Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > How CA Laws Apply to/Affect Me
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-12-2018, 7:02 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanz2 View Post
You should only add items to the cart when the Cart is completely empty. If you had already entered a firearm or several into the active cart, then try to add others from the Pending Cart, you will get this error.

So if you have items in the Pending Cart, always add them first to the active "Cart" before you enter any additional firearms.
I started out with 3 items in my Pending Cart. I successfully added 1 item from Pending Cart into Active Cart. When I tried to add the 2nd item to Active, that's when I got that error message.

What are you saying I should do differently?

Quote:
Yup, it's getting hammered. Like some vendor sites on Black Friday...

I find FFL info, Joint Registrant info, Firearm Category and firearm Features are the portions that lag the most.

Just wait for it to load and cruise Calguns while you wait. We procrastinated this long to register, why not wait a few more minutes
OK, so you are saying that when I run into these errors (previously visible fields disappearing and not letting you move the item forward into your Pending Cart), I should just sit there and wait for the missing fields to magically reappear? So far, I have tried waiting for up to 10 minutes, and the missing fields do NOT magically reappear...

And you have to stay logged in, you can't save a partially completed form and come back to it later, because if you close the page or log out, you lose everything you just entered and have to start over...

I appreciate your advice, but my experience so far is that this entire website is currently FUBAR'ed and non-functional, at least for me. And it's making me nervous that if it stays this way until the end, I will be screwed out of registrations through no fault of my own.
Old 06-12-2018, 9:02 PM
Calguns Addict

Never mind! Thanks for the help... Just got it all done.

Trick is to do each item from beginning to end. Then move on to the next item.

I was trying to start new forms while I still had items in my "Pending Cart".

That apparently was causing all my problems.

I did have to go in and delete all my items and start over again from scratch for everything to work normally though.

Christ what a PIA!
Old 06-12-2018, 9:10 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrMike View Post
I started out with 3 items in my Pending Cart. I successfully added 1 item from Pending Cart into Active Cart. When I tried to add the 2nd item to Active, that's when I got that error message.

What are you saying I should do differently?
Did you input those three firearms during the same session? I'm just guessing here, but I wonder if the software remembers you put them into the cart in different sessions, and considers every session a different buyer.

I'd try deleting two, and add the last one in the active cart, then add the other two back in. I know, that's a lot of work

Quote:
OK, so you are saying that when I run into these errors (previously visible fields disappearing and not letting you move the item forward into your Pending Cart), I should just sit there and wait for the missing fields to magically reappear? So far, I have tried waiting for up to 10 minutes, and the missing fields do NOT magically reappear...

And you have to stay logged in, you can't save a partially completed form and come back to it later, because if you close the page or log out, you lose everything you just entered and have to start over...

I appreciate your advice, but my experience so far is that this entire website is currently FUBAR'ed and non-functional, at least for me. And it's making me nervous that if it stays this way until the end, I will be screwed out of registrations through no fault of my own.
The software seems to interact differently with different browsers. I used Mozilla for all of mine. Yes, it's very irritating.

In my case I waited about 15-20 seconds before those fields popped in. Some browsers have a spinner or series of dots that blink to tell you the page is still loading. I just wait until it fully loads. But, yes, 10 minutes is beyond my patience too. Use Mozilla or Safari and see. The items in your pending cart should still be there even if you move from computer to computer, iPad, tablet, etc. and browser to browser. I think the info is already cached in DOJ's system.

The wife will be pissed, but Jesus always forgives.
Old 06-12-2018, 9:21 PM

Quote:
I find FFL info, Joint Registrant info, Firearm Category and firearm Features are the portions that lag the most.

Just wait for it to load and cruise Calguns while you wait. We procrastinated this long to register, why not wait a few more minutes
I made a simple procedure for myself: 1) Use Chrome, and watch the spinner in the tab to make sure page is fully loaded before hitting Submit. 2) Double check that Category and Features checkboxes are visible on the page (they appear a few seconds after spinner stops). 3) After hitting Submit, verify that the right "features" are checked (unlike Category, if that one times out, there is no error message warning you when you hit submit). I almost submitted several firearms with all the "features" unchecked, because of timeouts, and luckily caught it right before submitting payment (and had to redo all those).

Unfortunately, if any part of the page takes more than 30 seconds to load, it times out and the form gets in a messed up, unrecoverable state. I've tried refreshing the page, going to upload documents and back, nothing works. Just have to redo that firearm from scratch.

If the website is so slow that it's timing out, best to just come back a few hours later. Otherwise, it's a far more error prone and tedious process.

Quote:

I did have to go in and delete all my items and start over again from scratch for everything to work normally though.

Christ what a PIA!
It's alluded to earlier in this thread (and in the PDF), but when you have items in both your Cart, and Pending, you can save one or the other, but not both.
Old 06-12-2018, 9:42 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:

Christ what a PIA!
Good for you!

Now the wait begins. Either an email, a letter, or a knock on the door

Old 06-12-2018, 9:47 PM

Sorry if this has been asked prior. Do we get a certificate or something proving oir registration

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
Old 06-12-2018, 10:02 PM

I registered 10 firearms about a month ago and got all the emails today; only 2 complete and they sent back 8 as incomplete. I corrected 7 of them as they were simple requests, i.e. specific model, make, clearer pictures, etc.

The question I have is in regard to my Draco pistol, they sent it back requesting that I add another category. It clearly doesn't have a forward pistol grip and I know it's a no-no (NFA) so the only other thing remaining is the barrel shroud.

I found this in the first 5 posts:

For pistols, if there is a forward handguard/shroud of any type, DOJ wants you to select "Second handgrip" and/or "Shroud" - in the case of most AR pistols, you would select both

Should I just select a barrel shroud and resubmit?
Old 06-12-2018, 11:07 PM

yay...the friggin site is down...managed to get two in the pending cart and still have a few more...
Old 06-13-2018, 1:50 AM
I'm with stupid ☝️
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie1965 View Post
I registered 10 firearms about a month ago and got all the emails today; only 2 complete and they sent back 8 as incomplete. I corrected 7 of them as they were simple requests, i.e. specific model, make, clearer pictures, etc.

The question I have is in regard to my Draco pistol, they sent it back requesting that I add another category. It clearly doesn't have a forward pistol grip and I know it's a no-no (NFA) so the only other thing remaining is the barrel shroud.

I found this in the first 5 posts:

For pistols, if there is a forward handguard/shroud of any type, DOJ wants you to select "Second handgrip" and/or "Shroud" - in the case of most AR pistols, you would select both

Should I just select a barrel shroud and resubmit?
Select both. The checkbox does NOT say "forward pistol grip" (which is an NFA no-no like you said), it says "second handgrip", which is perfectly legal and (in the case of an AR) is the same exact thing as a barrel shroud. They will bounce back your app unless you check both boxes.

The "forward pistol grip" checkbox only appears when you select "rifle" as the firearm type.

When you select "pistol" as the firearm type, the checkbox says "second handgrip", and the "forward pistol grip" checkbox disappears.

Second handgrips are fine on AW pistols, so long as they aren't vertical.

If DOJ visits you regarding your RAW application: Avoid opening your door if they don't have a warrant. Don't consent to a search. Don't "talk your way out of it". Assert your right to remain silent until you have a lawyer present.

2018 CA Legislation Quick-Reference & Statuses

Last edited by cockedandglocked; 06-13-2018 at 2:11 AM..
Old 06-13-2018, 1:53 AM
I'm with stupid ☝️
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatlee View Post
Sorry if this has been asked prior. Do we get a certificate or something proving oir registration

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
Yes, when all your weapons have been approved, you'll get a letter in the mail saying so. Make lots of copies (digital and paper), as it's a pain in the butt to request a replacement if you ever lose it.

If DOJ visits you regarding your RAW application: Avoid opening your door if they don't have a warrant. Don't consent to a search. Don't "talk your way out of it". Assert your right to remain silent until you have a lawyer present.

2018 CA Legislation Quick-Reference & Statuses

Old 06-13-2018, 8:02 AM
Calguns Addict

Woohooo, got letter in the mail from DOJ. Glad it wasn't a knock on the door lol.

I think this is from the "safe" batch of ARs from late April. Got bigger batches I'm still sweating on from May. Thank God for NV.

Opened the envelope when I got home and it was an approval letter for my last batch of 2 rifles. It was submitted on 6/5/18, got email on "submission confirmation notice" on 6/6/18. The letter said it was approved on 6/8/18 and the letter went out on 6/9/18. It was received on 6/13/18 . . . So, I got the approval letter 8 days from submission!!!

