Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 11-24-2013, 8:18 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicki View Post
If we look at other states, the people who made the "final push" for CCW were women.

While we have been focusing in on the sheriffs, the reality is there are many smaller cities with their own police departments.

Some of those cities are conservative enclaves, in other words,....
While what you describe is possible, and may even work, that is a MAJOR undertaking beyond what I have time and energy to donate to the cause. If someone else wants to undertake that, go for it!

I'm trying to do something simple and doable, both for myself & the volunteers and doable because we're NOT trying to get the sheriffs to "lower"/"loosen" their Good Cause (GC) requirements. We're just going to try to make sure everyone who has sufficient GC in those 5 counties (as seen in the GC's of previously approved TYPICAL applicants), knows that CA CCWs are available and direct them to where they can find out more about them (CGN/CGF). Hopefully, those "at risk" people will follow thru and apply. If we can double the number of CCWers in those 5 counties within 2 years (factor in slooow CCW processing in some counties), I'd consider that a success.

230+ examples of CCWs Saving Lives.

KnifeRights.org/images/KRbanner_468x60-1.gif
Old 11-24-2013, 8:25 PM
Calguns Addict

If anyone lives in or regularly drives thru Solano or Napa counties, please contact me if you'd like to help out. So far, no one has.... This is particularly bad since Solano has issued more CCWs (since a CCW policy change in 2009), than ANY other SF Bay Area county.

We could have our greatest success there and in Napa county if someone could help out.

Old 11-24-2013, 10:12 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
Have you gone thru the Alameda Co thread at:
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=352738 ?

It seems like Ahern has opened up the process by putting some info online.

You may want to get in touch w/Wildhawker (Brandon), to see what he has to say, since Gray is no longer involved w/the Sunshine Initiative. Brandon probably has the most recent info. on how Ahern may view your application.

Let me know if you would also be interested in helping out with the project described in my post above (#28).
I've browsed through that thread and I thought I made inquiry through the Sunshine Initiative. How recent was Ahern's update to the application process? AFAIK, Alameda County requires a $1 Million insurance policy. I want more info on the process, should I just contact Brandon? What is the best way to reach him on this matter?
"When you get the (men) to the range, you just get the men. But when you bring the (women) to the range, you get the (whole family). And that's what's going to save our 2nd Amendment."--Dianna Liedorff

"Since self-preservation is the 1st law of nature, we assert the...right to self-defense. The Constitution...clearly affirms the right of every American...to bear arms. And as Americans, we will not give up a single right guaranteed under the Constitution." --Malcolm X
Old 11-25-2013, 2:14 PM

Arrow The anti-gun crowd is mathematically destined to win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post

IIRC, in most Shall Issue states, between 3-5% of the adult population usually gets their CCW. I think getting 5% of CAians (1 out of 20 adults) in "virtual Shall Issue" (vSI) counties issued a CCW would be a worthwhile goal.

To that end, we should make a list of EVERY gun shop, gun club, and gun range in the vSI counties. . . .
Noble impulse.

But we in CA will never turn the anti-gun, anti-ccw tide.

Remember: Our legislature pays itself with our money to enact laws that chip away at our rights.

So we are funding both sides.

We cannot go on doing that forever.

We will run out of money for donations NRA (et al.) and our various special projects long before the anti-gunners run out of the money they extort from us through taxation and fees.

Victory through attrition is mathematically assured to the anti-gunners.

Decl. of Indep., July 4, 1776

NRA Benefactor/Life Member; Lifer: CRPA, GOA, SAF & JPFO

Old 11-25-2013, 3:24 PM
Veteran Member

Battered Gun Owners Syndrome much? Paladin's goals are realistic and at least he's setting goals instead of just singing the chorus of the naysayers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarn_Helm View Post
Noble impulse.

But we in CA will never turn the anti-gun, anti-ccw tide.

Remember: Our legislature pays itself with our money to enact laws that chip away at our rights.

So we are funding both sides.

We cannot go on doing that forever.

We will run out of money for donations NRA (et al.) and our various special projects long before the anti-gunners run out of the money they extort from us through taxation and fees.

Victory through attrition is mathematically assured to the anti-gunners.

"When you get the (men) to the range, you just get the men. But when you bring the (women) to the range, you get the (whole family). And that's what's going to save our 2nd Amendment."--Dianna Liedorff

"Since self-preservation is the 1st law of nature, we assert the...right to self-defense. The Constitution...clearly affirms the right of every American...to bear arms. And as Americans, we will not give up a single right guaranteed under the Constitution." --Malcolm X
Old 11-25-2013, 8:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPSICK View Post
Battered Gun Owners Syndrome much? Paladin's goals are realistic and at least he's setting goals instead of just singing the chorus of the naysayers.
I hope you're both right.

This is one issue about which I would rather be mistaken.

Old 12-08-2013, 6:10 PM
Calguns Addict

I would like to apply for CoCo County. Is there a count of how many have been denied?

The main purpose is to protect one self and possibly others, why else would you want a CCW?

Their ability to deny you because you want to protect yourself is ridiculous.

Chickens

Want to get into Ham Radio? Click here
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=202581

PM me Wouxun 2M radio 4 Sale
Old 12-10-2013, 12:53 PM

Just an intro to Alameda's sheriff BS on ccw......

In order to request a CCW permit, applicants must satisfy all of the requirements of the Policy, including demonstrating that they have "good cause" and are of "good moral character." There is no one specific "good cause" for issuance of a permit, as each applicant's justification is different. Applicants must show evidence that (1) there is a documented, presently existing, clear and present danger to life, or great bodily harm to the applicant and/or his or her spouse, domestic partner, or dependents, (2) the danger of harm is specific to the applicant, or his or her immediate family, and is not generally shared by other similarly situated members of the public, (3) existing law enforcement resources cannot adequately address the danger of harm, (4) the danger of harm cannot reasonably be avoided by alternative measures, and (5) licensing the applicant to carry a concealed weapon is likely to significantly reduce the danger of harm.

In order to ensure these standards are met, the Alameda County Sheriff's Office has established a background process that is designed to obtain thorough, complete and truthful information about applicants. At some point during your application process, an investigator from the Internal Affairs/CCW Permits Unit will contact you to obtain information. It is possible that the investigator handling your request may also contact your references, family, co-workers and persons that the investigator believes will be able to provide the Sheriff's Office with information to determine your suitability to carry a concealed weapon. The investigator may inform the people contacted that you are applying for a CCW permit, and ask for their opinion regarding your qualification to receive a CCW permit.
Old 12-15-2013, 9:25 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Best sale View Post
Just an intro to Alameda's sheriff BS on ccw......

In order to request a CCW permit, applicants must satisfy all of the requirements of the Policy, including demonstrating that they have "good cause" and are of "good moral character." There is no one specific "good cause" for issuance of a permit, as each applicant's justification is different. Applicants must show evidence that (1) there is a documented, presently existing, clear and present danger to life, or great bodily harm to the applicant and/or his or her spouse, domestic partner, or dependents, (2) the danger of harm is specific to the applicant, or his or her immediate family, and is not generally shared by other similarly situated members of the public, (3) existing law enforcement resources cannot adequately address the danger of harm, (4) the danger of harm cannot reasonably be avoided by alternative measures, and (5) licensing the applicant to carry a concealed weapon is likely to significantly reduce the danger of harm.
This is just an expansion of the old AG's opinion from back in 1977:
http://californiaconcealedcarry.com/...g_opinion.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Best sale View Post
In order to ensure these standards are met, the Alameda County Sheriff's Office has established a background process that is designed to obtain thorough, complete and truthful information about applicants. At some point during your application process, an investigator from the Internal Affairs/CCW Permits Unit will contact you to obtain information. It is possible that the investigator handling your request may also contact your references, family, co-workers and persons that the investigator believes will be able to provide the Sheriff's Office with information to determine your suitability to carry a concealed weapon. The investigator may inform the people contacted that you are applying for a CCW permit, and ask for their opinion regarding your qualification to receive a CCW permit.
"If you apply, we're going to tell your family, friends, and employer that you're a gun nut who wants to carry his guns around with him." That's right up there with "we're going to tell your mommie!"

Don't worry about Ahern, CGF's got him on their radar....

If Richards-Peruta is decided by CA9 in our favor, things might start moving ahead in counties other than just Yolo and San Diego.

You may want to watch this thread for updates on CCW cases pushing for Shall Issue:
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=812950

Last edited by Paladin; 12-15-2013 at 9:33 PM..
Old 12-17-2013, 7:30 PM

I've been denied once, in San Jose, after taking my time, effort, and money. I am disinclined to try my luck again in Contra Costa just for the sake of it in a 'throw enough spaghetti against the wall and hope some stick' plan.
Old 12-17-2013, 7:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic Moran View Post
I've been denied once, in San Jose, after taking my time, effort, and money. I am disinclined to try my luck again in Contra Costa just for the sake of it in a 'throw enough spaghetti against the wall and hope some stick' plan.
A deputy, who shall remain anonymous, once told me his dept. kept a "reject file."

No one in the reject file will EVER get a CCW in CA, unless and until the law is changed--that's my guess.

Old 01-14-2014, 7:16 AM

I've always thought Pharmacists and certain medical reps should also qualify for CCW?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk