Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 03-21-2013, 6:03 PM
Former cabinetguy
CGN Contributor

I once had a trig Prof. that did some sort of proof showing that Noah and his family were the only ones that survived the flood, using avrage human propigation rates and current world population.

The guy was nutz

Can’t somebody do something?!?!?!?!
Old 03-21-2013, 7:18 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by five.five-six View Post
I once had a trig Prof. that did some sort of proof showing that Noah and his family were the only ones that survived the flood, using avrage human propigation rates and current world population.

The guy was nutz
Actually....study of genetics and DNA, according to science, proved that there was some sort of disaster 70,000 yrs ago that wiped out the human population down to a very small group which survived. So your prof wasn't nuts.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Population_bottleneck

NRA Patron Member
CRPA 5 yr Member

"...which from their verbosity, their endless tautologies, their involutions of case within case, and parenthesis within parenthesis, and their multiplied efforts at certainty by saids and aforesaids, by ors and by ands, to make them more plain, do really render them more perplexed and incomprehensible, not only to common readers, but to lawyers themselves. " - Thomas Jefferson
Old 03-21-2013, 7:33 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by a1c View Post
"Conservative" is too broad a term, you're right to call me out on using it. I was referring to previous posts which denounced academia as being a liberal haven (which is not entirely untrue).
Its Mr Neo Con to you tyvm!

Quote:
I'm obviously not talking about UC. It's not true for UC. But where did I mention UC? That's right - I didn't.

Try to see beyond your own circles once in a while.

Conservatives have the academia they deserve. They are constantly bashing it, and they see it as an unworthy occupation. So few conservatives get into it. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy. You reap what you sow.
Did you just admit liberals have a stranglehold on academia?

But back to the OP, they whine because in their world view all must adhere to their beliefs. Its the progressive mind set and it mystifies them that others can have a different view point.

NRA Patron Member
CRPA 5 yr Member

"...which from their verbosity, their endless tautologies, their involutions of case within case, and parenthesis within parenthesis, and their multiplied efforts at certainty by saids and aforesaids, by ors and by ands, to make them more plain, do really render them more perplexed and incomprehensible, not only to common readers, but to lawyers themselves. " - Thomas Jefferson
Old 03-21-2013, 7:36 PM
CGSSA Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWalt View Post
Did you just admit liberals have a stranglehold on academia?
They certainly dominate. There is no denying it. But again - that's because conservatives look down upon it, and let that near monopoly to liberals. That's why I can't take seriously those who whine about liberal academia brainwashing their children. It's not like many of them are doing something about it by going into academia themselves.
Old 03-21-2013, 7:37 PM
Former cabinetguy
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWalt View Post
Actually....study of genetics and DNA, according to science, proved that there was some sort of disaster 70,000 yrs ago that wiped out the human population down to a very small group which survived. So your prof wasn't nuts.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Population_bottleneck
No, I am well aware of that. But promoting biblical accounts as plausable, in his line of work? That's nuts.

Old 03-21-2013, 7:40 PM
CGSSA Coordinator

Quote:
No, I am well aware of that. But promoting biblical accounts as plausable, in his line of work? That's nuts.
Yup. Not as bad, but once I had a law professor telling us his Nam stories in class. I mean, it was cool, but man, we didn't get much done.
Old 03-21-2013, 7:42 PM

democrats, republics.........theyre all the same......they all work together to gain overall control over our easily manipulated puny little minds.......bush obama, clinton... all same....mind control retards...
Old 03-21-2013, 7:42 PM

dont be naive
Old 03-21-2013, 9:59 PM

Wait, I'm confused. Am I supposed to vote for the lesser of two evils or the evil of two lessers? Is it better to get punched in the left eye or the right?
ps. I have codominate eyes when I shoot

Last edited by adamjay; 03-21-2013 at 10:01 PM.. Reason: Punctuation
Old 03-21-2013, 10:36 PM
Former cabinetguy
CGN Contributor

Vote for whomever does not vote for or introduce gun restriction legislation. See hwo easy that is?

Old 03-21-2013, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
I am tired of all the conservatives that keep putting people like Reagan on a pedestal claiming him to be such a great politician when in reality he hurt California pretty bad. And never mind the fact he took away our gun rights.

Or my favorite is how all the gun laws in California are because of liberals when the majority of them were signed into law by republicans.

Like when they kicked out Davis and brought in Arnold. You replaced a democrat for a republican and we lost more gun rights.

So live with the fact that the republicans have taken away a lot of our gun rights in California. You voted for them!

Thank you for saying this. It boggles my mind how many of us refuse to aknowledge these basic facts.
Old 03-21-2013, 10:53 PM

To those who believe that you should only vote on the one issue that is most important to you, I ask:

Would you vote for Obama if be was pro-gun and the other candidate was not (and other positions remained unchanged)?
Old 03-21-2013, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by byronwrites View Post
To those who believe that you should only vote on the one issue that is most important to you, I ask:

Would you vote for Obama if be was pro-gun and the other candidate was not (and other positions remained unchanged)?
Makeup of the legislative branch not withstanding.....As long as the 2nd remains intact we can secure the rest if need be.

I suggest Federalist #46 if you require further explanation.

There's a copy of it here: http://thedamntrueexperiment.blogspo...-all.html#more
Old 03-22-2013, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamjay View Post
Wait, I'm confused. Am I supposed to vote for the lesser of two evils or the evil of two lessers? Is it better to get punched in the left eye or the right?
ps. I have codominate eyes when I shoot
Quote:
Vote for whomever does not vote for or introduce gun restriction legislation. See hwo easy that is?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damn True View Post
Makeup of the legislative branch not withstanding.....As long as the 2nd remains intact we can secure the rest if need be.

I suggest Federalist #46 if you require further explanation.

There's a copy of it here: http://thedamntrueexperiment.blogspo...-all.html#more
Really? So everything be damned but the 2nd? And how exactly are we currently securing with our intact 2nd what is lost by these 2 parties? There are other important issues, no?

-Abraham Lincoln
Old 03-22-2013, 6:51 AM

Quote:
Really? So everything be damned but the 2nd? And how exactly are we currently securing with our intact 2nd what is lost by these 2 parties? There are other important issues, no?
There are other important issues, but it's ridiculous for a person to assert that he or she is a 2A supporter while, at the same time, voting for a candidate that is a well-known enemy of the 2A.

I'm not sure what others meant about the 2 party system so I'll let them answer that part of your question.
Old 03-22-2013, 7:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QQQ View Post
There are other important issues, but it's ridiculous for a person to assert that he or she is a 2A supporter while, at the same time, voting for a candidate that is a well-known enemy of the 2A.

I'm not sure what others meant about the 2 party system so I'll let them answer that part of your question.
I agree, you can't vote for a person who is an enemy to your beliefs.

-Abraham Lincoln
Old 03-22-2013, 8:02 AM

Quote:
The second amendment is not a "belief." Currently, it is the only enumerated civil right under fire.

It is a shame that a civil right takes second stage to other things like abortion, etc., that, while they don't stand a snowball chance's in hell of changing anytime soon, sure make the voter feel warm and fuzzy about having voted on "beliefs."

Voting for what's right by virtue of priority versus what feels good are two very different things.
Old 03-22-2013, 8:08 AM
Veteran Member

Location: Roseville area, or wherever they pay my confiscatory rates for things only I know how to do (lol)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nopal View Post
... Voting for what's right by virtue of priority versus what feels good are two very different things.
Nicely put, and well-encapsulated.

I don't pretend to be an "authority." I'm just a guy who trains a lot, shoots a lot and has a perspective.

Check the ZombieTactics Channel on YouTube for all sorts of gun-related goodness CLICK HERE
Old 03-22-2013, 8:14 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
The second amendment is not a "belief." Currently, it is the only enumerated civil right under fire.

It is a shame that a civil right takes second stage to other things like abortion, etc., that, while they don't stand a snowball chance's in hell of changing anytime soon, sure make the voter feel warm and fuzzy about having voted on "beliefs."

