Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CALGUNS.NET > New to Calguns? Check here first!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

New to Calguns? Check here first! Introductions, How to's, FAQ's and posts of interest to new members.

Old 02-03-2012, 8:48 AM
✰ Sometimes I Fly Armed
CGN Contributor

Location: This information has been redacted in accordance with Title 18 U.S. Code § 798

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tant01 View Post
Warm greetings from the mouth of the Mad River! I'm Ray. Looking forward to picking the brains here. Been researching various AR-10 platforms recently and it's blowing my mind (and budget). Hope to own a big black gun soon.

Thanks for having me and I look forward to learning more and making new friends.
Ray,

Welcome to CGN! looks like you picked up the BRD (Black Rifle Disease) also.
The only cure is $$$ and a trip to the centerfire rifle section. Glad to have you aboard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWalt View Post
I joined this site because after reading about how Calguns is fighting for our 2A rights in a manner other than just lobbying and pandering to legislators. They are getting the job done in the courts by picking their fights wisely and I believe it is the right approach. But I've been reading all over this site but yet to come to a good answer to "Who is a Calgun member". Obviously the Board of Directors, Regional Directors, etc are members. But Junior member? How does one get the title of "senior member"? Based on how much time you have been in the forum? Volunteerism? From reading the donate page it seems you get to add "contributor" to your posts, but does that make you a member?? Are there dues to be a full fledged member or is a member of Calguns just someone who signed up for this forum? If its just who ever signs up to be on the forum is a member, I suppose any member of the Brady Campaign or any anti gun group can sign up and say they are a member. Just very curious.
SWalt,

Welcome! You're very sagacious.

The different members you see under each handle are base on # of posts, pure and simple.
Juniors are 0-99
Member is 100-499
senior member is 500-2499
veteran member 2500 -4999
calguns addict 5000-9999
i need a life is 10000+
Be warned as number of posts doesn't always equate to quality of posts.

Contributors are those that have decided to contribute ($) to Calguns (CGN) and receive "contributor privileges" (you can find out more about that here)

It is true, everyone can sign up to be a member, brady or otherwise.

However, many of the legal actions taken to overturn frivolous, archaic, and capricious laws are taken up by the Calguns Foundation (CGF) which is operated separately.

Hope that helps.

-------
Old 02-03-2012, 8:57 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubermcoupe View Post

SWalt,

Welcome! You're very sagacious.

The different members you see under each handle are base on # of posts, pure and simple.
Juniors are 0-99
Member is 100-499
senior member is 500-2499
veteran member 2500 -4999
calguns addict 5000-9999
i need a life is 10000+
Be warned as number of posts doesn't always equate to quality of posts.

Contributors are those that have decided to contribute ($) to Calguns (CGN) and receive "contributor privileges" (you can find out more about that here)

It is true, everyone can sign up to be a member, brady or otherwise.

However, many of the legal actions taken to overturn frivolous, archaic, and capricious laws are taken up by the Calguns Foundation (CGF) which is operated separately.

Hope that helps.
It does and thanks!

NRA Patron Member
CRPA 5 yr Member

"...which from their verbosity, their endless tautologies, their involutions of case within case, and parenthesis within parenthesis, and their multiplied efforts at certainty by saids and aforesaids, by ors and by ands, to make them more plain, do really render them more perplexed and incomprehensible, not only to common readers, but to lawyers themselves. " - Thomas Jefferson
Old 02-03-2012, 9:07 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWalt View Post
I joined this site because after reading about how Calguns is fighting for our 2A rights in a manner other than just lobbying and pandering to legislators. They are getting the job done in the courts by picking their fights wisely and I believe it is the right approach. But I've been reading all over this site but yet to come to a good answer to "Who is a Calgun member". Obviously the Board of Directors, Regional Directors, etc are members. But Junior member? How does one get the title of "senior member"? Based on how much time you have been in the forum? Volunteerism? From reading the donate page it seems you get to add "contributor" to your posts, but does that make you a member?? Are there dues to be a full fledged member or is a member of Calguns just someone who signed up for this forum? If its just who ever signs up to be on the forum is a member, I suppose any member of the Brady Campaign or any anti gun group can sign up and say they are a member. Just very curious.
Just to add to Ubermcoupe's post...

Calguns.net (CGN) doesn't have a Board of Directors. It's a private forum owned by Head Janitor, Kestryll. Further, it's not to be confused with The Calguns Foundation (CGF) which is a 501(c)3 non-profit. CGN does have a Board of Directors.

