Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Old 08-22-2017, 8:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtrick View Post
Most folks get a response within a day. In June, mine took a week to hear back.
Great, thanks for the quick reply.

EDIT: Received my notification today that its approved and I made my final payment, just 2 days after final document uploads.

Last edited by rcsting; 08-22-2017 at 3:43 PM..
Old 08-23-2017, 2:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcsting View Post
Great, thanks for the quick reply.

EDIT: Received my notification today that its approved and I made my final payment, just 2 days after final document uploads.
Now I'm getting worried after seeing how fast others are getting their approvals. Final docs were submitted 8/14 and I have not heard anything back. On 8/14 I sent CCW training cert docs and updated residency. Suppose I will try and e-mail Amber.

Old 08-23-2017, 3:24 PM

D'OH!

TL/DR: Submitted wrong copy of DD214, Received and sent said form minutes after Appt was cancelled, tried to go to appt anyway, denied. 8/23/17 appt rescheduled to 1/24/18.

5/3/2017: Submitted Application Online. Appt scheduled for 8/23

8/14/2017: YOUR CCW APPLICATION HAS BEEN PENDED. YOU MUST SUBMIT A COPY OF YOUR DD214. PLEASE UPLOAD THIS TO YOUR PERMITIUM FILE. IF IT IS NOT RECEIVED AT LEAST 3 DAYS PRIOR TO YOUR APPOINTMENT, YOUR APPOINTMENT WILL BE CANCELED.

8/15/2017: Uploaded DD214

8/22/2017: THE PAGE YOU SCANNED OF YOUR DD-214 DOES NOT REFLECT THE TYPE OF DISCHARGE YOU RECEIVED. *PLEASE SCAN AND UPLOAD THE COPY THAT DOES. *IF YOU FAIL TO DO SO PRIOR TO 4:00 P.M. TODAY, YOUR APPOINTMENT WILL BE CANCELLED. *PLEASE SCAN AND UPLOAD THE REQUIRED DOCUMENT.
Scramble for correct copy of DD214. Nowhere to be found. Attach Honorable Discharge Certificate and Reserve Orders that indicate same. Also requested DD214 from ebenfits, old employer, college.

8/23/2017, 11:59AM: Thank you for submitting the documents regarding your service. *We need the official DD-214 stating the type of discharge. *Unfortunately your appointment has been canceled. *Please reschedule. *Thank you.

8/23/2017, 12:19PM: Your request for Official Military Personnel File (OMPF) Information has been processed and retrieved images or exception status is now available for viewing in DPRIS at the eBenefits portal. You can access your OMPF information by logging into the eBenefits Portal at*http://www.ebenefits.va.gov

8/23/2017, 12:20PM: Upload correct DD214, reply to email, call, leave message and email Amber asking if there is any way to keep Appt.

8/23/2017, 2:00PM: No reply, leave office for 3:00 PM Appt hoping I can keep it.

8/23/2017, 2:40PM: Arrive at Sheriff's Department. Explain situation and ask if I can keep Appt. Denied. Next available appointment: 1/24/2018

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Old 08-25-2017, 11:34 AM

Can anyone tell me if this means my livescan is approved, or if they're just acknowledging that I uploaded the livescan form? I uploaded the scan of the form on a Friday and got this e-mail on the following Monday. Should I sign up for training already?

Quote:
Your application for a concealed handgun permit cannot be approved without additional information. You can upload requested documents using the Order Tracker

This request is routine.

MR. IXCC-- we received the Live Scan form but still need you to scan and upload two new proofs of residency and your training and qualification documents.

Once we receive the above-requested information, we will resume with the processing of your application.
Old 08-25-2017, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IXCC View Post
Can anyone tell me if this means my livescan is approved, or if they're just acknowledging that I uploaded the livescan form? I uploaded the scan of the form on a Friday and got this e-mail on the following Monday. Should I sign up for training already?
Take your training, and upload, then you will receive an email to pick up.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 08-25-2017, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IXCC View Post
Can anyone tell me if this means my livescan is approved
It means that your doj record didn't show anything negative.
I believe that sac county has already approved you. So in other words, you are getting your ccw.
Take your class if you haven't already.

