Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > VENDORS > Turner's Outdoorsman
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-17-2012, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeylice View Post
stitchnicklas, everyone who has ever looked at this board knows you dislike Turners. Why don't you give some insight or advice into how they can improve instead of just saying "Turners sucks" in every single thread?
The solution is simple: hire more staff, filter customers better. Turners used to be the only game in town, so I used to site with them in these threads because I didn't know any better, but I just bought a rifle from a new shop down the street from me, and OMG what a difference. At one point there were about 15 people in the store, three DROS occurring simultaneously and another 3-5 people handling guns at the same time. They only had three employees in the shop. They processed about 8 DROS during the two hours or so I was there BSing with the guys. I was first approached by a salesman within 3 minutes of stepping inside the store, and they came back to me frequently to chat when there were fewer people in the store. My processing took about 30 mins total.

By contrast, the very next day I was at Turner's, about 20 people there, and 5 employees behind the counter. Max simultaneous DROS was two the entire time I was there, and maybe two people handling firearms simultaneously. I butted in with my patented method and got helped pretty quickly, but a guy that was already there when I walked in was still standing there waiting to be helped when I left 1.5 hours later. Oh, and I didn't do any BSing, so that entire 1.5 hours was them processing my paperwork. I don't think they processed more than 4 DROS total the entire time I was there.

Now for the kicker: the new shop's pricing is a few dollars higher than Turner's SALE PRICES. Watch and learn Turner's, or you're gonna eat S and die real quick in my area. I'll still buy ammo at Turner's (for now, their selection and pricing get worse every time I'm there), but unless this other guy can't get it I'll be buying all my guns from him from now on.
Originally Posted by stix213
I'll worry about Hannibal Lecter having too many rights when the rest of us get ours in the first place.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Dave View Post
Any American who isn't on a government watch list should be ashamed of themselves.
Old 04-18-2012, 1:41 AM

havent had a problem at the corona store, except for the fact that when the wolf wpa ammo was on sale...they got the pallet but apparently was understaffed to unload it and throw it in the racks
Old 04-18-2012, 1:27 PM

vote with your money. if you don't like a company's service, reps or whatever, take your business elsewhere.

if you say, "well, turners is cheaper than XXXXX" and you give Turners your business, then that is called opportunity cost.

sure turners gets busy but other than that i have no beef. if i go at certain times of the day it is a ghost town.
Old 04-19-2012, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drifter2be View Post
To the OP. Guess what, its a forum, people are going to leave feedback, positive OR negative. If YOU don't like it, stop coming in here and reading the threads? Sometimes people check these threads looking for people's opinions of a business, to decide if it's worth spending their money with that business. Turner's has pissed off a lot of people, myself included multiple times in the past 3 months, and guess what, some of these people decided to post about it/let others know what kind of service was delivered.

Take a bit of your own advice, STOP CRYING, and stop reading complaint threads, especially when the title of the complaint thread is ALWAYS a dead giveaway to the content.
+1
Not sure why this thread is in the Turners forum lol. The so called people crying are in this appropriate part of the forum to voice their experiences and opinions with this company as it should whether good or bad. It's not like they are posting these in the rifle, handgun or other sections of the forum. These Turners related threads are appropriately in the Turners section.
Some folks here are hardcore Turners kool aid drinkers I think.
Old 04-19-2012, 5:46 AM
Made in the USA
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Location: Free in AZ!!! yes, it's worth the Pain to make it happen!

^^^koolaid drinkers???

Because many people have had positive experiences and don't jump on the slam wagon, they must be drinkin the koolaid huh... I guess we should hang out with the cool kids and complain that we had to wait for something or weren't more important than another person getting service...

