Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Old 01-26-2017, 3:56 PM

Yes, I submitted everything online. The email confirmation I got said to bring a copy of the application packet, two copies of proof of residency, and a letter stating why I wanted a CCW. I brought them but none of them were needed.
Old 01-26-2017, 4:55 PM

Anyone in the know have word on when the ID card system might be up and running?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-26-2017, 10:46 PM

New system is up and running! I just submitted my modification online. I guess i'll wait and see if we can modify permits right now. Everything went through though!
Old 01-27-2017, 7:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElDub1950 View Post
Would you mind posting the date of that email? It would help as this thread ages. If the email included any expected dates, that would be great to know also. I have 2 Sac friends currently needing to do a mod.
I think it was the same day as my post, so current status. I think there are some problems with the new system, but am confident they will figure something out.
Old 01-27-2017, 7:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_angeles View Post
New system is up and running! I just submitted my modification online. I guess i'll wait and see if we can modify permits right now. Everything went through though!
Keep us updated, please!
Old 01-27-2017, 9:16 AM

Just a quick status update - I submitted my mod package to add a gun on 1/19. (I also like the idea of having a new card instead of the huge laminated paper one) It is still on "assigning to processor shortly" - this is day 8 in that status.
Old 01-27-2017, 9:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvrjon View Post
Yes. I submitted on 22 Jan, 30 days prior to expiration.

Application is awaiting assignment. Tick/Tock.
My renewal is still showing the same status (Application is awaiting assignment).
Submitted: 12/27
(CCW expired on 11/18)

I also have a secondary problem. I submitted my application prior to the change of their single-shot policy and was forced to not include my primary carry weapon. Now that their policy has changed it appears that I have no way to modify the application to include it. It is pretty lame that I have to plan on modifying a permit even before it has been issued.
Old 01-27-2017, 9:29 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy K. View Post
My renewal is still showing the same status (Application is awaiting assignment).
Submitted: 12/27
(CCW expired on 11/18)

I also have a secondary problem. I submitted my application prior to the change of their single-shot policy and was forced to not include my primary carry weapon. Now that their policy has changed it appears that I have no way to modify the application to include it. It is pretty lame that I have to plan on modifying a permit even before it has been issued.
If you have a current training cert, open the order and use the "Add Document" function to include it along with a request to put the gun on the license.
Old 01-27-2017, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapperforward View Post
Be sure to post back if it worked. I need to add and drop pistols off mine.

Sent from my secret bunker using Tapatalk
I'll Definitely let you guys know when I hear from them, but it sounds like Drivedabizness would hear anything before me.
Old 01-27-2017, 4:19 PM

Well I saw that Feb 23 and 24 were available for issuance apt so I took 10 am Feb 24. Will be doing the qualification the weekend before . With Shoot Train Retain

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 01-28-2017, 3:06 PM

I called the number listed on the Sac Sheriff CCW and I talked to one of the officer. I told them that I applied for renewal and submitted all my requirements online. I also mentioned that my CCW expired already. I was told that they haven't touch any applications from last month and be patient to wait for further notice. Officer also told me not carry my weapon since my CCW expired.
Old 01-29-2017, 9:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog1911 View Post
I called the number listed on the Sac Sheriff CCW and I talked to one of the officer. I told them that I applied for renewal and submitted all my requirements online. I also mentioned that my CCW expired already. I was told that they haven't touch any applications from last month and be patient to wait for further notice. Officer also told me not carry my weapon since my CCW expired.
How convenient for them #facepalm

Same thing happened to me - started everything 90 days out and still expired for 5 weeks back in September.

I can only hope this new system allows them to do more with less.
Old 02-01-2017, 11:18 AM

So did issuance appointments get pulled from the website or were they all filled?
Old 02-01-2017, 11:50 AM
Veteran Member

They tend to fill very quickly.

Old 02-01-2017, 12:05 PM

Dang... I should have jumped on it
Old 02-01-2017, 4:33 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
This may present bigger problems.

The program limits the ability to apply for renewal earlier than 30 days from expiration. Thirty days out, the application is submitted and fees are paid. (In the past, fees were not collected until the issuance date.) The new system even terms these licensing actions as "products".

Arguably, upon proper submission and payment, the SSD has contracted to act upon the renewal prior to expiration (one cannot "renew" that which is "expired"). Moreover, what you are purchasing is a two-year renewal. If the SSD does not renew until after the expiration date, then it would appear that they must issue the renewal with an effective date as the date of receipt. To backdate the renewal to the expiration date (ignoring the time the applicant couldn't carry due to expiration) results in paying full price for a 24-month license, but receiving a 22- or 23-month license.

