Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Competition, Action Shooting And Training.
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Competition, Action Shooting And Training. Competition, Three gun, IPSC, IDPA , and Training discussion here.

Old 05-22-2017, 8:02 AM

Default Defensive Carbine Training Classes in S. CAL

Did any have take a good defensive carbine training class in S. CAL region, preferably in LA, OC and SB counties. If so, could you please share the company and their contact? How was your experience with the training? Thanks.
Old 05-23-2017, 12:27 PM

Lot's of options in SoCal. Here are a few good ones. Each have their own flavor but offer solid instruction.

Falcon Operations at Prado
ITTS at the Angeles Range
TFTT at Burro Canyon
Firearms Training Associates at Raahague's

There's also a good number of the traveling instructors that come through.
Old 05-23-2017, 1:33 PM

My son and I took the General Carbine course at Firearms Training Associates a month ago. My son (18) is relatively new to shooting carbines, while I have trained with them for most of my life. We both had a great time and got some useful information out of it. While there was VERY wide range of experience in the class; combat vets, active duty police officers, competition shooters, new shooters, etc, the instructors managed to have at least a little something for everyone. This was their bottom rung carbine course so it should be expected to start out very basic, which it did.

Personally I was very pleased with it.

"News stories and the truth are a bit like fraternal twins. They are related but only vaguely resemble each other."

"The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich quick theory of life." - Theodore Roosevelt
Old 05-24-2017, 11:21 AM

Rifle Carbine 202 and 303
4 June at Burro Canyon