You call satisfied customers koolaid drinkers - I call the whiners bandwagoners

ETA: by the way, when you read someone complementing Turners, that's regarding a particular store... I've mentioned signal hills deficiencies but also mention norwalk's great service... so its not a "Turner's" fanboi issue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epaphroditus View Post
It only has as much power as you give it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBDamned
I know some things about a lot of things - and a lot of things about some things - but I don't know everything about anything
Quote:
Originally Posted by WartHog View Post
GET OFF MY CACTUS!
-----------------------------
"RIGHT POWER!"
http://i1329.photobucket.com/albums/w558/LBDamneds/Misc/III_zpsofbisb36.jpg

Last edited by LBDamned; 04-19-2012 at 5:50 AM..
Old 04-19-2012, 6:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoutxkastx View Post
I can understand why you dislike Turners and nothing wrong with that. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and its really hard to please everybody. This is a public forum and as important as the 2nd amendment is here, the 1st amendment is as important. Wouldn't it benefit everyone instead of saying Turners sucks, to give suggestions on what Turner's can do to help improve service. The more we voice our concerns on how to improve Turner's, in turn the powers that be at corporate will act on it. It's a process and with any change, can take time.
well, to be fair, it is not our job to improve a place. It is up to turner's to come up with new processes and procedures that fit in their environment, that they can live with, that also improve customers' perception of the operation.

Also, can you give at least ONE example of Turner's taking the suggestion of someone in this forum, and improving the global operation as a result? If not, we are just hoping that turner's cares enough to read them, as opposed to actually helping them.
Old 04-19-2012, 6:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBDamned View Post
^^^koolaid drinkers???

Because many people have had positive experiences and don't jump on the slam wagon, they must be drinkin the koolaid huh... I guess we should hang out with the cool kids and complain that we had to wait for something or weren't more important than another person getting service...

You call satisfied customers koolaid drinkers - I call the whiners bandwagoners

ETA: by the way, when you read someone complementing Turners, that's regarding a particular store... I've mentioned signal hills deficiencies but also mention norwalk's great service... so its not a "Turner's" fanboi issue.
Most of the reason I speak up in defense of Turners (when I do) is because of THIS. It really irks me when people slam the entire organization because of bad experiences at particular stores.
Old 04-19-2012, 6:40 AM

I've bought from their Pasadena store twice. Both experiences were smooth and they were courteous. I would buy again (as long as its on sale).
Old 04-19-2012, 9:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeylice View Post
Most of the reason I speak up in defense of Turners (when I do) is because of THIS. It really irks me when people slam the entire organization because of bad experiences at particular stores.

Perhaps in some cases, a gross characterization based on one experience isn't fair. But, there are some instances where it is actually their warehouse and other operations are mostly at fault, and the locals didn't catch it.

Seems to me that any opinion, good or bad, is fine.

As to your particular comment, I rarely see anyone complaining that a good experience in a local store is being mischaracterized as being global goodness(where really, the goodness was just the one store), so I think both are fair.
Old 04-19-2012, 9:26 AM
I need a LIFE!!

I agree, if people don't like the service there they should not shop there. I had problems with the way Targetmasters up here does business, so I don't shop there.

OTOH, I see no problem with people voicing their complaints online. It's called "word of mouth" but sometimes the complaints do get a bit... over the top.

Quote:
Originally Posted by navycorpsman View Post
I understand that people have little gripes here or there and while i agree with the complaints of people getting diff. serial number guns from warehouse the other complainers about waiting an hour on a saturday and that the employees are rude etc... Just quit *****ing and crying. I have been to a few turners and can say that they handle the amount of people they get the best they can. They are the biggest gun seller in CA i mean what do you expect them to do. YOUR GONNA HAVE TO WAIT LIKE EVERYONE ELSE.

Now on to people that complain of service. While I was standing in torrance yesterday 2 customers were crying and complaining because they felt that salesman was disrespectful for correcting there misinformation about guns. I like how people buy there first gun and overnight they think they are experts and can come in and tell other people whats right and wrong and everything about a gun. I mean if you want to hold a sigpro 2022 in .40 and they dont have any and bring you the 9mm to get a fell GUess whats its the SAME damn gun. Dont cry about weight difference because your not loading it in store where you can see.

I really like the torrance store. They have knowledgeable sales people and try there hardest to always help out. Again dont ***** about waiting, if you dont want to wait to long. go to martin B retting or something where they are over priced and dont care about you either.

Instead of crying go to another store if your not happy.

Just my opinion. GUESS what we live in CALIFORNIA where DROS and paperwork have to be spot on to protect you and the seller so just relax everyone.

Have a nice day

If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face — forever.

Government Official Lies
. F r e e d o m . D i e s .
Old 04-22-2012, 10:38 PM

Just my 2 cents for those looking to find info on recent turner's experiences....If, as NavyCorpsMan points out, they are "the biggest gunseller in CA", then I would hope they have adequate staff to address that demand.

I was in two different Turner's today, the Covina store for a PPT and the Reseda store. This was my first visit to a Turner's and had no preconceived biases. The PPT took about an hour and fifteen minutes, with long periods waiting for the manager who was helping us, to have the time to focus on the task at hand. I felt he was doing his best, but he was certainly being pulled in many different directions at once.

One would hope that if they are in fact the biggest gunseller in CA, they would staff accordingly. Having only two people behind the counter with at least 12 people waiting for help - knowing that gun buying paperwork does indeed take time - seems to me a bit shortsighted.

At both stores, everything seemed to move at glacial speeds, mostly because there simply weren't enough staff behind the counter. At Reseda I walked in around 3:40pm and pulled #78 and the 'now serving' sign was at 66. After 45 minutes, they were 'now serving' #68. Granted a LARGE portion of this was due to the brain 'power' of the customers - one guy wanted to spew on and on about how he and the clerk went to the same high school, and the other guy who answered yes when asked if he was a US resident but then on his form also answered yes to being a resident alien - as a couple of examples.

So obviously, all of this can't be blamed on Turners, however, it does seem evident that having more staff on hand - especially on the weekends - could help swing things in their favor.

ps - my only other PPT experience was at Ammo Bros, which took about 25 mins (again on a saturday), mostly because I believe they had adequate staff on hand to get it done.

Of course, YMMV.
Old 04-23-2012, 7:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreydecay View Post
Just my 2 cents for those looking to find info on recent turner's experiences....If, as NavyCorpsMan points out, they are "the biggest gunseller in CA"
that's a myth... it's been proven wrong by other posts in this forum...

reseda is the worst store due to many factors that been discussed by others here before.

"I want the truth! - You can't handle the truth!" -A Few Good Men (1992)
Old 04-27-2012, 12:51 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SemperFlexibus View Post
that's a myth... it's been proven wrong by other posts in this forum...
PM sent ....

22 Stores Located throughout California-

Chino Hills | Corona | El Cajon | Fountain Valley
Kearny Mesa | Lake Forest | Norwalk | Orange
Oxnard | Pasadena | Rancho Cucamonga | Reseda
San Bernardino | San Marcos | Signal Hill
Temecula | Torrance | Victorville | West Covina

Salinas (NOW OPEN)
Palmdale (NOW OPEN)
Fresno (Opening 2018)

Store Location Info

Our Weekly Ad

Join our e-mail list!
Old 04-30-2012, 7:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turner's Outdoorsman View Post
PM sent ....
great PM, suggested Turner's posts the same PM in their forum to put some of these issues/myths to rest once and for all..

"I want the truth! - You can't handle the truth!" -A Few Good Men (1992)
Old 04-30-2012, 8:46 AM

I don't cry about Turner's service.
I just don't go there anymore.
They earned my business before but they lost it many times.
My spending money over there is insignificant.
However, I will make sure that they won't be profited from me or my friends in anyway possible.

.02 cents
01001001011001100010000001111001011011110111010100 10000001100011011000010110111000100000011101010110 11100110010001100101011100100010000001110100011010 00011001010111001101100101001000000111010001100101 01111000011101000010110000100000011110010110111101 11010100100000011010000110000101110110011001010010 00000110100001101001011001110110100000100000010010 01010100010010000001100001011100110010000001101101 01100101001011100010000001010000011001010110000101 100011011001010010000000100001
Old 05-04-2012, 8:33 PM

There are just a lot of mama's boys n this forum. The way it is. Sad but true. All want to be first in line and pampered as if they are the chosen golden boy.

Finally, a strangely interesting thread about a gun store trying to make a buck and stay in business. Good grief if you can do better then get started in the business.

Best of luck!

