Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Old 01-25-2012, 5:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyM View Post

Feel like this will be me before we hear good news:

At least you have a positive outlook! Fret not, most people feel they'll get their LTC through CoCo around when this happens...
kcbrown -- The Constitution is not "the Supreme Law of the Land, except in the face of contradicting law which has not yet been overturned by the courts". It is THE SUPREME LAW OF THE LAND, PERIOD. Consider very carefully what that means for your oath to uphold the Constitution.
Old 01-25-2012, 6:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by POINTMANDDT View Post
If california became a shall issue state, would coco county have no choice but to issue permits to citizens with good cause?

I'm so frustrated that I lose my right to defend myself and love ones when I leave my house. What kind of bs is this? How many lives could have been saved in California alone, if it had been a shall issue state for the last 5 years?
If you see some petition shoved in your face about "Shall Issue" legislation PLEASE dont sign without knowing all the facts about it. Theres a lengthy thread in the 2A forums about it.
kcbrown -- The Constitution is not "the Supreme Law of the Land, except in the face of contradicting law which has not yet been overturned by the courts". It is THE SUPREME LAW OF THE LAND, PERIOD. Consider very carefully what that means for your oath to uphold the Constitution.
Old 01-29-2012, 6:34 PM

Default Request for data approach...

I have often heard that Posse members get the LTC and it costs many $K to get in the Posse.

Why not do a records request for who has LTC and who is in the Posse and who has contributed to the Sheriff. Then match up and look for bias based upon $ and use that as a basis for action to get LTC.

Is this a viable theory or approach ?

Charles
Old 01-29-2012, 6:44 PM
Veteran Member

Was tried many years ago.
Old 01-29-2012, 10:27 PM

Losing hope.
Old 01-29-2012, 10:34 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zvardan View Post
Losing hope.
Changing the law (and culture) of California is not an overnight process. Advocacy in our subject area takes thick skin and patience.

-Brandon

I do not read private messages, and my inbox is usually full. If you need to reach me, please email me instead.

My comments are not the official position or a statement of any organization unless stated otherwise. My comments are not legal advice; if you want or need legal advice, hire a lawyer.
Old 01-29-2012, 11:09 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by zvardan View Post
Losing hope.
You lose hope, you die inside. It's that simple.
Old 02-02-2012, 11:01 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by genoaguns View Post
I have often heard that Posse members get the LTC and it costs many $K to get in the Posse.

Why not do a records request for who has LTC and who is in the Posse and who has contributed to the Sheriff. Then match up and look for bias based upon $ and use that as a basis for action to get LTC.

Is this a viable theory or approach ?

Charles
Posse members will tell you their LTCs are unrelated to their Posse membership/donations.

My gut tells me Posse members probably hold LTCs at a far higher rate than non Posse members. How much of the discrepancy is due to self selection and how much is due to other factors is the question though being told you have zero hope of getting an LTC certainly keeps applications down. Coincidence or corruption?

I believe Jim March did work around Rupf's permits some years ago. It's on the internet.

Perhaps the new sheriff is amenable to reason. More likely he'll come along kicking and screaming.

Last edited by berto; 02-02-2012 at 11:05 AM..
Old 02-07-2012, 6:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by berto View Post
Perhaps the new sheriff is amenable to reason. More likely he'll come along kicking and screaming.
After Mondays little meetup in Danville with the good Sheriff I'd say your 100% correct. Pity, but, in a way satisfying knowing that he's going to be MADE to conform to shall issue in the near future.

Heres to CGF "educating" them in the near future either willingly or financially painfully.
Old 02-18-2012, 1:58 PM
Calguns Addict

Contra Costa County CCW Policy, Good Cause statements, Guidelines and Forms can be found Here
Old 02-18-2012, 2:10 PM
Calguns Addict

FINALLY! A few questions though. How do we find out the dates that these statements were made? Since we have a new sheriff this seems important. Also, how come I see many police officers federal and state/local applying for an LTC when the LEOSA allows them to carry concealed already?

"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice, but let me remind you also that moderation in the persuit of justice is no virtue" -Barry Goldwater

“Remember that a government big enough to give you everything you want is also big enough to take away everything you have.” -Gerald Ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by cudakidd View Post
I want Blood for Oil. Heck I want Blood for Oil over hand wringing sentiment!
^
Old 02-18-2012, 2:16 PM
Calguns Addict

I don't see any that could really apply to a lot of people here. Most of them seem to be for reserve deputies. The ones that could apply are working in remote areas and the camping in remote areas and hiking. So you could say that you are an avid hiker and come across wildlife such as mountain lions and bears and you do not feel a knife is sufficient protection. Also you hike in remote places where you do not have cell reception and police are 20+ minutes away and these are places where you are not permitted to carry openly because recreational discharge of a firearm is not permitted.

"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice, but let me remind you also that moderation in the persuit of justice is no virtue" -Barry Goldwater

“Remember that a government big enough to give you everything you want is also big enough to take away everything you have.” -Gerald Ford

Quote:
^
Old 02-18-2012, 3:38 PM
I need a LIFE!!

We'll have a new round of documents published within the next month.
Old 02-18-2012, 4:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildhawker View Post
We'll have a new round of documents published within the next month.
Good to hear that more are coming... in the mean time I'm breaking out my old scouting uniform, bug netting, red legged frog identification guide and then getting to work on a 5 page CG statement as I speak!
Old 02-18-2012, 4:35 PM
Calguns Addict

This got me thinking, I use to work for the County, and worked in the jails as well. Im not LEO but im wondering if I could possibly have a remote chance of getting issued a ccl.

