Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 09-06-2013, 12:31 PM
Banned

Default Gun Store Owner Happy with Ammo Restriction

I was at a gun store today and the owner told me he was happy with the new ammo restrictions. He said, he was happy purely from a capitalist stand point. He said, all ammo will have to be purchased from local stores.

He caught himself and said, well sometimes there are customers we just shouldn't sell ammo too. He also stated that they weren't going to make much more money due to the additional required man power. Again, I think he said this after he could see my disgust.

I couldn't believe what he was saying. I did make me think that maybe in some instances business might be happy with certain restrictions. However, its only going to be a short term gain.

I also noticed that they put limits back on their AMMO. I think they are restricting because they know the rush is coming. This is despicable.

I think with everything happening this is the final straw for me. I use to think these guys were true believers. They are not it's all about making money.

I'm DONE.

Last edited by Windex; 09-06-2013 at 12:36 PM..
Old 09-06-2013, 12:33 PM
Veteran Member

I will be going out of state to purchase ammo when this passes.
Old 09-06-2013, 12:39 PM
Calguns Addict

Well, who the hell is it. Those are the types of shops that shouldn't be supported. They will sell out gun owners to make a buck.
Old 09-06-2013, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whlgun View Post
^^^^^^^^ this.

Plus Moonbeam and his spending beast/rights denying politburo will be denying my annual fee, my sales taxes, and any other related taxes generated from my purchases.

The State of AZ will be the beneficiary of my semi-annual pilgrimage for shooting supplies.
Old 09-06-2013, 12:45 PM

Even amongst gun owners, dealers, etc. Many people do not care.

I will be honest, I am relieved that I am probably moving out of state in a couple weeks. What is going on here still bothers me, however. We cannot let them think passing these laws is "okay and no one cares."

Again I will be honest and say: Simply by numbers, there is more resistance to insane gun laws in other states than here. By elected officials, and the citizens.

That does not keep you safe, however, and elected officials can be shady as well. (think Colorado.)
Old 09-06-2013, 12:47 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windex View Post
He said, he was happy purely from a capitalist stand point. He said, all ammo will have to be purchased from local stores.
The primary purpose of any business is to make profit, so his thinking in that respect is correct.

Whether the math adds up is what remains to be seen. The way the law is worded, it's not going to be easy for anyone just to walk in and get ammo, so many potential customers will have to walk out.
Old 09-06-2013, 12:48 PM

Quote:
What happens if these out of state gun stores don't have ammo either. Do a walmart search of nevada or arizona and it comes up with hardly anything
Old 09-06-2013, 12:49 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirgrumps View Post
The State of AZ will be the beneficiary of my semi-annual pilgrimage for shooting supplies.
Make sure you also fill up your car and eat lunch on the AZ side. It's not much, but it's the thought that counts .
Old 09-06-2013, 12:49 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Losd619 View Post
What happens if these out of state gun stores don't have ammo either. Do a walmart search of nevada or arizona and it comes up with hardly anything
Currently we are in an ammo shortage. Things will get better for those outside of CA.
Old 09-06-2013, 12:50 PM

Quote:
I was at a gun store today and the owner told me he was happy with the new ammo restrictions. He said, he was happy purely from a capitalist stand point. He said, all ammo will have to be purchased from local stores.

He caught himself and said, well sometimes there are customers we just shouldn't sell ammo too. He also stated that they weren't going to make much more money due to the additional required man power. Again, I think he said this after he could see my disgust.

I couldn't believe what he was saying. I did make me think that maybe in some instances business might be happy with certain restrictions. However, its only going to be a short term gain.

I also noticed that they put limits back on their AMMO. I think they are restricting because they know the rush is coming. This is despicable.

I think with everything happening this is the final straw for me. I use to think these guys were true believers. They are not it's all about making money.

I'm DONE.
He won't be so happy when customers just buy out-of-state. And the one's he thought he shouldn't sell to, well, they'll probably just go out-of-state as well. Congratulations.
Old 09-06-2013, 12:51 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intimid8tor View Post
Well, who the hell is it. Those are the types of shops that shouldn't be supported. They will sell out gun owners to make a buck.
Credit where credit is due.

These gun stores don't have any more say over the law than you or I do. Just because there is (might be) a silver lining for them doesn't make them responsible for the laws. I'd agree with you only if they actively supported the law, e.g., by not wanting to share fliers or alike.
Old 09-06-2013, 12:58 PM

That store would loose all of my business.
And yes I would tell them.
And yes I would spread the word.
Old 09-06-2013, 1:01 PM

Everyone will start buying in Nevada and Arizona, the shop owners will get wise to this and start charging a higher price to people from California. They just won't list the price and will ask for ID.

A business is in business to make money. Money is first and foremost on 99% of their minds.
Old 09-06-2013, 1:02 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intimid8tor View Post
Store name please !
Old 09-06-2013, 1:07 PM

Quote:
He said, he was happy purely from a capitalist stand point. He said, all ammo will have to be purchased from local stores .

...... Just another dreamer.......
Old 09-06-2013, 1:11 PM
Calguns Addict

I don't buy much from gun stores ,too expensive!
Old 09-06-2013, 1:11 PM

I dont think the California politicos give a rats patootie about losing the sales taxes from ammo sales, they will just make it up somewhere else.
They sure as heck dont care about businesses here either.
No problem to them, they will just increase the business taxes to make up for what they lose.
Their agenda is to make California firearm free.
Only the privileged few will have firearms, only those who can spend money as if it were of no concern.
Joe average sportsman in California had better take up Golf.
Look what they have done to the saltwater fishermen in the state.
They will do that to hunters and shooters, narrow down where and when you can shoot and tax the devil out of us.
F*** our representatives who will sell us out and F*** those that started out on our side then caved to peer pressure.
Old 09-06-2013, 1:21 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:

I'm DONE.
i HATE it when people post a thread like this about a gun store that is not looking out for the rights of its customers and only wants to price gouge and the OP DOES NOT NAME THE STORE. do us all a favor and out the store so we know to take our money somewhere else.................

burn the circus down cuz the world is full of clowns
Old 09-06-2013, 1:35 PM
I need a LIFE!!

In 1995 after the AWB passed, many stores closed.

The public had spent 5 years of discretionary funds and ranges were empty

In 1994, ranges were packed

The same with the Y2K California ban. CA purchased the countries inventory of things to be banned. 2001 was a soft year

I imagine when the retailer telling people to go find a live scan location, get printed, blah blah blah, the sales volume will drop.

We tracked ammo sales from the 1960s into the 1980s

Billions of transactions logged- zero crimes solved.

Rule 2 -NEVER LET THE MUZZLE COVER ANYTHING YOU ARE NOT PREPARED TO DESTROY (including your hands and legs)

Rule 3 -KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER UNTIL YOUR SIGHTS ARE ON THE TARGET

Rule 4 -BE SURE OF YOUR TARGET AND WHAT IS BEYOND IT
(thanks to Jeff Cooper)
Old 09-06-2013, 1:39 PM

Quote:
This
Old 09-06-2013, 1:45 PM

I, like most on here will be purchasing out of State. BUT, it won't be long before they pass legislation saying it's illegal to "bring ammo in without a license or registering it somehow".

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed. NRA LIFE MEMBER
Old 09-06-2013, 1:49 PM
Veteran Member

Name?
WTB: multiautomatic ghost gun with a .30-caliber clip to disperse with 30 bullets within half a second. Must include shoulder thing that goes up. Memberships/Affiliations: CERT, ARRL ARES, NRA Patron Member, HRC, CGN/CGSSA, Cal-FFL
Old 09-06-2013, 1:50 PM

GIVE US THE NAME OF THE STORE!
Old 09-06-2013, 1:54 PM
Veteran Member

Bet he's smiling about his plans to raise prices too
Old 09-06-2013, 1:57 PM

kinda curious as to why he wont name the store after multiple inquires

Courage is endurance for one moment more…
- Unknown USMC Lieutenant
Old 09-06-2013, 2:03 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Everyone will start buying in Nevada and Arizona, the shop owners will get wise to this and start charging a higher price to people from California. They just won't list the price and will ask for ID.
Everyone from Arizona and Nevada buy their ammo in those stores, and probably dont pass dozens of others on the way, so why would they think they can charge more to customers who travel significant distances and pass many other ammo stores on the way but not charge more to those who buy there because of its convenience?
Old 09-06-2013, 2:03 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:

I'm DONE.
This is econ 101. Some Business love regulation... but actually, 'some' almost always means 'big' business. In the end this could push more traffic to chain stores that can offer lower prices due to large buys... could end up putting him out of business in the end.
Old 09-06-2013, 2:07 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Losd619 View Post
Man; I just need to move right over the state line and open a bar, cigar store, with ammo....
Old 09-06-2013, 2:45 PM
Calguns Addict

So?

People have both benefited and suffered commercially from government regulation since the time of ancient Babylon.Just ask the shareholders of Ruger around back in January of this year.

The 1911 may have been in wars for 100 years, but Masetro Bartolomeo Beretta was arming the world 400 years before John Browning was ever a wet dream.
Old 09-06-2013, 2:51 PM

CalGuns might want to consider offering a field trip to Arizona. We could all claim to be friends of Eric Holder thus acquiring whatever we want in quantity?
Old 09-06-2013, 2:55 PM

1 - name the store!

2 - name the store!

3 - That stupid store owner is so short-sighted, it's not even funny. Who the hell will be buying ammo when you can't buy any damn guns anymore? And this jack hole thinks he'll make more money?

Out the bastard. Let's give him a taste of his own medicine.
Old 09-06-2013, 3:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post

A business is in business to make money. Money is first and foremost on 99% of their minds.
And just maybe the shops left in CA will organzie to reverse some laws for business purposes. Money spent = taxes and they will be a lot less in CA coffiers.
Old 09-06-2013, 3:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyson View Post
Bet he's smiling about his plans to raise prices too
I remember Miwall selling 8lbs of IMR powder for $145. When the Kenyan got re-elected, they bumped it up to $168. After Sandy Hook, they bumped it up again. Don't know where they are at right now -probably around $200- as I stopped buying from them long ago after I found out you can still get the same powder from Powder Valley for $147.

Even if they come back down on their prices I won't patronize them again. I've had enough of their "the market has dried up" Kool Aid. I love the long lines snaking around their booth, though. It keeps their customers occupied for hours, allowing my to peruse the tables at the gun show and snatch up all kinds of rare/obsolete stuff while the line at the Miwall booth moves at snail's pace.
Old 09-06-2013, 3:14 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
This and I reload my own. I will buy components out of state as well.
Old 09-06-2013, 3:20 PM
Banned

I'm not going to name the store. My point of the post was to let everyone know that you should not assume that even people in the business aren't necessarily are our allies.

He was smiling. He even made that money gesture with his fingers. While our rights are being taken away he will be making money.

It's tough because until today we would discuss the gun laws are we would both be in agreement about. He seemed to be a good guy.

However, I reminded everyday that it's all about money.
Old 09-06-2013, 3:25 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
YUP!

Go up to Tahoe, play in the snow, down to Reno, pick up some ammo...

If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face — forever.

Government Official Lies
. F r e e d o m . D i e s .
Old 09-06-2013, 3:26 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by majtom94 View Post
And just maybe the shops left in CA will organzie to reverse some laws for business purposes. Money spent = taxes and they will be a lot less in CA coffiers.
Won't happen. I'm not saying the shops organizing won't happen, but CA will not be reversing those laws. CA legislature would be quite happy with no gun stores in the state.

They can always get their taxes by other means.

If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face — forever.

Government Official Lies
. F r e e d o m . D i e s .
Old 09-06-2013, 3:33 PM
CGN Contributor

I don't know what all this driving out-of-state business is about. Even brick-and-mortar shops out of state are short on stock. Online sales, though, is the key. If you read the bill, it is perfectly legal for an FFL to accept an online shipment of ammo. There's where they could make some money. Instead of doing transfers of firearms, now they can be a clearinghouse for ammo, too. I don't like the bill one bit, but at least this would be cheaper than driving out of state.

DISCLAIMER: The information contained herein is general in nature, which may not apply to particular factual or legal circumstances, and is intended for informational purposes only. Consistent with Calguns policy, the information does not constitute legal advice or opinions and should not be relied upon as such. Transmission of the information is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. Readers should not act upon any information in my posts without seeking professional counsel.
Old 09-06-2013, 3:36 PM

Can anybody say BLACK MARKET. This is no different than the prohibition of alcohol. Ever hear a drunk say they couldn't find a drink? Ever hear an addict say they can't find a fix.
Look at all the blue laws and no sunday sales. Even stupid people figure out to buy on Saturday for sundays game.
Old 09-06-2013, 3:38 PM

Quote:
Yes, but on your return and having to stop at one of those Agricultural Inspection stations, they'll now be asking if you have any fruit, vegetables, or ammo to declare...