Can i ask you a question. How long has it been? How long did it take to get your first appointment, how long after that did it take for them to approve you and the notice to have the livescan?

I had my appointment in late Jan, got my approval notice in early August, had livescan 2 weeks ago Monday, was officially approved that Friday, and been waiting to get an email to go and pick up the actual permit

It's just a clever handle
Old 08-25-2017, 2:47 PM

Thanks everyone for the feedback. I'm going to sign up for a class. Here's my timeline:

Application submitted: 1/7/17
Interview appointment: 2/6/17
Did LiveScan and uploaded scanned form: 7/28/17
E-mail saying they received livescan form and to upload POR and training certs: 7/31/17

Quote:
we received the Live Scan form but still need you to scan and upload two new proofs of residency and your training and qualification documents.
They initially told me to wait for a go ahead before doing livescan, but I never got anything. After I saw some chatter in here, I decided to just do it. Since I got that e-mail so quickly, I didn't think it was the actual LiveScan results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadyatBest View Post
Can i ask you a question. How long has it been? How long did it take to get your first appointment, how long after that did it take for them to approve you and the notice to have the livescan?
Old 08-25-2017, 3:51 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Can i ask you a question. (1)How long has it been?(2) How long did it take to get your first appointment, (3)how long after that did it take for them to approve you and (4)the notice to have the livescan?
Hmmm...

Old 08-25-2017, 6:30 PM
Veteran Member

Sheriff Jones has sent out a departmental memo that he will not seek another term as Sheriff of Sacramento County.

http://www.kcra.com/article/sacramen...-term/12098491
Old 08-25-2017, 6:30 PM
Veteran Member

Sheriff Jones has sent out a departmental memo that he will not seek another term as Sheriff of Sacramento County.

Old 08-25-2017, 7:06 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapperforward View Post

Not really a shock, and filling his term means the county sups don't get to exercise additional stupidity in picking a replacement. We now need to commit to mobilizing to elect the right person, and keep Steinberg's cabal at bay.
Old 08-25-2017, 7:08 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvrjon View Post
Not really a shock, and filling his term means the county sups don't get to exercise additional stupidity in picking a replacement. We now need to commit to mobilizing to elect the right person, and keep Steinberg's cabal at bay.
Any info on front runners we can support?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
Old 08-26-2017, 9:53 AM
Veteran Member

Default Sacramento *** TIME TO APPLY!!! ***

I profess absolutely no knowledge on specifically how to successfully complete the particularly strenuous upstream swim of electing a new Sheriff who is strongly committed to continuing with the GC requirement as it currently stands, but I do know how NOT to do it. Anything that feeds The Bee's efforts to portray LTCers as uptight, fearful, hateful, middle aged white guys in search of steel and polymer penile extensions should be avoided. Yet I can predict that we'll see the same type of letters to the editor from LTCers and gun owners in general as always, feeding right into the "cabal's" strategy. Channel 3 or whoever will go to one of the ranges and ask people on camera, and we'll get the same kind of stuff. They succeed in painting with this broad brush with very little effort required in part because it's usually handed to 'em on a silver platter.