Last edited by Darklyte27; 02-18-2012 at 4:39 PM..
Old 02-18-2012, 4:50 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusBoy View Post
Good to hear that more are coming... in the mean time I'm breaking out my old scouting uniform, bug netting, red legged frog identification guide and then getting to work on a 5 page CG statement as I speak!
lol I think I need to start brushing up on the names and geographical features of hiking trails in California.

Quote:
^
Old 02-18-2012, 7:50 PM
In Memoriam

Still waiting to see what goes down in CoCo. A lawsuit would be sweet! -g
Old 02-20-2012, 11:30 AM

Hmm, I am an active hiker and live in an area known with mountain lion attacks.
But how do I prove this to my local PD or Sheriff?
Old 02-20-2012, 11:39 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugiahua View Post
Write a very long and detailed GC statements citing specific incidents of mountain lion attacks as well as human assaults and robberies. Talk about specific trails you like to travel. And be prepared to know what you are talking about during the interview. That's just my guess/advice but I'm no expert.

Quote:
^
Old 02-24-2012, 1:40 PM

I can't wait to see on here TIME TO APPLY!!!!
Old 03-01-2012, 12:34 PM

OK, an interesting read. Not quite sure what the 'so what' of this is, though. We continue to wait until the title says 'time to apply', correct? Or do we just chance our arm and try anyway?
Old 03-18-2012, 12:40 PM

I was reading the GC statement, quite surprise that even CEOs have reserve deputy...
doesn't reserve deputy requires POST?

how come even CEO or computer manager have time to do POST? Isn't it take six months and requires excellent physical condition?

Maybe I should switch major so I can apply for protection from wildlife as well
Old 03-18-2012, 12:55 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
I was reading the GC statement, quite surprise that even CEOs have reserve deputy...
doesn't reserve deputy requires POST?

how come even CEO or computer manager have time to do POST? Isn't it take six months and requires excellent physical condition?

Maybe I should switch major so I can apply for protection from wildlife as well
There are Level I, II, and III reserve deputies... The CEO could be a Level III deputy, very limited authority, limited training...

Level III Reserve Deputies are deployed and assigned only to carry out limited duties not requiring general law enforcement powers. Duties may include, traffic enforcement, prisoner transport, crime prevention duties and other duties at the direction of the Sheriff.

Level II Reserve Deputies have full peace officer powers while on duty. Level II Reserves work in a general law enforcement capacity under direct supervision of a law enforcement officer.

Level I Reserve is the highest level of Reserve Deputy carrying the most responsibility and training requirements. Level I Reserve Deputies have the same law enforcement powers and authority as regular full-time deputies while on duty.
Old 03-18-2012, 1:41 PM

I guess it's a stupid question, is there a chance for common people like us to pass lv.III and apply as reserve deputy?

Old 03-26-2012, 8:54 AM
Veteran Member

Just a FYI but a friend graduated POST and then could not get "hired" on as a reserve in the Bay Area because he had too many guns (told that off the record). Wasted a lot of time and money!
Old 03-26-2012, 6:14 PM
Banned

Document getting attacked by a mountain lion, survive it without killing the mountain lion (negotiate with the lion, just give him/her what is asked of you, do not put up a fight). Take this documentation (photos + 3 eyewitnesses) in to the Sheriff. You may have to substantiate that the mountain lion or someone in his/her community has threatened to attack you in the future.
(satire)

Quote:
Old 04-13-2012, 2:08 PM

I wonder if this county weight training levels? would it help my chance by taking advance handgun courses from some major firearm schools?
Old 04-13-2012, 3:18 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
I wonder if this county weight training levels? would it help my chance by taking advance handgun courses from some major firearm schools?
It would help if you donated $10k to the sheriff's favorite charity or put yourself through the academy and got hired as a reserve deputy.
Old 04-13-2012, 4:17 PM

Talk about reserve deputy, where can I find available classes for lvIII?
The POST website only showed me the requirement, but not where to take them
Old 04-20-2012, 5:45 PM

http://www.cocoacademy.org/
Old 04-20-2012, 10:35 PM

well, I asked on the LEO section.
It's probably not going to work for me, since it takes almost a year to process the application. I might just move out CA by then.
Old 06-10-2012, 9:33 PM
Veteran Member

Any movement in Co Co County?
Old 06-21-2012, 10:38 AM
Veteran Member

bump
Originally Posted by keenkeen View Post
"What you've just posted is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever read. At no point in your rambling, incoherent post were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this forum is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."
Old 06-27-2012, 8:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandal View Post
+1
Old 07-11-2012, 7:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandal View Post
Apparently not.
Old 07-16-2012, 8:49 PM

I am moving to Moraga next month, I heard that they are more conservative than rest of the county.
is there anyone familiar with Moraga PD? How likely they would issue to common ppl?
Old 07-24-2012, 6:28 AM
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalK9.com View Post
Also dont worry if u have never built one once you go to a build party you will know everything and have a perfect functioning rifle.
Old 07-24-2012, 4:45 PM

Waiting (im)patiently for instructions...
Old 07-31-2012, 6:55 AM
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Add one to the waiting-and-watching list.
Old 07-31-2012, 10:57 AM
Lurker
CGN Contributor

I'm with you all too.