Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > General gun discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General gun discussions This is a place to lounge and discuss firearm related topics with other forum members.

Old 12-15-2017, 6:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonreg_89323423 View Post
I still don't see why this hasn't been put on hold pending a lawsuit outcome, California has ZERO authority to regulate interstate commerce.

Was this a serious statement or have you been living in the dark for the past couple of years?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

"You're never gonna defeat 220lbs of twisted steel and sex appeal" - Malibu

I'm not here for a long time, just a good time.
Old 12-15-2017, 7:05 PM
Seņor Member
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaCowboy View Post
No retailer, legit ammo seller is going to send ammo to CA, UPS is not going to shop for ammo for you. If you had a buddy in another state buy ammo for you and ship it to you through UPS I guess they would have no way of knowing what was being shipped and most likely deliver it to your door. But it only takes getting caught once, not sure what the outcome of that would be.
It's an infraction for the Californian.
CA can not criminally charge the out of state vendor.
There is no criminal or civil liability for the shipper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantodd View Post
A just gov't will not be overthrown by force or violence because the people have no incentive to overthrow a just gov't. If a small minority of people attempt such an insurrection to grab power and enslave the people the RKBA of the whole is our insurance against their success.
Old 12-15-2017, 7:10 PM
Win win win win
CGN Contributor

Location: Ventura County, Caught Between My Woman And My Pistol And My Chips

Quote:
Originally Posted by dommypls View Post
Was this a serious statement or have you been living in the dark for the past couple of years?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's all I'm gonna say 'bout that. Next time you're on the toilet , check post history.
Stand up and be counted, or lay down and be mounted... -Mac

Old 12-16-2017, 3:02 PM

I know a guy that had his dad sending him his pot (unlicensed midical) through the mail (USPS) . the post office caught it somewhere down the line (dogs or something maybe). But he got a letter in the mail stating that the post office has intercepted a package addressed to him and from who it was shipped. They stated that the package is suspected of containing a controlled substance and if he wanted the package he would have to come pick it up and claim it. The post office did not open the package but stated that if this is not your package you did not have to do anything and the package would be opened in 30 days and the contents destroyed if it was indeed what they suspected, I believe. Basically caught it in route but were not going to prosecute anyone but he was just not going to get his package. I am thinking maybe it would be the same type situation with ammo. Not going to test it out.
Old 12-16-2017, 3:08 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
No retailer, legit ammo seller is going to send ammo to CA, UPS is not going to shop for ammo for you. If you had a buddy in another state buy ammo for you and ship it to you through UPS I guess they would have no way of knowing what was being shipped and most likely deliver it to your door. But it only takes getting caught once, not sure what the outcome of that would be.
Not exactly true, there are exemptions to the law and some of the big ammo retailers have already stated that they will continue to ship to those in CA who are exempt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosdanger View Post
Weiner is in jail for doing much less than Kavanaugh or your Dear Leader Trump have done and they are walking around free.

NRA Benefactor Member

Police brutality? Visit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRd5oucG114 to learn more about "isolated incidents"
Old 12-16-2017, 3:08 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

So did you go get your pot?
Old 12-16-2017, 3:11 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
I know a guy that had his dad sending him his pot (unlicensed midical) through the mail (USPS) . the post office caught it somewhere down the line (dogs or something maybe). But he got a letter in the mail stating that the post office has intercepted a package addressed to him and from who it was shipped. They stated that the package is suspected of containing a controlled substance and if he wanted the package he would have to come pick it up and claim it. The post office did not open the package but stated that if this is not your package you did not have to do anything and the package would be opened in 30 days and the contents destroyed if it was indeed what they suspected, I believe. Basically caught it in route but were not going to prosecute anyone but he was just not going to get his package. I am thinking maybe it would be the same type situation with ammo. Not going to test it out.
And guess what the postal inspector (federal law enforcement agents) would be doing when you showed up to claim your package?

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosdanger View Post
Weiner is in jail for doing much less than Kavanaugh or your Dear Leader Trump have done and they are walking around free.

NRA Benefactor Member

Police brutality? Visit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRd5oucG114 to learn more about "isolated incidents"
Old 12-16-2017, 9:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajb78 View Post
So did you go get your pot?
Lol, I have not touched the stuff since I was a teen. But no, he did not.
Old 12-16-2017, 9:13 PM
Seņor Member

Quote:
Lol, I have not touched the stuff since I was a teen. But no, he did not.
The difference is, pot is contraband.
Even though it may be legal medically, it is still (and will remain) illegal to ship USPS... or to ship across state lines.

Ammunition is not contraband. MOST residents will not be legally eligible to receive a shipment, but many thousands will be, in addition to FFLs and licensed ammunition dealers.

There would be no reason for any shipper to delay or block any ammo shipment.

Quote:
A just gov't will not be overthrown by force or violence because the people have no incentive to overthrow a just gov't. If a small minority of people attempt such an insurrection to grab power and enslave the people the RKBA of the whole is our insurance against their success.
Old 12-16-2017, 9:32 PM
I need a LIFE!!

So, does the "postmark"/shipping date matter as in something ordered/ shipped 12/31 not being allowed into California?
I ask because Target Sports gave a 12/25 deadline for orders and since they held my last order for a week before shipping I am wondering if they get it on the Fedex truck 12/31/17 is it GTG for California?
Old 12-17-2017, 7:34 AM
Veteran Member

One issue is that Cabelas for instance will not ship bullets nor brass. Other online vendors will.

