Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CALIFORNIA SHOOTING CLUBS AND ORGANIZATIONS > Gays With Guns
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Gays With Guns Helping anyone learn responsible and safe use of firearms and promoting the repeal of all anti-gun laws

Old 07-12-2017, 4:08 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Default An open question to my gay brothers here.

Ok somebodies got to post up in here.

Gay Calgunners.

What are we working with here?

Meaning....if'n you had to guess....what percentage of the gay populace is "gun friendly" or more specifically owns a firearm?

I know it's a guess.....but whats YOUR guess?

10%?

20%

More? Less?

And what can WE as Calgunners do to help change that?

I remember a thread a little while back.....someone had made a poster.....about gays with guns fighting back or something like that. I recall offering to print up some posters...( I own a printing company) and someone should go hit West Hollywood, DT Long Beach, known areas with a solid gay community and start plastering these up on bustop benches and walls, etc. But I never got any response as I recall.

You know...... post em up shepard fairey (Obey) style.

If the message is subtle.....seeing it over and over might just start to desensitize people to guns?

I don't know.....it's the only idea I've come up with.

Any other ideas?
Old 07-12-2017, 5:15 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

While we're at it we should be advertising this forum as it's looking like I might be the only Gay here! Ha.

https://www.meetup.com/Gays-With-Guns/ ||| http://www.calguns.net/gayswithguns ||| http://www.gayswithguns.net

Unless otherwise stated the contents of this post are neither an official statement from or the official position of GaysWithGuns.
Old 07-12-2017, 8:03 PM

Naw, I just don't play politics and identity.
I like girls, I like boys, I like guns.

I promote 2a wherever and to whover will listen.
Nuff said
Old 07-12-2017, 10:13 PM

No idea what the percentage is, but I'm guessing lower than the percentage of straight gun enthusiasts among men. I used to hang out with quite a few gays, friends of ex girlfriends, very few were gun enthusiasts but most were relatively 2A friendly and possibly more 2A friendly than the non-gun straights. I assume it's because they generally believe in freedom more than straights and that spills over to guns even among those that aren't into guns, my speculation. I currently only hang out with 2 gay guys, a couple, and both are into guns and they join me on about 1/2 my outings.

Among women I'd guess they're about equal between gay and straight gun enthusiasts, maybe a higher percentage on the gay side. In my experience there are more anti-gun women than men, but among the women the gays seem to be less anti-gun.
Old 07-12-2017, 10:34 PM
I LOVE GUNS!
CGN Contributor

I really admire the Pink Pistol folks. The importance of their outreach deserves all of our support. Liberty for all.
Old 07-12-2017, 10:39 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RestrictedColt View Post
No idea what the percentage is, but I'm guessing lower than the percentage of straight gun enthusiasts among men. I used to hang out with quite a few gays, friends of ex girlfriends, very few were gun enthusiasts but most were relatively 2A friendly and possibly more 2A friendly than the non-gun straights. I assume it's because they generally believe in freedom more than straights and that spills over to guns even among those that aren't into guns, my speculation. I currently only hang out with 2 gay guys, a couple, and both are into guns and they join me on about 1/2 my outings.

Among women I'd guess they're about equal between gay and straight gun enthusiasts, maybe a higher percentage on the gay side. In my experience there are more anti-gun women than men, but among the women the gays seem to be less anti-gun.
In my experience/ groups of friends all the guys would be down for going to the range and most women would be open to at least try it. Usually it's the lesbians that have a little more fun than straight women, not being scared of recoil. But that's just my small group.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spitune2013 View Post
Unban me from the marketplace moderators, pretty one sided **** show yall are putting on over here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphoria526 View Post
I'm so awesome, I think I'll quote myself
Old 07-12-2017, 11:03 PM
Calguns Addict

No clue what the percentage is. I'm straight, but my gay son owns a couple of guns. But, he's was raised around guns and earned both rifle and shotgun merit badges when he was in Scouts.

NRA Life Member
CRPA Life Member
NRA Certified Instructor
Old 07-13-2017, 11:11 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

The sisters are here too, @TurboChrisB. Most of my friends (male or female) are not interested in guns, although a couple admit to being intrigued. I intend to take them out shooting and see if I can convert them.
Old 07-13-2017, 11:23 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Location: You can not protect the 1st Amendment without the 2nd Amendment........

I have a lesbian couple I count as good friends.
For some reason, one of them knew I was a gun guy and she thinks it's really cool, while her partner (Beth) had no idea.
Once at our favorite watering hole, they invited their lesbian friend Nancy to join us. Beth was floored to learn Nancy was an avid gun girl. So was I, lol.
You just never know.
Old 07-13-2017, 3:30 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron-Solo View Post
No clue what the percentage is. I'm straight, but my gay son owns a couple of guns.
My oldest brother was gay and when he died I inherited nothing but quality guns from him. Colt AR, Colt Python, Benelli Shotgun, S&W 686, .270 Deer Rifle. He had great taste.

Quote:
Originally Posted by valleyM View Post
The sisters are here too, @TurboChrisB. Most of my friends (male or female) are not interested in guns, although a couple admit to being intrigued. I intend to take them out shooting and see if I can convert them.
Old 07-13-2017, 4:29 PM

Not gay myself but one of the ten plus people I have taught to shoot is a lesbian. or maybe more gay flexible.... Im sketchy on the details.

She also has done well with the recoil, more so than most of the straight females I have taught to shoot.

I have found that there is a deliberate method to getting people interested. Get in their head, they feel timid, inexperienced and nervous. I rarely choose to talk TO a non shooter about shooting, instead I talk ABOUT shooting in front of non shooters, I talk about how much fun I had on the range, anything that makes it appealing. eventually they start asking questions, if they express concerns or worries I validate it and then expand with my experience, I make it as un pressured as is possible.

If I get anything that seems responsive I offer to take them, and I make sure they know I will make them thoroughly ready before I bring them on a live fire, that shooting with me will be a pressure free, fun experience. Ive gotten a whole lot of success this way.

Far as experience level... with the exception of the card carrying (extreme) lefty crowd most of the gay or bi sexual individuals I have known either have some experience with firearms or are open to it (a list that includes probably 10 or more people)
Old 07-14-2017, 5:10 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I started getting to be a decent rifle shot myself with Appleseed. First rate training and cheap --I think most people can go from never having picked up a rifle to a decent group by EOD. Can't say enough good about them.

https://www.meetup.com/Gays-With-Guns/ ||| http://www.calguns.net/gayswithguns ||| http://www.gayswithguns.net

Unless otherwise stated the contents of this post are neither an official statement from or the official position of GaysWithGuns.
Old 07-16-2017, 6:56 PM

Why does orientation matter? If that kind of thing mattered calguns should have a whites with guns section, bikers with guns section, quilters with guns section, pets with guns section, where does it end? I don't care if someone is gay or not, what u shove up your as is your own business. I'm even glad gays have the right to get married and be as miserable as the the rest of us .... but like the parade why does there have to be a special exception for a group. Shooting sports encompass everyone.

Last edited by twomanattact; 07-16-2017 at 7:01 PM..
Old 07-16-2017, 7:34 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by twomanattact View Post
Why does orientation matter? If that kind of thing mattered calguns should have a whites with guns section, bikers with guns section, quilters with guns section, pets with guns section, where does it end? I don't care if someone is gay or not, what u shove up your as is your own business. I'm even glad gays have the right to get married and be as miserable as the the rest of us .... but like the parade why does there have to be a special exception for a group. Shooting sports encompass everyone.
I would agree. However sadly we do not live in THAT world you describe with people that have an evolved mindset such as yourself.

It's this way because gays are still discriminated against. Pets, and quilters and bikers, as a whole, are not usually beaten and bashed sidelined and marginalized. Or killed. It's this way because of Pulse. Where..... (do I need to say this?) LGBTs were targeted not because they had pets or quilted or rode bikes. It's this way because LGBT have been so poisoned with the Liberal mindset that they've forgotten it's up themselves to protect themselves. No... in fact most are afraid of guns and think the cops will come in time.

I would agree on the Parade too. I'm not a big rainbow flag waving parade goer myself --however what those darn, over the top, parades did do was help show the masses of LGBT --Power in numbers. And THAT was highly instrumental in the evolution of equal rights. As far as I am concerned we should toss all the labels out. Or have a Straight parade too.. get all those big corporations behind it because they see another opportunity to drink and party and sell shyt.

So any way that I (or MOST 2A constitution loving Americans) can get more PEOPLE (Straight, Gay, Black, Red, Yellow, Purple, Orange, Pets and Dinosaurs and Unicorns) educated about the 2A and why it's even more important today --then who cares how it happens. If it upsets you --don think about it and just know SOME of us are fighting the good fight the best way we know how.

Thanks for taking the time to post.

Last edited by GayGuns; 07-16-2017 at 8:36 PM..
Old 07-16-2017, 7:44 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carries an axe View Post
Naw, I just don't play politics and identity.
I like girls, I like boys, I like guns.

I promote 2a wherever and to whover will listen.
Nuff said
Preach on brah.
Playing for both teams has literally nothing to do with my love of guns and trying to spread the good word of our savior JMB.

Last edited by C.W.M.V.; 07-17-2017 at 3:34 AM..
Old 07-16-2017, 8:08 PM
CGSSA OC Chapter Leader

I'd bet a VERY low percentage of gays are into guns. I'll bet it's pretty close to the number of women into guns (single digits of percentage)
Old 07-26-2017, 9:29 AM

What is cool about this forum is that most of the people posting are not gay. I am glad that there is more acceptance than stupidity.
Old 07-26-2017, 12:24 PM
Veteran Member

Beats the hell out of Arfcom that way lol.
Old 08-02-2017, 10:36 PM

i don't have a lot of gay friends so I can't speak for them, but the percentage of 2A friendly queers I know (those are the letters after L&G in LGBT) is pretty high.

we also don't go around advertising ourselves terribly much because then we get a raft of **** from homophobic right wingers *and* anti-gun liberals.