Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #3601  
Old 01-26-2017, 3:56 PM
trapped trapped is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 26
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Yes, I submitted everything online. The email confirmation I got said to bring a copy of the application packet, two copies of proof of residency, and a letter stating why I wanted a CCW. I brought them but none of them were needed.
Reply With Quote
  #3602  
Old 01-26-2017, 4:55 PM
jimmie_dimmick jimmie_dimmick is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 29
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Anyone in the know have word on when the ID card system might be up and running?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #3603  
Old 01-26-2017, 10:46 PM
j_angeles j_angeles is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 71
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

New system is up and running! I just submitted my modification online. I guess i'll wait and see if we can modify permits right now. Everything went through though!
Reply With Quote
  #3604  
Old 01-27-2017, 7:58 AM
KahrMan's Avatar
KahrMan KahrMan is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 335
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElDub1950 View Post
Would you mind posting the date of that email? It would help as this thread ages. If the email included any expected dates, that would be great to know also. I have 2 Sac friends currently needing to do a mod.
I think it was the same day as my post, so current status. I think there are some problems with the new system, but am confident they will figure something out.
__________________
My god, it's full of Unicorns
Reply With Quote
  #3605  
Old 01-27-2017, 7:59 AM
KahrMan's Avatar
KahrMan KahrMan is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 335
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_angeles View Post
New system is up and running! I just submitted my modification online. I guess i'll wait and see if we can modify permits right now. Everything went through though!
Keep us updated, please!
__________________
My god, it's full of Unicorns
Reply With Quote
  #3606  
Old 01-27-2017, 9:16 AM
Drivedabizness's Avatar
Drivedabizness Drivedabizness is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Folsom, CA
Posts: 1,920
iTrader: 5 / 100%
Default

Just a quick status update - I submitted my mod package to add a gun on 1/19. (I also like the idea of having a new card instead of the huge laminated paper one) It is still on "assigning to processor shortly" - this is day 8 in that status.
__________________
Proud CGN Contributor
USMC Pistol Team Alumni - Distinguished Pistol Shot
Owner of multiple Constitutionally protected tools
Reply With Quote
  #3607  
Old 01-27-2017, 9:18 AM
Jeremy K.'s Avatar
Jeremy K. Jeremy K. is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 62
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvrjon View Post
Yes. I submitted on 22 Jan, 30 days prior to expiration.

Application is awaiting assignment. Tick/Tock.
My renewal is still showing the same status (Application is awaiting assignment).
Submitted: 12/27
(CCW expired on 11/18)

I also have a secondary problem. I submitted my application prior to the change of their single-shot policy and was forced to not include my primary carry weapon. Now that their policy has changed it appears that I have no way to modify the application to include it. It is pretty lame that I have to plan on modifying a permit even before it has been issued.
__________________
Audaces Fortuna Juvat
Reply With Quote
  #3608  
Old 01-27-2017, 9:29 AM
Dvrjon Dvrjon is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 4,911
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy K. View Post
My renewal is still showing the same status (Application is awaiting assignment).
Submitted: 12/27
(CCW expired on 11/18)

I also have a secondary problem. I submitted my application prior to the change of their single-shot policy and was forced to not include my primary carry weapon. Now that their policy has changed it appears that I have no way to modify the application to include it. It is pretty lame that I have to plan on modifying a permit even before it has been issued.
If you have a current training cert, open the order and use the "Add Document" function to include it along with a request to put the gun on the license.
Reply With Quote
  #3609  
Old 01-27-2017, 11:41 AM
Mrjones916 Mrjones916 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 4
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapperforward View Post
Be sure to post back if it worked. I need to add and drop pistols off mine.

Sent from my secret bunker using Tapatalk
I'll Definitely let you guys know when I hear from them, but it sounds like Drivedabizness would hear anything before me.
Reply With Quote
  #3610  
Old 01-27-2017, 4:19 PM
bob.dakeelstripe bob.dakeelstripe is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 344
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Well I saw that Feb 23 and 24 were available for issuance apt so I took 10 am Feb 24. Will be doing the qualification the weekend before . With Shoot Train Retain

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #3611  
Old 01-28-2017, 3:06 PM
Bulldog1911's Avatar
Bulldog1911 Bulldog1911 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: SMF
Posts: 917
iTrader: 22 / 100%
Default

I called the number listed on the Sac Sheriff CCW and I talked to one of the officer. I told them that I applied for renewal and submitted all my requirements online. I also mentioned that my CCW expired already. I was told that they haven't touch any applications from last month and be patient to wait for further notice. Officer also told me not carry my weapon since my CCW expired.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3612  
Old 01-29-2017, 9:13 PM
Drivedabizness's Avatar
Drivedabizness Drivedabizness is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Folsom, CA
Posts: 1,920
iTrader: 5 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog1911 View Post
I called the number listed on the Sac Sheriff CCW and I talked to one of the officer. I told them that I applied for renewal and submitted all my requirements online. I also mentioned that my CCW expired already. I was told that they haven't touch any applications from last month and be patient to wait for further notice. Officer also told me not carry my weapon since my CCW expired.
How convenient for them #facepalm

Same thing happened to me - started everything 90 days out and still expired for 5 weeks back in September.

