Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > National 2nd Amend. Political & Legal Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

National 2nd Amend. Political & Legal Discussion Discuss national gun rights and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 11-28-2017, 11:24 AM
Veteran Member

Default Funny thing, the 2nd Amendment................SCOTUS.

Folks,

The Second Amendment is a second class right. SCOTUS has made that reality. By refusing to hear gun cases. We can murder thousands of babies every year through abortion. It seems an inalienable right. Many rulings in favor. Soak a 3rd trimester fetus in fluids that burn, then chew it apart with a device then suck it out. But the left never talks about abortion deaths.
Hundreds of thousands die of abortion every year, but I do not hear an outcry from the left. 30,000 gun deaths, mostly by suicide, thats news.
Men can marry other men, women other women, men who dress like women, women who dress like men. These are Constitutionally protected? I never saw Ben Franklin in a dress, George Washington dress in Marthas clothes
. As things continue to erode, and the black robed pin heads continue to deny the 2A its place in the American Law. The reason why the 2A was put into place becomes more and more clear. A2
Old 11-28-2017, 1:15 PM

Sad and true.
Old 11-28-2017, 1:49 PM
I need a LIFE!!

I'm disappointed also. But the question I would ask is "what sort of a decision would we get from this court"?

The makeup of the court hasn't really changed since Heller. It could be presumed weaker on gun rights because the seasoned Scalia was replaced by a less influential Gorsuch. So a victory on an AW or public carry case isn't certain and if so, would it be a lukewarm "total bans are unconstitutional" that allows a state like CA or NY to contrive all sorts of limitations just short of prohibition? Don't we want an absolute victory, one that affirms the right to purchase, possess and own such firearms and further (I hope) a ruling that such creative classifications have no meaning in law?

If a 2018 retiring Kennedy takes us from a 5 - 4 decision losing or best case scenario push in our favor to a solid as heck 6 - 3 aren't we better off?
Old 11-28-2017, 1:57 PM
I need a LIFE!!

TRUTH OP

M. Sage's I have a dream speech;

Quote:
Originally Posted by M. Sage View Post
I dream about the day that the average would-be rapist is afraid to approach a woman who's walking alone at night. I dream of the day when two punks talk each other out of sticking up a liquor store because it's too damn risky.
Old 11-28-2017, 2:25 PM
Calguns Addict

My guess is that the LV shooting pretty much sunk this.

Like dfletcher wrote, better to not push a bad position. If SCOTUS took the case and Kennedy had flipped, that would be it for EBRs and mags.

Better to raise the issue when there are reliable votes.

-- Michael
Old 11-28-2017, 3:08 PM

Our country is sick and getting worse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-28-2017, 3:23 PM

"Elections Have Consequences"
Old 11-28-2017, 3:45 PM

I doubt those banana spined judges will ever rule on this amendment because by doing so they would have to either proclaim it's ORIGINAL intent as still valid in 2017 or declare it obsolete. Does the Spirit of 76 still apply?
Old 11-28-2017, 10:34 PM
Calguns Addict

We need one more Supreme Court Justice on our side, otherwise the outcomes could be uncertain.
Old 11-29-2017, 8:04 AM

Thank goodness Trump put Gorsuch on the panel. If Hillary was president she would be using the supreme court to rewrite our understanding of 2A so that it applies to only to police and military. We would have only been left with bolt action rifles, maybe. Trump has stabilized the Supreme Court for now. With time he may get a couple more conservative appointments in there and then things will be much more in our favor. It's better to wait and have a better chance of having it decided in our favor as long as Trump has the will to stand up against the left and stay in office. They must really make his life miserable.
Old 11-29-2017, 8:38 AM
Calguns Addict

Default We are reaching the critical point

That point is when the citizen starts disobeying the law en mass.

Total government meltdown will be just beyond that horizon.
Old 11-29-2017, 9:25 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Your rights are under interpretation. Which means you really don't have any rights.
Old 11-29-2017, 9:56 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCM16A2 View Post
Folks,
The Second Amendment is a second class right. SCOTUS has made that reality. By refusing to hear gun cases. We can murder thousands of babies every year through abortion. It seems an inalienable right. Many rulings in favor. Soak a 3rd trimester fetus in fluids that burn, then chew it apart with a device then suck it out. But the left never talks about abortion deaths.
Hundreds of thousands die of abortion every year, but I do not hear an outcry from the left. 30,000 gun deaths, mostly by suicide, thats news.
Men can marry other men, women other women, men who dress like women, women who dress like men. These are Constitutionally protected? I never saw Ben Franklin in a dress, George Washington dress in Marthas clothes
. As things continue to erode, and the black robed pin heads continue to deny the 2A its place in the American Law. The reason why the 2A was put into place becomes more and more clear. A2
As much as I want these unconstitutional laws overturned, I don't want the current SCOTUS to rule on any gun cases yet and I'll tell you why...

There are nine justices.

Four are extreme left-wing justices (Ginsburg, Breyer, Sotomayor, Kagan) and will vote against gun-rights.

Three are conservative justices (Thomas, Alito, Gorsuch) and will most likely vote in favor of gun-rights.

Kennedy is a swing vote and Roberts can't be trusted based on his ObamaCare rulings.

So, do you want the current SCOTUS ruling on any of our gun-rights right now?

Ginsburg and Kennedy are the next to retire during the Trump Presidency.

Let's wait until Trump gets his two replacements in for Ginsburg and Kennedy.
Old 11-29-2017, 10:21 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MolonLabe2008 View Post
As much as I want these unconstitutional laws overturned, I don't want the current SCOTUS to rule on any gun cases yet and I'll tell you why...

There are nine justices.

Four are extreme left-wing justices (Ginsburg, Breyer, Sotomayor, Kagan) and will vote against gun-rights.

Three are conservative justices (Thomas, Alito, Gorsuch) and will most likely vote in favor of gun-rights.

Kennedy is a swing vote and Roberts can't be trusted based on his ObamaCare rulings.

So, do you want the current SCOTUS ruling on any of our gun-rights right now?

Ginsburg and Kennedy are the next to retire during the Trump Presidency.

Let's wait until Trump gets his two replacements in for Ginsburg and Kennedy.
You'e on crack if you think RBG is gonna retire under Trump. She will retire under the next democratic President that comes into office 2021.
Old 11-29-2017, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nota33 View Post
You'e on crack if you think RBG is gonna retire under Trump. She will retire under the next democratic President that comes into office 2021.

Keep dreaming

Old 11-29-2017, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.G. View Post
We need one more Supreme Court Justice on our side, otherwise the outcomes could be uncertain.
This. We only returned to the status-quo with Gorsuch replacing Scalia (A good thing!), while the hope is to break the status-quo in our favor by replacing Ginsberg with a pro-2A Justice. You don't invade Russia in winter and you don't take anti-AW laws to SCOTUS with a 5-4 split.

Last edited by HibikiR; 11-29-2017 at 11:17 AM..
Old 11-29-2017, 11:29 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bababoris View Post
Keep dreaming

keep dreaming? about what?

You really think Trump is going to be able to run in 2020 from a PRISON CELL?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...ucted-justice/

RBG is not retiring under TRUMP. Put the crack pipe down son.

https://www.aol.com/article/news/201...crat/23278330/

When democrats retake the white house in 2020 and the senate either next year or in 2020, you better hope Thomas and Alito don't retire in the next few years because they ain't spring chickens age wise.

Last edited by nota33; 11-29-2017 at 11:33 AM..
Old 11-29-2017, 11:35 AM

Your a liberal democratic trash troll who joined the forum on 11/27. Quoting CNN and spewing liberal lies. You’re anti American and certainly anti gun and you can go to hell. Have a good day.

Old 11-29-2017, 11:36 AM
Banned

Quote:
Your a liberal democratic trash troll who joined the forum on 11/27. Quoting CNN and spewing liberal lies. You’re anti American and certainly anti gun and you can go to hell. Have a good day.

You've been reported.
Old 11-29-2017, 11:38 AM

Quote:

I blocked that fool

Old 11-29-2017, 11:40 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
You better hope and pray. But most likely that hag is gonna expire soon, then Free America will get another boost.
Old 11-29-2017, 11:46 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigStiCK View Post
You better hope and pray. But most likely that hag is gonna expire soon, then Free America will get another boost.
The same goes for Thomas and Alito.

https://nypost.com/2017/10/16/ruth-b...-ups-than-you/
Old 11-29-2017, 1:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCM16A2 View Post
Folks,

The 2A isn't viewed as a right in this country anymore. If you think about it, any form of gun control is antithetical to the original purpose of the 2nd. The original purpose was to protect the population's right to be armed as a check against government oppression and to provide for armed revolt against government. So it doesn't make any sense that the very entity which was designed to be kept in check by an armed population is the same entity which controls who has guns and what kind they have. If people want to argue in favor of gun control such as convicted criminals not being able to own guns, licensing to carry, etc., it shouldn't be argued from a 2A point of view. Whether armed revolution is a real possibility or not anymore doesn't really matter. What matters is that the original purpose is completely undermined by gun control.
Old 11-29-2017, 3:08 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
She will retire under the next democratic President that comes into office 2021.
That's impossible when Trump will be President in 2021.
Old 11-29-2017, 3:09 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
keep dreaming? about what?

You really think Trump is going to be able to run in 2020 from a PRISON CELL?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...ucted-justice/

RBG is not retiring under TRUMP. Put the crack pipe down son.

When democrats retake the white house in 2020 and the senate either next year or in 2020, you better hope Thomas and Alito don't retire in the next few years because they ain't spring chickens age wise.
The only person needing to put down the crack pipe is you.

Trump will easily be re-elected.
Old 11-29-2017, 3:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
That's impossible when Trump will be President in 2021.
Not if Mueller has anything to say about it. The new democratic President will be sworn in Jan 2021.
Old 11-29-2017, 3:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
The only person needing to put down the crack pipe is you.

Trump will easily be re-elected.

trump's approval #s are in the 30s and he's under criminal investigation for obstruction of justice. Good luck with that. LOL
Old 11-29-2017, 5:44 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:

trump's approval #s are in the 30s and he's under criminal investigation for obstruction of justice. Good luck with that. LOL
So you have bought in to the fake polls?

Quote:
I dream about the day that the average would-be rapist is afraid to approach a woman who's walking alone at night. I dream of the day when two punks talk each other out of sticking up a liquor store because it's too damn risky.
Old 11-29-2017, 5:46 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
You've been reported.
for calling a spade a spade?

Quote:
Old 11-29-2017, 6:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by colossians323 View Post
So you have bought in to the fake polls?
You keep thinking Trump is popular and is gonna win in 2020. LOL

Mueller might have other ideas.
Old 11-29-2017, 6:46 PM

Quote:
You keep thinking Trump is popular and is gonna win in 2020. LOL

Mueller might have other ideas.

I'm gonna guess you were the same type of person who thought he would never win, let alone secure the nomination. Polls have been showed to be highly inaccurate as well. The people conducting these polls are the same that said he had a 1% chance of winning the election.

Quote:

If you think this isn't more than a witch hunt then you will be sadly mistaken. Under criminal investigation? You mean just like Hillary was the entire election cycle basically? He will walk because he did nothing wrong, and you liberals will have to try and find another straw to grasp at. Enjoy the next 8 years, I know I will.
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. John 15:13

Old 11-29-2017, 6:49 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:

Hillary by a landslide!

Oh! Wait. Never mind.
Old 11-29-2017, 6:51 PM
Calguns Addict

Give it time. A couple more Trump appointments and we may get some 2A relief.
Old 11-29-2017, 7:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colossians323 View Post
for calling a spade a spade?
that's a racist remark. don't you read the news? hahaha

jk
Old 11-29-2017, 7:15 PM

Quote:

HAHAHA. Mueller's investigation is a total charade, there's not even a scintilla of evidence because there was no "Russian Collusion". Even if there was "Russian Collusion", what law do you think was broken? At what point will you admit you were fooled by fake news? Look at all the evidence that was stacked up against Hillary, actual crimes, and she walked.

Regarding re-election, he won in 2016, even with all of the uncertainty surrounding Trump and whether he was truthfully running to try and "fix" the country, or if it was for his own gain. After 4 years of fulfilling his promises, he's going to be rubber-stamped in 2020.
Old 11-29-2017, 7:18 PM

last time i checked collusion wasn't a felony/misdemeanor.. correct me if i'm wrong.
Old 11-29-2017, 10:48 PM
Calguns Addict

Warning: Don't feed the trolls, they are not an endangered species.
Old 12-01-2017, 10:11 AM

ITT: angry disconnected boomers that are as authoritarian as the "liberals" they denigrate.
Old 12-06-2017, 5:33 PM

Isn't this what the 2nd amendment was made for? Over reaching tyrannical government?
Old 12-07-2017, 9:21 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Our only hope is if Roberts, the secret liberal retires early. Otherwise he will not allow gun cases to be heard by the court.

Another "Bush league" mistake to be added to the ruined mid east.