Before I'm asked about what type of responses SHOULD be given, what letter writers SHOULD write, let me ask:
Do you really not know? I'll bet you do. If not, you can figure it out if you keep in mind that most of the voters have neither an extreme pro or anti-gun attitude. Of those, some can be swayed, but not likely by: "What part of shall not be infringed don't you get?" or: "The founding fathers this that et cetera," or: "Gangs/face-punch game" (or whatever the he|| that virtually nonexistent threat is called).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited by Old_Bald_Guy; 08-26-2017 at 9:55 AM..
Old 08-26-2017, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Bald_Guy View Post
I profess absolutely no knowledge on specifically how to successfully complete the particularly strenuous upstream swim of electing a new Sheriff who is strongly committed to continuing with the GC requirement as it currently stands, but I do know how NOT to do it. Anything that feeds The Bee's efforts to portray LTCers as uptight, fearful, hateful, middle aged white guys in search of steel and polymer penile extensions should be avoided. Yet I can predict that we'll see the same type of letters to the editor from LTCers and gun owners in general as always, feeding right into the "cabal's" strategy. Channel 3 or whoever will go to one of the ranges and ask people on camera, and we'll get the same kind of stuff. They succeed in painting with this broad brush with very little effort required in part because it's usually handed to 'em on a silver platter.

Before I'm asked about what type of responses SHOULD be given, what letter writers SHOULD write, let me ask:
Do you really not know? I'll bet you do. If not, you can figure it out if you keep in mind that most of the voters have neither an extreme pro or anti-gun attitude. Of those, some can be swayed, but not likely by: "What part of shall not be infringed don't you get?" or: "The founding fathers this that et cetera," or: "Gangs/face-punch game" (or whatever the he|| that virtually nonexistent threat is called).

F the Bee

In this modern era we don't need that rag

What we need is for Jones (and McGuinness) to help articulate what the issues are.

Steinberg is a Marxist POS.

What we NEED to do is pony up the $$$ to show the stats in Sac County. Those studies will show that LTC policy (which was originally liberalized when a lesbian couldn't get a LTC - and God forbid - McGuinness decided all non-prohibited folks had to be able to CCW) has NOT resulted in blood in the streets. We are all collectively going to need to demand accountability from our Sups on ALL of the County dysfunction. (there's a ton). I'm disappointed in Jones' decision - but I understand it.
Old 08-27-2017, 4:02 PM
Veteran Member

Default Sacramento *** TIME TO APPLY!!! ***

McGuinness didn't exactly make that decision completely voluntarily, if I recall correctly. At any rate, articulating the issues connected to LTC may or may not affect it one way or the other. McGuinness's audience (he's still on KFBK, right?) likely doesn't have many fence-sitters on this issue, and Jones is hardly going to call a press conference to talk about LTC.

As for The Bee, it will influence this election significantly. And while I strongly dislike Steinberg (and the other two members of the cabal, Serna and McCarty), calling him a "Marxist POS" is half-right, anyway.

Any persuading of the public that LTC is important and that the stereotype doesn't apply to everyone will need to be done by people who don't fit the stereotype.

Old 08-28-2017, 8:55 AM

Default New handgun during application waiting period

I purchased a new handgun after I initiated the CCW application process. What is the process to get that new handgun on my CCW? I have not yet submitted my final paperwork for the CCW, and I did qual on the handgun during my class.

2/6 - Permit application submitted
2/15 - Initial interview
4/6 - LiveScan performed
4/15 - New handgun
7/31 - received approval email
8/26,27 - 16 hour CCW class, qual'd on new handgun

Do I need to update my application form in the system, or just submit my training documents that show I qual'd on the new handgun?

I've only got one other handgun on the application, so my total will be two.

Thanks!
Old 08-28-2017, 9:05 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthawk43 View Post
I purchased a new handgun after I initiated the CCW application process. What is the process to get that new handgun on my CCW? I have not yet submitted my final paperwork for the CCW, and I did qual on the handgun during my class.

Do I need to update my application form in the system, or just submit my training documents that show I qual'd on the new handgun?

I've only got one other handgun on the application, so my total will be two.