I can only hope this new system allows them to do more with less.
__________________
Proud CGN Contributor
USMC Pistol Team Alumni - Distinguished Pistol Shot
Owner of multiple Constitutionally protected tools
Reply With Quote
  #3613  
Old 02-01-2017, 11:18 AM
Jremy707 Jremy707 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 75
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

So did issuance appointments get pulled from the website or were they all filled?
Reply With Quote
  #3614  
Old 02-01-2017, 11:50 AM
Sapperforward's Avatar
Sapperforward Sapperforward is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Greater Sacramento Area
Posts: 2,558
iTrader: 9 / 100%
Default

They tend to fill very quickly.

Sent from my secret bunker using Tapatalk
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3615  
Old 02-01-2017, 12:05 PM
Jremy707 Jremy707 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 75
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Dang... I should have jumped on it
Reply With Quote
  #3616  
Old 02-01-2017, 4:33 PM
Dvrjon Dvrjon is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 4,911
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog1911 View Post
I called the number listed on the Sac Sheriff CCW and I talked to one of the officer. I told them that I applied for renewal and submitted all my requirements online. I also mentioned that my CCW expired already. I was told that they haven't touch any applications from last month and be patient to wait for further notice. Officer also told me not carry my weapon since my CCW expired.
This may present bigger problems.

The program limits the ability to apply for renewal earlier than 30 days from expiration. Thirty days out, the application is submitted and fees are paid. (In the past, fees were not collected until the issuance date.) The new system even terms these licensing actions as "products".

Arguably, upon proper submission and payment, the SSD has contracted to act upon the renewal prior to expiration (one cannot "renew" that which is "expired"). Moreover, what you are purchasing is a two-year renewal. If the SSD does not renew until after the expiration date, then it would appear that they must issue the renewal with an effective date as the date of receipt. To backdate the renewal to the expiration date (ignoring the time the applicant couldn't carry due to expiration) results in paying full price for a 24-month license, but receiving a 22- or 23-month license.

If one were to pay in advance for a full tank of gas, and then receive 3/4 of a tank, one might believe they have legal recourse against the vendor. This situation seems no different.

Best.
Reply With Quote
  #3617  
Old 02-02-2017, 11:20 AM
Zyralius Zyralius is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Good ole California
Posts: 360
iTrader: 10 / 100%
Default

My friend renewed last year and couldn't get a appointment until 40 days after expiration and they just renewed and used his expiration date but put it two years out meaning he only got like 23 months. Sucks.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #3618  
Old 02-02-2017, 5:33 PM
Rugerdaddy's Avatar
Rugerdaddy Rugerdaddy is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Near Sacramento
Posts: 673
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default No Renewals Yet

Originally Posted by Zyralius View Post
"Renewal people only: with the new website how do you even check for appointment openings? Do you have to fill out all your information and hit submit and then get to see if there is any openings for renewals? Thank you."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvrjon View Post
Yes. I submitted on 22 Jan, 30 days prior to expiration.

Application is awaiting assignment. Tick/Tock.
I took my 8 hour refresher course on 12/22, submitted renewal online on 12/22. Never heard anything. Emailed about 1/17 because my permit expired that date, asked them if there might be a problem. They responded that if there had been a problem they would have contacted me, and that they hoped to start scheduling renewals by February, and to stand by. I still haven't heard anything, and am not carrying, of course, and feel naked and vulnerable when I go out!
__________________
MSGT, USAF Ret.
NRA Member
Monthly Contributor to CGF

"A city's strongest tower of defense is brave men" -Alcaeus
Reply With Quote
  #3619  
Old 02-03-2017, 9:24 AM
jimmie_dimmick jimmie_dimmick is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 29
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default Sacramento *** TIME TO APPLY!!! ***

I'm a little perturbed. Back in January, Sac sheriff told me that the old appointment system was no longer valid and they would send me an email when the new system was open for issuance of the new cards. I followed up today and they told me no emails will be sent now and to check the old site. It's been nearly a year process for me at this point.
Crossing my fingers that issuance appointments open up soon.
Reply With Quote
  #3620  
Old 02-03-2017, 9:36 AM
bob.dakeelstripe bob.dakeelstripe is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 344
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmie_dimmick View Post
I'm a little perturbed. Back in January, Sac sheriff told me that the old appointment system was no longer valid and they would send me an email when the new system was open for issuance of the new cards. I followed up today and they told me no emails will be sent now and to check the old site. It's been nearly a year process for me at this point.
Crossing my fingers that issuance appointments open up soon.
Sorry Jimmy I got my Livescan notice last month with an email that said it will be a couple of weeks before the system is operational and I would be emailed when I could schedule an issuance apt.
A fellow cal gunner chimed in and said there taking apoiments so I snatched one. I only saw two days available at that time Feb 23 and 24 .

But hey if I don't get qualified on the 18 n 19 be ready to snatch my spot on the 24@ 10 am !



Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #3621  
Old 02-03-2017, 11:10 AM
jimmie_dimmick jimmie_dimmick is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 29
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob.dakeelstripe View Post
Sorry Jimmy I got my Livescan notice last month with an email that said it will be a couple of weeks before the system is operational and I would be emailed when I could schedule an issuance apt.
A fellow cal gunner chimed in and said there taking apoiments so I snatched one. I only saw two days available at that time Feb 23 and 24 .

But hey if I don't get qualified on the 18 n 19 be ready to snatch my spot on the 24@ 10 am !



Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk


It's all good. I'll just keep checking the appointment site daily. I'm sure I'll get one soon. Cheers.
Reply With Quote
  #3622  
Old 02-03-2017, 12:54 PM
Jremy707 Jremy707 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 75
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Same thing happened to me, was told an email would be sent and never was. I was lucky to swoop what seems was a cancelation on the 17th
Reply With Quote
  #3623  
Old 02-03-2017, 1:30 PM
bob.dakeelstripe bob.dakeelstripe is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 344
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jremy707 View Post
Same thing happened to me, was told an email would be sent and never was. I was lucky to swoop what seems was a cancelation on the 17th
Good keep me posted if you get the " if you would have done as your told you would be getting the new Cc but because you didn't fallow directions here's your crappy paper licence " speach

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #3624  
Old 02-03-2017, 3:37 PM
charlieccw charlieccw is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 5
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

I had my issuance appointment today. The issuance appointment calendar is available on the Sheriff's website under "gun permits" in the "services" tab. When I was there I heard someone say they were going to open up some March appointments soon.

The CCW I got is laminated but no photo - a little larger than a credit card.

The whole experience has been very good in my opinion. Folks were all very professional, friendly and helpful. I appreciate our sheriff, deputies and others there at the CCW office, including those who are volunteers there. It isn't the same at other counties from what I hear.

My time line:
Schedule appt. 6/14/16
Appt 7/19/16
Approval 8/29/16
Livescan started 9/6/16
Approval 1/17/17
Final interview: 2/3/2017

Last edited by charlieccw; 02-03-2017 at 5:25 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #3625  
Old 02-03-2017, 8:39 PM
Dvrjon Dvrjon is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 4,911
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieccw View Post
The CCW I got is laminated but no photo - a little larger than a credit card.
That sounds like the folded "rice-paper" permit, and not the new card license.
Reply With Quote
  #3626  
Old 02-03-2017, 10:24 PM
charlieccw charlieccw is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 5
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvrjon View Post
That sounds like the folded "rice-paper" permit, and not the new card license.
That must be it. They printed a form, I signed it and they folded it over and laminated it. I saw several others receive laminated forms too.
Reply With Quote
  #3627  
Old 02-04-2017, 5:40 PM
Dvrjon Dvrjon is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 4,911
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugerdaddy View Post
...and feel naked and vulnerable when I go out!
I don't want to imagine the naked part, but I never met an E-7 who was "vulnerable."
Reply With Quote
  #3628  
Old 02-04-2017, 11:25 PM
Drivedabizness's Avatar
Drivedabizness Drivedabizness is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Folsom, CA
Posts: 1,920
iTrader: 5 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvrjon View Post
This may present bigger problems.

The program limits the ability to apply for renewal earlier than 30 days from expiration. Thirty days out, the application is submitted and fees are paid. (In the past, fees were not collected until the issuance date.) The new system even terms these licensing actions as "products".

Arguably, upon proper submission and payment, the SSD has contracted to act upon the renewal prior to expiration (one cannot "renew" that which is "expired"). Moreover, what you are purchasing is a two-year renewal. If the SSD does not renew until after the expiration date, then it would appear that they must issue the renewal with an effective date as the date of receipt. To backdate the renewal to the expiration date (ignoring the time the applicant couldn't carry due to expiration) results in paying full price for a 24-month license, but receiving a 22- or 23-month license.

If one were to pay in advance for a full tank of gas, and then receive 3/4 of a tank, one might believe they have legal recourse against the vendor. This situation seems no different.

Best.
I lost 5 weeks off the life of my current license when the old one expired. They didn't give me 2 years from the new one - they gave me 2 years from the expiration date. Not saying its right - its what happened.

And not a peep on my mod. I'll come back as soon as I hear anything.
__________________
Proud CGN Contributor
USMC Pistol Team Alumni - Distinguished Pistol Shot
Owner of multiple Constitutionally protected tools

Last edited by Drivedabizness; 02-04-2017 at 11:28 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #3629  
Old 02-06-2017, 10:43 AM
Sound&Style's Avatar
Sound&Style Sound&Style is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 93
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drivedabizness View Post
I lost 5 weeks off the life of my current license when the old one expired. They didn't give me 2 years from the new one - they gave me 2 years from the expiration date.
Bummer. Mine expired in early January and I took the refresher class, qualified again and paid the new sacramentoca.permitium.com site. I was hoping mine would have 2 years from whenever they decide to issue the renewal. It kind of sucks having the early January renewal because you have to try and do all of the renewal stuff around the holidays.
Reply With Quote
  #3630  
Old 02-06-2017, 11:20 AM
Sapperforward's Avatar
Sapperforward Sapperforward is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Greater Sacramento Area
Posts: 2,558
iTrader: 9 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvrjon View Post
I don't want to imagine the naked part, but I never met an E-7 who was "vulnerable."
I've known a few. Lol

Sent from my secret bunker using Tapatalk
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3631  
Old 02-06-2017, 4:49 PM
Bulldog1911's Avatar
Bulldog1911 Bulldog1911 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: SMF
Posts: 917
iTrader: 22 / 100%
Default

Renewal approval sent to my email today. I will pick it up tomorrow. No appointment needed.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3632  
Old 02-06-2017, 5:57 PM
KahrMan's Avatar
KahrMan KahrMan is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 335
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog1911 View Post
Renewal approval sent to my email today. I will pick it up tomorrow. No appointment needed.
Woo Hoo, congrats!
__________________
My god, it's full of Unicorns
Reply With Quote
  #3633  
Old 02-07-2017, 7:12 AM
TheBillMan's Avatar
TheBillMan TheBillMan is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Folsom, CA
Posts: 28
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default New SAC County CCW Cards

Just curious... Has anybody seen some kind of preview of how the new SAC County CCW cards will look like? If so, could you please post a preview picture image of it...

Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #3634  
Old 02-07-2017, 7:36 AM
Mrjones916 Mrjones916 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 4
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Congrats, maybe they will catch up to me by next week.
Reply With Quote
  #3635  
Old 02-07-2017, 11:08 AM
HNKCali HNKCali is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 2
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog1911 View Post
Renewal approval sent to my email today. I will pick it up tomorrow. No appointment needed.
Congratulations, that's great news. Please post when you submitted your renewal. I submitted mine online December 20th and haven't heard back from them yet. My permit expired on January 12th so I'm really hoping to be contacted soon. Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote
  #3636  
Old 02-07-2017, 1:43 PM
99OVR 99OVR is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 6
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Submitted my paperwork online on 1/8/17, received my approval email this morning and picked up my permit today.

For those who are curious, the permit is the same size as my previous permit and I was only allowed to add three weapons due to the space or lack their of on the card.
Reply With Quote
  #3637  
Old 02-07-2017, 4:23 PM
Sapperforward's Avatar
Sapperforward Sapperforward is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Greater Sacramento Area
Posts: 2,558
iTrader: 9 / 100%
Default

Are they taking mods yet? Anyone?

Sent from my secret bunker using Tapatalk
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3638  
Old 02-07-2017, 6:48 PM
Dvrjon Dvrjon is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 4,911
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99OVR View Post
Submitted my paperwork online on 1/8/17, received my approval email this morning and picked up my permit today.

For those who are curious, the permit is the same size as my previous permit and I was only allowed to add three weapons due to the space or lack their of on the card.
1. Yeah. Congrats!
2. Renewal or Initial issue?
3. How was it determined which three guns would be on the license? Did you submit 5 and they asked for preferences?

Best.
Reply With Quote
  #3639  
Old 02-07-2017, 10:03 PM
Noobie Gunner Noobie Gunner is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Orangevale, CA
Posts: 70
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

Sounds like SSD is still trying to figure stuff out. My permit expires in April so I'll be getting into the **** show soon enough
Reply With Quote
  #3640  
Old 02-08-2017, 10:11 AM
Big Ben's Avatar
Big Ben Big Ben is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 713
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Default

On the renewal front, I submitted my complete package on January 23rd. As of today (2/8), it still lists as "Status Pending" on the "Order Tracker" website.

Will update when I hear something.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 4:37 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2018, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.