Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Old 06-13-2012, 5:48 PM

Default Placer?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Has anyone renewed in Placer Co. recently
Old 06-15-2012, 2:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lincoln45 View Post
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Has anyone renewed in Placer Co. recently
Is there an issue with renewal?
Old 06-15-2012, 2:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti-Hero View Post
I have heard that the online renewal calendar system showed no appointments as recently as a few weeks or so ago. I might imagine though that by calling you could get it done if the online utility had nothing available. I have heard of a few guys getting called in lately several weeks before their appointment times for new permits.
Old 06-17-2012, 2:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti-Hero View Post
duno but

I understand placer is tightening up on new issues. And I am a bit concerned about renewing assuming nothing has changed from the time of initial issue is there anything to worry about. Do I use my original good cause? Or for a reason for renewal: current permit has/is expiring
Old 06-18-2012, 1:06 AM

Use the same good cause that got you issued. Assuming nothing in your background has changed, I doubt you'll have an issue renewing.
Old 07-12-2012, 1:57 AM

anyone recently receive there approval notice after intial interview? I am wondering what the wait time has been averaging? waiting since the 12th of June

the web site says 30 days .....i assume thats working days?
Old 07-19-2012, 6:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuknBucks View Post
anyone recently receive there approval notice after intial interview? I am wondering what the wait time has been averaging? waiting since the 12th of June

the web site says 30 days .....i assume thats working days?
just got the call to move to Live scan.....5.5 weeks and Live scan in Sept....
probably be Oct when i get my Permit.........
Old 08-06-2012, 6:03 PM

I have read through a number of post, can those of you who have taken classes for the Placer CCW please recommend a good instructor, I a have called several and just don't know who to go with . A few have been rude even and most have been informative. Just look for some feed back on local instructors. Thank you in advance
Old 08-06-2012, 6:41 PM

www.conseale.com Chris Seale. Affordable and friendly
Old 08-06-2012, 6:48 PM

Thanks I will check them out.
Old 08-07-2012, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchbaby View Post
See now... I saw my official law enforcement background check... Even though in 10 years I've had a handful of tickets, only one was readily apparent, and I think it may have been one that was dismissed if it is the one I truly think it was (I don't know how to read a police report, so I am a little unsure)... The only other thing that came up was an incident where I think it was the time I personally called Roseville PD, or at least, that is what it looked like to me. When I mentioned it to the interviewer he seemed to think that might have been the case as well. If there was more to it, he either missed it or didn't have it. He admitted he hadn't read everything in my folder, just what he felt looked to be relevant for the interview. He allowed me to take a look at the pages he was reviewing for myself. Like I say, I am no expert at reading a police report, but I look clean.

So, just for "sayin'... Officially... How am I not above any reproach? Prominent members right here at Calguns have to my face and in person told me they knew "behind-the-scenes" things about why I was denied after they poked around a bit, and think it is regrettable, but they are not in any position to be able to do anything about it. So, again... just for sayin' how does that happen in a county where issuance is otherwise seen as reasonable and easy? The only application I have submitted that I understand to have actually been treated as an application from what I understand was just denied for traffic tickets, so I guess that is what I walk away with. I was told by someone at the SO that one subsequent application wasn't even going to be processed as an application, or something to that effect, and the next one I tried had apparently been swept under the rug for almost 5 months till I called and finally got someone on the phone to tell me something.

I may be moving soon anyway, so I guess at this point all of this is neither here nor there.
Don't feel bad. I had a live scan even before my interview that was clean (no records found), haven't had a traffic ticket in over 10 years, veteran, etc., etc.....and I was not considered "above reproach"? Since we're looking to move to Texas to be closer to family, I've decided not to waste my time with the appeal process.
Old 08-09-2012, 6:37 PM

I had my initial interview on 5/17/12 and received my permit today 8/9/12
Old 08-09-2012, 7:41 PM

