Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated Centerfire rifles, carbines and other gas operated rifles.

Old 01-18-2013, 10:18 AM

Default So....is everything AR sold out until further notice?

I'm selling some stuff off to buy some AR parts kits and so far it looks like everything is either on perpetual backorder or redonkulously over priced. Any suggestions on finding regular 'ol GI AR parts kits? I don't want any Mall Ninja billet titanium crap, just the basics.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:25 AM
Banned

try the marketplace, but expect to overpay. or just wait it out and hope laws don't change.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:27 AM
Veteran Member

pay double, or wait it out.
Old 01-18-2013, 11:12 AM
Veteran Member

PSA gets certain lpk's and lbk's in stock from time to time, but they go quick. Oh and they seem to creep up in price every time they do come back in stock.
Old 01-18-2013, 4:20 PM
Veteran Member

Lowers... good luck.
Upper parts and barrels try Sota Arms (www.sotaarms.com)
LPK and buffer tubes try M&A Parts Inc (www.mapartsinc.com)
Old 01-18-2013, 5:24 PM
AKA: Joe Censored
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

The high pricing right now is just to cover the cost of the included bottle of KY.
Old 01-18-2013, 6:10 PM

ya as much as i want a scar i aint paying 4K + for one so some things i am gonna wait on, and if i loose out on that particular firearm ohh well.
Old 01-18-2013, 6:11 PM
Calguns Addict

Super frustrating. Bunch of hording whores screwing up the market. I've been waiting a month and a half for a BCG to ship and there is no ETA on when it will. I suspect the shop I bought it from is not filling my order because I bought it before the price hike and he is just selling his stock at a higher price while he can.
Old 01-19-2013, 1:41 PM

Thanks for the leads. I got the lowers already, mainly looking for uppers. If I get anything, I'll share the details.
Old 01-19-2013, 8:14 PM

I'm in the same boat. I bought my lower right before the chaos started and I'm looking everywhere for an upper. Can't find anything under 1k and I'm just not paying that unless it is exactly what I want
Old 01-19-2013, 8:18 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The sarge View Post
I'm in the same boat. I bought my lower right before the chaos started and I'm looking everywhere for an upper. Can't find anything under 1k and I'm just not paying that unless it is exactly what I want
You and me both. Did'ja happen to see a 308 DPMS 20" upper by chance anywhere?

Quote:
Originally Posted by movie zombie View Post
and you guys wonder why women are fed up with bad behavior?!

Last edited by Swagman00; 01-19-2013 at 8:21 PM..
Old 01-19-2013, 8:21 PM
Banned

hate to say it, but if you snooze, you lose. shoulda bought your stuff sooner.
Old 01-19-2013, 8:44 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson_DKMG View Post
hate to say it, but if you snooze, you lose. shoulda bought your stuff sooner.
Yeah, like any of us saw this coming. I just started the DROS paperwork on my lower three days before Newtown and was flat broke. I watched and waited while short on cash till next payday. By the time I had funds to continue, everything both online and local was GONE.

I'm sure others share in the frustration.

Quote:
Old 01-19-2013, 9:50 PM

I've had pretty good luck signing up for notifications from online sellers. Something comes back, they email you, and if you're quick, you're in!
Old 01-19-2013, 9:57 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swagman00 View Post
Yeah, like any of us saw this coming. I just started the DROS paperwork on my lower three days before Newtown and was flat broke. I watched and waited while short on cash till next payday. By the time I had funds to continue, everything both online and local was GONE.

Buying was up, with prices rising and wait times due to backordered items since before the election in November. All newtown did was accelerate the buying into full panic mode. So yeah, we did see it coming.

edit: Also, the two other clues you should have had that things were going to get hard to find would be the 2014 long gun registration(gotta buy 'em now if you don't want 'em registered), and the results of the election with regards to our state legislature.

Last edited by Merc1138; 01-19-2013 at 10:28 PM..
Old 01-19-2013, 10:56 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bug Splat View Post
Super frustrating. Bunch of hording whores screwing up the market. I've been waiting a month and a half for a BCG to ship and there is no ETA on when it will. I suspect the shop I bought it from is not filling my order because I bought it before the price hike and he is just selling his stock at a higher price while he can.
Yeah you getting played cause you bought early. I can see that happening to a lot of people now. Hopefully all this will blow over by spring. This ammo shortage is ticking me off.
Old 01-20-2013, 5:35 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlevans66 View Post
Yeah you getting played cause you bought early. I can see that happening to a lot of people now. Hopefully all this will blow over by spring. This ammo shortage is ticking me off.
I have been honoring a few prices pre-panic. It hurts because it is for local guys and they are getting deals on items I could sell for up to $500 to $1000 more online! However, when you tell someone you are going to do something, it is best to do it and then I can easily sleep at night.

But that is why I don't back order anything and those were anomalies. I don't want to commit to selling something at a ridiculous price months in advance and then have an impatient customer calling me every two days wondering when their product that I have no idea when it is going to get here is going to get here.

And now when I get items in, I can do whatever I want with them, like put them on GunBroker!
Old 01-20-2013, 6:50 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc1138 View Post
Buying was up, with prices rising and wait times due to backordered items since before the election in November. All newtown did was accelerate the buying into full panic mode. So yeah, we did see it coming.

edit: Also, the two other clues you should have had that things were going to get hard to find would be the 2014 long gun registration(gotta buy 'em now if you don't want 'em registered), and the results of the election with regards to our state legislature.
Yes buying was up, but everything was still available at least. Some items were certainly in backorder, but nine times out of ten you could still get something close to what you wanted. Even the long gun registration was over a year away. There was time. Many people including me ran off that schedule and paced themselves. Not everyone can simply drop a grand on a rifle any day of the week.

It's easy to say "Could have, would have, should have." It's easy to buy anything if you have the money. Try living at my pay grade and live off of PBJ for a month just to pay bills. Others share the same. It stinks, but I manage just as much as others do. I take pride that I give to the system and take nothing even though it isn't much.

I'm not trying to get into a contest, but there are people that fall in this category everywhere. The economy still sucks, unemployment is still at 10% around here and people that want to support everything on this website have prior obligations. I can't do much, but I do what I can. I can only change things from here forward.

Now I'm off my soap box. I didn't mean to go OT OP. Try sticking to the gun shows and show up early. Something else I found to work is scouting Ebay under misspelled headers that don't come up in a search. Craigslist may also be another option by using http://www.adhuntr.com/ so it goes nationwide. That's the best I can offer.

Quote:

Last edited by Swagman00; 01-20-2013 at 10:51 AM..
Old 01-20-2013, 7:10 AM

Old 01-20-2013, 8:29 AM

I got luck and bought everything a week after new town
Lower was $50 but still $199
Complete upper minus Bcg $380
Colt Bcg $150
Buffer tube assembly$38
Magpul ctr $55
A.r.m cheaply sights $38
Free float youngs hg $83
I feel very fortunate but have to say it was weeks online searching
Old 01-20-2013, 9:41 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:

Uh? Actually quite a few of us did. Exactly the same thing happened in 2008/2009 when Obama was elected. I made sure I had everything I needed (and more ) before the 2012 election. In fact I'm such a nice person that I bought the "and more" just to share with people like you who didn't prepare! For a price...
Old 01-20-2013, 10:30 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:

we all saw it coming. why do you think I bought loads of RRA and FN parts kits for $60 and am now selling them for $120 +
Old 01-20-2013, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatalKitty View Post
we all saw it coming. why do you think I bought loads of RRA and FN parts kits for $60 and am now selling them for $120 +
Supply and demand is always king but actions like these are making the inflated new prices the new normal. In the end it will hurt us all IMO.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
Old 01-20-2013, 2:19 PM
Veteran Member

I didn't buy them with the intent to gouge. I bought them with the intent to buy more lowers and piece them together.
but when the prices on magazines, ammo, and other items that I regularly buy (not panic buy) started to skyrocket I scrapped my plans to build 10 more lowers and I needed the cash to buy 2 or 3 well put together ARs.

it's just the way that it is right now unfortunately. I am still selling them cheaper than the stores are - I don't have an overhead but I do have to buy a BCG and a few other parts that have near tripled in price in less than a month
Old 01-20-2013, 3:37 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuna quesadilla View Post
Uh? Actually quite a few of us did. Exactly the same thing happened in 2008/2009 when Obama was elected. I made sure I had everything I needed (and more ) before the 2012 election. In fact I'm such a nice person that I bought the "and more" just to share with people like you who didn't prepare! For a price...
I DID say that I had trouble with my current build. I DIDN'T say I wasn't prepped with my existing stock. Three rifles and a thousand rounds is plenty.

I still stand firm that we wouldn't be where we are with a supply shortage if it wasn't for Newtown. All supplies were much easier to get before then. It was the perfect opportunity for certain politicians to pull the lever on their agenda if you look at the brief history:

Dec 14, 2012: The Newtown shooting
Dec 16, 2012: President Obama announced renewed effort with EO's to introduce new gun control. This same week, Joe Leiberman, Lautenberg, Feinstein and Gabby Giffords all pledge renewed efforts to reintroduce an assault weapons ban.
Dec 18, 2012: Yee announces SB 47

If I continue to dig, there was a LOT that happened in the week to two weeks right after sandy hook. THAT was the flip of the switch that sent us into a tailspin. People like me never expected Obama to renew any interest with gun control after his electoral win in 2008. He didn't do anything since then, why would he now? Because the party PUSHED for it. Newtown was the perfect opportunity to move forward. Why talk about the fiscal cliff or budget when you can focus on gun control? It's the perfect fill in for the next three months!

This part is only exacerbating the problem one month later:

Jan 15, 2013: New york's Andrew Cuomo enacts some of the toughest gun laws in the nation.
Jan 16, 2013: Obama outlines and signs the 23 EO's for GC. Massachusetts governor Deval Patrick has announced new gun control measures as well.
Jan 19th, 2013: John Yarmuth, D-Louisville is now co-sponsering legislation to limit firearm magazines to 10 rounds or less.

Now Feinstein and Lautenberg of New Jersey are in cahoots to try and get something through here and for over there. We already have a super-majority of legislators in both houses for California since the beginning of the year. Who knows what they will do. Chances are nothing positive unless contacted relentlessly.

Now the question is if things will get worse or better. I'm hunkering down.

Thanks for the offer on the parts, but I'll pass. I'm sure you can get more money then what I would even consider to provide.

Quote:

Last edited by Swagman00; 01-21-2013 at 6:49 AM..
Old 01-20-2013, 8:37 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:

If I continue to dig, there was a LOT that happened in the week to two weeks right after sandy hook. THAT was the flip of the switch that sent us into a tailspin. People like me never expected Obama to renew any interest with gun control after his electoral win in 2008. He didn't do anything since then, why would he now? Because the party PUSHED for it. Newtown was the perfect opportunity to move forward. Why talk about the fiscal cliff or budget when you can focus on gun control? It's the perfect fill in for the next three months!
Aside from the fact that Obama said he would during one of the debates, and again if you look at the party make up of our state legislature after the election it should have been obvious.

Go read the newspaper more often.
Old 01-21-2013, 1:12 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
1. He said in the debates that he was interested in an assault weapons ban, and

2. He was waiting until he was re-elected for sure in order to push gun control because he knows it's a touchy subject. Now that there has been a mass shooting for the Democrats to gleefully point at while they dance on the graves of the dead children, they can put their plan into action. Obama doesn't have to worry about re-election because he's already in his second term.
Old 01-21-2013, 1:20 AM

i got my M&M ak and my 2,000 rounds of 7.62 the day after obama said "assault weapons ban" during the presidential debate. i made the election my deadline for all my evil purchases. i didnt even want to think about the BS that would ensue after obama gets reelected.
Old 01-21-2013, 1:21 AM

and i dont know why people go to the range nowadays. with the way things are with ammo good luck resupplying your supply unless your a reloader.
Old 01-21-2013, 1:25 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by taiwon View Post
and i dont know why people go to the range nowadays. with the way things are with ammo good luck resupplying your supply unless your a reloader.
I'm a reloader, and finding reloading components for any major caliber is just as bad. Oh what's that you say, you want to buy a pound of Varget to use in your AR or other centerfire rifle? Better pawn your TV so you can afford the prices people are charging.
Old 01-21-2013, 1:31 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
I'm a reloader, and finding reloading components for any major caliber is just as bad. Oh what's that you say, you want to buy a pound of Varget to use in your AR or other centerfire rifle? Better pawn your TV so you can afford the prices people are charging.
Army TM 31-210 improvised munitions handbook comes in handy
Old 01-21-2013, 1:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by taiwon View Post
i got my M&M ak and my 2,000 rounds of 7.62 the day after obama said "assault weapons ban" during the presidential debate. i made the election my deadline for all my evil purchases. i didnt even want to think about the BS that would ensue after obama gets reelected.
Can authorities really make a round illegal (ie .223, 7.62x39)?
Old 01-21-2013, 1:44 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFBA View Post
Can authorities really make a round illegal (ie .223, 7.62x39)?
They can come up with stupid tax stamp requirements for ammo(I believe Tennessee has one), could possibly ban ammo deemed to be a fire hazard(anything with a steel penetrator or bimetal jacket that attracts a magnet), ban internet ammo purchases(they constantly try this), limit the max amount of ammo per purchase(they keep pushing bills for this too), sales tax increases, etc.

Of course the big issue to consider is that with more people buying guns, more people will be buying ammo, ammo may get harder to find(same thing happened in 2008). This is only a surprise for people who decided to ignore history, ignore the election, and those who pay no attention to our state legislature and the bills they try to pass.

Last edited by Merc1138; 01-21-2013 at 1:47 AM..
Old 01-21-2013, 1:57 AM
Guardian of masculinity
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

I was at cal arms by Ontario mills on Saturday they had a AR hanging on the wall. didn't see the price, also had a few RIA 1911 tactical in the case and some other guns as well
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutnfancy
"Preserve your gat"
Old 01-21-2013, 7:33 AM

Quote:
1. He said in the debates that he was interested in an assault weapons ban, and

2. He was waiting until he was re-elected for sure in order to push gun control because he knows it's a touchy subject. Now that there has been a mass shooting for the Democrats to gleefully point at while they dance on the graves of the dead children, they can put their plan into action. Obama doesn't have to worry about re-election because he's already in his second term.
Well, he has blown a lot of hot air in the past...

Last edited by KnuckleDraggin; 01-21-2013 at 7:43 AM..