Voting for what's right by virtue of priority versus what feels good are two very different things.
It's a damned shame that anyone would even feel the need to infer that the RKBA is more important than stopping abortion. Odd how the 2A is not keeping the 3,000+ kids/day from being murdered in the USA.

Abortion is by far the greatest evil this world has ever seen (far worse than ANY war) yet we hear the same song-and-dance "without the 2A there are no other rights." Yeah, yeah, sure.

It's also sad to see people with no hope -- "they don't stand a snowball chance's in hell of changing anytime soon" -- I guess that comes from the same place the 2A apathy and whining comes from...

The "priority" is life and that trumps everything else. Without life there is no need for the RKBA. And no, the RKBA has not guaranteed life to the most vulnerable of our society -- the pre-born.

The right to keep and bear arms comes not from the generosity of the state but from the hand of God.

Last edited by Excelsior; 03-22-2013 at 8:23 AM..
Old 03-22-2013, 8:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelsior View Post
It's a damned shame that anyone would even feel the need to infer that the RKBA is more important than stopping abortion. Odd how the 2A is not keeping the 3,000+ kids/day from being murdered in the USA.

Abortion is by far the greatest evil this world has ever seen (far worse than ANY war) yet we hear the same song-and-dance "without the 2A there are no other rights." Yeah, sure.

It's also sad to see people with no hope -- "they don't stand a snowball chance's in hell of changing anytime soon" -- I guess that comes from the same place the 2A apathy comes from...
I'm not inferring anything. AFAIK, there are no current court cases even challenging abortion at the national level and there haven't been for decades. The RKBA however, has been in constant assault at the state and federal levels. I am not pro-abortion if you must know, but I am a realist, and not very fond of going off-topic.
Old 03-22-2013, 8:46 AM
CGSSA Coordinator

Quote:
I'm not inferring anything. AFAIK, there are no current court cases even challenging abortion at the national level and there haven't been for decades. The RKBA however, has been in constant assault at the state and federal levels. I am not pro-abortion if you must know, but I am a realist, and not very fond of going off-topic.
You're misinformed.

Hodgson v. Minnestota
Planned Parenthood v. Casey
Stenberg v. Carhart
Gonzales v. Carhart
Gonzales v. PPFA

And that's just SCOTUS since the 90s.
Old 03-22-2013, 8:48 AM

Quote:
The reason for that is that Roe v Wade isn't going anywhere. The only way abortion is eliminated is by Constitutional Amendment which doesn't stand a snowballs chance in hell and there isn't a politician living, dead or yet to be born that has the political will to take it on or the political capital to be successful if they did. In short...it ain't changing, ever.

2A however can be all but erased with a stroke of a pen and is currently under attack from every angle, local, state, federal and international.
Old 03-22-2013, 8:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bsandoc40 View Post
Amen, brother. No such thing as a pro-2A Democrat.
This.
Old 03-22-2013, 8:57 AM

Quote:
You're misinformed.

Hodgson v. Minnestota
Planned Parenthood v. Casey
Stenberg v. Carhart
Gonzales v. Carhart
Gonzales v. PPFA

And that's just SCOTUS since the 90s.
Thank you for the correction. Any current cases against abortion? Any chances that Roe vs. Wade could be overturned? If not, my main point still stands.

Any thoughts on the idea that the RKBA is not just a "belief" but a fundamental right that deserves a higher priority of protection that many of the other social concepts that people vote on?

Last edited by Nopal; 03-22-2013 at 9:01 AM..
Old 03-22-2013, 9:00 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by importriders View Post
By your statements if you own a gun you should vote Rep. If only politics were that black and white.
Bull. if you're a gun owner you should vote libertarian.

Come to think of it, if you're not a gun owner you should vote libertarian.
Old 03-22-2013, 9:54 AM

Quote:

I mean my belief that that the constitution and bill of rights should be upheld. I'm not suggesting that civil rights should take second stage. I just think it is overly simplistic to say that whomever supports 2nd amendment rights deserves my vote regardless of other issues. Also, it seems to me that our civil rights are being erosively attacked on many fronts by both parties.

