Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Gunsmithing & How To
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Gunsmithing & How To Pro, Amateur & WECSOG and Tutorials, Guides & OLL Build Instructions

Old 05-29-2017, 2:05 AM

Nice design! The compact block 80 looks much better than the full size one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftone View Post

The attachment goes onto the bottom rail and the long screw replaces the recoil spring. When the nut on the outside of the aluminum plate (hard to see in the pictures, but it is there) is unscrewed it allows the slide to chamber a round from the dummy zero sled. When the nut is tightened it holds the slide in place when a round is fired. I.E. A single shot from a fixed magazine. The screw shown will not be on the finished product. I will get a Grade 8 machine screw to use.
Old 06-11-2017, 5:03 PM

Got mine done. Did notice that if locked open on empty mag and I release it with the slide release, it don't not reset the trigger.

I compared with a glock 19 and it did that every time.

I may just need to cycle it more cuz everything else is fine. Just when I lock the slide back and release it, it doesn't always reset the trigger.
Old 06-13-2017, 2:26 AM
Calgunner
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

In case anyone was wondering G19 Gen 3 Agency Arms Magwell didn't fit for me. Might need some sanding to make work. I might just pick up Zev tho.
Old 06-13-2017, 7:14 PM
Calgunner
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Contacted ploymer80 and they said: "Zev, SLR and Glock Store magwells work with PF940C"
Old 06-14-2017, 6:39 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAFVET1 View Post
Contacted ploymer80 and they said: "Zev, SLR and Glock Store magwells work with PF940C"
Thanks for the info. I can confirm that Taran Tactical Carry magwell (my favorite magwell) will not fit without some filing and sanding of the front lip. OE front lip is round while the PF940C is a bit square in shape. It can easily be done with some minor filing though.
Old 06-15-2017, 10:50 PM
Calguns Addict

So I had a problem with my 2nd compact build. The front and rear rails were out of spec. Rear rails were not bent to 90 degrees causing slide drag. Front rail was not spaced correctly causing the slide to have a very loose fit. Took pics of everything with measurements using digital calipers and emailed them to P80. Got a response immediately that they are sending out replacement parts. Their customer service seems to be on point. My first compact frame is exactly on point with all of my measurements though. Nice tight fit with the slide. Not tight enough to Hang though.
Old 06-16-2017, 6:24 AM

Anyone else having issues with the trigger being stuck in the "pulled position" after racking the slide and dry firing? I made a post about it but haven't received a lot of feedback. All OEM Glock parts including slide. The trigger will reset after the first cycle but doesn't reset after that. Any ideas or has anyone experienced the same issue?
Old 06-16-2017, 6:41 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
I have head about that from a few different people on this and other forums. The drop in rails seem to be a bit hit and miss. Happy to hear the people at P80 are on top of any issues.
Yup! I have a feeling the frame itself is out of spec too. But I agreed to trying the replacement rails first. The front rail/locking block combo gets squeezed real tight when I install it in the rail which is one of the reasons I'm getting such a loose fit with the slide. But even out of the frame the front rails are out of spec and about 5 thousands too narrow vs the spacing on my stock G19 and first P80 compact build. We shall see when I get the replacements in I guess.
Old 06-16-2017, 6:46 AM

Quote:
I read your post and tried to duplicate your issue with no luck. Have you put many/or any rounds thru it?

Haven't put any rounds through it yet. I figured if i can't have it running properly without rounds in it, I wont feel comfortable actually firing it.

It doesn't look like the striker is catching the triggerbar when the slide comes back. And the issue only happens when I apply pressure to the trigger when the slide comes back.
Old 06-16-2017, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stats View Post
Anyone else having issues with the trigger being stuck in the "pulled position" after racking the slide and dry firing? I made a post about it but haven't received a lot of feedback. All OEM Glock parts including slide. The trigger will reset after the first cycle but doesn't reset after that. Any ideas or has anyone experienced the same issue?
Mine doesn't get stuck per se. Can you rack it several times and dry fire? I can rack and rack and rack and dry fire mine no problem. If I lock it back on empty mag and release it with slide release, my trigger won't reset sometimes. My a huge deal. I guess I just need to file down some material in the back.
Old 06-16-2017, 5:41 PM

I was thinking about building my own but started reading about the requirements for CA around building 80% handguns. It's also stated in Inlander Arms signature. See below. What is everyone doing? Are you all buying kits to modify them to single shot bolt action? I'm trying to understand the legalities behind buildling one myself.

CA Legal 80% Handgun Build Compliance Kits
(a) A person in this state who manufactures an unsafe handgun shall be punished by imprisonment in a county jail not exceeding one year.
(b) shall not apply to a single-shot pistol with a break top or bolt action and a barrel length of not less than six inches and that has an overall length of at least 10 inches when the handle, frame or receiver, and barrel are assembled.
Old 06-17-2017, 9:19 PM
Calguns Addict

.22 sub caliber insert is the easiest way to do it.

What riflegear did in the SSE days, basically.
Old 06-17-2017, 9:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saki302 View Post
.22 sub caliber insert is the easiest way to do it.

What riflegear did in the SSE days, basically.
So my next question. Is the modifications to make it single shot permanent? Does the life of the gun have to be configured this way?
Old 06-24-2017, 10:00 PM
Vendor/Retailer

It's been a while since checking up on this thread. We just wrapped up production on our new 9 inch stainless steel barrel inserts (9mm converted to 25ACP)

The benefits of using an insert:
1) No need to block the magwell
2) Compatible with any 9mm barrel. Our customers opted for this over a full-on extended G19 barrel because the lugs are different between G17 and G19

We have heard from one customer that they successfully used our kit on their 80% Sig build.

Order a kit here
Combo.jpg

Complete Kit w/PF940C frame here ($20 discount)
Combo PF940C.jpg

What it looks like when it's installed:
installed.jpg

We just uploaded a new installation video for the PF940C.

Polymer80 50cal Beowulf Magazines (10 Round California Legal)
Compatible with: Glock 17 (PF940v1 + v2), Glock 19 (PF940C), Lone Wolf Timberwolf Frames, Sig P320, and more! Email us for details info@inlanderarms.com

Last edited by Inlander Arms; 06-26-2017 at 9:20 PM..
Old 06-29-2017, 10:00 PM

Anyone else having a hard time inserting/removing pins? I've drilled everything to spec. From the glocks I've recently handled, you shouldn't have to use a hammer and a punch to insert/remove them. Im trying to strip my lower but I'm having a hard time removing the trigger pin. I remember them being a pain to install as well.
Old 06-30-2017, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inlander Arms View Post
It's been a while since checking up on this thread. We just wrapped up production on our new 9 inch stainless steel barrel inserts (9mm converted to 25ACP)

The benefits of using an insert:
1) No need to block the magwell
2) Compatible with any 9mm barrel. Our customers opted for this over a full-on extended G19 barrel because the lugs are different between G17 and G19

We have heard from one customer that they successfully used our kit on their 80% Sig build.

Order a kit here
Attachment 616657

Complete Kit w/PF940C frame here ($20 discount)
Attachment 616658

What it looks like when it's installed:
Attachment 617042

We just uploaded a new installation video for the PF940C.
Can you comment on the life of the gun? Under California law, does the firearm have to be a single shot bolt action for the life of the gun?
Old 06-30-2017, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stats View Post
Anyone else having a hard time inserting/removing pins? I've drilled everything to spec. From the glocks I've recently handled, you shouldn't have to use a hammer and a punch to insert/remove them. Im trying to strip my lower but I'm having a hard time removing the trigger pin. I remember them being a pain to install as well.
I had the same issues initially. I found that after drilling the pinholes in the frame tiny plastic burrs were hanging on the inside of the frame and were lodging in the holes of the metal LBRS and RRM making pin insertion more difficult. I cleaned the holes of burrs by lightly using a small round file and 1000 grit sand paper -- be careful not to enlarge the holes in the frame! I also dry fit the pins (outside of the frame) in the appropriate holes of the LBRS and RRM -- I think the finish coating on these metal pieces added a minute amount to make the holes a bit snug, so I used the round file very lightly to open up the holes a bit. Hope this helps.
Old 06-30-2017, 12:29 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by daewon774 View Post
Can you comment on the life of the gun? Under California law, does the firearm have to be a single shot bolt action for the life of the gun?
The only legal claim our attorneys allow us to make is that our kit satisfies the single shot exemption written in the penal code.

As far as using it as a semi auto after the build.. we don't see any changes that would make the situation different from the original single shot days when thousands of people converted to semi auto. Some folks cite a change in the definition of manufacture via AB857, but it appears that definition was limited to that particular chapter. Again, we can't offer legal advice on this, but you're certainly better off than building straight to semi auto.

Compatible with: Glock 17 (PF940v1 + v2), Glock 19 (PF940C), Lone Wolf Timberwolf Frames, Sig P320, and more! Email us for details info@inlanderarms.com
Old 07-04-2017, 5:34 PM
Calguns Addict

All you need is a simple barrel insert.

It becomes a single shot by default- it will not cycle, and obviously it will not feed from the mag.
Old 07-09-2017, 2:51 PM

THANK YOU! Was having this issue, and your post came up when I searched. Just fixed mine.

Cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MosinVirus View Post
Here is a video that should help explain how the trigger works and how it resets.

If the trigger doesn't even attempt to reset on the slide returning to battery, the problem is not the striker spring.
Sometimes, when incorrectly reinstalled, the hook of the spring connected to the trigger bar is going to be on the side of the trigger bar, not below it. Correct the position and your issue may go away.
This is not my image and it shows and incorrect reassembly:

This is correct reassembly (the image is still not mine):

If the trigger resets but doesn't reset out enough to engage the trigger safety tab, that could be caused by a weak striker spring.
Old 07-21-2017, 2:52 PM

Agency arms Gen3 17 magwell fits the 80compact perfect. The Zev magwell does fit but does not work with 10rd mags. Just a heads up.
Old 08-24-2017, 3:27 PM

In the interest of keeping my California collection legal, I went ahead and did a self registration on my PF940C build.

Some what to my surprise I received the approval letter in the mail this afternoon.

For the process I sent in pictures of it built first as a single shot and dimensionally correct California legal handgun using a SSE barrel and slide lock (similar to what Inlander Arms sells, but homemade)

Also pictured was the engraved metal plate showing the serial number and manufacturer information. (Serial, my name and city and state)

Old 08-29-2017, 1:08 AM
Vendor/Retailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by saki302 View Post
All you need is a simple barrel insert.

It becomes a single shot by default- it will not cycle, and obviously it will not feed from the mag.
That is how the original single shot exemption worked until they amended it, adding the break top or bolt action requirement as well as never semi auto before hand.