Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > MARKETPLACE > Commercial Sales > New Product Announcements
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

New Product Announcements Vendors, share information about your newest products. Only CGN Vendors can start threads in this forum.

Old 08-22-2017, 9:36 AM
Vendor/Retailer

We are really looking forward to the resurgent arms model. Currently we have hammer heads on everything and it's what we bundle with featureless packages. The hammer head lets us get our hand all the way around as long as it has the proper extension setup. Once this grip is available though we are hoping to replace our hammer heads with it and include it in all our kits.
Old 08-22-2017, 5:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannycalifornia View Post
Maybe that was the plan all along ... Terrible thought but you never know. I haven't received any messages from him yet. I disputed the charge today so hopefully I get something out of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
let us know how it goes
Old 08-22-2017, 7:17 PM

Sent an email last week and got a reply yesterday.

Resurgent claimed that tooling production has commenced. Pre production samples due mid-September.

We'll see.
Old 08-23-2017, 10:15 AM

With some minor web fu, it's pretty easy to figure out who Will is and get his personal contact info. I spoke to him yesterday on the phone. He echoed the status from his customer broadcast email from a few days ago that his tooling partner will have samples ready in Sept and loosely hoping to ship in Oct. He mentioned personal and professional issues and apologized for lack of contact & updates. I advised him that while his project is cool, he's lost the trust of his early supporters and needs to be responsive and provide transparent updates. He acknowledged those points and processed my refund immediately after getting off the phone.

I have an eng/product background. My read on this situation is that Will is probably a well intentioned guy, but has no background in ID/ME, design, manufacturing process, not much biz sense, and is in way over his head. I doubt this widget will see light of day. I hope to be wrong, wish him and Resurgent Arms well, but I'm out.

Obviously, this modified grip approach is very much a legal gray zone anyway, The Liberal and Ledesema are both actual shipping products and give me plenty to play around with for now.

Hope this is helpful.

Last edited by phreaticus; 08-23-2017 at 12:00 PM..
Old 08-23-2017, 2:31 PM

Just got an email from Will, and also a picture of the mold that will make these grips, so production will start. He is trying to provide more updates.
Old 08-23-2017, 4:19 PM
Veteran Member

Folks,

Just heard from Will, sounds like it is moving ahead. Ordered a second grip. A2
Old 08-24-2017, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1BigTuna View Post
Just got an email from Will, and also a picture of the mold that will make these grips, so production will start. He is trying to provide more updates.
Post the pictures!
Old 08-24-2017, 12:49 AM

Prototype looks promising, but this is why I never pre-order new products from small / start up companies.

You're paying and risking $35 a year in advance to save $10? What if he runs into an impasse and your money has already been spent on R&D?

Hopefully he comes through with this product, however the continually delayed delivery date, and the delayed/lack of contact with backers/customers is disheartening.
Old 08-24-2017, 1:13 AM

interesting, i know it's difficult to please everyone, but my hands are giant, my hands size equals out to a 5xl glove, when riding my panhead chopper, it looks like im on a unicycle, i now weigh 310 lbs and stand 6' 6", i was the only kid in my school
who had his own page for school pictures

i use to weigh 420 and stood about a inch and half taller, but cancer knocked me down a peg or two

anyway i like the idea good luck on your product
Old 08-24-2017, 7:51 AM

Here's the picture that was sent out in his latest email. Creating the mold is of course the most expensive part of any new part manufacture, so at this point I'm pretty confident that we'll all receive our grips.

"That is one half of the mold. You can see the two cavities, which will allow us to crank out grips faster so we can get them to you sooner.

I also want to share that I’ve gotten a couple calls, which were very much appreciated, saying that my communication to you needs to increase, given the time this is taking to get done.

Going forward, we’ll be doing Monday updates, even if there’s not a whole lot to report, just to let you know things are progressing.

By the way, check your inbox tomorrow morning, I’m putting the finishing touches on something I want to give you in gratitude for your patience.

-Will"
Attached Images
File Type: jpg unnamed.jpg (36.8 KB, 728 views)
Old 08-24-2017, 7:55 AM

I got my refund. I'll place an order after they start shipping.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk
Old 08-24-2017, 9:33 AM

I also got a copy of that email with the pictured mold above. And I emailed Will back, and suggested that he should at least keep a steady update, of his product status, no matter how small an info it may be. Just so everyone know, that he's still around.
Well I guess he listened. Today, I just got another email from him, its not about his product, but about his thoughts on featureless.
Old 08-24-2017, 10:41 AM

To me, the measure of it all will be if he keeps this promise up:

"Going forward, we’ll be doing Monday updates, even if there’s not a whole lot to report, just to let you know things are progressing."

كافر - Infidel

NRA PATRON MEMBER
Old 08-29-2017, 10:11 PM

Did he give you guys an update?
Old 08-29-2017, 10:26 PM

Here is an email I received from Will:

Hi Richard,

Like I mentioned last week, we'll be doing Monday email updates until the grips are delivered.

There's not a whole lot to report this week. Our production facility is still cranking on the tooling, and we're about halfway into the 50 days until the promised samples.

Thanks to everyone who emailed me to comment and make suggestions on last week's infographic -- I got some really useful feedback.

I'll have another update for you next Monday.

-Will
Old 08-30-2017, 5:50 PM

I emailed Will for a refund well over a week ago (may have been 2 weeks) and haven't heard a peep. No refund, no email, no updates, no nothing. I may have to file a complaint with my credit card if it's not too late. The fact that he can't even take the time to come to this thread to provide an update is disappointing.

Last edited by RotaryRevn; 08-30-2017 at 6:13 PM..
Old 08-30-2017, 6:49 PM

Look at what I just posted about it, was Monday I think.
Old 08-30-2017, 7:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RotaryRevn View Post
I emailed Will for a refund well over a week ago (may have been 2 weeks) and haven't heard a peep. No refund, no email, no updates, no nothing. I may have to file a complaint with my credit card if it's not too late. The fact that he can't even take the time to come to this thread to provide an update is disappointing.

Same here man. Sent a couple messages and nothing back

Old 08-30-2017, 8:01 PM

Again, he has responded to some, maybe not all, but this is the latest status I see:

Hi Richard,

Like I mentioned last week, we'll be doing Monday email updates until the grips are delivered.

There's not a whole lot to report this week. Our production facility is still cranking on the tooling, and we're about halfway into the 50 days until the promised samples.

Thanks to everyone who emailed me to comment and make suggestions on last week's infographic -- I got some really useful feedback.

-Will
Old 08-30-2017, 8:03 PM

Is the CDOJ web site up and running so an "official serial #" for an 80% build can be sent for? If so, what is the link?
Old 08-31-2017, 11:34 AM

Default Design Update: Resurgent Arms Featureless Rifle Grip

Quote:
Again, he has responded to some, maybe not all, but this is the latest status I see:

Hi Richard,

-Will

Should be pretty easy for him to send a mass email to all buyers since we all gave him an email when we purchased the Grip.... So it does look unprofessional when not all buyers are informed directly. If I had gotten a personal email I would not have asked for a refund but since I feel left in the dark I am getting one.

Contacted my bank and they have refunded me the money from March as of today.

Old 08-31-2017, 11:46 AM

Yep, understand, don't know why it is not 100% of buyers.
Old 08-31-2017, 1:22 PM

Quote:
The dev cost for an injection molded polymer part like this can be in the $30-50k range. A person w/experience in the ID/ME product cycle & good design/manufacturing partner connections, could get this simple part done on the low side of that range, in 8 weeks. Will seems very green, but lets give him the benefit of the doubt & assume he can get it done on $35k.

Unless he has investors or cash laying around, Will is most likely funding the project via the $35 early customer sign up. In which case he needs 1000 of us.

If he has to refund too many of those, the project tanks... Who knows, but he may have had trouble getting 1000 folks in the first place. If he landed 500 folks then he'd have $18k and be stuck with lower end partners, which can typically lead to QA issues, delays, cost over-runs...

I strongly support small startup biz, wish Will well & was happy to support his project. I could care less about $35, but after he got flakey & the fuzzy schedule slipped by 2 mo, I decided to punt just based on principle. Had to track him down on personal cell phone to get my $ back.

Hope it works out.

Last edited by phreaticus; 08-31-2017 at 1:27 PM..
Old 09-01-2017, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Yep, his email updates definitely aren't making it to everyone and the fact that he never even responded to my request for a refund, or even sent an email with a simple status update prompted me to ask my credit card for a refund. I was able to do it online with my credit card and they refunded me the money instantly. I hope this product eventually makes it to market.
Old 09-07-2017, 4:28 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Hi everyone,

I apologize for the lack of communication, especially on this board. Admins reached out to me a number of months ago and asked me to sign up for a vendor account. I'm trying to be frugal with your money, in case any unexpected costs come up, so I declined to do it until we start shipping. My lack of participation here has been out of respect to the admins' wishes about not being seen attempting to sell here. (Admins -- if even this post from me is not okay, feel free to delete it, no hard feelings.)

A number of you have pointed out, not everyone is receiving the updates. For those who crossposted them here, thank you; I appreciate it. If you're not receiving updates, please, please email me and we'll get those rolling.

The best way to contact me is through email. Questions, comments, want a refund -- email. You'll get a response in 12-48 hours.

The grip is for sure happening. I got another image from our production facility today:

It appears that both halves of the mold are finished, and they're currently working on the slides and a couple other assisting parts.

Here's my most recent update, as of 3 days ago:

Hi _______,

I hope you had a fantastic Labor Day weekend.

I spoke with our production facility today, with the goal of nailing down more accurately when we could deliver the grips. It's looking like mid-November.

In order to give you more detail, here's a timeline for what's left:

October 2nd - untextured samples sent to me. (Everything after this is an estimate.)
2nd week October - untextured samples received, hopefully approved. This is where we make any fixes to the mold shape if necessary. Once we okay the grip shape, then they can apply the anti-slip textures.
3rd week October - Textured samples received, hopefully approved.
4th week October - mold airlifted to our main production facility.
1st/2nd week November - crank out everyone's grips.
3rd week November - send them out.

I'm a bit bummed by this; I'd hoped we'd have them out by the end of October. On the upside, that is a pretty conservative estimate. The only potential complication would be if I had to reject the first samples. We did a ton of prototyping, so I'm hoping we nail it on the first try.

Lastly, I just wanted to check in with you. What are your thoughts? Any feedback on the process or product? Let me know what you're thinking, and I'll answer your questions one by one, but also post the common questions next week.

Regards,
Will
----------------------

So, again -- I don't think I can participate here for the time being. Once the grips are shipping, I'll select a vendor account. (Hopefully bigcalidave will respond to my email this time around.) So please, please, please: if you need to contact me, email. Thanks everybody.
Old 09-07-2017, 4:36 PM

Thanks, it is a start up, and those are difficult with no issues, so good luck, will wait for my orders.
Old 09-08-2017, 8:07 AM
Calguns Addict

I understand what it's like to start a small business. You're doing well so far and have my support. Best of luck.

American Marksman Training Group, LLC
Visit our American Marksman Facebook Page
Old 09-12-2017, 1:30 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Hi everyone,

I should've done this months ago. I went ahead and signed up for a vendor account, as it's important to keep this conversation going.
Old 09-22-2017, 1:06 AM

https://youtu.be/EbuM6ubTqXM
Old 11-02-2017, 5:59 PM

Default Presale?

Are you still taking presale orders? I was just on your site and wanted to pre-order your grip and safety selector, but they're sold out. I know I late in the game, but I've been procrastinating on my decision btw featureless and registering....I've also been a stalker from the start
Old 11-19-2017, 6:43 AM
Veteran Member

Damn I am loving that safety.
Old 11-23-2017, 6:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFMDX View Post
I've been procrastinating on my decision btw featureless and registering....
In my opinion, registering shouldn't be considered an option due to all the restrictions and implications involved. You should be deciding between going featureless and adopting the new style magazine lock.

On another note, it looks like these grips are finally coming to fruition. If you guys haven't seen the video, here's the link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lA7...eid=add20b9edc
I ordered the FDE version so it looks like I'll be waiting until January for mine. Let's see some pics when you guys start receiving them.
Old 11-27-2017, 5:52 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFMDX View Post
Are you still taking presale orders? I was just on your site and wanted to pre-order your grip and safety selector, but they're sold out. I know I late in the game, but I've been procrastinating on my decision btw featureless and registering....I've also been a stalker from the start
Hi, that should be resolved now if you're still thinking about pre-ordering.

I'd recommend to go do it quickly, because I'm going to raise the price in a couple days.

Just a heads-up: all our black grip pre-order customers will receive their grips in mid-December. Anybody who ordered tan, or ordered after mid-November will receive their grips in late January when we run the 2nd batch.

If that all sounds good, go for it! If you have any questions, let me know. I check email most often: will@resurgentarms.com

-Will
Old 11-28-2017, 2:09 AM

I would recommend posting a picture in one of your original post. I clicked for sometime with no success and gave up. Not in a position to watch videos.
Old 11-28-2017, 9:15 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21guns View Post
I would recommend posting a picture in one of your original post. I clicked for sometime with no success and gave up. Not in a position to watch videos.
Gotcha. Let me see if I can do that here.

Hi ______,

Happy Thanksgiving!

I hope that the food was good, the company was even better, and the food coma was manageable.

First, the final product. Behold, the textured grip:

It worked out exactly as I hoped it would. Our production facility nailed it. Hats off to them.

You can see it in video here.

I also want to introduce something new, a new part of the kit:

The buffer tube and the castle nut both have sharp metal edges that can cause abrasions for people with bigger hands.

I wouldn't consider our grip a complete solution if it didn't solve that problem. So I sourced some custom-sized, weather-resistant bands to go over those spots and smooth out those edges. These will be included with each grip.

Now, as far as delivery...

You've been awesome. I'm grateful for your belief in the product, and your continued patience with all the setbacks.

After speaking to the production facility yesterday, there is one final delay.

Our black pre-order customers will receive their grips a few days before Christmas.

For tan/FDE customers, that will be the first or second week of January.

Here is how that breaks down:

Two weeks to make the first batch of black grips.
One week for them to arrive at our warehouse.
One more week to package the grips and send them out.

That puts us as the 3rd week of December. Add another 1-2 weeks for the tan customers, as those are made in a separate batch after the main batch.

Again, I am truly sorry for the delays.

The big lesson, for me, was to never go abroad for anything, ever again. Any of our other products, including the safety, will be made domestically from start to finish.

As always, open to comments, questions, criticisms, venting, or anything else you have to say. I may not respond to every email, but I read every one.

Looking forward to finishing the first batch and getting those out. I'll have some action footage for you soon!

Happy Thanksgiving,
-Will