How long ago did you get your approval letter?
Old 08-09-2012, 7:59 PM

There is no aproval leter, had initial interview, they called me a week later to schedule my live scan, livescan was in july. They have u sign your permit before u fingerprint for your livescan. Then 4-6 weeks after livescan ur permit comes. In my opinion, if they schedule you forba livescan you are homefree (unless you have a sketchy backround) otherwise they wont schedule a livescan if they already know they are going to deny you, because they cant justify charging you the livescan fee. In my opinion.
Old 08-10-2012, 6:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffnoahd View Post
There is no aproval leter, had initial interview, they called me a week later to schedule my live scan, livescan was in july. They have u sign your permit before u fingerprint for your livescan. Then 4-6 weeks after livescan ur permit comes. In my opinion, if they schedule you forba livescan you are homefree (unless you have a sketchy backround) otherwise they wont schedule a livescan if they already know they are going to deny you, because they cant justify charging you the livescan fee. In my opinion.
this would seem reasonble.........waiting for my Live scan appointment in Sept.
Old 09-03-2012, 7:37 AM

Default Live scan 9/4/12

Live scan tomorrow......anyone heard lately what the wait till issue has been?
Old 09-04-2012, 4:25 PM

Just got done with my interview a week ago, and I received a call today to schedule my appt. for livescan, not till October though.. I was told there that if I got called back for livescan that it was approved and as long as I passed that, it was a done deal!
Old 09-04-2012, 4:27 PM

Oh and by the way the interview was a great experience, the people there were very nice and helped out alot!!!
Old 09-05-2012, 6:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALIFAS View Post
Oh and by the way the interview was a great experience, the people there were very nice and helped out alot!!!
who did your interview?
Old 09-05-2012, 6:53 PM

Quote:
Just got done with my interview a week ago, and I received a call today to schedule my appt. for livescan, not till October though.. I was told there that if I got called back for livescan that it was approved and as long as I passed that, it was a done deal!
wow that was quick! i had to wait the full 30 days before i got the nod.
Did my LS this past Tuesday......todl me 6-8 weeks from then
Old 10-01-2012, 11:55 PM

Default Placer County is months behind

You will need to book an online appointment now to make changes to your CCW permit, or to renew it... NEXT SPRING! There is nothing available before then.
Old 10-16-2012, 8:01 AM

Hey guys just wanted to introduce myself, just spent the last couple days reading through this entire thread and it seems like people are very helpful in here, nice to see!

My background: I'm 22 (turning 23 this month) (not sure if age is held against you in cases like this?) I've lived in Lincoln CA my entire life and I've been running my own marketing consulting business for the last 5 years. I shot my first pistol at 5 years old (my moms Bryco Arms .380) and bought my first .22 on my 18th birthday. I am by no means incredibly knowledgeable when it comes to guns but I can hold my ground. The reason I want my CCW is because my business requires that I meet business owners (who I've only spoken to on the phone) usually at their place of business and usually in some of the more interesting parts of Placer and Sac county. I also dress well for these meetings AND carry over $4k worth of laptops and various other electronic fun stuff. I just recently had a meeting with a Catering company off of Arden and was followed through the parking lot by a very "friendly" homeless man. Me and my girlfriend also go camping and hiking quite often, but from what I've been reading in here that will not really effect anything in the counties opinion. Now my personal belief is you should be allowed to open or concealed carry whatever and whenever but obviously that's not the case SO I'm taking the necessary steps to protect myself.

I was a member of Civil Air Patrol in Auburn CA (not sure if that matters but thought I'd mention it) and my only run in with the law have been:

a 15mph speeding ticket in Texas just over 2 years ago (I was going 80mph in a 65mph zone, first time I've ever seen a "after dark" speed change) (do they even count if they're in another state?)

A minor car crash on HWY 65 about 4 years ago (I'll have to go and check on the exact date). Police were NOT called but it was reported to the insurance and it was my fault.

and probably the worst I was busted going 95mph on HWY 80 between Loomis and Newcastle back when I was 18 (just slightly over 5 years ago).

Thats it.

I'm still not entirely sure of the process yet or how long/how tough Placer County is right now but so far what do you guys think the odds are of me actually getting the green light?

Thanks in advance

"I lock my door to protect criminals from me, not the other way around"
Old 11-07-2012, 5:18 PM

Quote:
wow that was quick! i had to wait the full 30 days before i got the nod.
Did my LS this past Tuesday......todl me 6-8 weeks from then
I did the LS on the 23 of last month and they said 4-6 weeks so just waiting! I interviewed with Senz
Old 11-10-2012, 7:39 AM

Quote:
I did the LS on the 23 of last month and they said 4-6 weeks so just waiting! I interviewed with Senz
Should be any day then.....Congrats!
Old 11-12-2012, 7:39 PM

placer renewals are booked thru April....
Old 11-12-2012, 9:43 PM

Do any city PD's within Placer issue LTCs? Auburn?
It is so nice to drop mags freely even though I do that now with my featureless AR and AK it is not the same as the real thing. Like Coca Cola here in the US compared to Mexico with real sugar not corn syrup!
Old 11-13-2012, 5:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagduf View Post
Do any city PD's within Placer issue LTCs? Auburn?
truckee for residents of truckee
Old 11-16-2012, 5:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lincoln45 View Post
placer renewals are booked thru April....
dont be scared....
Old 11-18-2012, 2:06 PM

Quote:
dont be scared....
Old 12-11-2012, 2:17 PM
CGSSA Associate
CGN Contributor

Bump! Ok, I'm a newbie to the forums, this is my 2nd post. But I will need some time during my busy days to read through even more of these threads. I will be applying for my CCW through Placer County (I'm a resident of Rocklin). Looks like appointments are available starting Late April/May. I'm waiting on my most recent handgun purchase to pass 11 days so I can use that in my application.
Old 12-11-2012, 4:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loopwell View Post
Bump! Ok, I'm a newbie to the forums, this is my 2nd post. But I will need some time during my busy days to read through even more of these threads. I will be applying for my CCW through Placer County (I'm a resident of Rocklin). Looks like appointments are available starting Late April/May. I'm waiting on my most recent handgun purchase to pass 11 days so I can use that in my application.
If you have the serial number, you can just include it on the application. No need to wait.
Old 12-12-2012, 6:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loopwell View Post
get signed up for a class

in lincoln http://www.besthandguntraining.com/
Old 12-12-2012, 8:59 PM
Calguns Addict

Any idea what is considered Grace for Placer County? I believe I have a GC but need to make sure as I don't want to waste my $ and get denied.
2. PW 800B converted to 800C (12 gauge) with lots of accessories and upgrades
3. Hornady 366 (12 gauge)
Old 12-13-2012, 11:50 AM

Good cause in Placer isn't hard to show, they're not very specific. What they care about more is your history. DMV, LE contact, criminal, civil, etc.
Old 12-13-2012, 12:08 PM
Calguns Addict

yep...they seem to take good moral character a little more seriously than good cause. hopefully this will go away after Richards(if we win).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadbolt View Post
watching this state and country operate is like watching a water park burn down. doesn't make sense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obama
Team 6 showed up in choppers, it was so cash. Lit his house with red dots like it had a rash. Navy SEALs dashed inside his house, left their heads spinning...then flew off in the night screaming "Duh, WINNING!"
Old 12-14-2012, 12:04 PM
Calguns Addict

That is good to know. Just waiting to get my carry size handgun before I take my class. I will be scheduling for the interview soon.
Old 12-14-2012, 12:29 PM

As of the beginning of this year, it is not required to have training before applying. This spares those who might get denied from having to pay for training first.
Old 12-14-2012, 12:47 PM
Calguns Addict

Good to know. Thank you. I will still end up doing the course as I am a big fan of "never too much gun training."
Old 12-14-2012, 3:54 PM

Nothing wrong with more training!
Old 12-14-2012, 9:34 PM

I just tried to bring up the online appt. calender so I can renew in Feb. It doesn't come up. Can someone else try and bring it up online? Maybe it's my computer. (wouldn't be the first time!). I guess I'm calling in for an appt.