Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Jobs Wanted Jobs Offered
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Jobs Wanted Jobs Offered Need a job, need a job filled? Help out a fellow Calgunner!

Old 10-31-2013, 6:33 PM
Calguns Addict

Default Security job, overseas

https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/353859800

They're hiring again, with a deadline of Nov. 18. This job is primarily for those who have combat arms, special forces, or military security training and want to work in high tactical threat environments. You'll go to training in the Washington DC area, northern VA, then will get sent off to some place like Tripoli, Sanaa, Tunis, Kabul, Iraq, or Pakistan. This job is for trigger pullers, not for those who want to sit around in DC and accumulate a big fat pension.
Old 10-31-2013, 8:19 PM
Veteran Member

LOL Usajobs.... Giant black hole where your resume disappears. No thanks
Old 10-31-2013, 8:20 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacit Blue View Post
True enough.
Old 11-01-2013, 2:09 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Yeah, people who don't make the cut won't get a courtesy note telling them they aren't being considered. For those who are above the cutoff, they'll be called to an interview in D.C., then given an offer. Anyone who just has the minimum qualifications will likely not make the cutoff, but I thought there might be some here on calguns who have prior military experience.
Old 11-01-2013, 2:42 AM
Veteran Member

Thanks, will pass it on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactuscooler View Post
I have Paramilitary training
Old 11-01-2013, 8:03 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwtt View Post
Yeah, people who don't make the cut won't get a courtesy note telling them they aren't being considered. For those who are above the cutoff, they'll be called to an interview in D.C., then given an offer. Anyone who just has the minimum qualifications will likely not make the cutoff, but I thought there might be some here on calguns who have prior military experience.
That's fine, I'm glad your helping other people. I'm not attacking you. My beef is with the system

I'm just saying after countless applications and claiming disability status, I was still not considered. Usajobs is frankly a waste of federal funding, the fact that you spend hours tailoring your resume for KSA's and keywords is itself a chore.

They don't admit it, but a computer scans your resume for " keywords". You could be a GS12, and applying for a GS5-6 job and you won't noticed unless you play the resume word game.

Last edited by Tacit Blue; 11-01-2013 at 8:05 AM..
Old 11-01-2013, 3:34 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
That's fine, I'm glad your helping other people. I'm not attacking you. My beef is with the system

I'm just saying after countless applications and claiming disability status, I was still not considered. Usajobs is frankly a waste of federal funding, the fact that you spend hours tailoring your resume for KSA's and keywords is itself a chore.

They don't admit it, but a computer scans your resume for " keywords". You could be a GS12, and applying for a GS5-6 job and you won't noticed unless you play the resume word game.
I don't know if other jobs just scan for keywords, but I know for a fact that every application for these positions that meets at least the minimum requirements, which are very low, a hiring person within HR sees the application. Those with complete packages are forwarded to the hiring manager, who I've spoken to about two years ago when this position was first formed. A big problem is people submit incomplete packages and HR just send out an email to the applicant and do nothing after that. If the applicant doesn't see the email because it gets dumped into their spam folder, the application just dies. Whether or not we like it, this system is what Congress has legislated. Another way to get in is as a contractor, which is what I did.