-Abraham Lincoln
Old 03-22-2013, 9:56 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
I didn't bring up abortion...

As someone else pointed out you're not up to speed with regards to ongoing challenges to abortion.

I take strong exception to your opinion: "Voting for what's right by virtue of priority versus what feels good are two very different things." is simply wrong. Life is the #1 priority. Without life, the rest is noise.

The right to keep and bear arms comes not from the generosity of the state but from the hand of God.
Old 03-22-2013, 9:57 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bsandoc40 View Post
Amen, brother. No such thing as a pro-2A Democrat.
Pure horse manure. Damaging horse manure at that.

Old 03-22-2013, 10:00 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damn True View Post
The reason for that is that Roe v Wade isn't going anywhere. The only way abortion is eliminated is by Constitutional Amendment which doesn't stand a snowballs chance in hell and there isn't a politician living, dead or yet to be born that has the political will to take it on or the political capital to be successful if they did. In short...it ain't changing, ever.

2A however can be all but erased with a stroke of a pen and is currently under attack from every angle, local, state, federal and international.
Thank goodness you're wrong about that! Things go in cycles. Slowly but surely the nation is seeing just how evil abortion is. Go Google the numbers...

Old 03-22-2013, 10:00 AM

Quote:
That's, exactly the point of this thread. So called pro-gun dems vote constantly for antigunners bc of gay rights, free money, SS, welfare, or whatever liberal cause. They deem these issues more important than the RTKBA.

The proper response to a anti-gun dem even if they support your other causes is not to vote or to vote for their opposition if he is progun.

If a Republican promised everything I ever wanted and said he was for limiting freedom of speech. I would vote against him.

If you are a so called progun dem, you should do the same against anti-gun dems. If you won't then your nothing but a liar about being pro-gun.

I am a Libertarian minded independent.
Old 03-22-2013, 10:14 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RugerFan777 View Post
That's, exactly the point of this thread. So called pro-gun dems vote constantly for antigunners bc of gay rights, free money, SS, welfare, or whatever liberal cause. They deem these issues more important than the RTKBA.

The proper response to a anti-gun dem even if they support your other causes is not to vote or to vote for their opposition if he is progun.

If a Republican promised everything I ever wanted and said he was for limiting freedom of speech. I would vote against him.

If you are a so called progun dem, you should do the same against anti-gun dems. If you won't then your nothing but a liar about being pro-gun.

I am a Libertarian minded independent.
The "proper response?" So you say! Especially the crap about not voting!

Old 03-22-2013, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Thank goodness you're wrong about that! Things go in cycles. Slowly but surely the nation is seeing just how evil abortion is. Go Google the numbers...
I loathe the practice. But it will NEVER go away. Anyone who thinks otherwise is delusional.

Anyone who votes for someone who is not steadfast in their defense of 2A needs to understand that doing so is a tacit approval of the assault upon 2A.
Old 03-22-2013, 12:54 PM
Former cabinetguy
CGN Contributor

TL;DR

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2

Old 03-22-2013, 1:24 PM

Quote:
I didn't bring up abortion...

As someone else pointed out you're not up to speed with regards to ongoing challenges to abortion.

I take strong exception to your opinion: "Voting for what's right by virtue of priority versus what feels good are two very different things." is simply wrong. Life is the #1 priority. Without life, the rest is noise.
Abortion is a tangent that puts us off topic. I mentioned it as easily as I could've mentioned spending or something else. And seeing as though we're both fundamentally on the same side on both issues (abortion, RKBA), what exactly is this argument about? Are you here to argue for the sake of argument, jumping on tangents that dilute the quality of the discussion?

The main point is: RKBA is a constitutionally enumerated civil right. The only such right under attack in our country today, unlike the many other hot button issues that voters typically vote on, and as such is of paramount importance. Are going to pick a tangential argument on that point, too?
Old 03-22-2013, 1:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwiese View Post
There is truth to this. Our current gunrights debacle in CA is directly traceable to two key items:
- term limits;
- failure of CA GOP to be remotely relevant/winning.

And I'm a hardass 'punch the hippies/hunt the unionist' rightie.

Or is it that gun owners don't care and don't vote.

If we are about 20% of the electorate in California and only about 50% of the eligible voters actually go to the polls then why don't we have a much bigger voice. If we got 90% turn out of gun owners, we could stop the nonsense in this state.
Old 03-22-2013, 1:47 PM

But it is not the only enumerated right under attack.

I agree with you,
"Anyone who votes for someone who is not steadfast in their defense of 2A needs to understand that doing so is a tacit approval of the assault upon 2A."

Furthermore, Anyone who votes for someone who is not steadfast in their defense of ANY PART of the constitution needs to understand that doing so is a tacit approval of the assault upon the constitution.

2A support alone is not enough to deserve a vote.
Honestly, respectfully, I'm not trying to be unduly argumentative, just trying to expand the criteria.

-Abraham Lincoln
Old 03-22-2013, 5:32 PM

Quote:

Honestly, respectfully, I'm not trying to be unduly argumentative, just trying to expand the criteria.
True. Also though anyone who is anti-gun is not deserving of our vote, they must be defeated.

If that means the dem party loses across this nation so be it.
Old 03-22-2013, 8:13 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:

I agree with you,
"Anyone who votes for someone who is not steadfast in their defense of 2A needs to understand that doing so is a tacit approval of the assault upon 2A."

Furthermore, Anyone who votes for someone who is not steadfast in their defense of ANY PART of the constitution needs to understand that doing so is a tacit approval of the assault upon the constitution.

Lets expand their criteria of reasons not to vote strictly for 2A when its needed most.
  1. Kids might lose their breakfast, lunch and dinner money at school.
  2. Kids won't get new text books.
  3. Kids will die in the streets if we don't raise taxes.
  4. Illegal aliens won't get the dream act.
  5. Illegal aliens might lose welfare benefits.
  6. Illegal alien families will be split apart.
  7. Illegal aliens won't be able to have a special "pathway to citizenship" just for them rather than the one already in place.
  8. Illegal aliens might have to pay taxes.
  9. Women will die in the streets from "back alley abortions".
  10. Publicly paid abortions are a right.
  11. Everything I can think of is a right under natural law and the Constitution.
  12. Grandma will be pushed off a cliff.
  13. Marriage between a man and a woman is wrong and should include any number of people. Man/man, woman/woman, father/daughter, brother/brother, mother/daughter, father/son, daughter/daughter, 1 man/2 women, 2 women/1 man, etc. Its about love, not natural child creation.
  14. Men should be able to have babies and once it becomes technological feasible, government should pay for it.
  15. Women should be able to impregnate men.
  16. Tax breaks should be given to all combinations of marriage.
  17. Rights of survivorship should be given to all combinations of marriage.
  18. Natural bloodlines are a hindrance to happiness.
  19. We can't sue clergy and churches for not marrying all different combinations despite the clergy or church not believing in different combinations of marriage.
  20. Churches discriminate based upon belief.
  21. People will not be politically correct unless we force them to be.
  22. Speech codes in colleges might fall by the way side.
  23. Speech codes in public places haven't been fully implemented yet.
  24. I get my feelings hurt when I hear bad things.
  25. I get my feelings hurt because I am excluded.
  26. Non government sponsored self esteem is too hard to find.
  27. Crazy ideas like equal treatment for all individuals despite race might come to fruition.
  28. Special treatment of minorities and women will end if we treat every individual equally.
  29. We love post modern historical views.
  30. Minorities who immigrated after Jim Crow and official government discrimination ended won't be treated as special and not as if they were brutally treated.
  31. Men should change.
  32. Men should accessorize. Does my clothing clash?
  33. Government is a force for good and should be in every ones daily lives. Its nice to know government cares.
  34. Special programs that treat white men as evil might end.
  35. White men who didn't own slaves might be off the hook.
  36. Radical ethnic studies might end.
  37. Wall Street and business make too much money. Every owner of a business is evil and greedy.
  38. Every business has tons of money.
  39. The rich don't pay their fair share.
  40. Only rich democrats are good.
  41. Hard work is hard.
  42. Making my own way is just hard.
  43. I think everyone should have every material goods that are available.
  44. If prices go up or companies lay off workers because minimum wages goes up, I don't know about it and I feel good.
  45. Mega celebrities' $20+ million dollar contracts are fair because they speak for the people.
  46. My world is seen through a rainbow and yours should be too.
  47. Conservatives are just........ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
  48. Conservatives are evil bas****s.
  49. Conservatives are just plain mean!!
  50. We want fish! Forget that darn pole!

