Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Southern California Chapters > San Bernardino Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-20-2013, 6:23 PM

Default Lake Mathews Rd shooting (Corona/Perris)

Question for the ones who know where this place is. My buddies took me here a few months ago. Is this location legal to shoot? I did see tons of shells, trash etc indicating that this place in frequently used. Also, if it is legal, can you shoot at night? Thanks for any input in advance.
Old 06-20-2013, 6:46 PM

Never heard of a place off of Lake Mathews Rd but Riverside County is no night shooting.

If you do go please pack out more than you brought.
Old 06-21-2013, 11:51 AM

Mostly private property. Heard from local LE They are going to start enforcing no shooting and riding. Too much trash and damage.
Old 06-27-2013, 12:45 AM

It's off of gavalin and Christmas tree rd . No shooting at night . And yes they've threatened to shut it down because of all the people leaving crap out there . So make sure you definitely pick up all your trash and targets . Or I'll feel bad for telling you where it is
Old 09-12-2013, 3:43 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Location: Somewhere in the Inland Empire between the mountains, the desert, and the beach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassin&blastin View Post
It's off of gavalin and Christmas tree rd . No shooting at night . And yes they've threatened to shut it down because of all the people leaving crap out there . So make sure you definitely pick up all your trash and targets . Or I'll feel bad for telling you where it is
Please edit the location info out or we will have even more trash hauling dirtbags going here and Steele Peak...
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed one.
--Thomas Jefferson
Quote:
Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies. --Groucho Marx
Old 06-27-2013, 12:53 AM

Been out there 3 times, and taken home several black trash bags full of left behind garbage from inconsiderate shooters. The ranger did mention them possibly shutting it down it if didnt get any better, which sucks!
Old 07-16-2013, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunsetIE View Post
Been out there 3 times, and taken home several black trash bags full of left behind garbage from inconsiderate shooters. The ranger did mention them possibly shutting it down it if didnt get any better, which sucks!
any clean up events ??....i've looked, but i dont remember seeing any for this location....i'd be willing to put in some work...
Old 07-17-2013, 7:14 AM

So Ive gone here twice since this post. The only thing Ive noticed that was different are some huge pits that were dug in the path possibly by 4x4'ers? There seems to be no sign of this place closing. At least from my perspective. There are no rangers in this area either.
Old 08-06-2013, 10:39 AM

This is not Steel Peak/Maywood he is talking about, and Corky43 is right on, That is all private property back there. It does seems that shooting is tolerated there.
If you go in farther, there is a private gun club down in the canyon.
Old 09-02-2013, 10:31 AM

If your talking about the "rock pile" off of gavillan hills road and christmas tree, past the big satellite dishes. It is my understanding the county came out and demanded clean up at the end of last year, several clean up days were held by "members". I think the county then wanted some $$$ for a permit. I was told second hand that the owner was not in good health and did not want the fight and shut down.
Old 09-02-2013, 12:41 PM

I dont think he is talking about Christmas tree. I have been to this place he is speaking of. I was meet by Perris PD. They were checking for stupid people and told me that it was BLM. Good to go.
Old 09-02-2013, 1:19 PM

This is a great place. I go at least 3 times a month. I have never seen a ranger/pd/angry residence etc.
Old 09-14-2013, 8:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by <IXOYE>< View Post
This is a great place. I go at least 3 times a month. I have never seen a ranger/pd/angry residence etc.
Could you PM me directions please.
Old 09-22-2013, 9:08 AM

You guys wanna set something up?
Old 09-22-2013, 10:39 PM

I work out in Perris and Hemet a few times a week. If someone could pm me the location, or wants to meet up to shot there that would be great. I'll clean my mess plus pick up at least a trash bag and whatever big trash I can fit in my truck. I have dumpsters at my shop to dispose of the junk.
Thanks
Old 10-05-2013, 10:02 AM

Hello, Live in Murrieta im interested in going shooting PM me I am all about keeping the area clean and more then willing to leave it in better condition then what it was.
Old 04-29-2015, 3:51 PM

Realize this is an old thread but Im moving to the area and would like to know if anything has changed, i'd love a local place to go shoot my .22's.

I do plan to bring trash bags to do some cleaning, in fact I noticed several people on Cajalco cleaning trash today, they were not cal trans, kinda nice to see.
Old 04-29-2015, 5:05 PM

If I could jump on this thread too, I would love to know the location if someone could PM me. I am new to shooting and looking for places to go with my daughters. Many thanks.
Old 08-11-2015, 1:13 PM

Anyone from this thread get directions? I'd like to check it out. Vet & new to CA and don't want to drive a country mile and pay and arm and a leg to go shoot. It's expensive enough already just buying ammo. Any help would be appreciated.