Finally, members of the Brady Campaign and other anti-civil rights groups are welcome to join us and discuss issues. Polite conversation between opposing positions is always encouraged.

Welcome to Calguns.

90% of winning is simply showing up.

"Let's not lose sight of how much we reduced our carbon footprint by telecommuting this protest." 383green

NRA Benefactor Member
Old 02-03-2012, 10:51 AM

Greetings from Central Cali. Thanks for allowing me to be part of this great site.
Old 02-03-2012, 10:55 AM
✰ Sometimes I Fly Armed
CGN Contributor

Location: This information has been redacted in accordance with Title 18 U.S. Code § 798

Quote:
Originally Posted by rb765 View Post
Greetings from Central Cali. Thanks for allowing me to be part of this great site.
Welcome to calguns RB!

-------
Old 02-04-2012, 6:34 PM

Default Hello

Hello all. My name is Tony Mayer and I am from Reno NV. Glad to be a part of this site. I have been shooting and training in firearms for the last 14 years. Hope to learn something and contribute. Thanks
Old 02-04-2012, 6:37 PM

welcome all! ive been around here for some time but my name is chris and i have a problem....a BIIIIIIIIIG problem haha

http://www.socalsubies.com/?referrerid=5243
Old 02-04-2012, 6:55 PM
✰ Sometimes I Fly Armed
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by T Mayer View Post
Hello all. My name is Tony Mayer and I am from Reno NV. Glad to be a part of this site. I have been shooting and training in firearms for the last 14 years. Hope to learn something and contribute. Thanks
Welcome Tony! Always glad to have another Out Of State member here on CGN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drifter001 View Post
welcome all! ive been around here for some time but my name is chris and i have a problem....a BIIIIIIIIIG problem haha
Welcome Chris!

-------
Old 02-04-2012, 7:03 PM

Quote:
Welcome Tony! Always glad to have another Out Of State member here on CGN.

Welcome Chris!
hahaha for some reason i feel like im an an AA meeting haha

Old 02-05-2012, 6:15 AM
✰ Sometimes I Fly Armed
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by drifter001 View Post
hahaha for some reason i feel like im an an AA meeting haha
SHHHHhhhhhHH...

I’m here to curb my “gun” addiction.

-------
Old 02-05-2012, 6:30 AM

Quote:
SHHHHhhhhhHH...

I’m here to curb my “gun” addiction.

hahaha!!! yes thats right! were here to curb our "gun" addictions. words very well put

Old 02-05-2012, 6:52 AM
✰ Sometimes I Fly Armed
CGN Contributor

EDIT:

snipped for secret squirrel status (aren’t you jealous)

-------

Last edited by SantaCabinetguy; 02-05-2012 at 8:34 AM..
Old 02-05-2012, 6:55 AM

Quote:
There’s quite a few members on the boards and you’ll see/hear/read/pick up on some lingo that will tip you off (if you’re familiar of course). Then there are a few members who out themselves and there have also been some threads on it or related issues in the OT section.

oh reaaaaaaaalllyyyyyyyyyyy now!? that is very interesting sir. thank you SOOOOOOOO much for the tips and info. i am very thrilled to be here and cant wait to learn all that i could from you guys and help each other out in this newfound addiction

Old 02-06-2012, 2:18 PM

i am also a new member :-)
Old 02-06-2012, 7:06 PM
✰ Sometimes I Fly Armed
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by globalarms1 View Post
i am also a new member :-)
Globalarms1,

Welcome to CGN! Always glad to have another member.

-------
Old 02-09-2012, 4:34 PM

Hello to all my name is Abram im really happy to be a member of Calguns. A few of the members led me here and ive never turned back. I love all things firearms and more importantly the United States of America. I hope the best for yall - Abe
Old 02-09-2012, 7:39 PM
✰ Sometimes I Fly Armed
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PermanentMarker View Post
Hello to all my name is Abram im really happy to be a member of Calguns. A few of the members led me here and ive never turned back. I love all things firearms and more importantly the United States of America. I hope the best for yall - Abe
Abram,

Welcome to CGN! Glad you took those fellow members up on their offer to join up. Hope you stick around.

-------
Old 02-11-2012, 11:02 AM

Hello all just want to say thank you to whoever left the stainless steel p226 flyer on the counter in san marcos Turners friday night we were picking up my wifes new SP2022 and I have been looking for a new HG wanted a ..40 sw fell in love with it in stainless 9mm though saw the sale price in the add when I went to start the paperwork there was the Calguns special price 200 off so here I am thank you Calguns thanks again
Old 02-11-2012, 1:53 PM
Veteran Member

Default ordered my first handgun

Hello everyone. I just ordered my first handgun by recommendation of BiggSean I got a CZ 75 P01 coming. I also ordered a LockSafe Biometric Pistol Safe to safeguard against my 4 yr old son. I want to also get one AR15 and a Siaga 12. I got 2 brother in laws in AZ so I'm jealous of them, lol.
Old 02-13-2012, 9:21 AM

Hi everyone! Amazing site and loads of information too.

My 1st post, I never had to post a question regarding firearms, since all the questions always seem to be answered on this forum, great work guys, keep it up. See you guys around
Old 02-13-2012, 10:38 AM
✰ Sometimes I Fly Armed
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunraecer View Post
Hello all just want to say thank you to whoever left the stainless steel p226 flyer on the counter in san marcos Turners friday night we were picking up my wifes new SP2022 and I have been looking for a new HG wanted a ..40 sw fell in love with it in stainless 9mm though saw the sale price in the add when I went to start the paperwork there was the Calguns special price 200 off so here I am thank you Calguns thanks again
Sunraecer,

Welcome to Calguns and Glad you joined up!
BTW: Congrats on the pistol

-------
Old 02-13-2012, 10:40 AM
✰ Sometimes I Fly Armed
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAGLS View Post
Hello everyone. I just ordered my first handgun by recommendation of BiggSean I got a CZ 75 P01 coming. I also ordered a LockSafe Biometric Pistol Safe to safeguard against my 4 yr old son. I want to also get one AR15 and a Siaga 12. I got 2 brother in laws in AZ so I'm jealous of them, lol.
CAGLS,

Welcome to CGN! Congrats on the purchase(s) and glad you're taking the right steps to protect your family and the proper safe guards to insure against negligence.
Although, you might will need a bigger safe for that growing collection.

-------
Old 02-13-2012, 10:41 AM
✰ Sometimes I Fly Armed
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yimmyen View Post
Hi everyone! Amazing site and loads of information too.

My 1st post, I never had to post a question regarding firearms, since all the questions always seem to be answered on this forum, great work guys, keep it up. See you guys around
Yimmyen,

Welcome to Calguns and i'm glad you're able to find the answers to your questions.

-------
Old 02-14-2012, 7:45 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Hi everybody. I'm new here. I have already learned alot in the short time I have been a member. I just want to thank everybody here. It is not always easy to find a group of people who are so willing to help out. Again, thanks.
Old 02-15-2012, 10:48 AM
✰ Sometimes I Fly Armed
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj805 View Post
Hi everybody. I'm new here. I have already learned alot in the short time I have been a member. I just want to thank everybody here. It is not always easy to find a group of people who are so willing to help out. Again, thanks.
JJ,

Welcome to Calguns! Hope you stick around.

-------
Old 02-15-2012, 12:43 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
CAGLS,

Welcome to CGN! Congrats on the purchase(s) and glad you're taking the right steps to protect your family and the proper safe guards to insure against negligence.
Although, you might will need a bigger safe for that growing collection.
Thanks Ubermcoupe, and yes I already did, also ordered SentrySafe G1459E 14-Gun Electronic Lock Safe from Amazon, and a CA Saiga 12 incase they decide to ban, I'm GF in.
Old 02-15-2012, 3:12 PM
✰ Sometimes I Fly Armed
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAGLS View Post
Thanks Ubermcoupe, and yes I already did, also ordered SentrySafe G1459E 14-Gun Electronic Lock Safe from Amazon, and a CA Saiga 12 incase they decide to ban, I'm GF in.
Touche’ on the correction

-------
Old 02-18-2012, 1:37 AM

Hi everyone,

It is a nice feeling to join this forum after being a lurker for so long. My name is Lisa. I hope to gather knowledge as well as friends from here!

