Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Ammo and Reloading
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ammo and Reloading Factory Ammunition, Reloading, Components, Load Data and more.

Old 06-30-2020, 4:25 PM

Let me know if anyone is selling SPP's in the Los Angeles area.
Old 06-30-2020, 6:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofgamblers View Post
SoCal is a bit too far for me to drive, I'm in Santa Clara county. Well I'm not in any rush to buy primers, I still have enough. I was just perusing powder valley and other online sites and at least for small rifle primers they've been run dry -- I guess everyone is stocking up on their 1k rounds of 223 for the apocalypse.
When I was in Reeds a couple weeks ago it looked like they had a fairly good supply of primers and powders. I plan on picking some up when my rifle clears background
Old 06-30-2020, 9:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonMorganHill View Post
When I was in Reeds a couple weeks ago it looked like they had a fairly good supply of primers and powders. I plan on picking some up when my rifle clears background
Thx I haven't been to Reeds in a while. Good to hear they're open to sell stuff , is their range open too?
Old 07-03-2020, 11:02 AM
Veteran Member

Was in Sportsman Reno store this morning. Now a limit on reloading stuff.
1,000 primers per day, 1 bottle of powder per day, no limit on bullets. Shelf was pretty wiped out. Also only 4 boxes of ammo per caliber per day. No limit on shotgun ammo. Only to rifles per day.
Old 07-03-2020, 11:24 AM

I still can't find SPP anywhere. I used to get so frustrated when they started to put limits on buying, until I was the next person behind someone who wanted to buy all of the same ammo I was waiting for. During these times, I saw how important it is to try and spread the wealth / share supplies. I am learning a lot during these times.
Old 07-03-2020, 12:07 PM
Banned

I may have 1k or more in North hollywood. I will check if someone needs some. I have non lead .224 bullets in sale section.
Old 07-03-2020, 12:13 PM

Default The great run on reloading supplies

After being through a lot of the dry spells, I adopted a policy of stock enough for “2 years worth of everything” a long long time ago. Never Regretted it. Best of luck to those looking now.

Last edited by Mesa Defense; 07-03-2020 at 12:33 PM..
Old 07-03-2020, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirgrumps View Post
Remember, when there is a run on ammo, there is a slight lag on a run of reloading components.

Now, for most reloaders, who use a single stage press and loads maybe 100 rd at a time, it's minor inconvenience.

For those on progressive presses and make a couple thousand per session, it's a bit more.

And those of us, who have seen several of these feast/famine cycles, we have been conditioned to buy right after the famine, during the feast, after a republican president/congress gets elected, to be supplied during the next famine/Democrat President.

^^^this^^^
Old 07-03-2020, 2:50 PM

Quote:
I'm sure you're all aware, but things are so crazy that even reloading supplies are in short stock. I can't find small rifle primers anywhere, .223 once fired brass is either out of stock or has doubled in price, things just insane.
you can find small rifle primer right here.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s....php?t=1575868
Old 07-03-2020, 7:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mesa Defense View Post
After being through a lot of the dry spells, I adopted a policy of stock enough for “2 years worth of everything” a long long time ago. Never Regretted it. Best of luck to those looking now.
I was at 1 year, then expanded to 2 years, then to 4, then tried to get to the rest of my time in Kalifornistan.

Not quite there, but as time passes, my internment in Kalifornistan shrinks, as my reserves grow.

It’s really gonna suck moving, since you pay by weight.
Old 07-03-2020, 8:55 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mesa Defense View Post
Same here. I bought it cheap and stocked it deep during the Trump slump. I’m set on pretty much everything I could need.

I learned my lesson when all the sheep freaked out during the Obama years and cleaned everything out.
Old 07-03-2020, 8:58 PM

Quote:
Thx I haven't been to Reeds in a while. Good to hear they're open to sell stuff , is their range open too?
No on the range being open. They’re open by appointment only. I picked up my mini-14 yesterday and grabbed 1000 small pistol, 1000 large pistol and a couple hundred small rifle primers as well as some powder.
Old 07-03-2020, 9:11 PM
Veteran Member

I had so many supplies lying around from ten years ago I thought I'd never have time to reload it.

Since March 10th I've been on furlough and those 3K of .223 brass, 55 gr FMJ and Varget/3031/AR-Comp/H4895/H322/and so on are finally coming together.

And to think...I nearly sold it all.

Recently I've been hung up on Synthwave that scatters Youtube.
Feel free to join if curious:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAahcF7ew-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by movie zombie View Post
and you guys wonder why women are fed up with bad behavior?!
Old 07-03-2020, 9:13 PM

I sure miss the Pomona gun show and primers at $9.50/K. From the trailer just inside the gate.
Old 07-03-2020, 9:29 PM

Yeah, but with inflation they'de be $30 plus now. I miss that show too! Was also my primer and cast bullet resupply spot.
Old 07-07-2020, 9:57 PM

9.50 man I missed that era. I try to hit a goal of no more than $20/1I primers. But that might be 4 yr ago pricing
Old 07-08-2020, 9:18 AM

Was in Sportsman's warehouse in Redding a few days ago. Got some small pistol primers. They didn't have any large pistol. Almost no powder. Limit of 1000 primers per day and one bottle of powder.
Old 07-08-2020, 9:49 AM
Calguns Addict

Buy primers in cases of 5000, and powder in 4-8lb jugs when this possible, folks...
Assuming this calms down, in a bit...

Last times I recall each shortage only lasted a few months. It might be different now...
Old 07-08-2020, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roc_my_tims View Post
9.50 man I missed that era. I try to hit a goal of no more than $20/1I primers. But that might be 4 yr ago pricing
more like 12 years, pre-Obama

Quote:
Originally Posted by the86d View Post
Buy primers in cases of 5000, and powder in 4-8lb jugs when this possible, folks...
Assuming this calms down, in a bit...

Last times I recall each shortage only lasted a few months. It might be different now...
I remember it was closer to a year or two. Getting either 231 or Varget was all but impossible.

I remember the GReat primer shortage due to the Federals going boom during shipment. That was a couple of years too.
Old 07-08-2020, 3:55 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirgrumps View Post
I remember it was closer to a year or two. Getting either 231 or Varget was all but impossible.

I remember the GReat primer shortage due to the Federals going boom during shipment. That was a couple of years too.
I remember using Remington 9mm 90-100gr frangible projectiles, and 90gr .380 projectiles in 9mm, as 115, 124, and 147gr weren't avail, and testing SPPs in rifles, and SRPs in 9mm handguns... JUST IN CASE... ... ...

I couldn't get Varget, or Unique, my 1st 2 powders, so I tried some other stuff that was better...