Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #2641  
Old 06-12-2018, 5:27 PM
danny b danny b is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 140
iTrader: 22 / 100%
Default

Anybody have a minor mishap or two to discuss with the CCW deputies & still get approved? Specifically, I had an incident (misdemeanor battery complaint) three years ago which landed me in front of a city attorney, though no charges were ever filed. My official record is spotless. Mine is even more in depth than others as I have zero complaints or actions from a securities trader position, with half a dozen licenses being scrutinized actively, for over two decades. Other than the complaint, I do need to take some meds, buty driving is unrestricted, and my docs will advocate for my approval. Looking for an uplifting story with somewhat parallel type specifics. If not, the truth will suffice

Thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #2642  
Old 06-12-2018, 7:15 PM
Mag+1's Avatar
Mag+1 Mag+1 is offline
To clear, just rack once✔
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
Posts: 389
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Criso View Post
Does anyone know how long an amendmant takes? I’m trying to add a gun. Also do you have to redo your picture and fingerprint too? Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaman View Post
Takes a day or two. Depending on when you submit I’m sure. Yes you take a new picture and no to fingerprint.
Take a look at one of my previous posts on how long it takes. I did it a couple of weeks ago.

...and yes, they do take a fingerprint (both at the certification and at the OCSD).



.
__________________
.

.


.45 ACP. It's like a 9mm, except for grown-ups.
.
Reply With Quote
  #2643  
Old 06-13-2018, 6:58 AM
ssick92's Avatar
ssick92 ssick92 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 65
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by danny b View Post
Anybody have a minor mishap or two to discuss with the CCW deputies & still get approved? Specifically, I had an incident (misdemeanor battery complaint) three years ago which landed me in front of a city attorney, though no charges were ever filed. My official record is spotless. Mine is even more in depth than others as I have zero complaints or actions from a securities trader position, with half a dozen licenses being scrutinized actively, for over two decades. Other than the complaint, I do need to take some meds, buty driving is unrestricted, and my docs will advocate for my approval. Looking for an uplifting story with somewhat parallel type specifics. If not, the truth will suffice

Thanks.
I am not approved yet, so can't give you a definitive answer, but I had an arrest 3 years ago for Drunk in Public, which was later dismissed in court. I was honest about it with the interviewing officer and he said it shouldn't be an issue. Other than that, my record is clean as can be. I guess only time will tell though...

I can't speak to the meds though; the way I understand it you cannot carry a CCW while on any meds that can impair, so if you are required to take them all the time then that may be your bigger issue depending on what they are.
__________________
3%
Reply With Quote
  #2644  
Old 06-13-2018, 3:03 PM
danny b danny b is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 140
iTrader: 22 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssick92 View Post
I am not approved yet, so can't give you a definitive answer, but I had an arrest 3 years ago for Drunk in Public, which was later dismissed in court. I was honest about it with the interviewing officer and he said it shouldn't be an issue. Other than that, my record is clean as can be. I guess only time will tell though...



I can't speak to the meds though; the way I understand it you cannot carry a CCW while on any meds that can impair, so if you are required to take them all the time then that may be your bigger issue depending on what they are.


Thank you.
Reply With Quote
  #2645  
Old 06-13-2018, 5:26 PM
ssick92's Avatar
ssick92 ssick92 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 65
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

So I have some good news for OC applicants... The department appears to have accelerated the process significantly - below is my timeline.

Application submitted: 6/2
Initial Interview: 6/5
Live Scan: 6/5
Additional Requested Documentation Uploaded: 6/7
Training: 6/9 - 6/10
Training Certicate Uploaded: 6/11
Permit Approved for Pickup: 6/13

Total of 11 days from application to final approval, with most of the time waiting on me. I am beyond impressed with the process and speed at which everything happened.

For anyone out there hesitating, I'd say just do it. They we're extremely helpful to me and nobody can complain with the process taking only 11 days!


Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
__________________
3%

Last edited by ssick92; 06-13-2018 at 6:26 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #2646  
Old 06-15-2018, 7:16 PM
tuna quesadilla tuna quesadilla is online now
NRA/CRPA/CGN/CGSSA
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Placentia
Posts: 4,002
iTrader: 45 / 100%
Default

So, it looks like we might have a runoff election for Sheriff in November. If Barnes had won >50.0% of the votes in the primary he would have won by default. Right now he's at 49.9% against Duke Nguyen, and slipping as they count more and more votes.

Duke Nguyen is anti-CCW. He says on his website "I am not against CCWs or a citizen’s right to bear arms. However, I do believe that we need to have a strong and transparent review process for all whom apply. It does not appear that this has been the case."

Pay close attention to the last line... that's doublespeak for him saying "I want to end OCSD's generous shall-issue policy". He worked for LA County for pete's sake, so it's not hard to tell where he stands.

What do we think of Nguyen's chances in November? Are we pretty ****ed if he gets into a run-off against Barnes? If Nguyen wins, does he have the authority to revoke everyone's CCW if he sees fit?
Reply With Quote
  #2647  
Old 06-16-2018, 7:50 AM
Big Jake's Avatar
Big Jake Big Jake is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: In rebel held territory. Long live the Confederacy!
Posts: 12,677
iTrader: 6 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuna quesadilla View Post
So, it looks like we might have a runoff election for Sheriff in November. If Barnes had won >50.0% of the votes in the primary he would have won by default. Right now he's at 49.9% against Duke Nguyen, and slipping as they count more and more votes.

Duke Nguyen is anti-CCW. He says on his website "I am not against CCWs or a citizen’s right to bear arms. However, I do believe that we need to have a strong and transparent review process for all whom apply. It does not appear that this has been the case."

Pay close attention to the last line... that's doublespeak for him saying "I want to end OCSD's generous shall-issue policy". He worked for LA County for pete's sake, so it's not hard to tell where he stands.

What do we think of Nguyen's chances in November? Are we pretty ****ed if he gets into a run-off against Barnes? If Nguyen wins, does he have the authority to revoke everyone's CCW if he sees fit?
Even if there is a run off election Barnes is ahead of Nguyen by a significant margin so I would not worry too much. Barnes WILL beat Nguyen in any run off IMO!
__________________
"Here I Come Again Now Baby, Like A Dog In Heat" - Ted Nugent!
"The Unarmed Man Is Not Just Defensless, He Is Also Contemptable" - Machiavelli!
"Politics Is The Second Oldest Profession. It Bears A Strong Resemblence To The First" - Ronald Reagan!
"Life Is Hard. Its Harder When You're Stupid"-John Wayne!
"Liberalism Is A Mental Disorder"-Michael Savage!
Reply With Quote
  #2648  
Old 06-16-2018, 7:51 AM
tuna quesadilla tuna quesadilla is online now
NRA/CRPA/CGN/CGSSA
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Placentia
Posts: 4,002
iTrader: 45 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Jake View Post
Even if there is a run off election Barnes is ahead of Nguyen by a significant margin so I would not worry too much. Barnes WILL beat Nguyen in any run off IMO!
I sure hope you're right! A lot of people seem to dislike him over some of the small scandals that have happened in OCSD.
Reply With Quote
  #2649  
Old 06-16-2018, 8:52 AM
Big Jake's Avatar
Big Jake Big Jake is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: In rebel held territory. Long live the Confederacy!
Posts: 12,677
iTrader: 6 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuna quesadilla View Post
I sure hope you're right! A lot of people seem to dislike him over some of the small scandals that have happened in OCSD.
Last time I looked Barnes was up over double the amount of votes that Nguyen had. That was before the election on the 5th, however, it was still quite significant. Let us hope that when the final vote count is in Barnes is over 50% and its a done deal!
__________________
"Here I Come Again Now Baby, Like A Dog In Heat" - Ted Nugent!
"The Unarmed Man Is Not Just Defensless, He Is Also Contemptable" - Machiavelli!
"Politics Is The Second Oldest Profession. It Bears A Strong Resemblence To The First" - Ronald Reagan!
"Life Is Hard. Its Harder When You're Stupid"-John Wayne!
"Liberalism Is A Mental Disorder"-Michael Savage!
Reply With Quote
  #2650  
Old 06-16-2018, 1:12 PM
Yodaman Yodaman is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 498
iTrader: 20 / 100%
Default

Recent check shows they still have 43,275 votes to count.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #2651  
Old 06-20-2018, 10:56 AM
Chewy65 Chewy65 is online now
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 3,142
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

So where its the vote count stand on the election for sheriff?
Reply With Quote
  #2652  
Old 06-20-2018, 11:26 AM
Yodaman Yodaman is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 498
iTrader: 20 / 100%
Default

As if today. Barnes is at 49.6 percent and Ngyun at 30.9 percent.

Harrington is at 19.4


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #2653  
Old 06-20-2018, 11:27 AM
Yodaman Yodaman is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 498
iTrader: 20 / 100%
Default

26,000 ballots left to count


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #2654  
Old 06-20-2018, 12:38 PM
ssick92's Avatar
ssick92 ssick92 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 65
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaman View Post
As if today. Barnes is at 49.6 percent and Ngyun at 30.9 percent.

Harrington is at 19.4


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well even if Barnes doesn't win outright, it's pretty safe to say that the Harrington voters will be voting for Barnes in the runoff. I voted for Harrington, mostly because of his stance on Shall Issue CCW permits. I will be voting for Barnes in a runoff if it comes to that.

I'm not too worried about this one... The Governor race is where we're screwed.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
__________________
3%
Reply With Quote
  #2655  
Old 06-20-2018, 3:06 PM
Big Jake's Avatar
Big Jake Big Jake is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: In rebel held territory. Long live the Confederacy!
Posts: 12,677
iTrader: 6 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssick92 View Post
Well even if Barnes doesn't win outright, it's pretty safe to say that the Harrington voters will be voting for Barnes in the runoff. I voted for Harrington, mostly because of his stance on Shall Issue CCW permits. I will be voting for Barnes in a runoff if it comes to that.

I'm not too worried about this one... The Governor race is where we're screwed.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
You should have voted for Barnes. He is the one that set up the current CCW unit as it exists today. It should be obvious to even the most mentally challenged among us (nothing personal!) that Barnes is pro CCW as evidenced by the existing 96% approval rate for CCW issuance in Orange County. A vote for Harrington (Who has ZERO chance of winning!) will result in a runoff election for a man who is obviously pro CCW. Just sayin!

Yes, I am aware that everyone has the right to vote for whom they choose. That said, you wasted your vote IMO. Just sayin!!!
__________________
"Here I Come Again Now Baby, Like A Dog In Heat" - Ted Nugent!
"The Unarmed Man Is Not Just Defensless, He Is Also Contemptable" - Machiavelli!
"Politics Is The Second Oldest Profession. It Bears A Strong Resemblence To The First" - Ronald Reagan!
"Life Is Hard. Its Harder When You're Stupid"-John Wayne!
"Liberalism Is A Mental Disorder"-Michael Savage!
Reply With Quote
  #2656  
Old 06-20-2018, 4:33 PM
ssick92's Avatar
ssick92 ssick92 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 65
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Jake View Post
You should have voted for Barnes. He is the one that set up the current CCW unit as it exists today. It should be obvious to even the most mentally challenged among us (nothing personal!) that Barnes is pro CCW as evidenced by the existing 96% approval rate for CCW issuance in Orange County. A vote for Harrington (Who has ZERO chance of winning!) will result in a runoff election for a man who is obviously pro CCW. Just sayin!

Yes, I am aware that everyone has the right to vote for whom they choose. That said, you wasted your vote IMO. Just sayin!!!
I don't vote that way. I vote for who I think is the best candidate. I understand Barnes has done some great things, and is mostly responsible for the policy that allows me to have my CCW now, but I still don't think it's far enough. I shouldn't have to prove that I need good cause at all.

I also voted for Travis Allen, and I don't consider that a wasted vote either. Some may disagree but I will always vote for who I want to win, not who I think is going to win.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
__________________
3%
Reply With Quote
  #2657  
Old 06-20-2018, 5:16 PM
Yodaman Yodaman is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 498
iTrader: 20 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssick92 View Post
I don't vote that way. I vote for who I think is the best candidate. I understand Barnes has done some great things, and is mostly responsible for the policy that allows me to have my CCW now, but I still don't think it's far enough. I shouldn't have to prove that I need good cause at all.

I also voted for Travis Allen, and I don't consider that a wasted vote either. Some may disagree but I will always vote for who I want to win, not who I think is going to win.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk


“Good cause” is something that is regulated in the Penal Code. A sheriff cannot make it shall issue. That is at the state level. Barnes has gotten OCSD as close to shall issue as possible. 96% approval as mentioned.

Harrington should have known that already. And if he did, he should have said that in his campaign.

Go team Barnes!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #2658  
Old 06-20-2018, 9:29 PM
tuna quesadilla tuna quesadilla is online now
NRA/CRPA/CGN/CGSSA
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Placentia
Posts: 4,002
iTrader: 45 / 100%
Default

I didn’t mean to take this thread off the rails! I was just a little uneasy upon seeing that Duke Nguyen is against CCW permits.

Let’s all make sure to vote Barnes in November.
Reply With Quote
  #2659  
Old 06-20-2018, 9:37 PM
Killer Bee's Avatar
Killer Bee Killer Bee is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Unoccupied Westminster
Posts: 1,356
iTrader: 50 / 100%
Default

as far as I'm concerned, welcome information and completely relevant to topic, thank y'all for the updates!

btw, picked up my renewal last week, in n out less than 15 minutes, that crew's running like a well oiled machine..
__________________
I started out with nothing - and I still have most of it

Reply With Quote
  #2660  
Old 06-21-2018, 5:24 AM
Big Jake's Avatar
Big Jake Big Jake is offline
I need a LIFE!!
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: In rebel held territory. Long live the Confederacy!
Posts: 12,677
iTrader: 6 / 100%
Default

[QUOTE=Yodaman;21786329]“Good cause” is something that is regulated in the Penal Code. A sheriff cannot make it shall issue. That is at the state level. Barnes has gotten OCSD as close to shall issue as possible. 96% approval as mentioned.

Harrington should have known that already. And if he did, he should have said that in his campaign.

Go team Barnes!

1000% true!!!

At the Costa Mesa gun show I spoke with Barnes and he explained this exact same thing to me. The California AG is informing all agencies that "Personal Protection" will no longer fly for a GC statement. An applicant must articulate something. You can expect to see those changes made state wide for those agencies that now issue for PP. The IA cannot decide to go shall issue as state law does not allow for this. There must be a GC statement. It can be anything the IA wants but there must be something beyond PP. Those who take the time to inform themselves of this would already know that!!!!!!!

Barnes is the best candidate for the job for many other reasons besides his stance on CCW. A vote for any other candidate is a waste of a vote!

Barnes WILL win in a runoff but it would be nice if it did not have to happen and he received more than 50% of the vote!
__________________
"Here I Come Again Now Baby, Like A Dog In Heat" - Ted Nugent!
"The Unarmed Man Is Not Just Defensless, He Is Also Contemptable" - Machiavelli!
"Politics Is The Second Oldest Profession. It Bears A Strong Resemblence To The First" - Ronald Reagan!
"Life Is Hard. Its Harder When You're Stupid"-John Wayne!
"Liberalism Is A Mental Disorder"-Michael Savage!
Reply With Quote
  #2661  
Old 06-21-2018, 6:59 AM
Yodaman Yodaman is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 498
iTrader: 20 / 100%
Default

Barnes is at 49.5% as of today


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 6:07 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2018, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.
Calguns.net and The Calguns Foundation have no affiliation and are in no way related to each other.
All opinions, statements and remarks made by Calguns.net on this web site and elsewhere are solely attributable to Calguns.net.