I still have applications from late April and mid May I haven't heard about, but a couple more "submission confirmation notice" emails from the April batch came in today.

Last edited by beanz2; 06-13-2018 at 8:08 PM..
Old 06-13-2018, 8:44 AM

Per 11 CCR 5474.2

"(B) By engraving, casting, stamping (impressing), or otherwise conspicuously placing or causing to be engraved, cast, stamped (impressed) or placed on the frame, receiver, or barrel thereof certain additional information. This information must be placed in a manner not susceptible of being readily obliterated, altered, or removed. The additional information must include:
(i) The model of the firearm, if such designation has been made;...."

1911 and Glock 80's, ANY pistol really(NO model stamped on my FFL store purchased H&K) does NOT have model engraved on them. Yet the field for inputting *Model is required. What do you put in the box, "N/A"? If you input anything else, ie "1911", that would infer 1911 is in fact stamped on the frame.
Old 06-13-2018, 11:12 AM
Low-Functioning Genius
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMartin1776 View Post
Per 11 CCR 5474.2

"(B) By engraving, casting, stamping (impressing), or otherwise conspicuously placing or causing to be engraved, cast, stamped (impressed) or placed on the frame, receiver, or barrel thereof certain additional information. This information must be placed in a manner not susceptible of being readily obliterated, altered, or removed. The additional information must include:
(i) The model of the firearm, if such designation has been made;...."

1911 and Glock 80's, ANY pistol really(NO model stamped on my FFL store purchased H&K) does NOT have model engraved on them. Yet the field for inputting *Model is required. What do you put in the box, "N/A"? If you input anything else, ie "1911", that would infer 1911 is in fact stamped on the frame.
You have to remember how inconstant the DROS system is in general, inconsistencies they continued into the AW registry. For instance, I have a Sig Sauer made (USA made) 552 clone I built from a 552 parts kit. It's clearly made by Sig Sauer in Exeter NH. That's what I put in my AW reg form.

I got an email saying I needed to change it to JP Sauer and Sons, which I did and it actually appears that way on the letter. Makes no sense whatsoever, I in fact own a SSG3000 which is a Sauer in Germany, yet on the AFS it is listed as Sig Sauer.

They just don't know what they are doing and don't care about changing it. I'd estimate at least a quarter of all DROS'd firearms in CA have some kind of inconstancy when it comes to model and manufacturer.

Trying to understand the rhyme or reason to it is impossible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMACA_MFG View Post
Not checkers, not chess, its Jenga.
"The California matrix of gun control laws is among the harshest in the nation and are filled with criminal law traps for people of common intelligence who desire to obey the law." - U.S. District Judge Roger T. Benitez

Old 06-13-2018, 2:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discogodfather View Post
You have to remember how inconstant the DROS system is in general, inconsistencies they continued into the AW registry. For instance, I have a Sig Sauer made (USA made) 552 clone I built from a 552 parts kit. It's clearly made by Sig Sauer in Exeter NH. That's what I put in my AW reg form.

I got an email saying I needed to change it to JP Sauer and Sons, which I did and it actually appears that way on the letter. Makes no sense whatsoever, I in fact own a SSG3000 which is a Sauer in Germany, yet on the AFS it is listed as Sig Sauer.

They just don't know what they are doing and don't care about changing it. I'd estimate at least a quarter of all DROS'd firearms in CA have some kind of inconstancy when it comes to model and manufacturer.

Trying to understand the rhyme or reason to it is impossible.
Ok so what do you put in the box for model if you have an 80% 1911? My name, location&SN are on the weapon. If I put 1911 thats not true bc 1911 is not stamped on it, but its a 1911....
Old 06-13-2018, 2:07 PM
CGSSA Coordinator

Submitted my registration for five rifles on Monday.

The two that concern me were one AR-pattern that had FDE aspects like the stock, pistol grip and foregrip. Thought it was too much extra "color" to not chose Multicolored. The receiver on this one (LCW purchased 2008) did not have caliber markings of any kind on it (not even "Multi"). Submitted as Multi and got pics of the 556 markings on the barrel.

The other rifle that worries me was a "Multi" marked lower, but with a Daniel Defense upper that has an A2 front sight and free-float rail. Could not find any caliber marking on the visible portions of the barrel, and didn't have the tools to disassemble the upper enough to get to where the barrel markings are supposed to be (top of the barrel under the rail). The side of the upper receiver itself did have a "5.56" logo on it, so I submitted a picture of that. Not looking forward to having to disassemble the gun if the State rejects that as proof of caliber.
Old 06-13-2018, 2:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
Submitted my registration for five rifles on Monday.

The two that concern me were one AR-pattern that had FDE aspects like the stock, pistol grip and foregrip. Thought it was too much extra "color" to not chose Multicolored. The receiver on this one (LCW purchased 2008) did not have caliber markings of any kind on it (not even "Multi"). Submitted as Multi and got pics of the 556 markings on the barrel.
I would've submitted that one as 5.56, but maybe you'll luck out and they won't kick it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
The other rifle that worries me was a "Multi" marked lower, but with a Daniel Defense upper that has an A2 front sight and free-float rail. Could not find any caliber marking on the visible portions of the barrel, and didn't have the tools to disassemble the upper enough to get to where the barrel markings are supposed to be (top of the barrel under the rail). The side of the upper receiver itself did have a "5.56" logo on it, so I submitted a picture of that. Not looking forward to having to disassemble the gun if the State rejects that as proof of caliber.
The stamping on the receiver takes precedence of what's on the barrel, so you should just choose "Multi". No need to even include photo of barrel (shouldn't hurt if you do include it though). If going by the stamping on the barrel, I always put a comment indicating that too (something like "Receiver has no caliber marking, including photo of barrel with 5.56 marking").
Old 06-13-2018, 3:15 PM
CGSSA Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormtrooperx View Post
I would've submitted that one as 5.56, but maybe you'll luck out and they won't kick it back.
The problem is that the lower is marked "Multi" while the upper is marked "5.56" (but I couldn't see barrel markings). I figured I was damned if I did and damned if I didn't

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormtrooperx View Post
The stamping on the receiver takes precedence of what's on the barrel, so you should just choose "Multi". No need to even include photo of barrel (shouldn't hurt if you do include it though). If going by the stamping on the barrel, I always put a comment indicating that too (something like "Receiver has no caliber marking, including photo of barrel with 5.56 marking").
Per the guide at the start of this thread, I listed it as Multi since it didn't have ANY caliber marking, and in the notes I put Caliber: 5.56 NATO.
Old 06-13-2018, 4:34 PM

This may have been previously answered in this thread, but has anyone had any issues submitting photos with a tape-measure in them? I finished up all my photographing and had sat down to read through the registration guide one more time before I started and noticed the suggestion to "not have any measuring devices in your photos". Anyone run into any problems with this? i'd rather not have to re-shoot any photos, and all my firearms clearly meet minimum length.
Old 06-13-2018, 4:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ers1978 View Post
This may have been previously answered in this thread, but has anyone had any issues submitting photos with a tape-measure in them? I finished up all my photographing and had sat down to read through the registration guide one more time before I started and noticed the suggestion to "not have any measuring devices in your photos". Anyone run into any problems with this? i'd rather not have to re-shoot any photos, and all my firearms clearly meet minimum length.
I got my TAVOR approved and they did not ask photos with tape measure.
Old 06-13-2018, 4:54 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ers1978 View Post
Only in pics of my Chinese AK folders with long flash hiders I had a tape measure taken with the stocks folded to demonstrate that they are indeed >30 inches in length.

None of the other rifles had tape measures in the pics.

Old 06-13-2018, 5:47 PM

anyone else have this issue? when i try to upload, it keeps saying ' Street Address' contains one or more invalid characters

and i have my address entered as such... 1350 N REAL STREET (not actual address)

i have tried getting rid of the "N" or adding a "." after the N, and still shows the error. any ideas?

didn't have this issue 2 weeks ago when i uploaded some of my rifles.

edit... got ti figured out.. had to delete and re do it.. however did have issues loading all 5 rifles into one transaction. got stuck making 3

Last edited by 909bobby; 06-13-2018 at 6:33 PM..
Old 06-13-2018, 6:53 PM
Low-Functioning Genius
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMartin1776 View Post
Ok so what do you put in the box for model if you have an 80% 1911? My name, location&SN are on the weapon. If I put 1911 thats not true bc 1911 is not stamped on it, but its a 1911....
I think 1911 is fine. Models of firearms are pretty black and white when it comes to the most generic of firearms. Not much to mistake on a 1911.

