Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > FFL's Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

FFL's Forum For open discussion between FFLs and polite questions for FFLs.

Old 12-04-2017, 1:10 PM

Default CA DOJ SIGNAGE AND FSC UPDATE

As some of you are aware Assembly Bill 1525 adds a few items to the agenda short and long term.

(CA DOJ has warned we are in violation if we post the 2019 signs now as they they take effect in 2019 and are incorrect for 2018. The CA DOJ inspectors are aware and enforcing this.)

1) New warning labels for any firearms transferred or sold in CA (DOJ provided) are required after 1.1.2018, order at tics@doj.ca.gov include your CFD number, contact name, contact number, full address and the total number needed planning for a 3-6 month supply. They say they will send a initial supply to each CFD holder by January 1, 2018 so watch your mail closely.

2) FSC instruction manual will be updated after the 1st of the year and will be required and ready for download.

3) The eight large 1" letter signs currently required stay in effect through 2018. As of 1.1.2019, one new sign is required and 3 others are updated.

They are available here:
https://shopnow.rkffl.com/products/2...d-replacements

4) New FSC Acknowledgement Receipt required before FSC Certificate is issued after 1.1.2019

Last edited by arcangelwis; 01-17-2018 at 2:01 PM..
Old 12-04-2017, 4:10 PM
Calguns Addict

Here is a PDF for printing on Tabloid paper of all the required signs effective 2019:

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/a...1&d=1512432594
Attached Files
File Type: pdf ca_doj_signs_new_2019_tabloid.pdf (119.9 KB, 95 views)

Never try to teach a pig to sing. You waste your time and you annoy the pig. - Robert A. Heinlein
Old 12-05-2017, 9:40 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Again, thanks for the info OP and the .pdf Kemasa
Gun transfers 10am-5pm 7 days a week!
We are an NFA firearms dealer!

Follow us on Facebook @acesjewelryandloan Need Cash Fast? Get a loan on your firearms here!
UNTIL YEARS END, OR WE RUN OUT! Spikes Tactical ST15 Receivers $65 each! Zombie, and Spider logos!

Last edited by acespawnshop; 12-05-2017 at 9:42 AM..
Old 12-11-2017, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemasa View Post
Here is a PDF for printing on Tabloid paper of all the required signs effective 2019:

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/a...1&d=1512432594

Thank you for the info
Old 01-14-2018, 5:20 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

so glad i kept the cardboard came with the safe lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Now accepting ammo shipments!
PM or email sales@trgfontana.com
Old 01-15-2018, 10:25 AM

I dare you to plaster them on the ceiling That's about the only room I have left for signage.
Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire. Rbt. Heinlein
Old 01-15-2018, 10:30 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyke8319 View Post
I dare you to plaster them on the ceiling That's about the only room I have left for signage.
I don't recall any requirements other than it has to be posted. The ceiling should be fine :-)

Never try to teach a pig to sing. You waste your time and you annoy the pig. - Robert A. Heinlein
Old 01-15-2018, 12:52 PM

I'll tempted...but I'd probably get a chiropractor bill from my next auditor.
Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire. Rbt. Heinlein
Old 01-15-2018, 4:05 PM
Calguns Addict

Well, you could print it backwards and hand them a mirror.

Old 01-16-2018, 10:56 AM

The mind boggles with possibilities...
Old 01-16-2018, 2:33 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

this has to be i plain view?well i guess at that size the customer could read it from the parking lot

Old 01-17-2018, 1:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by upsdude View Post

Unfortunately, those are the incorrect signs for 2018. The CA DOJ has warned me personally that these are incorrect and multiple violations because the wording is incorrect for 2018.
Old 01-17-2018, 7:19 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcangelwis View Post
Unfortunately, those are the incorrect signs for 2018. The CA DOJ has warned me personally that these are incorrect and multiple violations because the wording is incorrect for 2018.
Really? What is wrong with it since it is from the CA PC.

Posting that it is wrong and not saying why is not really acceptable, but perhaps it is to scare people into buying your signs.

This is not a commercial selling forum.

Old 01-18-2018, 2:22 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

well i guess if kemasa uses it, it should be ok-if not he owes me a soda when we go to prison
Old 01-18-2018, 2:24 PM
Calguns Addict

This forum is for FFLs to help each other. I find it completely unacceptable and unprofessional for arcangelwis to claim that the signs provided are not correct and will result in a violation. Unless he is willing to state why, he should be banned from this forum.

I would also think that if there was a problem that others would notice and mention it, not just the person who is selling signs. I will check on it and if it is found that he is being dishonest, he should be removed from the whole forum in my opinion. Hopefully an admin will notice and do something about it.

Old 01-18-2018, 4:04 PM
Calguns Addict

I compared (using computer, not manually) the text to CA PC 26835 and with the exception of the numbering, which really doesn't matter, it is the same and valid until 2019. They used to go from A to H, now it is 1 to 8. The numbering is NOT quoted and is NOT part of the requirement, but it makes it easier to go through each sign.