Sorry........just a partial list. Does it help? They have many reasons why not to vote for evil conservative/republicans even though they are 2A supporters and their liberal democrats opponents are not.

NRA Patron Member
CRPA 5 yr Member

Last edited by SWalt; 03-22-2013 at 8:24 PM..
Old 03-22-2013, 9:57 PM

Unfortunately, I guess chainsaw's sarcasm is right. You either have to be right (ie correct) by being republican, or you are completely wrong by being a democrat. There is no middle ground. I guess life is only black or white and no gray area. Instead of having more people fighting for gun rights (by having pro-gun democrats), most posters will seem to be happier if ALL democrats are anti-gun (and lazy, love being taxed to death, continually allow illegals to cross the border and stay, etc, etc)...this way you will be proven 100% correct.

I'm assuming me sending emails to our two senators, Boxer and DiFi (whom I did not vote for in the last election) and the 3 Congressional Reps in the three districts that cover San Jose and telling them how unconstitutional the current gun proposals are does not matter to you. I guess you think it is just fake support for gun rights. I'm assuming that you would rather all pro-democrats just stay silent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chainsaw View Post
To begin with, who do you call a democrat? For example, would someone who makes campaign contributions to Diane Feinstein and Barack Obama be a democrat in your book? I'm sure you are tired of those people. I'm tired of some of them too. Let's make them go away, starting at the top.

To increase your comfort level, you can work on making your personal environment free of democrats, by ignoring their existence. You can stop going to shooting ranges, because somewhere between 1/4 and 1/3 of the people who see there are democrats (in most parts of California that's true). As an another example, you can push to have all people who espouse democratic viewpoints removed from internet discussion forums that you frequent, such as this. If you complain long and loud enough, the owners and operators of this forum might figure out which side of the bread is buttered, and shut the democrats out, to keep their paying customers. You can also insult democrats so they either go away under their own power, or take the bait, argue, and get banned. In either case, they are still democrats, but you don't have to be bothered by them any longer.

You can also annoy all the pro-gun democrats until they turn into anti-gun democrats. For example because they slowly learn that most gun owners are narrow-minded and obnoxious. Look, I work in politics, I have good access to people in Sacramento, and I know to get things done around here. I am also a democrat. If the existence of pro-gun democrats annoys you so much, I can help you by working against gun rights instead of for them. Given what you write, I think you will enjoy an anti-gun democrat more than a pro-gun democrat, so that should please you.
Old 03-22-2013, 11:36 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnhrdgr2 View Post
Instead of having more people fighting for gun rights (by having pro-gun democrats), most posters will seem to be happier if ALL democrats are anti-gun.......
For the most part, the words "pro-gun Democrat" have as much practical relevance in reality as "pro-feminist Afghan Muslim". When the ballot hits the desk, Democrats vote for anti-gun politicians.

The proof is in the numbers. Between 2008 and 2012 record numbers of guns and ammo were sold. Yet Obama, a Democrat with a very sketchy anti-2A streak, was re-elected.

As such, what we have are NOT Democrats voting in line with their gun safes, but gun-control supporters who happen to own an AR15 and some other toys. They know better -in some cases-then to come on here and claim open support of politicians who want us and them disarmed, so we get the wishy washy "but Democrats like the 2A TOO" speeches.

Save it for some other putz. I don't care what you say on an internet forum, I care about what you did in the voting booth.

The 1911 may have been in wars for 100 years, but Masetro Bartolomeo Beretta was arming the world 400 years before John Browning was ever a wet dream.