If you think about it probably more than 50% of guns in the DROS do not have the model marked. Justing thinking in terms of older rifles, hunting rifles, any C&R. On my AFS I have TONS of C&R and it's literally comical as to what my transferring FFL's thought the model was.

With AB 857 it makes a difference because we are required to mark the firearm and sweat we did so through a photo. Not sure how the post July 1st process will work but will a photo be required if they automate (CFARS) the system? I know to AW reg now with a form 1008 serial you are showing them that you marked it in the photo. Model will have to be pretty literal at that point.
Quote:
"The California matrix of gun control laws is among the harshest in the nation and are filled with criminal law traps for people of common intelligence who desire to obey the law." - U.S. District Judge Roger T. Benitez

Old 06-13-2018, 7:23 PM

Does the spouse need to create their own account or do you log under the primary account name and just start another application for the joint applicant? so confusing.

Is it normal that it changes my spouses user name to the primary user name with a 1 added on the end? Also automatically filled in my name under the owner.

Last edited by rtlltj; 06-13-2018 at 7:32 PM..
Old 06-13-2018, 7:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtlltj View Post
Does the spouse need to create their own account or do you log under the primary account name and just start another application for the joint applicant? so confusing.

Is it normal that it changes my spouses user name to the primary user name with a 1 added on the end? Also automatically filled in my name under the owner.

Spouses need their own account. Check out page 1 of this thread for more info.

LMT Uppers & Accessories For Sale
Old 06-13-2018, 7:59 PM

Quote:

Co-registrants need a separate account.
Old 06-13-2018, 8:00 PM

I just got this error. When iI try to submit it says fill out all fields then it says to fill out "Agency Address" but there is no spot for that. I looked at the LEGR form and there is a spot on that form so my guess is that there's some glitch causing this. I reported it, but now I've lost a day.
Old 06-13-2018, 8:06 PM

Ok so for the joint application which information goes into the owner info? The primary person's info or the joint? The reason I ask is it changed the owner name to the primary but left all the other info like date of birth, email, dl under my spouses? Just want to make sure this is correct or I should also change the owner name to my spouses for her application.

Went back and manually changed the name back to her's and submitted. I guess we will see.

Last edited by rtlltj; 06-13-2018 at 8:45 PM..
Old 06-13-2018, 9:12 PM

Out of curiosity, what is the current lag between completing the online registration and when you receive an email response for any reason?
Old 06-13-2018, 9:23 PM

I have a sig 516 AR Pistol. Just the way i bought it from a dealer here in CA It has the barrel shroud, threaded barrel with flash hider and the mag outside the grip. I do not have a separate forward hand grip attached to the rail. It does have a bullet button. If i check all the boxes except the forward had grip, will DOJ accept that registration?
Old 06-13-2018, 9:28 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Ok so for the joint application which information goes into the owner info? The primary person's info or the joint? The reason I ask is it changed the owner name to the primary but left all the other info like date of birth, email, dl under my spouses? Just want to make sure this is correct or I should also change the owner name to my spouses for her application.

Went back and manually changed the name back to her's and submitted. I guess we will see.
It sounds like you are trying to share one CFARS account between you and your spouse.

When you create a CFARS account, the account is for one individual. Your spouse will have to create a separate CFARS account with a different User Name and Password from you. Once she does that, she puts all of her basic info into "My User Profile" and that info does not change from one firearm to another.

As the primary registrant, assuming it is you, enters the firearm info, the registrant info is automatically filled in with your info (DOB, address, email, etc.) when it is under your CFARS account.

When she is ready to joint register the firearms, you hit Log Off on the upper right corner, which closes your CFARS account. Then she enters her User Name and Password. Now her CFARS account is open, and she can enter the firearm info, while her personal info (DOB, address, email, etc.) is automatically filled in by the system.

So, to summarize, you and your spouse will have to have separate accounts with different assigned User Names and Passwords, each one of you need to fill out the "My User Profile" page, then the system automatically populates the personal info fields as you enter each firearm.

Hope this helps.