So I await an response as to what EXACTLY the claimed issue is.

Old 01-18-2018, 4:21 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
In looking at the photo, it looks like that is the 2019 version, which does not take effect until 2019.

The current 2018 signs are:

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/a...1&d=1516321233
Attached Files
File Type: pdf ca_doj_signs_all_tabloid.pdf (115.8 KB, 2 views)

Old 01-18-2018, 4:51 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

is there any harm using the 19 posters?

Old 01-18-2018, 4:56 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Old 01-18-2018, 4:56 PM

Finally had a chance to get back on Calguns. All I can say is WOW what a furious pounding I have taken for pointing out the obvious. I posted only to help you guys get the correct information. Been off for months and I came back to HELP. tapatalk is hard to post with but I did not want upsman to get them up before correcting.

If Kemasa wants to challenge me on everything I will no longer post. You of course will be in the dark as he only posts after I put up the information on this subject. Kevin

Oh, I have a quote too!

After winning cheers and adoration from the crowd Babe sits down next to Hoggett whom says "That'll do pig, that'll do."
Old 01-18-2018, 5:01 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Finally had a chance to get back on Calguns. All I can say is WOW what a furious pounding I have taken for pointing out the obvious. I posted only to help you guys get the correct information. Been off for months and I came back to HELP. tapatalk is hard to post with but I did not want upsman to get them up before correcting.

If Kemasa wants to challenge me on everything I will no longer post. You of course will be in the dark as he only posts after I put up the information on this subject. Kevin

Oh, I have a quote too!

After winning cheers and adoration from the crowd Babe sits down next to Hoggett whom says "That'll do pig, that'll do."
Can you tell us why the signage he posted is illegal? I just want to know whats missing.
Old 01-18-2018, 5:28 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Finally had a chance to get back on Calguns. All I can say is WOW what a furious pounding I have taken for pointing out the obvious.
Pointing out the obvious? It seems that it is not obvious, but it is obvious that you have refused to explain.

Quote:
I posted only to help you guys get the correct information. Been off for months and I came back to HELP. tapatalk is hard to post with but I did not want upsman to get them up before correcting.
You just posted yesterday, that is not months, and you refuse to explain. It seems like you don't want to be honest, but instead scare people into selling your products.

Quote:
Really? I don't challenge you on everything you post. You are likely upset because I have posted a PDF which means that you might not make sales. I have done that for a long time, not just in regards to you.

You post that there is something wrong and refuse to explain why, even in this post you refuse to say. This forum is not a sales forum, but a FFL forum, which has rules. Are you a FFL?

Old 01-18-2018, 5:37 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by taperxz View Post
Can you tell us why the signage he posted is illegal? I just want to know whats missing.
I suspect that what the issue is that the photo appears to be the signs which take effect in 2019, not the required signs until then. If you look at the photos each sign is numbered, not marked with letters. I only updated the signs to be numbers with the 2019 version and the older version still had the letters (a-h). The current CA PC has changed to numbers, which makes it harder to tell the difference.

He does not want to just say that is the 2019 signs, wrong version, but wants people to think that there is a problem if you don't buy the signs from him. For some people it might be easier to buy the signs, but for others they have the option of printing it. Based on his actions in this thread, I would say that he is not very honest and that would be enough to avoid doing business with him. It is also possible to take the text to a sign shop and have it printed.

There is the issue as to why the government would change the signs and be unhappy if the new signs are posted before the required date, but that is just the nature of government. So it is important to use the correct version.

Old 01-18-2018, 5:39 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
is there any harm using the 19 posters?
Yes, it is not the required signs for today. You know how picky the government can be.

Print the older signs and put it on the other side, then in 2019 flip it over.

Old 01-18-2018, 5:53 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemasa View Post
I suspect that what the issue is that the photo appears to be the signs which take effect in 2019, not the required signs until then. If you look at the photos each sign is numbered, not marked with letters. I only updated the signs to be numbers with the 2019 version and the older version still had the letters (a-h). The current CA PC has changed to numbers, which makes it harder to tell the difference.

He does not want to just say that is the 2019 signs, wrong version, but wants people to think that there is a problem if you don't buy the signs from him. For some people it might be easier to buy the signs, but for others they have the option of printing it. Based on his actions in this thread, I would say that he is not very honest and that would be enough to avoid doing business with him. It is also possible to take the text to a sign shop and have it printed.

There is the issue as to why the government would change the signs and be unhappy if the new signs are posted before the required date, but that is just the nature of government. So it is important to use the correct version.
Understood but he is an expert. I want to hear from the expert as to why what you posted is illegal or not.
Old 01-18-2018, 5:59 PM
Calguns Addict

He is not going to tell you, that seems to be clear.

I am not sure as to why you think that he is an expert (former drip under pressure) though. He is just a seller, not sure whether he is even a FFL or anything else.