- Aut Pax Aut Bellum - Volunteer LDW
Old 05-05-2012, 2:15 AM
Made in the USA
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Location: Free in AZ!!! yes, it's worth the Pain to make it happen!

^^^ It's quite a bit more dynamic than a "gun store tying to make a buck"...

In fact, so much so that no other vendor (period) spends the amount of time responding to these posts.

It's a catch-22... no response = whaaaa... legit response = whaaa...

Cry bablies all over the entrance of Tunrners - it gets our souls dirty so GTF out of the way!

We have Turners to get to... if "you" don't get it - GTFO!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epaphroditus View Post
It only has as much power as you give it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBDamned
I know some things about a lot of things - and a lot of things about some things - but I don't know everything about anything
Quote:
Originally Posted by WartHog View Post
GET OFF MY CACTUS!
"RIGHT POWER!"
http://i1329.photobucket.com/albums/w558/LBDamneds/Misc/III_zpsofbisb36.jpg
Old 05-05-2012, 9:24 AM

Try to put yourself in their position, See what they have to do on a Daily basis. Really though, Stop the Bit*****. I feel your pain Turner's.
If Marines could get what they needed, when they needed it, we would be happy and wouldn't ready to kill people all of the time. The Marine Corps is like America's Pitbull. They beat us, mistreat us and every once in awhile, they let us out to attack someone.

- Generation Kill
Old 05-05-2012, 11:00 AM

Turners is the biggest gun seller in California? I think the point of being a huge "box store" of any kind is to have the lowest prices. Turners does not. I understand, like "mom and pop" stores who compete against "Walmart like" stores usually provide great customer service to compensate for a higher price. We all know when a store like Turners can purchase 50 guns from a certain manufacturer they get a better price than a single shop that buys 4 or less. The better price that Turners gets for their guns do not seem to translate to the prices displayed on shelf. The sale prices at Turners are equal to or are often higher than many single store front sale prices. Shopping at Walmart is a nightmare but people put up with poor customer service and out of stock issues because of the prices. I visit my local Turners about once a month because I may need a small amount of ammo, targets, or some gun cleaning item and the people there are nice and very friendly. I did two PPT's in one day and spent 15 minutes at Rifle Gear and 2 hours at Turners in Signal Hill. So if the prices are about equal, where do you think I would go for my next purchase? I feel sorry for the people who work at Turners who get a bad rap because of the long lines and poor "internal network", its a tough life being behind any retail counter, but they could justify any gripe from anyone if their prices were the lowest. So, the only reason I would cry and moan like this about Turners is that maybe they would read this and adjust their company strategy accordingly. It seems they have two choices in the modern retail world: lowest prices or best customer service and I don't think they are doing great at either.
Old 05-06-2012, 5:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR-MAN88 View Post
Try to put yourself in their position, See what they have to do on a Daily basis. Really though, Stop the Bit*****. I feel your pain Turner's.
What they have to do? Make money which I'm sure they're doing hand over fist. I could do a lot better, too bad they didn't call me for an interview.
Old 05-15-2012, 8:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchnicklas View Post
everyone loves and defends turners,until they get the shaft 1 time to many.....then you will join the club.
I got the shaft 1 too many times. I am now in that club. Will be driving all the way out to Bass Pro in the 909 in tomorrow to make my next purchase.
Old 05-15-2012, 8:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchnicklas View Post
everyone loves and defends turners,until they get the shaft 1 time to many.....then you will join the club.
I got the shaft 1 too many times. I am now in that club. Will be driving all the way out to Bass Pro in the 909 tomorrow, to make my next purchase.
Old 05-29-2012, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoPJR View Post
also if you don't like the ppt at turners just find another place dude, not a big deal.
I'm sure the clerks at Turners would be happy if you took your PPTs to the local gun range or where ever.
1. Turners loses money on PPT's .( all dealers do because of the amount of paperwork that needs to be done.)
2. Despite the newer faster PPT process it still takes time away form sales and customer service to do one.
3. They truly a pain in the a*s to do.
So go somewhere else and have your PPT done by someone who forgets to do it in the proper way. Yes you might save some time but it is nothing compared to the court time you will spend getting a screwed up PPT corrected after the cops arrest you for having an unregistered gun.