Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 06-13-2018, 4:24 PM

Break it into as many pieces as possible, besides it will be a lot easier to consolidate as many remaining conservatives into southern CA, than to give up the state as a whole. There are more conservatives trapped behind enemy lines in this state, than three of the neighboring red states.
Old 06-13-2018, 4:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by warbird View Post
A civics class in the eighth grade means us old farts are cropping up again. (LOL) You have to be about 70 to remember an eighth grade civics teacher. It is all about resources namely water, power, and renewable resources such as lumber, minerals and so forth. Southern California has none of that and northern california has most of it. Southern california is a disaster waiting to happen. They can't produce enough power to meet demands, they have too little water, and they have no renewable resources other than trade. When times get tight they have brownouts, water rationing, and can't eat what they produce in manufactured products. farm goods are sold overseas for more money but that does not help. They sell first rate crops only to buy second rate ones from south america. southern california as a business model adn society is a failure and the only way to survive is to take what we have. They have already tried taking or buying water under false pretenses from other states. Jerry Brown's twin tunnels paid for by Los Angeles water districts is just the start and we have no say in the matter according to him. Majority theft and enslavement.
Kern, Tulare, and all the way to Fresno and Medera counties have oil, farmland and water. Also Southern Ca would have at least half of the Sierra watershed which is currently being stolen by LA. Not to mention the renewable energy that they have dumped on us, they can keep the Sucramento river delta aqueduct and the Delta Smelt and we will keep the Owens and Kern Rivers.

Last edited by Rosamond; 06-13-2018 at 4:46 PM..
Old 06-13-2018, 4:53 PM

Not to mention we would be able to secure our southern border once and for all, with out the interference from Sucramento, San Francisco and L.A..!!!!
Old 06-13-2018, 5:04 PM

And one more reason, just look at the CCW status of the counties in Southern CA constitutional carry could be a reality.
Old 06-13-2018, 6:04 PM

You guys need to stop looking for reasons and starting looking for reality.
Old 06-13-2018, 6:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhyla View Post
You guys need to stop looking for reasons and starting looking for reality.
Sounds like someone who would be stuck behind enemy lines, but don't fret if it happens you will still benefit from a secure southern border. Of course it's just a pipe dream anyway
Old 06-13-2018, 6:28 PM
Calguns Addict

Op, answer this ?

How did this get fast tracked to November ballot when SoJ has been working tirelessly for years for a single split ?

Little hint ! Democrats would receive a great gain (in more left nut job Senators) by doing this

Those lines only favor the left thinking blowhards.

They will still pull together to destroy any freedoms left IMHO.
Old 06-13-2018, 6:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dano3467 View Post
Op, answer this ?

How did this get fast tracked to November ballot when SoJ has been working tirelessly for years for a single split ?

Little hint ! Democrats would receive a great gain (in more left nut job Senators) by doing this

Those lines only favor the left thinking blowhards.

They will still pull together to destroy any freedoms left IMHO.
You're awful close to the border either way. If this doesn't happen I still plan on moving back to the United States when I retire.

Last edited by Rosamond; 06-13-2018 at 6:41 PM..
Old 06-13-2018, 7:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosamond View Post
Kern, Tulare, and all the way to Fresno and Medera counties have oil, farmland and water. Also Southern Ca would have at least half of the Sierra watershed which is currently being stolen by LA. Not to mention the renewable energy that they have dumped on us, they can keep the Sucramento river delta aqueduct and the Delta Smelt and we will keep the Owens and Kern Rivers.

I live here and believe me, these people hate the current California Communist government. People here, who are eligible to vote, want all illegals deported, including the DACA muchachos.

Build the Wall
Deport them All
Every last Juan

We could institute our own requirements to vote and push the "homeless" drug addicts to Los Angeles and San Francisco. We could charge those useless drinkers in those cities whatever we say is fair for water.
Old 06-13-2018, 7:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unbekannt View Post
I live here and believe me, these people hate the current California Communist government. People here, who are eligible to vote, want all illegals deported, including the DACA muchachos.

Build the Wall
Deport them All
Every last Juan

We could institute our own requirements to vote and push the "homeless" drug addicts to Los Angeles and San Francisco. We could charge those useless drinkers in those cities whatever we say is fair for water.
This!
Old 06-13-2018, 8:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadside View Post
NorCal would still be blue (Sac to the Bay Area)
New Cal would be blue (LA and Ventura)
SoCal would be purple

So the D's get 4 more Senators and the number of Reps stays about the same (pop based) and thus would likely still be D's.

There is a much better way to split the state, butt hat does not fit the agenda of the uber rich that can afford to push for it.
END THREAD.

This is not good for anyone except the democrats.

This does not increase representation for ANY rural area. In fact, it will likely dilute our representation further by splitting our districts.

Last edited by adam6955; 06-13-2018 at 8:52 PM..
Old 06-13-2018, 9:39 PM
Calguns Addict

How about we take action to take back California from the Left?
Old 06-13-2018, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cato View Post
How about we take action to take back California from the Left?
Give it time old friend, after the midterm Democrats will win very little Republicans will still hold all 3. Add on the almost inevitable re-ellection of Donald Trump and the left will freak. The more they freak, the more people see them for what they are. Trump has don't really well but on Daca and boarder, but it's only his 2nd year, he is doing better then most.
Old 06-14-2018, 8:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosamond View Post
Not to mention we would be able to secure our southern border once and for all, with out the interference from Sucramento, San Francisco and L.A..!!!!
this is why every conservative in the country should be supporting this plan
Old 06-14-2018, 8:32 AM

I say we should break California off the continental shelf and let it fall into the ocean.

Its going to happen eventually anyways when the big one comes.

The price to me will be high (my life) but for the sake of all the women, children, and men with small hands those folks in the rest of the nation will be freed as New York alone cannot libertat the rest of the nation without California. For the sake of the children let California go into the ocean.

Save the Nation, Save the world!!!!
Old 06-14-2018, 9:36 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch705 View Post
and how do you plan on doing that when they have majority control?

doubtful that you can entice conservatives to move into the state.

and there isn't enough registered voters that are conservative in the state to change the elections state wide, only locally.

so unless you plan on a purge scenario where you wipe out the heavy liberal cities of LA and SF to balance out the voters. this state is lost to the liberals.
Leftist are disqualified from holding office because they violate their sworn oath to uphold the Constitution of the USA. The California Constitution states the US Constitution is the Law of the Land.

If the Government won't remove them from office it's our duty as Citizens to remove and process them.

The first choice is for the Government to police it's own. Second option 1,000 bullets to Freedom. It's 1774 in California.
Old 06-14-2018, 10:42 AM

The people supporting this already are claiming this is supported by the state of Jefferson people. This is a outright lie. The state of Jefferson people do not want anything to do with Sacramento or San Fransisco people in there part of the state and do not want there control of the state of Jefferson.
http://soj51.org/
Old 06-14-2018, 11:00 AM

It's been said better by others so I will quote them:
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure. "
Old 06-14-2018, 1:37 PM

This is just gerrymandering taken to the extreme.

We do not need more of Harris and De Leon types in the Senate. No, no, no..
Old 06-14-2018, 2:05 PM
I need a LIFE!!

The senate doesn't do much without 60 members in one party. It's not really an issue if they get a couple more dems. Mostly more talk.

The Electoral College won't change as that's set by the House districting.

So, what cities would be the new state capitols? Excremento can keep ruling Sodom. They already have the building and a governator's mansion. Gomorra should do well for 'California'. So, what about south? San Diego? San Berdo? Ridgecrest?
Old 06-14-2018, 2:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimi Jah View Post
Old 06-14-2018, 4:23 PM

Anything other than the New California Initiative, which divides it East-west, will just add more democratically controlled states. New California, literally making a new government is the only way to get a sane state at this point
Old 06-14-2018, 4:41 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by augoldminer View Post
The people supporting this already are claiming this is supported by the state of Jefferson people. This is a outright lie. The state of Jefferson people do not want anything to do with Sacramento or San Fransisco people in there part of the state and do not want there control of the state of Jefferson.
http://soj51.org/
The SOJ people only support what will benefit them. The rest of us are nothing and our opinions just the same. If this split benefited them in any way they would be all for it. Since it doesn't it appears they are the loudest opponents to it.

Yet what is really missing is the FACT that there are literally millions of other Californians who are not represented or underrepresented as they are. They have the same opinion as those in the SOJ area that the bay area and Krapamento have ruined California.

This state screws every single person who is not on the left side of politics and that covers every zip code of this state.

Also you aren't the only ones who are sick of bay area politicians controlling this state. They may be south of you but north of millions of other Californians sick of Bay Area political ideology they ram up everyone's butt in this state.

Thank your neighbor and fellow gun owners for passing Prop 63. For that gun control is a winning legislative agenda.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6Dj8tdSC1A
contact the governor
https://govnews.ca.gov/gov39mail/mail.php
In Memory of Spc Torres May 5th 2006 al-Hillah, Iraq. I will miss you my friend.
NRA Life Member.
Old 06-14-2018, 5:09 PM
I need a LIFE!!

I do like the fact that NorCal will have all the water.

We can sell it to SoCal and CA by the quart.
Old 06-14-2018, 6:54 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by taperxz View Post
I do like the fact that NorCal will have all the water.

We can sell it to SoCal and CA by the quart.
Good thing where I live I don't get any water from Northern California.

Thank your neighbor and fellow gun owners for passing Prop 63. For that gun control is a winning legislative agenda.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6Dj8tdSC1A
contact the governor
https://govnews.ca.gov/gov39mail/mail.php
In Memory of Spc Torres May 5th 2006 al-Hillah, Iraq. I will miss you my friend.
NRA Life Member.
Old 06-14-2018, 9:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Offwidth View Post
This is just gerrymandering taken to the extreme.

We do not need more of Harris and De Leon types in the Senate. No, no, no..
Just think. You could have both Feinstein and De Leon in the Senate if this passes.
Old 06-14-2018, 9:29 PM

we need rural county sheriffs to stand up and say nope, not gonna enforce these dumb laws. Not gonna comply.
Old 06-14-2018, 9:53 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battosai1 View Post
Give it time old friend, after the midterm Democrats will win very little Republicans will still hold all 3. Add on the almost inevitable re-ellection of Donald Trump and the left will freak. The more they freak, the more people see them for what they are. Trump has don't really well but on Daca and boarder, but it's only his 2nd year, he is doing better then most.
I hear 'ya.

Marxism and the left are dying out. They are all a bunch of effete sissies who will scratch each others eyes out in the end.
Old 06-14-2018, 10:43 PM
Calguns Addict

Looks like more Dumbocrat gerrymandering to me.
Old 06-15-2018, 3:36 AM

Quote:
The senate doesn't do much without 60 members in one party. It's not really an issue if they get a couple more dems. Mostly more talk.

So, what cities would be the new state capitols? Excremento can keep ruling Sodom. They already have the building and a governator's mansion. Gomorra should do well for 'California'. So, what about south? San Diego? San Berdo? Ridgecrest?
Sacramento, Santa Monica and Huntington Beach.
Old 06-15-2018, 4:56 AM

Quote:
First off, vote the jackwagons out of office. Second, change CA (and in fact all states) from a winner take all to a proportion of the vote. This would allow our votes to be heard. But it looks like only two states, Nebraska and Maine, allow for the proportional allocation of votes.

But with all the crying and moaning about voter ID and being there for the little guy, libs are far from wanting equal representation.
Old 06-15-2018, 5:49 AM

I'm not totally opposed to it simply to shake up the status quo.

Nothing will be changing any time soon unless voter ID is implemented and we can ensure illegals aren't voting. Unfortunately that will never happen because the lack of voter ID is likely what is keeping all the D's in office to begin with...
Old 06-15-2018, 6:29 AM

Unless LA and San Francisco are in the same state, and Orange County isn't with them then no.
Old 06-15-2018, 7:27 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Sodom and Gomorra want their own state.
Old 06-15-2018, 1:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadside View Post
NorCal would still be blue (Sac to the Bay Area)
New Cal would be blue (LA and Ventura)
SoCal would be purple

So the D's get 4 more Senators and the number of Reps stays about the same (pop based) and thus would likely still be D's.
Not exactly four more senators. Democrats get two more senators (as we already have two democratic senators). And the Republicans probably get two new senators. So, the big question is what the net effect is.

Current split is 51-49 (including two independents that count as democrats). Thus, Republicans have a two senator majority. (51-49=2)

OK, let's assume that there are six senators from the three new California states. Four are democrat. Two are Republican. The new split would be 53-51. (We're only adding four senators, because California already has two.) Nothing changes under this scenario because Republicans have a two senator majority. (53-51=2)

The problem is the assumption that two of the six senators will be Republican. South California, as others have mentioned, would be a purple state. And in some years, the Democrats might pick up a senator or two. At the very least, the Republican senators coming out of South California would be more middle of the road than the ones coming out of more Republican states. (Heck, I cannot imagine a Republican out of Orange County or San Diego not expressing support for some form of gay rights and MJ legalization.)

Last edited by SamIAm; 06-15-2018 at 4:31 PM..
Old 06-15-2018, 3:50 PM

As someone who lives in Orange County I think this would give us some power over our laws. Orange County is generally conservative but held back by the rest of the states liberals.

If the state was split at least the people leaving the state would have an option to stay on the coast and still be in a conservative state.

Think about if all of the people leaving to Arizona just came down to Orange County or San Diego county. We could open up the gun laws and knock back some of the crazy emmisions laws
Old 06-15-2018, 6:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhyla View Post
Hilarious to see the responses here. True colors are showing. You Jefferson people don’t want better representation, you want a state where your political party wins.
As they should. Northern Ca is overwhelmingly red. Right now a small geographical area decides what's best for the rest of the state. If the Jefferson split came to fruition the northern population would get what they want and the South would keep getting what they want.
Makes sense to me.

Actually I kind of speed read your post and missed your point. Having said that If Jefferson existed they would get both.

Last edited by humble servant; 06-15-2018 at 8:48 PM..
Old 06-15-2018, 7:32 PM

The biggest hurdle isn't getting it approved in California.. It would be getting it passed in Congress.
Old 06-16-2018, 7:51 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Eastvale View Post
The biggest hurdle isn't getting it approved in California.. It would be getting it passed in Congress.
And not only won't that happen, but also no one here mentions that.

If I could live my life all over,
It wouldn't matter anyway,
'Cause I never could stay sober
On the Corpus Christi Bay. Robert Earl Keene

Heaven goes by favor.
If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in. Mark Twain
Old 06-16-2018, 8:50 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Eastvale View Post
This.

And here is the deal. Congress will not approve of three blue states with six blue senators. (But they can amend the proposal so that the split and the borders are not as defined by the Draper map, and redraw the map in a manner that does not change the balance of power in the Senate.)

Sometimes the law defends plunder and participates in it. Sometimes the law places the whole apparatus of judges, police, prisons and gendarmes at the service of the plunderers, and treats the victim -- when he defends himself -- as a criminal. Bastiat

“Everything the State says is a lie, and everything it has it has stolen.” Friedrich Nietzsche