Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Shotgun discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Shotgun discussions Trap, Hunting, Defense and more. A place for enthusiasts to discuss the shotgun.

Old 08-05-2018, 9:39 PM
Veteran Member

Default 12 Gauge Ak Style Shotgun

I was just looking at Atlantic Firearms and saw that they had a 12g AK clone. It is imported by SDS and is called the Lynx 12 (link below). It looks like they are retailing for $500ish. This is made in China. Any opinions would be great. I’ve googled for reviews but it’s either a informative review or a “I just got review”. It seems they are new to the market. Is a Vepr 12 or Saiga 12 a better buy?

*Not in CA.

https://www.atlanticfirearms.com/com....html?Itemid=0
I know your ban hammer is cold hammer forged and chrome lined, im not messin with it!
Old 08-06-2018, 7:26 AM
Get Lost...
CGN Contributor

No experience personally with the new Lynx, Cheetah and other AK type mag fed shotguns new to the market. Not many worthwhile reviews when I looked prior, mostly just unboxing and such. Kalashnikov USA is also offering a new shotgun, not sure if it’s on the market yet.

VEPR or Saiga will serve you well (owned both, kept the VEPR). They’re proven. Several online retailers are still selling them for around $900 with the thumbhole stock. I’ve seen a few tube side folders as well. Only issues I’ve experienced with the VEPR were mag related, using US built mags (SGM tactical) while chambering slugs. Eats the cheap Wally World bulk target shot like a champ.

http://www.carolinashooterssupply.co...ut-vpr1211.htm

https://www.targetsportsusa.com/vapr...2-p-67765.aspx

Last edited by toiletfighter; 08-06-2018 at 7:36 AM..
Old 08-06-2018, 11:24 AM

Any thoughts on the rock island vr 60 ?
Is this legal here ?
Old 08-06-2018, 11:30 AM
Get Lost...
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpfishnfool View Post
Any thoughts on the rock island vr 60 ?
Is this legal here ?
Sure, if you can mag lock it or make it single shot. Looks interesting.

I wouldn’t mind one of these to add to the tacticool shotguns collection.
https://iwi.us/product/tavor-ts12/
Old 08-09-2018, 6:40 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by toiletfighter View Post
No experience personally with the new Lynx, Cheetah and other AK type mag fed shotguns new to the market. Not many worthwhile reviews when I looked prior, mostly just unboxing and such. Kalashnikov USA is also offering a new shotgun, not sure if it’s on the market yet.

VEPR or Saiga will serve you well (owned both, kept the VEPR). They’re proven. Several online retailers are still selling them for around $900 with the thumbhole stock. I’ve seen a few tube side folders as well. Only issues I’ve experienced with the VEPR were mag related, using US built mags (SGM tactical) while chambering slugs. Eats the cheap Wally World bulk target shot like a champ.

http://www.carolinashooterssupply.co...ut-vpr1211.htm

https://www.targetsportsusa.com/vapr...2-p-67765.aspx
Appreciate the input. How much modification do saigas or veprs need to function properly. Are they good to go right out of the box?
I know your ban hammer is cold hammer forged and chrome lined, im not messin with it!
Old 08-10-2018, 4:42 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Atlantic Firearms offers a wide variety of shotguns and the Lynx Shotgun pretty much runs right out of the box it's usually good to give them a little bit of a break-in period with some high brass loads. We also offer the Russian vepr 12 shotgun and those again need a small break in period.
Old 08-10-2018, 5:39 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantic Firearms View Post
Atlantic Firearms offers a wide variety of shotguns and the Lynx Shotgun pretty much runs right out of the box it's usually good to give them a little bit of a break-in period with some high brass loads. We also offer the Russian vepr 12 shotgun and those again need a small break in period.
I’ll been all over your site the last few days checking stuff out. Are the bolts and carriers on the SDS hammer forged? If a warranty issue occurs would Atlantic take the repair or would SDS Imports?
Old 08-10-2018, 5:44 AM

I too have a Vepr 12 and performance wise it has been flawless...although I don't believe in a breakin period for my guns, I do only shoot 3 1/4 DRAM shotshells and high velocity slugs and this is just my preference. Functionally I did have to work the bolt hold open mechanism a bit because it would either hand up or release itself unexpectedly. The only mod I did was to convert mine to a fixed mag so I can keep it semi auto, other than that it is a well built and solid shotgun. It is a toss up between the vepr and my versamax competition tactical.