This is an excellent site I love it

Last edited by lisaadri; 03-25-2012 at 12:15 AM..
Old 02-18-2012, 8:00 AM

Hi all,

Long time shooter/lurker, new member here. Just wanted to say "thanks" for all the info. Months of researching this site helped me to build my first AR-15 the way I wanted it (CA legal of course) instead of settling for a complete rifle that was just "close" to what I really wanted.
Old 02-18-2012, 8:34 AM
✰ Sometimes I Fly Armed
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaadri View Post
Hi everyone,

It is a nice feeling to join this forum after being a lurker for so long. My name is Lisa. I hope to gather knowledge as well as friends from here!
Lisa,

Welcome to Calguns! Be sure to check out the ladies section and I hope you stick around.

-------
Old 02-18-2012, 8:35 AM
✰ Sometimes I Fly Armed
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent 0range View Post
Hi all,

Long time shooter/lurker, new member here. Just wanted to say "thanks" for all the info. Months of researching this site helped me to build my first AR-15 the way I wanted it (CA legal of course) instead of settling for a complete rifle that was just "close" to what I really wanted.
A0,

Welcome to Calguns! Glad you finally joined up and hope you stick around.

-------
Old 02-18-2012, 6:03 PM

Just found this great site and wanted to introduce myself.... I'm looking into an AR, and will most likely have a bunch of questions in regards to the model I am looking at, and the legality of it in Calif. I have read a bunch of the legal stuff on AR's that are deemed legal for Calif, but the terminology seems way to vague to be absolutely sure one is in compliance with the law. Again, looks like a great site!!
Old 02-18-2012, 6:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernie pezz View Post
Just found this great site and wanted to introduce myself.... I'm looking into an AR, and will most likely have a bunch of questions in regards to the model I am looking at, and the legality of it in Calif. I have read a bunch of the legal stuff on AR's that are deemed legal for Calif, but the terminology seems way to vague to be absolutely sure one is in compliance with the law. Again, looks like a great site!!
welcome! you may want to check out the marketplace. there are some great deals on complete ar's on there

Old 02-18-2012, 6:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent 0range View Post
Hi all,

welcome and congrats on the new build

Old 02-18-2012, 6:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaadri View Post
Hi everyone,

welcome and enjoy the forum

Old 02-18-2012, 7:40 PM

Hello All

I've been lurking for a while, mainly watching the San Joaquin CCW thread. Recently became the owner of my first gun, an FNP-9. Currently halfway through my waiting period on a Ruger 10/22 that I'm going to use to introduce my two sons (11 & 14) to shooting. This will be a big departure since, even though my dad kept guns around the house, including three on a gun rack by our front door, touching, asking or inquiring about them was expressly forbidden. Actually shooting them was not even a topic of consideration. As such, I grew up with thinking guns were some kind of WMDs that were to be avoided. Only recently did some friends talk me into it and finally, at age 38, I joined the masses in expressing my 2nd amendment rights. Now the question is, do I want to eat dinner or add to my growing collection!

Ian Lindsay
Tracy, CA

Last edited by ArcherDog; 02-18-2012 at 7:42 PM..
Old 02-18-2012, 11:14 PM
✰ Sometimes I Fly Armed
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernie pezz View Post
Ernie,

Welcome to Calguns! Be sure to check out the Centerfire rifles section. I’m sure it will help with your AR questions.

-------
Old 02-18-2012, 11:16 PM
✰ Sometimes I Fly Armed
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcherDog View Post
Hello All

I've been lurking for a while, mainly watching the San Joaquin CCW thread. Recently became the owner of my first gun, an FNP-9. Currently halfway through my waiting period on a Ruger 10/22 that I'm going to use to introduce my two sons (11 & 14) to shooting. This will be a big departure since, even though my dad kept guns around the house, including three on a gun rack by our front door, touching, asking or inquiring about them was expressly forbidden. Actually shooting them was not even a topic of consideration. As such, I grew up with thinking guns were some kind of WMDs that were to be avoided. Only recently did some friends talk me into it and finally, at age 38, I joined the masses in expressing my 2nd amendment rights. Now the question is, do I want to eat dinner or add to my growing collection!

Ian Lindsay
Tracy, CA
Ian,

Welcome to Calguns! Good for you for getting your sons involved. I still remember the first time my old man opened my eyes to the shooting world.
Thanks for checking in and I hope you stick around.

-------
Old 02-19-2012, 1:40 PM

Hello! New handgun owner from West L.A. What a great site.
Old 02-19-2012, 1:57 PM
✰ Sometimes I Fly Armed
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by furiousyellow View Post
Hello! New handgun owner from West L.A. What a great site.

FY,

Welcome to Calguns! Be sure you check out the Handgun section and hope you stick around.

-------