Thanks!
Submit all training certs. Anything certified (up to 3 guns) will go on the license.
Old 08-28-2017, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Submit all training certs. Anything certified (up to 3 guns) will go on the license.
Thanks, that's easy. That's what surprises me; based on the difficulty of the getting through the whole process this year, I was expecting this to also be difficult. I'm glad it's so simple!
Old 08-28-2017, 4:09 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Thanks, that's easy. That's what surprises me; based on the difficulty of the getting through the whole process this year, I was expecting this to also be difficult. I'm glad it's so simple!
It is a difficult, expensive, drawn out time consuming process that is designed to discourage you from applying and following through. In most states you just fill out an application, pay a small fee and within 30 days you receive your license.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

The Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms. -- Samuel Adams, Debates and Proceedings in the Convention of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, 86-87 (Pearce and Hale, eds., Boston, 1850)
Old 08-28-2017, 4:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDay View Post
It is a difficult, expensive, drawn out time consuming process that is designed to discourage you from applying and following through. In most states you just fill out an application, pay a small fee and within 30 days you receive your license.
Amen to that. In my 16 hour (!!) Sac County CCW class, we got the cert and the fingerprints to get the AZ CCW. I don't even live there, but all I have to do is fill out a form, send the cert along with some fingerprints and $60, and in about a month I'll get CCW for AZ which will cover about 34 other states. That's how it should be!
Old 08-28-2017, 6:58 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
It only becomes "simple" when it's done.
Old 08-28-2017, 7:51 PM

Got my email to pick my ccw up this morning. Headed over first thing tomorrow

Old 08-28-2017, 9:50 PM

Congratulations Shady.
Old 08-29-2017, 9:54 AM

Quote:
Got my email to pick my ccw up this morning. Headed over first thing tomorrow
Great! How long was it from uploading final docs to getting the email for pickup? I think I saw that is running about a week? I'm very curious because I uploaded my final docs (training cert and updated proof of residency) yesterday.
Old 08-29-2017, 9:56 AM

Quote:
Great! How long was it from uploading final docs to getting the email for pickup? I think I saw that is running about a week? I'm very curious because I uploaded my final docs (training cert and updated proof of residency) yesterday.

I uploaded my final docs and paid yesterday as well. Just received the email that my permit is ready to be picked up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-29-2017, 10:08 AM

It took me 2 weeks and a few days. I originally applied in January. I think it's a lot faster now. Assuming you applied in the past 3 months

Old 08-29-2017, 11:11 AM

I applied yesterday and have an appointment 1/31/2018.

I have two questions:
1) Can I take the 16hr CCW training prior to my appointment?
2) My wife would like to also apply, but we only have my S&W M&P40 Shield which she would not like. Can we add handguns purchased between now and the appointment date? I'd like to pick up a S&W M&P9 Shield then have both handguns on both applications.

I heard about the Sheriff and that was my last push to get my application in.
Old 08-29-2017, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pogitalonx View Post
I uploaded my final docs and paid yesterday as well. Just received the email that my permit is ready to be picked up.

My email requesting the final docs (training and proof of residency) did not request any more payment. What is that last payment for? Should I be worried that my application will now sit in the queue waiting for some final payment that was never requested? (yeah, I'm really paranoid about the process now...)
Old 08-29-2017, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Took my class last weekend and qualified for 3 Firearms also on Sunday.

Sunday evening I loaded up my Sac Sheriff and training class certs/docs... and I reloaded my livescan paperwork, and 2 current bills of residency just to make sure all is updated.

Yesterday morning at 8:30am I got an email saying my permit is issued. Then 10 min later I got an email requesting final CCW payment.

Yesterday at 2:00pm I get an email saying my CCW permit is ready for pick up.

This morning I picked up my CCW permit.
Old 08-29-2017, 1:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoJohn View Post

I have two questions:
2) My wife would like to also apply, but we only have my S&W M&P40 Shield which she would not like. Can we add handguns purchased between now and the appointment date? I'd like to pick up a S&W M&P9 Shield then have both handguns on both applications.

Yes you can take the class, yes on the guns. But you should buy the guns and have them during your ccw class. You need to qualify with which ever guns you plan on having on your ccw.
You have plenty of time to take the class. The class cert is not needed until after you have been approved.

Docs you need to finalize your ccw are the 16 hour class, livescan finger prints which are done at the sheriff's department, and a form from the sac sheriff that the ccw instructor signs which shows which guns you qualified with. And of course, the doj california ccw app. Which, i believe, is the same form for each county in ca.

You mighty as well get your utah ccw, and you should get your wife a shield from ammo depot in rancho Cordova. They sell them for 389, and s&w has a 75$ mail in rebate right now.

I think all my ccw info is correct

Last edited by ShadyatBest; 08-29-2017 at 6:29 PM..
Old 08-29-2017, 6:38 PM

Quote:
My email requesting the final docs (training and proof of residency) did not request any more payment. What is that last payment for? Should I be worried that my application will now sit in the queue waiting for some final payment that was never requested? (yeah, I'm really paranoid about the process now...)
You will get a final 'your approved' email once all your paperwork and livescan is approved. You are pretty much approved once you get the livescan email.
If you fail livescan, then you probably shouldn't have applied for a ccw in the first place. Basically saying that, you knew that you had a criminal record, why did you waste your time and money applying.

The final fee is the permit fee. It's $80 plus $2.50 credit card fee, or something like that.

The total fees as i remember.
16 hour ccw class $$$?
$20 (maybe a few bucks more) fee for your interview with deputy

$230ish? Now i forget exactly how much for livescan, finger prints. Wait to do this if you think you might not get approved.

$82.50 for actual paper permit

Old 08-29-2017, 7:12 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Did you read this? https://sacramentoca.permitium.com/ccw/start
Quote:
Pricing
The administrative cost for a New Concealed Weapon Permit is $100.00. An applicant will pay a non-refundable $20 application fee, and if approved, be asked to pay an additional $80 prior to receiving their Concealed Weapon Permit. During the processing of your application, you will be asked to complete the DOJ LiveScan Fingerprinting. This costs $130 ($93 DOJ fee + $37 Sheriff's Office rolling fee).

Last edited by Dvrjon; 08-29-2017 at 7:21 PM..
Old 08-30-2017, 8:02 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
$330 + cost of classes + cost of qualifying with each handgun you want to carry! And a 9+ month wait. All this to exercise a Constitutional right.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

The Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms. -- Samuel Adams, Debates and Proceedings in the Convention of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, 86-87 (Pearce and Hale, eds., Boston, 1850)
Old 08-30-2017, 8:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoJohn View Post

I have two questions:

EJ.
Answer is Yes to the class as Shady said. Be aware that the class cert is good for 6 months. I had to get a re-cert when my training expired prior to final approval. If initial appointment dates are long ways out, may want to delay the training.
Old 08-30-2017, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Yes, but it was 7 months ago, so I forgot.

I uploaded my final docs Monday morning
Received the request for final payment Tuesday afternoon
Got the message an hour later saying: "Your permit is ready for pick-up!"

That went pretty fast! I missed the Tuesday pickup window so now I'll get it sometime Thursday.
Old 08-30-2017, 2:07 PM

Can someone PM me Ambers Email? I thought that i had it but it may not be the right one.

Thanks,,

Seen on a LGS Wall.
Without the Second, there would be No First!!
Old 08-30-2017, 2:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&PMarine View Post
Can someone PM me Ambers Email? I thought that i had it but it may not be the right one.

Thanks,,
Sent

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Old 08-30-2017, 2:33 PM

Scott Jones just announced he's not running again. Fortunately, my permit expires/renews right before the next Sheriff election - so unless the new person decides to revoke them, I should be good until 2020.
Old 08-30-2017, 4:29 PM

Someone probably already answer this question but approximately how long does it take for the live scan to get approve?
Old 08-30-2017, 4:30 PM

Someone probably already answer this question but approximately how long does it take for the live scan to get approve?