Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Southern California Chapters > San Diego Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-16-2013, 2:09 PM

Thumbs up Places to shoot

I want to thank you in advance for any info you have. I am fairly new to shooting. I have plenty of range hours, but I am looking to utilize some BLM land for target practice. Can anyone point me in the right direction here in San Diego...

Thanks guys

Joe
Old 11-16-2013, 2:22 PM

"pink gate" it's off the 94 east of otay lakes a couple miles. it's dubbed pink gate well due to the pink gate that's there. or further east on the 94 pass the border patrol checkpoint.
Old 11-16-2013, 5:57 PM

Wow...must be top secret. I figured the great things I have heard about this site would hold true. Im not looking for secret spots, just something that is convenient so I can throw some lead. Thanks again guys
Old 11-16-2013, 6:32 PM
CGSSA Leader
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by redshirt View Post
Wow...must be top secret. I figured the great things I have heard about this site would hold true. Im not looking for secret spots, just something that is convenient so I can throw some lead. Thanks again guys

There are several indoor ranges around Iron Sights, American Shooting Center, P2K, etc. South Bay Rod and Gun Club is the only public outdoor range I know of in the area.

As for BLM I'd check this thread out http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=544860 and pay attention to the forum for any clean and shoot meetups. There are also many other threads on the first page of this sub-forum on this topic that explain why it's not a good idea to openly post shooting spots...

NRA life member, CRPA member and, SAF life member -- Holsters & High Heels (Facebook - YouTube)

“The man in black fled into the desert and the gunslinger followed.”

“For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul?” (Matthew 16:26)
Old 11-16-2013, 6:41 PM
CGSSA Associate

Quote:
Please understand that time, after time, after time, after time we have seen most of our spots closed due to irresponsible shooters. We are in danger of losing the few areas that dont require hours of drive time from central SD. If you are really interested, check out one of the events where we clean for an hour or two before we shoot. We can educate you on the ins and outs of shooting out there. It goes well beyond what is listed on the BLM website.

With all due respect, and Im not stating you are irresponsible in any way, you have not contributed anything to the community and storm in asking for places to shoot. This is generally frowned upon because, as I previously stated, responsible shooters keep loosing places to shoot. Im not judging you by any means, but please drop the attitude. 95% of the Calgunners I have meet in person have been upstanding individuals.

Have some patience friend.
Old 11-16-2013, 7:32 PM

Quote:
Jay mentioned a spot in the post above yours. You want us to drive you there too?
Old 11-17-2013, 5:57 AM

Hey NONO, you fly I buy. Listen, I appreciate the help. I just thought there would be more feedbacks to where I could obtain info myself and find my own spot and not leech off yours. Thanks again guys
Old 11-17-2013, 6:16 AM

905 south side new spot . Outdoor for free. sdge property you must know somebody to get there. It's really nice .
Old 11-17-2013, 6:29 AM

it's not top secret. you can find it. I've never personally shot at pink at but passed it on my way to BLM. and said oh that's where the pink gate is. you'll not likely be by yourself I'm guessing and I'm sure if there are responsible shooters there they would say something to someone not cleaning up after themself. BLM isn't so much my cup of tea especially if you're shooting 22s. I find it too much of a hassle to pick up such small casings. might be the small group I went shorting with, but I didn't find it enjoyable having to walk out to reset targets.
Old 11-17-2013, 3:20 PM

I go past pink gate all of the time. now that the weather is cooler you will see a lot of cars parked on the 94 at the PINK gate. when you see the cars parked on the right. you can see the shooting location from the side of the road. you have to carry your gear about 150Yards.
Old 11-17-2013, 5:24 PM

Is any one planninv to go to the pink gate soon
Old 11-20-2013, 2:50 PM

Take the 8 east to imperial county and exit @ ocotillo wells, go left and past the lazy lizard, past the refuse and keep driving until you can make a right turn... thats BLM land there.