If one were to pay in advance for a full tank of gas, and then receive 3/4 of a tank, one might believe they have legal recourse against the vendor. This situation seems no different.

Best.
Old 02-02-2017, 11:20 AM

My friend renewed last year and couldn't get a appointment until 40 days after expiration and they just renewed and used his expiration date but put it two years out meaning he only got like 23 months. Sucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-02-2017, 5:33 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Default No Renewals Yet

Originally Posted by Zyralius View Post
"Renewal people only: with the new website how do you even check for appointment openings? Do you have to fill out all your information and hit submit and then get to see if there is any openings for renewals? Thank you."

Quote:
Yes. I submitted on 22 Jan, 30 days prior to expiration.

Application is awaiting assignment. Tick/Tock.
I took my 8 hour refresher course on 12/22, submitted renewal online on 12/22. Never heard anything. Emailed about 1/17 because my permit expired that date, asked them if there might be a problem. They responded that if there had been a problem they would have contacted me, and that they hoped to start scheduling renewals by February, and to stand by. I still haven't heard anything, and am not carrying, of course, and feel naked and vulnerable when I go out!

"A city's strongest tower of defense is brave men" -Alcaeus
Old 02-03-2017, 9:24 AM

Default Sacramento *** TIME TO APPLY!!! ***

I'm a little perturbed. Back in January, Sac sheriff told me that the old appointment system was no longer valid and they would send me an email when the new system was open for issuance of the new cards. I followed up today and they told me no emails will be sent now and to check the old site. It's been nearly a year process for me at this point.
Crossing my fingers that issuance appointments open up soon.
Old 02-03-2017, 9:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmie_dimmick View Post
I'm a little perturbed. Back in January, Sac sheriff told me that the old appointment system was no longer valid and they would send me an email when the new system was open for issuance of the new cards. I followed up today and they told me no emails will be sent now and to check the old site. It's been nearly a year process for me at this point.
Crossing my fingers that issuance appointments open up soon.
Sorry Jimmy I got my Livescan notice last month with an email that said it will be a couple of weeks before the system is operational and I would be emailed when I could schedule an issuance apt.
A fellow cal gunner chimed in and said there taking apoiments so I snatched one. I only saw two days available at that time Feb 23 and 24 .

But hey if I don't get qualified on the 18 n 19 be ready to snatch my spot on the 24@ 10 am !

Old 02-03-2017, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob.dakeelstripe View Post
Sorry Jimmy I got my Livescan notice last month with an email that said it will be a couple of weeks before the system is operational and I would be emailed when I could schedule an issuance apt.
A fellow cal gunner chimed in and said there taking apoiments so I snatched one. I only saw two days available at that time Feb 23 and 24 .

But hey if I don't get qualified on the 18 n 19 be ready to snatch my spot on the 24@ 10 am !

It's all good. I'll just keep checking the appointment site daily. I'm sure I'll get one soon. Cheers.
Old 02-03-2017, 12:54 PM

Same thing happened to me, was told an email would be sent and never was. I was lucky to swoop what seems was a cancelation on the 17th
Old 02-03-2017, 1:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jremy707 View Post
Same thing happened to me, was told an email would be sent and never was. I was lucky to swoop what seems was a cancelation on the 17th
Good keep me posted if you get the " if you would have done as your told you would be getting the new Cc but because you didn't fallow directions here's your crappy paper licence " speach

Old 02-03-2017, 3:37 PM

I had my issuance appointment today. The issuance appointment calendar is available on the Sheriff's website under "gun permits" in the "services" tab. When I was there I heard someone say they were going to open up some March appointments soon.

The CCW I got is laminated but no photo - a little larger than a credit card.

The whole experience has been very good in my opinion. Folks were all very professional, friendly and helpful. I appreciate our sheriff, deputies and others there at the CCW office, including those who are volunteers there. It isn't the same at other counties from what I hear.

My time line:
Schedule appt. 6/14/16
Appt 7/19/16
Approval 8/29/16
Livescan started 9/6/16
Approval 1/17/17
Final interview: 2/3/2017

Last edited by charlieccw; 02-03-2017 at 5:25 PM..
Old 02-03-2017, 8:39 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieccw View Post
The CCW I got is laminated but no photo - a little larger than a credit card.
That sounds like the folded "rice-paper" permit, and not the new card license.
Old 02-03-2017, 10:24 PM

Quote:
That sounds like the folded "rice-paper" permit, and not the new card license.
That must be it. They printed a form, I signed it and they folded it over and laminated it. I saw several others receive laminated forms too.
Old 02-04-2017, 5:40 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugerdaddy View Post
...and feel naked and vulnerable when I go out!
I don't want to imagine the naked part, but I never met an E-7 who was "vulnerable."
Old 02-04-2017, 11:25 PM

Quote:
This may present bigger problems.

The program limits the ability to apply for renewal earlier than 30 days from expiration. Thirty days out, the application is submitted and fees are paid. (In the past, fees were not collected until the issuance date.) The new system even terms these licensing actions as "products".

Arguably, upon proper submission and payment, the SSD has contracted to act upon the renewal prior to expiration (one cannot "renew" that which is "expired"). Moreover, what you are purchasing is a two-year renewal. If the SSD does not renew until after the expiration date, then it would appear that they must issue the renewal with an effective date as the date of receipt. To backdate the renewal to the expiration date (ignoring the time the applicant couldn't carry due to expiration) results in paying full price for a 24-month license, but receiving a 22- or 23-month license.

If one were to pay in advance for a full tank of gas, and then receive 3/4 of a tank, one might believe they have legal recourse against the vendor. This situation seems no different.

Best.
I lost 5 weeks off the life of my current license when the old one expired. They didn't give me 2 years from the new one - they gave me 2 years from the expiration date. Not saying its right - its what happened.

And not a peep on my mod. I'll come back as soon as I hear anything.

Last edited by Drivedabizness; 02-04-2017 at 11:28 PM..
Old 02-06-2017, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drivedabizness View Post
I lost 5 weeks off the life of my current license when the old one expired. They didn't give me 2 years from the new one - they gave me 2 years from the expiration date.
Bummer. Mine expired in early January and I took the refresher class, qualified again and paid the new sacramentoca.permitium.com site. I was hoping mine would have 2 years from whenever they decide to issue the renewal. It kind of sucks having the early January renewal because you have to try and do all of the renewal stuff around the holidays.
Old 02-06-2017, 11:20 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
I don't want to imagine the naked part, but I never met an E-7 who was "vulnerable."
I've known a few. Lol

Old 02-06-2017, 4:49 PM

Renewal approval sent to my email today. I will pick it up tomorrow. No appointment needed.
Old 02-06-2017, 5:57 PM

Quote:
Renewal approval sent to my email today. I will pick it up tomorrow. No appointment needed.
Woo Hoo, congrats!
Old 02-07-2017, 7:12 AM

Default New SAC County CCW Cards

Just curious... Has anybody seen some kind of preview of how the new SAC County CCW cards will look like? If so, could you please post a preview picture image of it...

Thanks!
Old 02-07-2017, 7:36 AM

Congrats, maybe they will catch up to me by next week.
Old 02-07-2017, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Congratulations, that's great news. Please post when you submitted your renewal. I submitted mine online December 20th and haven't heard back from them yet. My permit expired on January 12th so I'm really hoping to be contacted soon. Thanks in advance.
Old 02-07-2017, 1:43 PM

Submitted my paperwork online on 1/8/17, received my approval email this morning and picked up my permit today.

For those who are curious, the permit is the same size as my previous permit and I was only allowed to add three weapons due to the space or lack their of on the card.
Old 02-07-2017, 4:23 PM
Veteran Member

Are they taking mods yet? Anyone?

Old 02-07-2017, 6:48 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99OVR View Post
Submitted my paperwork online on 1/8/17, received my approval email this morning and picked up my permit today.

For those who are curious, the permit is the same size as my previous permit and I was only allowed to add three weapons due to the space or lack their of on the card.
1. Yeah. Congrats!
2. Renewal or Initial issue?
3. How was it determined which three guns would be on the license? Did you submit 5 and they asked for preferences?

Best.
Old 02-07-2017, 10:03 PM

Sounds like SSD is still trying to figure stuff out. My permit expires in April so I'll be getting into the **** show soon enough
Old 02-08-2017, 10:11 AM

On the renewal front, I submitted my complete package on January 23rd. As of today (2/8), it still lists as "Status Pending" on the "Order Tracker" website.

Will update when I hear something.