Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Shotgun discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Shotgun discussions Trap, Hunting, Defense and more. A place for enthusiasts to discuss the shotgun.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-13-2017, 9:53 PM
Jet Setter's Avatar
Jet Setter Jet Setter is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: PRK
Posts: 5,172
iTrader: 31 / 100%
Question Citori 725 PRO Sporting - reviews?

Looking into this particular O/U. Anyone actually own one that is willing to give some feedback? Any likes/dislikes?

None of my local shops have one for me to shoulder. I have a hard time purchasing without, first, laying my hands on it.

Any info would be appreciated.
__________________
같같같같같같같같같같
WTB:
GP100 6" stainless
12 gauge O/U with 32" ported barrels, sporting ribs, & removable chokes
CZ Tactical Sport 40 S&W
Ponsness Warren 800+ 12 gauge


Need some AR500 targets? Free $10 credit.
https://shootingtargets7.com/store/?...pBdnFlL0FxS3M9

Last edited by Jet Setter; 12-13-2017 at 10:43 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-14-2017, 5:47 PM
Jordon@PacificSporting's Avatar
Jordon@PacificSporting Jordon@PacificSporting is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 23
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

We have about 20 of them in stock right now, call us if you have any questions!

626-633-1002
__________________
General Manager
Pacific Sporting Arms
912 W. 10th St
Azusa, CA 91702
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-14-2017, 5:55 PM
pennstater's Avatar
pennstater pennstater is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Diamond Bar,Ca.
Posts: 1,539
iTrader: 7 / 100%
Default

Hello Jordon! Been a while. Hope you have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Take care.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-14-2017, 7:45 PM
ysr_racer's Avatar
ysr_racer ysr_racer is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: somewhere lost in the O.C.
Posts: 5,715
iTrader: 5 / 100%
Default

OP, I shoot a 525, which is two generations earlier. I've shoot my buddy's 725, and it's a nice gun.

Good triggers. Keep in mind there's probably a dozen variants of the 725. Trap, skeet, sporting clays, field...

What are you looking for? What one person likes, might be what someone else dislikes.
__________________
Brad G.
So Cal USA
Check out my Sporting Clays page, CLICK HERE!!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-14-2017, 7:52 PM
JS41989's Avatar
JS41989 JS41989 is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 965
iTrader: 28 / 100%
Default

Went with the 725 Field when I was on the hunt for one about a year ago. Lovely o/u.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-14-2017, 9:15 PM
Jet Setter's Avatar
Jet Setter Jet Setter is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: PRK
Posts: 5,172
iTrader: 31 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysr_racer View Post
OP, I shoot a 525, which is two generations earlier. I've shoot my buddy's 725, and it's a nice gun.

Good triggers. Keep in mind there's probably a dozen variants of the 725. Trap, skeet, sporting clays, field...

What are you looking for? What one person likes, might be what someone else dislikes.
Definitely looking at the 725 Pro Sporting (not Trap models). I am familiar with the Browning sporting variants and have tried a few. I just needed particular input on this specific model as I have never actually seen one or held one in person.
__________________
같같같같같같같같같같
WTB:
GP100 6" stainless
12 gauge O/U with 32" ported barrels, sporting ribs, & removable chokes
CZ Tactical Sport 40 S&W
Ponsness Warren 800+ 12 gauge


Need some AR500 targets? Free $10 credit.
https://shootingtargets7.com/store/?...pBdnFlL0FxS3M9
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-14-2017, 9:16 PM
Jet Setter's Avatar
Jet Setter Jet Setter is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: PRK
Posts: 5,172
iTrader: 31 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordon@PacificSporting View Post
We have about 20 of them in stock right now, call us if you have any questions!

626-633-1002
Thank you. I am hoping to find one locally. If not, you will be my first stop.
__________________
같같같같같같같같같같
WTB:
GP100 6" stainless
12 gauge O/U with 32" ported barrels, sporting ribs, & removable chokes
CZ Tactical Sport 40 S&W
Ponsness Warren 800+ 12 gauge


Need some AR500 targets? Free $10 credit.
https://shootingtargets7.com/store/?...pBdnFlL0FxS3M9
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-14-2017, 9:31 PM
ysr_racer's Avatar
ysr_racer ysr_racer is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: somewhere lost in the O.C.
Posts: 5,715
iTrader: 5 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet Setter View Post
Definitely looking at the 725 Pro Sporting (not Trap models). I am familiar with the Browning sporting variants and have tried a few. I just needed particular input on this specific model as I have never actually seen one or held one in person.
I guess I'm not following along. What are you specially looking for? It's a shotgun, one end guess bang, the other doesn't.

Just because someone else likes it, doesn't mean you will. Just because it fits someone else like a glove, doesn't mean it will fit you.

Someone online could no sooner pick out a pair of shoes for you, then they could a shotgun. A 727 is an expensive investment, DO NOT BUY ONE UNTIL YOU'VE AT LEAST SHOULDERED IT.
__________________
Brad G.
So Cal USA
Check out my Sporting Clays page, CLICK HERE!!

Last edited by ysr_racer; 12-14-2017 at 9:34 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-14-2017, 9:44 PM
Jet Setter's Avatar
Jet Setter Jet Setter is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: PRK
Posts: 5,172
iTrader: 31 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysr_racer View Post
A 727 is an expensive investment, DO NOT BUY ONE UNTIL YOU'VE AT LEAST SHOULDERED IT.
I agree - that is why I am still on the hunt for one that I can get my mitts on. I just wanted some personal feedback from those who own and shoot one.
__________________
같같같같같같같같같같
WTB:
GP100 6" stainless
12 gauge O/U with 32" ported barrels, sporting ribs, & removable chokes
CZ Tactical Sport 40 S&W
Ponsness Warren 800+ 12 gauge


Need some AR500 targets? Free $10 credit.
https://shootingtargets7.com/store/?...pBdnFlL0FxS3M9
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-14-2017, 9:53 PM
ceh383's Avatar
ceh383 ceh383 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Acton, CA
Posts: 778
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysr_racer View Post
A 727 is an expensive investment
Damn right a 727 is an expensive investment, but what does a jumbo jet have to with shotguns
__________________
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 12-14-2017, 10:03 PM
ysr_racer's Avatar
ysr_racer ysr_racer is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: somewhere lost in the O.C.
Posts: 5,715
iTrader: 5 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet Setter View Post
I agree - that is why I am still on the hunt for one that I can get my mitts on. I just wanted some personal feedback from those who own and shoot one.
I guess I'm still not getting it. There isn't anything anybody that owns one could tell you, that would be even remotely relevant to you.

My buddy has one and likes it. I shot it and liked it.

That's the best I can do.
__________________
Brad G.
So Cal USA
Check out my Sporting Clays page, CLICK HERE!!
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 12-14-2017, 10:03 PM
ysr_racer's Avatar
ysr_racer ysr_racer is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: somewhere lost in the O.C.
Posts: 5,715
iTrader: 5 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceh383 View Post
Damn right a 727 is an expensive investment, but what does a jumbo jet have to with shotguns
Don't quit your day job
__________________
Brad G.
So Cal USA
Check out my Sporting Clays page, CLICK HERE!!
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 12-14-2017, 11:10 PM
SoCalPI SoCalPI is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: South Orange County
Posts: 1,653
iTrader: 38 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysr_racer View Post
I guess I'm not following along. What are you specially looking for? It's a shotgun, one end guess bang, the other doesn't.

Just because someone else likes it, doesn't mean you will. Just because it fits someone else like a glove, doesn't mean it will fit you.

Someone online could no sooner pick out a pair of shoes for you, then they could a shotgun. A 727 is an expensive investment, DO NOT BUY ONE UNTIL YOU'VE AT LEAST SHOULDERED IT.
You drinking again? Lol
"one end guess bang"
"727" instead of 725

But your point is spot on.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 12-14-2017, 11:30 PM
ysr_racer's Avatar
ysr_racer ysr_racer is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: somewhere lost in the O.C.
Posts: 5,715
iTrader: 5 / 100%
Default

"Again" would indicate that at some point I stopped
__________________
Brad G.
So Cal USA
Check out my Sporting Clays page, CLICK HERE!!
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 12-14-2017, 11:31 PM
ysr_racer's Avatar
ysr_racer ysr_racer is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: somewhere lost in the O.C.
Posts: 5,715
iTrader: 5 / 100%
Default

220, 221, what ever it takes.
__________________
Brad G.
So Cal USA
Check out my Sporting Clays page, CLICK HERE!!
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 12-15-2017, 7:57 AM
ysr_racer's Avatar
ysr_racer ysr_racer is offline
Calguns Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: somewhere lost in the O.C.
Posts: 5,715
iTrader: 5 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalPI View Post
You drinking again? Lol
"one end guess bang"
"727" instead of 725

But your point is spot on.
I'd like to formerly apologise
__________________
Brad G.
So Cal USA
Check out my Sporting Clays page, CLICK HERE!!
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 12-15-2017, 12:10 PM
SoCalPI SoCalPI is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: South Orange County
Posts: 1,653
iTrader: 38 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysr_racer View Post
"Again" would indicate that at some point I stopped
Hilarious!!
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 12-15-2017, 6:46 PM
sd joe sd joe is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 670
iTrader: 13 / 100%
Default

I have a 725 Sporting (not PRO) that I bought at Pacific Sporting a couple years ago. It is a beautiful shotgun and I really like it. I am not a fan of ported barrels but that뭩 how they come.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 12-16-2017, 7:22 AM
cpttimerestraint cpttimerestraint is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 343
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sd joe View Post
I have a 725 Sporting (not PRO) that I bought at Pacific Sporting a couple years ago. It is a beautiful shotgun and I really like it. I am not a fan of ported barrels but that뭩 how they come.
A little jb weld can fill the porting.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 12-16-2017, 10:14 AM
sd joe sd joe is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 670
iTrader: 13 / 100%
Default

Toothpicks work too.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:48 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2018, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.