I predict those will be banned by California for online purchases some day soon.

Bullet casting will become popular. Brass will become more available in local brick and mortar stores. Low power loads that extends brass life will become popular, magnum calibers will lose popularity.

Action types that are less choosy over ammunition being exactly to spec (bolt action rifles, revolvers) will be more popular than they are now.

Last edited by Darto; 12-17-2017 at 7:37 AM..
Old 12-17-2017, 7:43 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GW View Post
So, does the "postmark"/shipping date matter as in something ordered/ shipped 12/31 not being allowed into California?
I ask because Target Sports gave a 12/25 deadline for orders and since they held my last order for a week before shipping I am wondering if they get it on the Fedex truck 12/31/17 is it GTG for California?
That seems like a late cutoff for Target Sports, it seems like they don't ship until they have a full trailer load, and especially late with them being in CT. Even if it shipped 12/26, I don't see it getting to CA before the new year, unless shipped overnight or 2nd day air.
Old 12-17-2017, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajb78 View Post
That seems like a late cutoff for Target Sports, it seems like they don't ship until they have a full trailer load, and especially late with them being in CT. Even if it shipped 12/26, I don't see it getting to CA before the new year, unless shipped overnight or 2nd day air.
It won't be shipped air
Old 12-29-2017, 7:54 PM

Maybe someone will post if they do get a shipment after 01-01-2018, and provide safe of fail details.

- Aut Pax Aut Bellum - Volunteer LDW
Old 12-29-2017, 9:33 PM

Does anyone know what Ca. can do to an out of state shipper for sending ammo into Ca? Could'nt they just tell Ca. to "Suck it"!
Old 12-29-2017, 10:30 PM
Front Toward Enemy 🔫
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by glilon View Post
Does anyone know what Ca. can do to an out of state shipper for sending ammo into Ca? Could'nt they just tell Ca. to "Suck it"!
Yeah, that worked out great for Exile Machine and others when they were sending in mag rebuild kits

Refresher: The City of SF sued them. They paid $$.
https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/...d.php?t=776301

"Texans always move them!"
General Robert E. Lee, May 6, 1864 - Battle of the Wilderness

Last edited by SkyHawk; 12-29-2017 at 10:33 PM..
Old 12-29-2017, 11:08 PM

Default Nooooo

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimfire11 View Post
Title says it all, and I did a quick search of UPS and FedEx's websites and didn't see anything. Maybe I'll call one of them next week, but I was wondering if anyone has heard anything from them directly.
For example: If you buy ammo on 12/30/17 from the Midwest or back East and have a scheduled delivery date of 1/5/18, what will happen?
No one will ship to you, lah

Just celebrate the next few days, then find a "fair & balanced" FFL to handle your ammo deliveries.

Old 12-29-2017, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darto View Post
One issue is that Cabelas for instance will not ship bullets nor brass. Other online vendors will.

I predict those will be banned by California for online purchases some day soon.

Bullet casting will become popular. Brass will become more available in local brick and mortar stores. Low power loads that extends brass life will become popular, magnum calibers will lose popularity.

Action types that are less choosy over ammunition being exactly to spec (bolt action rifles, revolvers) will be more popular than they are now.
Cabela's is still shipping powder, I received a recent powder order today. No indication of restrictions when ordering.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Old 12-30-2017, 7:27 AM
Veteran Member

OP is a type of guy that calls the ATF asking if its legal to shoulder a brace.

Quote:
"The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. A well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the best and most natural defense of a free country."
- Dianne Feinstein
Old 12-30-2017, 8:30 AM
Veteran Member

Sent from my SM-G920T1 using Tapatalk
my gun shoots better with shiny brass...plus not only does the shiny brass make me look like a pimp at the range if the sun catches it just right it blinds the guy next to me which improves my odds of winning the match.
Old 12-30-2017, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyHawk View Post
Fedex and UPS do not enforce laws. Nothing good will come from calling them. No ammo supplier is going to send ammo to CA on 12/30 unless the buyer is exempt from the new law, much less take a new order on 12/30. Most ammo vendors have established a cutoff of mid December.
And TSUSA still hasn't shipped my order that was placed 3 weeks ago.
Old 12-30-2017, 8:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmas View Post
No one will ship to you, lah

Just celebrate the next few days, then find a "fair & balanced" FFL to handle your ammo deliveries.

Mine shipped from Targetsportsusa on the 29th (ordered on the 22nd) and will arrive on 5 Jan.
Old 12-30-2017, 9:16 PM
I need a LIFE!!

My Target Sports order is in Tracy so I guess since its now in California, I'm home free.
Old 12-30-2017, 9:21 PM

I have a question is it legal for someone to send me ammo after new law. Curious cuz I had a relative send me some .357 hollows as a Christmas gift and got me thinking if that would still be ok after the 1st??

Building a 1911 with a rock in a Cavehttp://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=957081
Old 12-30-2017, 10:31 PM
Seņor Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaberaynes View Post
I have a question is it legal for someone to send me ammo after new law. Curious cuz I had a relative send me some .357 hollows as a Christmas gift and got me thinking if that would still be ok after the 1st??
Only your spouse.

Quote: