Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Gunsmithing & How To
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Gunsmithing & How To Pro, Amateur & WECSOG and Tutorials, Guides & OLL Build Instructions

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-10-2012, 6:20 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Default L1A1 build

Just took in a Primo L1A1 kit on trade for labor. Now I need an inch receiver. A good inch receiver. I've seen DS arms and that may be the route I will have to go. Coonan seems like good stuff and less expensive. Imbels are out of the question and the rest is supposed to be junk or near junk.

I don't mind converting a Metric receiver to inch I'd just rather not do it.
I don't plan on having this thing together for at least six month to a year with all the 922R parts I have to source.
I'm going to put IWD furniture on it in english walnut and a featureless build. That would take care of five of the seven compliance part I need to source. So two more parts to go.

Any suggestions on where to find a good receiver and a shop that will DROS one local to the San diego county?
the .308 bug has bit me pretty bad and if I could I'd have this thing together tonight.