Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Southern California Chapters > San Diego Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-17-2018, 9:22 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casual_Shooter View Post
You are obviously very dedicated to this cause, but I can't help but wonder why you seem to gloss over the basic requirements of his good cause requirements. e.g. Did you not bold the part about "Occupation or Business" for a reason?
Yeah, because, I assume, that doesn't apply to you like it wouldn't apply to me.

Remember, the policy is just a guideline. Humans have to interpret and apply it. If they brought it up, I'd say whether I'm getting paid or not is irrelevant to the risk I face and my need for a CCW.

Focus on that part about putting you at risk more than the average person ("subject to personal risk and / or criminal attack, greater than the general population"). You don't have to be the target of a Mafia hitman (an A+ GC), just someone who would be at higher than average risk (a C+ GC).

Plus, what was posted months ago may or may not be what's currently being practiced. The IT guy probably only updates things every month or so.

You, like it or not, have a weak GC. But, given the positive postings I quoted of people being issued, and the lack of negative (that I've seen), if I were you, I'd give it my best shot and go for it! After all, on the one hand you may get denied and be out, IIRC, less than $100. But on the other hand you may squeak by and get a 2 yr CA CCW!

If I were you, I'd spend time going over what I do and where I go and what I have with me (valuables) for an entire month to try to work up by best possible GC and then apply.

Wish you the best!

225+ examples of CCWs Saving Lives.

KnifeRights.org/images/KRbanner_468x60-1.gif

Last edited by Paladin; 01-17-2018 at 11:01 AM..