Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > MARKETPLACE > Deals, Sales and Coupons
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Deals, Sales and Coupons Found a good deal or sale? Got a coupon or code? Share them here!

Old 06-04-2012, 4:34 PM

A LOT of reports of .380 rounds being mixed in with their 9mm. PLEASE check your ammo and be SAFE.
Old 06-04-2012, 6:23 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Location: Riverside, Southern Province, People's Republic of KALIFORNIA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidster View Post
If you don't reload here is a deal for 9.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index...-fmj-50rd.html
I'm a sucker for free shipping...Ordered 500 of the blazer 9mm...thanks!
Old 06-04-2012, 6:49 PM

After reading all this I still ordered some 9mm, but then again I really like surprises like when will it show up.
Old 06-04-2012, 6:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidux View Post
A LOT of reports of .380 rounds being mixed in with their 9mm. PLEASE check your ammo and be SAFE.
Are these actual .380s, or 9mm bullets/charges in .380 cases? (I don't see any .380 reloads available on their website, so I'm guessing it's the latter.)
Old 06-04-2012, 10:43 PM

9 pressed into a 380 case. Check out this other thread.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...light=Ammo+can

As Solidux stated visually check each round to make sure it's the correct casing. I just cancelled my order I place on April 4th and contacted my credit card company to dispute the charge. It isn't worth saving 30-40 dollars on 1k rounds if it means a possible catastrophic manfunction and destroying a firearm that I can't replace or more importantly my face and hands. My looks are bad enough and can't afford the extra damage.
Old 06-05-2012, 4:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidster View Post
9 pressed into a 380 case. Check out this other thread.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...light=Ammo+can

As Solidux stated visually check each round to make sure it's the correct casing. I just cancelled my order I place on April 4th and contacted my credit card company to dispute the charge. It isn't worth saving 30-40 dollars on 1k rounds if it means a possible catastrophic manfunction and destroying a firearm that I can't replace or more importantly my face and hands. My looks are bad enough and can't afford the extra damage.
FYI, it will take JRA 20 days to process your cancellation and take a few more days for the credit to appear on your statement - at least that was my experience. I wasn't concerned about the timing as I had already preserved my rights as a cardholder by sending in my written dispute.
Old 06-07-2012, 4:58 PM

Not answering emails for the past week was the last straw. I tried to call them to cancel my order from MARCH but their phone lines are down. I am no longer on my 60day dispute period but USAA usually has my back.

This is ridiculous. I learned my lesson the hard way.
Old 06-13-2012, 2:00 PM

Any updates from anyone who has recently gotten any info from jackross?? Anything at all? Shipping notice, reply from email/phone, any ammo recieved? I got this email a little over a week ago but nothing since...

"Of course you will receive ammo! Your number is in our current bacth as we are finishing up our late March orders right now. I am sorry for the lack of communication, I just took over the office and am trying to impliment some new systems to better communicate with our customers without getting drowned in emails and voicemails. I am hoping to have this out to you very soon. Look for a confirmation email and FedEx tracking number once you are notified it has been "completed".
Thank you for your patience and I hope you have a great day!"

My order was from late March. Exactly 11 weeks now since I ordered my 9mm reloads. At the time I ordered my ammo their site said that ammo would be shipped out by mid-April. (What a joke that was) Hopefully I haven't gotten scammed but entirely possible now that my credit card was charged so long ago. I would highly recommend people start looking in another direction for ammo as I will not be ordering from them again.
Old 06-15-2012, 3:02 PM

Well.... I actually got something more than a busy signal when calling. It now rings and rings until an automated voice says "Please enter your remote access code". I guess it's better than a busy tone. Still no response to emails and previous verbal promise"S" have all been broken.

Seriously... don't give these guys your money.
Old 06-15-2012, 3:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grnidb View Post
Just got a reply from my status request. They said they are processing March orders now.
as of 6/15/2012 they are now finishing up on march orders. we shall see if another 2-3 weeks will do it. My original order was April 4......so over 2 months out so far. I am thinking 3moths of wait for $20-$30 discount and possibly squibs. I need to get my head checked.
Old 06-15-2012, 5:00 PM

Its not your fault rayrayz. None of us knew it was going to be like this. We were told and promised many dates. We kept our end of the bargain, they just didnt keep theirs
Old 06-15-2012, 5:18 PM

sorry but it is kinda your guy's fault. read back on the post and feedbacks. i posted in the other jr fourm last year about this. this company is a joke. they are using your money to build there business and being very misleading about it. i wish we still lived in cowboy days that company would b done for. jr ended up cutting me a personal check so im glad i got outa it. good luck to the rest of ya
Old 06-15-2012, 5:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SacTown View Post
Any updates from anyone who has recently gotten any info from jackross?? Anything at all? Shipping notice, reply from email/phone, any ammo recieved? I got this email a little over a week ago but nothing since...

"Of course you will receive ammo! Your number is in our current bacth as we are finishing up our late March orders right now. I am sorry for the lack of communication, I just took over the office and am trying to impliment some new systems to better communicate with our customers without getting drowned in emails and voicemails. I am hoping to have this out to you very soon. Look for a confirmation email and FedEx tracking number once you are notified it has been "completed".
Thank you for your patience and I hope you have a great day!"

My order was from late March. Exactly 11 weeks now since I ordered my 9mm reloads. At the time I ordered my ammo their site said that ammo would be shipped out by mid-April. (What a joke that was) Hopefully I haven't gotten scammed but entirely possible now that my credit card was charged so long ago. I would highly recommend people start looking in another direction for ammo as I will not be ordering from them again.

strange, that is the same email I got from them like 4 months ago (with my time frame filled in) , they always have an excuse, it is pretty sad. All I wanted to do was save a few bucks and support a "little guy" but he is turning this into a joke...............

I found a bunch of rounds in my case of .45 that were either pressed into far, or not far enough causing a bunch of feeding issues.

I will not be ordering again from him and advised my friends not to either.

Last edited by KWB977; 06-15-2012 at 5:27 PM..
Old 06-15-2012, 5:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptBuzz View Post
I don't mind the wait; I'll probably forget about it and in a couple months there will be a nice little surprise on my(our) doorstep.
That's what I did...

I had ordered mid Feb and I received my order end of March beginning April.

I wasn't shooting much so it worked out.

Joel
Old 06-15-2012, 6:11 PM

This is random.
I went in there today just because I was driving by now I am reading this thread.
I am not sure why they don't come on here and explain their situation. But I did notice that they are in the middle of a move and looked like they were slammed and still trying to get organized. Thats probably why the phone isn't getting answered well.
Just my. .02

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
Old 06-15-2012, 7:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieyoung View Post
sorry but it is kinda your guy's fault. read back on the post and feedbacks. i posted in the other jr fourm last year about this. this company is a joke. they are using your money to build there business and being very misleading about it. i wish we still lived in cowboy days that company would b done for. jr ended up cutting me a personal check so im glad i got outa it. good luck to the rest of ya
My fault?! Yeah... because I always spend hours and hours searching and reading thread postings before I order anything online. Sorry I missed your posting about this company on some other fourm. So... So... Sorry.

Righteous Much?
Old 06-16-2012, 8:30 AM

I knew that I would be waiting going into this as I have read of their lead time. I however did not think it would be this bad. The 2 emails I got from them was basically them saying sorry we are backed up thanks for your understanding.... As for them still "moving" ....well that card has been used b4. Just sitting back and waiting patiently.
Old 06-16-2012, 3:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellts View Post
My fault?! Yeah... because I always spend hours and hours searching and reading thread postings before I order anything online. Sorry I missed your posting about this company on some other fourm. So... So... Sorry.

Righteous Much?
Old 06-16-2012, 7:49 PM

It's actually a decent, but shady as hell, idea if you think about it. Take millions of rounds worth of orders you dont have to use as an interest free loan to buy a bigger building/expand. Its just something most people wouldn't do because its... completely shady.

Just checked their facebook page. Looks like they are being hammered... minus that one creep whos stalking the one girl with creepy messages.

Last edited by Solidux; 06-16-2012 at 7:58 PM..
Old 06-16-2012, 7:53 PM

It's been so long for my 9mm order I forgot how many and when
Old 06-17-2012, 1:29 PM

got my order from jack ross ammo yesterday. ordered in april. shot 150 rounds yesterday. clean shooting stuff. i checked the boxes i had, no 380 mixed in my batch. i admit i was frustrated with the communication on their end. when i was able to get a hold of them on the phone they were able to help me out and give me a fairly reasonable timeframe of shipment.

would i order from them again, sure. just makes me want to get into reloading my own bullets though......
Old 06-25-2012, 11:09 AM

Thumbs down

Three months later and still no Jack Ross 9mm delivered to my door.

DO NOT USE Jack Ross. Horrible business practices.

Last edited by helpme; 06-25-2012 at 8:21 PM.. Reason: Enlarged.
Old 06-25-2012, 2:15 PM
CGSSA Coordinator

Funny. They were selling ammo at the Cow Palace show on Saturday.
Old 06-25-2012, 4:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryff View Post

Now, that is an insult to every person on their backorder list.
Old 06-25-2012, 5:07 PM
Whatever
CGN Contributor

On the other thread - they said no gunshows until all personal orders were covered.

So, they make crappy ammo, are worse businessmen, and LIE. I seldom rip any company on the internet - there are enough folks who seem to like to do that...

BTW - I'm the guy who got most of the .380 rounds - 8 of them + 1 unusable 9mm round. Funny tho, most of the rounds were in the first couple boxes I opened. I posted after the squib guys posted their stuff...

Quote:
Old 06-25-2012, 5:12 PM

Quote:
replace thread with quote
Old 08-05-2012, 6:38 PM

It's been 3 months I'm not even sure what I ordered
At least they don't bill your credit card or I'd really take issue
Old 08-05-2012, 6:46 PM
Made in the USA
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Location: Free in AZ!!! yes, it's worth the Pain to make it happen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by todd2968 View Post
It's been 3 months I'm not even sure what I ordered
At least they don't bill your credit card or I'd really take issue
you're the rare exception. That's the major gripe for most people - JR is getting thousands of dollars in interest free loans.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epaphroditus View Post
It only has as much power as you give it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBDamned
I know some things about a lot of things - and a lot of things about some things - but I don't know everything about anything
Quote:
Originally Posted by WartHog View Post
GET OFF MY CACTUS!
-----------------------------
"RIGHT POWER!"
http://i1329.photobucket.com/albums/w558/LBDamneds/Misc/III_zpsofbisb36.jpg
Old 08-05-2012, 7:28 PM
Veteran Member

Sounds like they took a lesson from uncle Sam....it's a good ol free market "tax return" when you eventually get the ammo...lol
Old 09-28-2012, 9:58 PM

Has anyone received an order from them since the last post in August? I am disputing with my credit card but I'm over the 60 day dispute period so my fingers are crossed. No response from Jack Ross Ammo to multiple emails. Order placed early May.
Old 09-28-2012, 10:22 PM

^^
I'm over my 60 days too and am in talks with my bank to see if they can do anything. I haven't heard anything since they took down their facebook page down. Also one of the phone #'s on the website doesn't work anymore.
Old 09-29-2012, 6:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc408 View Post
Has anyone received an order from them since the last post in August? I am disputing with my credit card but I'm over the 60 day dispute period so my fingers are crossed. No response from Jack Ross Ammo to multiple emails. Order placed early May.
Dispute can be done upto 18 months.
Old 09-29-2012, 9:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedpower View Post
Dispute can be done upto 18 months.
Not all banks, some have different time frame such as 60 or 90 days
Old 09-29-2012, 9:34 AM

Not sure if it true, but I read he getting deployed and his wife can not run the business herself, so I think they're done.
Old 09-29-2012, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisefire View Post
Not sure if it true, but I read he getting deployed and his wife can not run the business herself, so I think they're done.
Could be a lot of things including this. Regardless, if you have an "investment" with them, I highly recommend calling your CC company. Even if you think your CC company can't do anything, it sure doesn't hurt trying. I disputed my order after 5 months and they were still eagerly willing to help me out.
Old 09-29-2012, 4:55 PM
Made in the USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisefire View Post
so much for the "give us time, we'll make it work" routine... I think people got tiered of hearing/reading that anyway...
Quote:
Quote:
I know some things about a lot of things - and a lot of things about some things - but I don't know everything about anything
Quote:
GET OFF MY CACTUS!
"RIGHT POWER!"
Old 10-02-2012, 7:20 AM

I don't get how a few places stay in business. Palmetto is the same. Rarely answers their phone. If you do find someone, you would swear you called the manager at the local trailer park. But, yet, people hand them cash hand over fist. Then complain. Mind blowing.
Old 10-02-2012, 8:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke&Rattler View Post
I don't get how a few places stay in business. Palmetto is the same. Rarely answers their phone. If you do find someone, you would swear you called the manager at the local trailer park. But, yet, people hand them cash hand over fist. Then complain. Mind blowing.
Problem is JRA still owes people for ammo ordered 6-8 months ago and never responds at all.

PSA may have lackluster CS but at least you get your stuff, they are upfront about when you can expect to receive it and they do eventually respond to inquiries. Do they sometimes ship a bad product? Of course but from all that I've read they do try to make it right if so.

JRA on the other hand is just so full of fail on so many levels if you've read through this thread.
Old 10-02-2012, 9:42 AM
Made in the USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke&Rattler View Post
it's hit & miss getting PSA on the phone (I've reached them with minimal effort though)... emails have been responded to as well... I'm not sure what complaints people have that you referred to.

Interesting though that your post is an anti PSA post and not so much about the thread topic, JR... comparing the two is ludicrous though... there is nothing remotely similar in what Jack Ross has done compared to anything PSA has done.

Still odd that you made it a PSA post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
GET OFF MY CACTUS!
"RIGHT POWER!"
Old 10-02-2012, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBDamned View Post
it's hit & miss getting PSA on the phone (I've reached them with minimal effort though)... emails have been responded to as well... I'm not sure what complaints people have that you referred to.

Interesting though that your post is an anti PSA post and not so much about the thread topic, JR... comparing the two is ludicrous though... there is nothing remotely similar in what Jack Ross has done compared to anything PSA has done.

Still odd that you made it a PSA post
Take your tin hat off, there is no black helicopters.

Anyways, it was just a generic complaint, saying JR isn't the only company who is like this. There should be zero tollerance on the subject at hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atekhed View Post
Problem is JRA still owes people for ammo ordered 6-8 months ago and never responds at all.

PSA may have lackluster CS but at least you get your stuff, they are upfront about when you can expect to receive it and they do eventually respond to inquiries. Do they sometimes ship a bad product? Of course but from all that I've read they do try to make it right if so.

JRA on the other hand is just so full of fail on so many levels if you've read through this thread.
Agree. They should be no longer allowed to advertise. Most have filed with their credit cards it looks like. If not, small claims court is $35?

Last edited by Smoke&Rattler; 10-02-2012 at 10:07 AM..