Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 04-17-2018, 7:04 PM

Default The other reason to split California

It turns out even left-minded folks are advocating for splitting Cali to achieve more equitable Senate and presidential election representation:

The other reason to split up California that nobody is talking about
Old 04-17-2018, 7:09 PM

Hilarious - TFA actually complains about the design features of the senate as if it's a bad thing.
Old 04-17-2018, 10:26 PM

That's the entire purpose of the Senate
Old 04-18-2018, 8:24 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Come on... We all learned about why the Senate works that way in 8th grade...
Old 04-19-2018, 12:11 PM

So Kalifornia lets in as many illegals as they can because they vote whether it is legal or not. Now tripling the amount of senators would be great for them also. I'm glad that most of my life is behind me. I do weep for my grand kids.
Old 04-19-2018, 1:47 PM

NorCal would still be blue (Sac to the Bay Area)
New Cal would be blue (LA and Ventura)
SoCal would be purple

So the D's get 4 more Senators and the number of Reps stays about the same (pop based) and thus would likely still be D's.

There is a much better way to split the state, butt hat does not fit the agenda of the uber rich that can afford to push for it.
Old 04-19-2018, 7:11 PM

Nope, not acceptable.... for reasons stated above.

The bay area and los angeles need to be in the same state.
Old 04-19-2018, 7:29 PM

Personally I would put everything west of I-5 in the same state except for maybe Humbolt county so there is access for the new state consisting of central and eastern California to the ocean. Other than that let the left wingers on the coast live in their own squalor. I would much rather have the farmers and mountain people to those in Los Angeles, San Francisco, and San Diego, and the rest of the coast.
Old 04-19-2018, 8:15 PM
Veteran Member

The proposed split is unacceptable. It would do nothing other than guarantee more Democrat votes.
Old 04-19-2018, 8:20 PM

haha, I plan to split ca as soon as possible which isn't soon enough
Old 04-25-2018, 12:14 PM

Default southern California the new 3rd world state

Might want to look at revenue and social service demands for the new SoCal. Tremendous social services/welfare requirements and revenue mostly from warehouses.State Income taxes from millions living in new SoCal and working in L.A. area go to the new "California". Think crime and problems on the street are bad now , please buckle your seat belts.
Old 04-25-2018, 12:26 PM
Calguns Addict

As someone pointed out, if you look at that map of split California. it's gerrymandered in such a way that it would result in three new Democratic states, giving +4 Democratic senators. They cleverly figured out a map that guarantees none of the new states will have a conservative majority.

I would be totally ok with this, if it's a compromise, in other words, they get something and we get something. What would I want? I would say Puerto Rico independence and cancellation of PR natives' US citizenships would be a great thing to ask for. Removal of 90% of illegal aliens would be great. End of birthright citizenship would be nice. Because adding 4 new permanently Democratic senators is a big deal and we should get some big deals from our side.

Of course the Republicans keep on conceding themselves into non-existence so they'll never think of things like this.

Victoria "Tori" Rose Smith's life mattered.
Old 04-25-2018, 12:45 PM

If the dems keep doing what they are doing there will be no need to break california up as citizens of the USA keep leaving and citizens of mexico keep moving in so lets just make it mexico and mexico north and then we will have 48 senators and it will all work out just fine once we split up the congressmen to the other 49 states. Any other states want to join oregon and washington?
Old 04-25-2018, 1:29 PM

Gee, thanks OP. While I was reading the CNN link you awesomely included a screen sized ad with a very serious looking Anderson Cooper and the headliner message: "Do you want to cut straight to the facts?" popped up. I threw up in my mouth a little.
Old 04-25-2018, 1:30 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Gerrymandering nonsense. Two states, one red and one blue, and I’m good to go. Get three blue states for the price of one? No thanks.
Old 04-25-2018, 1:34 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Similar to “secession” - blue parts want to go their way, but won’t let the red parts secede from the new country. Or, CA wants to ignore federal laws and supremacy, but won’t let red cities ignore CA laws.

How about we secede from CA, or we create 2A sanctuaries contradictory to the CA law? How quickly hypocrisy would show...
Old 04-25-2018, 2:35 PM
Veteran Member

The idiots here can vote for whatever they want (new country, 3 states, etc.) It doesn't happen without some 2/3rds votes in the Congress and Senate and approved by the other states. It will never happen. Let these idiots spend their money on stupid stuff like this instead of gun control, it's all good.
Old 04-25-2018, 3:55 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadside View Post
NorCal would still be blue (Sac to the Bay Area)
New Cal would be blue (LA and Ventura)
SoCal would be purple

So the D's get 4 more Senators and the number of Reps stays about the same (pop based) and thus would likely still be D's.

There is a much better way to split the state, butt hat does not fit the agenda of the uber rich that can afford to push for it.
What, exactly, is a "butt hat"? Is there a map of the new stats that I have not seen?
Old 04-25-2018, 4:20 PM

For those that are wondering about what the voting in each of these states will look like. Check this out. I got this in a email from the State of Jefferson (SOJ) people. They claim that it is from the last presidential election. If true, it doesn't bode will for us. I know that a lot of SOJ people don't like it, because we will still be out voted by the major population areas.

The only saving grace would be if they fashioned each new state's senate after the US model where each county (state in the US model) has it's own senator. But instead of 2 senators from each county, they should have one. Which I think is likely not to happen.

3 state split.jpg

I'm not paranoid, I know they're out to get me.

NRA Life Member
Old 04-25-2018, 4:22 PM

Action and not talk is the only way this state will be split. Democrats have no incentive to split the state up. They want control with the over sized southern welfare population but need the water and natural resources of the north to keep revolution down. Look at your water bill if you live north of San Francisco and Modesto. your bill is going up every billing cycle and that money is not for water but maintenance costs. Your water district has probably moved to Los Angeles and that is where you send you payment now. Everything is being set up to force northern california to give it's water to southern california and make you pay for it. My last bill was $96 for maintenance and $9 for the actual water costs. The same for electric and gas. you will be enslaved by the state to support the southern half. They know people do not have the courage to fight for freedom.

Last edited by big red; 04-25-2018 at 4:24 PM..
Old 04-25-2018, 4:37 PM
Calguns Addict

I'm for splitting Cali in two.
Northern CA, Southern CA divided by the 38th parallel.
Conservative North vs Looney Toon South.
Let the city states eat their own and legislate themselves into oblivion. Tired of the overpopulated city states telling everybody else how to live.

Sent using a long string and 2 Dixie cups
"Find out just what the people will submit to and you have found out the exact amount of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them and these will continue until they are resisted with either words or blows, or with both. The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress."
-- Frederick Douglass --

“I didn’t know I was a slave until I found out I couldn’t do the things I wanted.”
– Frederick Douglass --
Old 04-25-2018, 4:43 PM
I need a LIFE!!

and some want to consolidate the Dakota's for the same reason- reduce senators

Rule 2 -NEVER LET THE MUZZLE COVER ANYTHING YOU ARE NOT PREPARED TO DESTROY (including your hands and legs)

Rule 3 -KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER UNTIL YOUR SIGHTS ARE ON THE TARGET

Rule 4 -BE SURE OF YOUR TARGET AND WHAT IS BEYOND IT
(thanks to Jeff Cooper)
Old 04-25-2018, 4:46 PM
Calguns Addict

That map just makes Northern Ca a liberal strong hold, with SF & Excramento included.

That's BS, I say now way would I go for that..

You can tell that Billionaire is a flaming liberal.

If a Split is to happen, needs to be north of Sacramento or no dice.
Old 04-25-2018, 6:11 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maulerrr View Post
Come on... We all learned about why the Senate works that way in 8th grade...
That presumes we are old enough to have had civics class as a requirement in the 8 grade
Old 04-25-2018, 8:45 PM
Calguns Addict

It seems that it is too convoluted. Some want secession, some want to divide it. Secession is impossible. Dividing would be a resource and tax revenue disaster. They'll get the signatures.. but that's it. Utah tried to form their own country.. Deseret... the USA threatened "genocide".. so it never happened.
Old 04-25-2018, 9:09 PM

A civics class in the eighth grade means us old farts are cropping up again. (LOL) You have to be about 70 to remember an eighth grade civics teacher. It is all about resources namely water, power, and renewable resources such as lumber, minerals and so forth. Southern California has none of that and northern california has most of it. Southern california is a disaster waiting to happen. They can't produce enough power to meet demands, they have too little water, and they have no renewable resources other than trade. When times get tight they have brownouts, water rationing, and can't eat what they produce in manufactured products. farm goods are sold overseas for more money but that does not help. They sell first rate crops only to buy second rate ones from south america. southern california as a business model adn society is a failure and the only way to survive is to take what we have. They have already tried taking or buying water under false pretenses from other states. Jerry Brown's twin tunnels paid for by Los Angeles water districts is just the start and we have no say in the matter according to him. Majority theft and enslavement.
Old 04-25-2018, 11:53 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshill View Post
The idiots here can vote for whatever they want (new country, 3 states, etc.) It doesn't happen without some 2/3rds votes in the Congress and Senate and approved by the other states. It will never happen. Let these idiots spend their money on stupid stuff like this instead of gun control, it's all good.
+1
Old 04-26-2018, 5:29 AM
Banned

Hilarious to see the responses here. True colors are showing. You Jefferson people don’t want better representation, you want a state where your political party wins.
Old 04-26-2018, 8:33 AM
I need a LIFE!!

An odd split (3 or 5 way) is preferred as it will change the senate to an odd number, no more "ties".
Old 04-26-2018, 8:56 AM
Veteran Member

The object of each State Only having two Senators was so states with small population where not steamrolled by States with large population. It’s working exactly as planned. Prior to the the turn of the last century. That’s why the directly elected House if representatives was called “the people’s house”Senators where appointed by the governor which in the current political make up of State Govenors, Republicans would have a much greater majority in the Senate.
The Senate was designed to be a more moderating force in government (6 six year terms) opposed to the house 2 year terms designed to represent more immediate popular sentiment.
Old 04-26-2018, 9:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimi Jah View Post
An odd split (3 or 5 way) is preferred as it will change the senate to an odd number, no more "ties".
I think you need to do the math again. Just saying.
Old 04-26-2018, 10:28 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dano3467 View Post
That map just makes Northern Ca a liberal strong hold, with SF & Excramento included.

That's BS, I say now way would I go for that..

You can tell that Billionaire is a flaming liberal.

If a Split is to happen, needs to be north of Sacramento or no dice.
They should let SF succeed into a City State. Build a wall at its was in its southern border and put check points on the bridges.

Last edited by Blade Gunner; 06-17-2018 at 9:02 AM..
Old 04-26-2018, 11:15 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mshill View Post

Where do you find that a super majority is required? When I read the requirements in The Constitution I do not find that:
Article IV Section 3
1: New States may be admitted by the Congress into this Union; but no new State shall be formed or erected within the Jurisdiction of any other State; nor any State be formed by the Junction of two or more States, or Parts of States, without the Consent of the Legislatures of the States concerned as well as of the Congress.

2: The Congress shall have Power to dispose of and make all needful Rules and Regulations respecting the Territory or other Property belonging to the United States; and nothing in this Constitution shall be so construed as to Prejudice any Claims of the United States, or of any particular State.

Mojave Lever Crew Member

"It is time for us to do what we have been doing and that time is every day. Every day it is time for us to agree that there are things and tools that are available to us to slow this thing down." - Kamala "Heels Up" Harris

Slava Ukraini (Слава Україні)
Old 06-13-2018, 2:03 PM
Norville Iron Bank
CGN Contributor

So Madera county is South with San Diego (conservative). And Mariposa/Merced counties with Bay Area (uber left).
Old 06-13-2018, 2:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darto View Post
So Madera county is South with San Diego (conservative).
SD County is certainly not conservative if you look at election results from the past 10-15 years. At best it could be described as a toss-up.
Old 06-13-2018, 3:26 PM

I’m a yes vote. You can’t think short term about this. You need to vote for anything that disrupts the current status quo in this state. We have to break some glass and no one is going to get exactly what they want but it’s better than what exists today. Vote it down and no breakup plan ever gets on the ballot again.

1. Don’t let the perfect be the enemy of the good (or even the fair)
2. Government closer to the people is always better - you have more influence individually
3. Conservatives as a % of the population is going to go up in So Cal and probably in No Cal.
4. Many people (esp independents) in this state are essentially libertarians, conservative fiscally and liberal socially. They align with dems because of the social pressure. You might find that dynamic changes with smaller states.
5. There are more things to consider than just guns. Smaller states might be able to go with lower taxes.
Old 06-13-2018, 3:32 PM

If the Demorats are supporting it you know it's a bad idea.

There is nothing wrong with California as defined, it's currently controlled by Communists. One way or another that has to change.
Old 06-13-2018, 3:52 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phalanx20mm View Post
If the Demorats are supporting it you know it's a bad idea.

There is nothing wrong with California as defined, it's currently controlled by Communists. One way or another that has to change.
and how do you plan on doing that when they have majority control?

doubtful that you can entice conservatives to move into the state.

and there isn't enough registered voters that are conservative in the state to change the elections state wide, only locally.

so unless you plan on a purge scenario where you wipe out the heavy liberal cities of LA and SF to balance out the voters. this state is lost to the liberals.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalSig1911 View Post
Preppers canceled my order this afternoon because I called them a disgrace... Not ordering from those clowns again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrepperGunShop View Post
Truthfully, we cancelled your order because of your lack of civility and your threats ... What is a problem is when you threaten my customer service team and make demands instead of being civil. Plain and simple just don't be an a**hole (where you told us to shove it).
Old 06-13-2018, 4:24 PM

Break it into as many pieces as possible, besides it will be a lot easier to consolidate as many remaining conservatives into southern CA, than to give up the state as a whole. There are more conservatives trapped behind enemy lines in this state, than three of the neighboring red states.
Old 06-13-2018, 4:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by warbird View Post
A civics class in the eighth grade means us old farts are cropping up again. (LOL) You have to be about 70 to remember an eighth grade civics teacher. It is all about resources namely water, power, and renewable resources such as lumber, minerals and so forth. Southern California has none of that and northern california has most of it. Southern california is a disaster waiting to happen. They can't produce enough power to meet demands, they have too little water, and they have no renewable resources other than trade. When times get tight they have brownouts, water rationing, and can't eat what they produce in manufactured products. farm goods are sold overseas for more money but that does not help. They sell first rate crops only to buy second rate ones from south america. southern california as a business model adn society is a failure and the only way to survive is to take what we have. They have already tried taking or buying water under false pretenses from other states. Jerry Brown's twin tunnels paid for by Los Angeles water districts is just the start and we have no say in the matter according to him. Majority theft and enslavement.
Kern, Tulare, and all the way to Fresno and Medera counties have oil, farmland and water. Also Southern Ca would have at least half of the Sierra watershed which is currently being stolen by LA. Not to mention the renewable energy that they have dumped on us, they can keep the Sucramento river delta aqueduct and the Delta Smelt and we will keep the Owens and Kern Rivers.

Last edited by Rosamond; 06-13-2018 at 4:46 PM..