Old 06-13-2018, 9:29 PM

I think I might have an issue and hope someone has a little in site. My wife and I bought an AK back in 2014 and it was done under my name with 2 other rifles. March of 2017 she intrafamily transfered cause she wanted it in her name as it was bought for her, not realizing what the implications might be. So since I have the original DROS, can I register it or can she register it with the original DROS date or do I just need to turn it featureless and not risk the issue.
Old 06-13-2018, 9:33 PM
Low-Functioning Genius
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal1911Fan View Post
I think I might have an issue and hope someone has a little in site. My wife and I bought an AK back in 2014 and it was done under my name with 2 other rifles. March of 2017 she intrafamily transfered cause she wanted it in her name as it was bought for her, not realizing what the implications might be. So since I have the original DROS, can I register it or can she register it with the original DROS date or do I just need to turn it featureless and not risk the issue.
Unfortunately it's a big NO NO to try and register this as an AW. Transfers after Dec 31st 2016 are considered to be out of the dates recognized for the reg period, even if it was originally transferred earlier. If it was a DROS then it's updated in the system.

A calguns member just had one confiscated because of an unknown transfer to his name in 2017 because of an accident. If it went through a DROS transfer for any reason after December 31st 2016 it's a no go.

Sorry bro- look for featureless or a fixed mag.
Quote:

Old 06-13-2018, 9:34 PM

Thanks for the help. Better to know than have them take it.
Old 06-13-2018, 9:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal1911Fan View Post

Judging from recent events such as case in Bakersfield, I would say you can NOT register it as AW

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-13-2018, 9:37 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoner View Post
I have a sig 516 AR Pistol. Just the way i bought it from a dealer here in CA It has the barrel shroud, threaded barrel with flash hider and the mag outside the grip. I do not have a separate forward hand grip attached to the rail. It does have a bullet button. If i check all the boxes except the forward had grip, will DOJ accept that registration?
I think is you choose "Pistol" as Firearm Type, the Additional Firearm Characteristics choices are:

1. Second Handgrip
2. Shroud that is attached to, or partially or completely encircles, the barrel that allows the bearer to fire the weapon without burning the bearer's hand, except a slide that encloses the barrel.
3. The capacity to accept a detachable Magazine Outside the Pistol Grip
4. Threaded Barrel (capable of accepting a flash suppressor, forward handgrip, or silencer)

I always end up checking all 4 boxes for all of my Pistol AW registration and I haven't received an Incomplete Notice on these. I'd recommend you do the same.

Old 06-13-2018, 9:45 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by aBrowningfan View Post
Out of curiosity, what is the current lag between completing the online registration and when you receive an email response for any reason?
The lag is wildly variable.

If you made an error, generally they would get back to you in a couple of days, but I have received an Incomplete Notice weeks after submitting for a Firearm Model error ("MPX" instead of "Sig MPX").

For a Submission Confirmation Notice, which I think is DOJ's way of saying they accepted your application with no objections, I have received two as early as one day (and followed by the Registration Notification and Number in the mail in 8 days) and am still waiting for any confirmation for guns I applied for in late April.

Old 06-13-2018, 10:21 PM

I managed to get through my registration with only a few glitches with Chrome on my PC. Then when I started the joint registration for my wife, I logged out of my account and created an account for her in the same tab.

The account setup was smooth, but I ran into all sorts of issues with required fields not even showing up on the form. "Category", "Acquired From", and several other fields simply didn't exist. I resolved the issue by closing ALL Chrome tabs and logging in fresh.

I probably spent 2+ hours on the process, though if I didn't have to deal with the ****ty website glitches, it could have been done in 30 minutes.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Old 06-13-2018, 10:46 PM

All I get is this "The California Reporting Information System (CRIS) is currently unavailable.". I would think site availability would be critical to the legality of this.
Old 06-14-2018, 12:54 AM

Okay so I can't find info on guns owned before 2001. I have a friend with an inherited Norinco that his grandfather left him in 1998. If it was in aw setup would that still be legal? Someone told me guns received before 1999 can still be in aw setup is that true?
Old 06-14-2018, 4:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reklezvoxer View Post
Okay so I can't find info on guns owned before 2001. I have a friend with an inherited Norinco that his grandfather left him in 1998. If it was in aw setup would that still be legal? Someone told me guns received before 1999 can still be in aw setup is that true?
Your friend is in possession of a felony. That should have been registered in his name in another registration long time ago and not need a bullet button. Norinco is banned by name and can't be registered now.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk