Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Shoots, Meets and Range Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

CGSSA Shoots, Meets and Range Stories Set up and organize shoots and meets and share your shooting range stories.

Old 02-03-2014, 6:09 PM

Default OFFICIAL SAN DIEGO CHAPTER FEBRUARY EVENT INTRO TO CARBINES *2/15/2014*

AFTER LOVE IS IN THE AIR, LET'S GET SOME LEAD IN THE AIR!!!

CALGUNS/CGSSA SAN DIEGO CHAPTER IS TAKING YOU TO SCHOOL

WITH THE FEBRUARY EVENT BROUGHT TO YOU BY:
ACTIVE SHOOTER DEFENSE SCHOOL

RSVP HERE: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=888824

WHEN: February 15th, 2014 (Saturday)

TIME: 4:00pm to 10pm (entire event) Instruction will start at 4pm Plan to be there at 3:30 to sign in and get ready. The class will start with or without you at 4pm! I STRONGLY recommend being there at 3:30. If there is a delay it will start NO LATER than 4:30pm.

WHERE: ASDS/South Bay Rod and Gun Club on pistol range B - in Dulzura, CA (clink the blue link above for info and directions OR ask here. DO NOT check in with the main office or range. Come directly back to Pistol Range B. A sign will be up!

CONTACT INFO: calguns.sdchapter@gmail.com OR private message OR RSVP link above

WHAT: This is a chance to get some excellent, professional training at a very affordable price! This event will be THREE HOURS of carbine training by Matt K. of ASDS. You will learn basic fundamentals, basic stance work, proper sight picture, reloading, clearing malfunctions and every bit of safety in between. This is a professional lesson by a 12 year Special Forces veteran who can teach you practical application of skills used not only in the field but on a daily basis in his classes. If you think you know how to run your gun, you need more training! This is a great chance to refresh your fundamentals as well as a perfect opportunity to get new shooters comfortable with a modern sporting rifle.

This class is for carbines but not limited to AR patterns. All Semi Auto modern sporting rifles are welcome. Rentals can be handled through me if you wish to use an AR and do not own one.

There will be live fire during the session as well. You get to apply your skills and have fun while learning. That's not all though..... Once the lesson is complete you can shoot the rest of the night until 10pm. Yep. 10pm! Bring out any firearm (CA Legal) of any type and have some fun after the lesson.

For those of you who attended the December XMAS zombie competition and wish you had a better understanding of fundamentals or how to apply them in prep for the next comp or every day shooting... this event is for you! A couple more zombies may stumble their way into the field. You may need to exterminate them

PRICE AND PAYMENT: $50.00 pre-registration. Yes, only $50.00 for 3 hours of training and a night of shooting. For a $10 donation you can get some grub and drinks! If you do not plan on donating for food and drinks I recommend you bring something.

For those paying day of, it will be $60.00 for the class.

You can pay directly to: Calguns.SDChapter@gmail.com via PayPal OR pay directly at Wilde Built Tactical in La Mesa OR schedule to meet with me in person (likely at Wilde Built). Cash or MO. Receipts can be provided.

WHAT TO BRING: Clear and sober mind, ability to learn and have fun. Carbine (semi auto modern), 100 rounds of ammo, extra mags (loaners will be avail inquire within), jacket, comfortable shoes, comfortable pants/shorts, maybe some gloves. Targets if you plan to shoot after lesson.

OPTIONAL: extra ammo to shoot through the night, cleaning supplies, cupcakes for me, spare targets for yourself.

If time permits we will also go over current legislation and how you can get involved with contact info. Please understand the focus of this event is the training and that there may be people who have never handled a rifle. That is the point of this event. It is to not only offer a refresher or help you become better at what you may know in a professional environment but to also open the sport to new shooters. We ask you all be understanding and help encourage participation while being patient with those who may be unfamiliar and new. This is our community and keeping it growing is the goal!

STAY TUNED FOR UPDATES AND ASK ANY QUESTIONS YOU MAY HAVE (There will be a few prizes....shhhhh)

A Very special thanks to the following for helping to make these events possible:

THE BULLET POINTS

WILDE BUILT TACTICAL IN LA MESA CALIFORNIA

OUR VERY OWN VICK (Can'thavenuthingood) @ GUNSR4.US

DEFENSE WORX - CALIFORNIA

Zombie Industries - California

Last edited by Manpants; 02-03-2014 at 7:09 PM..
Old 02-10-2014, 10:09 AM

Can I do this with a rifle as opposed to a carbine? with an 18" barrel its a bit heavy, but I don't mind....
Old 02-10-2014, 10:11 AM

You sure can!