Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Old 03-28-2018, 1:27 PM
Some Yahoo on the Web
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorCaliber View Post
If I understand, the state law requires them to decide within 90 days of getting the fingerprint results back, so if they don't improve the final step, in order to comply with the law they will have to begin delaying submittals of fingerprints or delay initial appointments. I believe I read somewhere that Riverside County is backed up close to two years.

PC 26505:
Quote:
The licensing authority shall give written notice to the applicant indicating if the license under this article is approved or denied. The licensing authority shall give this notice within 90 days of the initial application for a new license or a license renewal, or 30 days after receipt of the applicant’s criminal background check from the Department of Justice, whichever is later. If the license is denied, the notice shall state which requirement was not satisfied.
https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/f...ctionNum=26205.

If they never submit it for a background check, the time period is open ended...

Riversides issues stem from a lack of personnel processing applications and an ongoing budget battle between the Sherriff and the County board. Ventura had a backlog of something like 16 months for a while and I waited 12 months from application to issue. They are now down to a few months processing time.
"The best gun is the one you'll have on you when you need it the most, the one you know how to use, the one that goes BANG every single time you pull the trigger. Whether that gun cost you $349 or $1,100 it's worth every penny if it saves your life, or the life of someone you love. -Tim Schmit, CCW Magazine July 2015

Last edited by baggss; 03-28-2018 at 1:31 PM..
Old 03-28-2018, 1:43 PM

Thanks for the clarification Baggss. Do you know if the background check is started as soon as the machine at SDSO is done with your fingerprints, or is it some manual process that is started when the clerk at SDSO decides to submit it through some other process and can hold as long as they want?

The more time I spend on this forum, the more sense kcbrown makes.
Old 03-28-2018, 1:57 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the clarification Baggss. Do you know if the background check is started as soon as the machine at SDSO is done with your fingerprints, or is it some manual process that is started when the clerk at SDSO decides to submit it through some other process and can hold as long as they want?
It goes to CA DOJ, who processes through multiple databases. There have been reports that this workload is done manually, and may not have people assigned full time to it.
Old 03-28-2018, 3:07 PM
Some Yahoo on the Web
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markinsac View Post
It goes to CA DOJ, who processes through multiple databases. There have been reports that this workload is done manually, and may not have people assigned full time to it.
This.

I also don't know if it's "automatic" or if the Sheriffs Dept. has to manually submit it into the queue for processing...
"The best gun is the one you'll have on you when you need it the most, the one you know how to use, the one that goes BANG every single time you pull the trigger. Whether that gun cost you $349 or $1,100 it's worth every penny if it saves your life, or the life of someone you love. -Tim Schmit, CCW Magazine July 2015

Old 03-28-2018, 7:30 PM

I've been out of the loop for some 20 odd years. I would never have thought this much progress would have been made. SD County Gun Owners is hosting a CCW seminar at the GlockStore on 4/3 1800-2000hrs. Has anyone ever attended one of these?
Old 03-28-2018, 8:13 PM

Yes, it is very valuable if you are planning on applying (originally I wrote "attending") as is the video on the SDCGO website. I highly recommend both.

Last edited by MajorCaliber; 03-29-2018 at 1:34 PM.. Reason: typo
Old 04-04-2018, 11:16 AM

Received hard copy unrestricted LTC from SDSO this AM.
First appt 01/11/18.
Second appt 01/12/18 with app completed and printed and picted, paid $105.
Third appt 04/04/18 brought in training cert and surprised they gave me CCW card in hand. Just under 12 weeks total, paid another $50.51.
I've been reading about OC CCW process the last several years with envy. This was my best experience dealing with staff at SDSO I've had in last 25 yrs. People and times do change. Rank and file cops are gererally pro CCW. At this time our republican Sheriff is pro CCW and I hope it lasts. Lets all get together and love one another. I have had a chip on my shoulder in the past regaurding the Lic Div.I will make it a point to talk courteously about the Sheriff and all staff in future or button my mouth.
I do thank Michael Schwartz and all SDCGO. Everyone support NRA, you're nuts not to join SDCGO and do support Calguns with $ and time as Baggss and Paladen are doing.
Mark Cleary
Old 04-04-2018, 12:29 PM

Congratulations!!!

It's a shame that getting permission to exercise a constitutional right has to be such a big deal; it should be as common as grabbing lunch, but in reality it is a really big deal. Thanks for going through the process and helping to widen that path for all of us.

Old 04-04-2018, 4:06 PM

When did you get approval to get CCW training? IOW, how long between 2nd interview and approval to proceed to training?
Old 04-04-2018, 5:50 PM

Two weeks ago. 10 weeks between #2 and green light to train.
Old 04-04-2018, 6:34 PM
Calguns Addict

So first appointment you bring your application and justification, and if you get passed the questioning the next interview you bring documentation they ask for as evidence for your justification?

"Yeah, like... well, I just want to slap a hippie or two. Maybe even make them get jobs."

Old 04-04-2018, 9:21 PM

If you bring absolutely everything you need to the first interview and it is all complete and requires no revisions, AND the stars align and they have time in their schedule, you may get the first two appointments done in one long appointment. If you are interested I'll type out the list and details to the best of my understanding at this point based on my experience and that of other recent ones I am aware of.

Old 04-04-2018, 9:47 PM
Calguns Addict

That would be great. I mean we all have a month to burn waiting so might as well put everything possible together.

"Yeah, like... well, I just want to slap a hippie or two. Maybe even make them get jobs."

Old 04-05-2018, 8:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CessnaDriver View Post
So first appointment you bring your application and justification, and if you get passed the questioning the next interview you bring documentation they ask for as evidence for your justification?
Really?
Old 04-05-2018, 10:41 AM

Based on my experience and conversations with SDSO and what I can glean from the recent experiences of others, here is my current information on how to get the best shot at completing your first two appointments in one session. Note that no matter how prepared you are, there is no guarantee this will work. It depends on if the clerk just happens to have the available time in his/her schedule at that moment. For everything other than the application and good cause statement, bring both the originals and clear copies to save them the time of making copies. The idea here is to do every possible part of their job for them in advance to save them time. The less time they have to spend on your application, the faster yours get processed as well as those of your friends behind you in line. Bring every possible thing you think they might conceivably want, just in case. You should bring:

1. Your completed TYPED application. While the form provided does not allow you to save it with information filled out, what I did was print the blank form, collected my data and filled it out by hand, then when fully ready, opened a blank form on my computer, filled it all in and printed it all in one session. Consider having somebody review it for typos or missing information prior to printing. On any space on the form where no data applies, such as “Spouse’s Physical Address”, write “none” or “N/A” to show you did not miss it.

2. Your typed good cause statement on a separate sheet. They say they prefer a single sheet but will accept two. Make sure your name and phone number appear on each page.

3. Your driver’s license, and a copy.

4. At least two current proofs of your address. They seem to be concerned that people might submit a document that was true at one point but that you might have moved recently so what they want is the most recent bills of a utility bill that your receive monthly, not a bill that covers a multi month period, even if your current version was issued last week. This makes no sense to me but that’s the answer I got. Bring both the originals and full copies. I would bring three separate proofs like this in case they don’t like one. Printed copies of bills you receive electronically seem to be acceptable.

5. Any possible documentation that supports your good cause statement such as a signed letter from your employer on company letterhead, relevant licenses, police reports, receipts, etc. If a piece of paper exists that shows you are not making your good cause up out of whole cloth, bring it.

6. Any other documentation requested regarding prior tickets, arrests, etc.

You will be asked to discuss your good cause even though you are providing it in written form. Be prepared to do that.

If anybody has anything to add or any contrary recent information, please share!

Last edited by MajorCaliber; 04-05-2018 at 11:22 AM.. Reason: format
Old 04-05-2018, 12:02 PM

Good information Major Caliber.

In my case, the first interview provided valuable information for use in bolstering my good cause statement, so unless an individual thought that their good cause statement was "final" and could not be improved, it likely will take 2 visits. I would add that on all parts of the application that are not applicable to your particular situation (traffic accidents, aka's, etc.), write "NONE" in each space. My interviewer indicated that the reviewers do not like to see blank spaces...
Old 04-05-2018, 12:36 PM

Good summary Major.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Learning View Post
Good information Major Caliber.

In my case, the first interview provided valuable information for use in bolstering my good cause statement, so unless an individual thought that their good cause statement was "final" and could not be improved, it likely will take 2 visits. I would add that on all parts of the application that are not applicable to your particular situation (traffic accidents, aka's, etc.), write "NONE" in each space. My interviewer indicated that the reviewers do not like to see blank spaces...

This is pretty much what the first "interview" is about. The licensing clerks are extremely helpful in going through your application to be sure that not only is everything filled out correctly they also provide ways you can phrase things or suggest things that may help your case. The idea is that you can convince the review board that you fit in one of the pre-defined good cause "buckets" i.e. the bullet point items on the SDCSO website.

IF everything looks good and you have all your supporting documents the clerk may go directly to the second "interview". The second interview is just a matter of handing in all the completed and polished package, taking a picture, the Live Scan and paying the $105.63. So I supposed if you are completely satisfied with what you prepared and the clerk offers to go to the second interview be prepared to pay.

Note that I put quotes on the word "interview". It is my understanding that the clerk who handles your case is not involved in any of the decision making of your approval or denial. So the first and second interviews are really just a matter of completing and submitting your application. So your approval is completely dependent on your background check and your good cause statement. There is no assessment based on face to face interview. I guess no different than mailing in an application for out of state permit such as AZ - with exception of good cause, of course.

Last edited by rice_man; 04-05-2018 at 12:43 PM..
Old 04-05-2018, 1:07 PM

Default Last but not least

You're telling them you want to carry a gun to defend yourself. Start with the pepper spray in your pocket. The gun is a last resort I hope. I do carry pepper spray and if it comes up the interviewer can write that yes, you were carring this in your pocket. Yes, you've had martial arts training but most importantly you know when and how to run while calling popo.
These people don't know you.If your only answer to a problem is a hammer you have in your pocket bla,bla, bla. Paint them a vivid picture of how society is better off with you walking around with a .38 in your pocket.
Even though the clerk has no deciding factor in your getting the LTC they write a note introducing you and your deal. It behoves you to humanize yourself.

Last edited by marcusrn; 04-05-2018 at 1:11 PM..
Old 04-05-2018, 1:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymez619 View Post
I've been out of the loop for some 20 odd years. I would never have thought this much progress would have been made. SD County Gun Owners is hosting a CCW seminar at the GlockStore on 4/3 1800-2000hrs. Has anyone ever attended one of these?
How did I miss this class?
Old 04-05-2018, 2:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rice_man View Post
Good summary Major.

This is pretty much what the first "interview" is about. The licensing clerks are extremely helpful in going through your application to be sure that not only is everything filled out correctly they also provide ways you can phrase things or suggest things that may help your case. The idea is that you can convince the review board that you fit in one of the pre-defined good cause "buckets" i.e. the bullet point items on the SDCSO website.

IF everything looks good and you have all your supporting documents the clerk may go directly to the second "interview". The second interview is just a matter of handing in all the completed and polished package, taking a picture, the Live Scan and paying the $105.63. So I supposed if you are completely satisfied with what you prepared and the clerk offers to go to the second interview be prepared to pay.

Note that I put quotes on the word "interview". It is my understanding that the clerk who handles your case is not involved in any of the decision making of your approval or denial. So the first and second interviews are really just a matter of completing and submitting your application. So your approval is completely dependent on your background check and your good cause statement. There is no assessment based on face to face interview. I guess no different than mailing in an application for out of state permit such as AZ - with exception of good cause, of course.
I concur with all of that. I wrote my GC very carefully and I guess I got lucky. The clerk had no suggestions for improvement and said I was good to go as is. From that I can only conclude that I must have fit into a clear category for approval, or alternatively, it was so inadequate that it was beyond hope and not worth wasting another minute on. I'm hoping for the first.

Old 04-05-2018, 7:11 PM

If I recall correctly, the application instructions clearly state that file out the application form, up to a certain point and then stop. Bring what you have been asked for to the first appointment (follow the app instructions closely). I think they want people who can follow instructions.

Unless you have documented threats against your life, a legitimate need for a CCW to be processed quickly, then I think that works against you. Trying to do it all in one appointment, being in a hurry (in my opinion) is not what they're looking for.

They are going to ask you questions, say and doing things, that will have you reconsidering if carrying a gun is really a good idea. Acting like you want to circumvent their process, speed things up, may not be wise.

Last edited by GlockUnCut; 04-05-2018 at 7:15 PM..
Old 04-05-2018, 7:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlockUnCut View Post
If I recall correctly, the application instructions clearly state that file out the application form, up to a certain point and then stop. Bring what you have been asked for to the first appointment (follow the app instructions closely). I think they want people who can follow instructions.
When I actually sopke to them I was told to fill out section 7 regardless of printed instructions to the contrary. I did so and everything proceeded normally.

Quote:
Unless you have documented threats against your life, a legitimate need for a CCW to be processed quickly, then I think that works against you. Trying to do it all in one appointment, being in a hurry (in my opinion) is not what they're looking for.
I did not ask to have it all done in one appointment. It was an option they offered and my clerk preferred to do it that way since it saves wasted time between appointments.

Quote:
They are going to ask you questions, say and doing things, that will have you reconsidering if carrying a gun is really a good idea. Acting like you want to circumvent their process, speed things up, may not be wise.
They asked no such questions. and did nothing to dissuade me from either applying or carrying.

Was your actual experience with the process significantly different from mine? if so, please share.

Old 04-05-2018, 8:05 PM

Yup. Mine was different and that was last year. Before the larger influx of applicants.

Very interesting. Your actual milage does seem to vary!
Old 04-05-2018, 8:50 PM

Agreed. There seems to have been a YUUUGE change in attitude and while the written policy has not changed, the way it is interpreted and implemented has changed tremendously between last year and now. They were nothing but completely supportive with me, and my understanding is that in the past they did everything they could to discourage applicants. It used to be that they were looking for any reason to say "no" and now it seems like they are looking for reasons to say "yes".

Old 04-08-2018, 4:53 AM

According go Sheriff Gore there have been 186 CCW applications in the first three months of this year. He does not say how many of those have gone completely through the process and have been issued but so far there have only been 6 denials. 2 of those were prohibited by the state and 3 did not pass background check. Not sure of the last one or if his math is off. So basically he makes it sound as if your application has gone through with a decent good cause statement, chances of approval are pretty good.

Source is an interview last week on KOGO radio with Carl DeMaio. CCW discussion starts at about 4:40

https://kogo.iheart.com/featured/the...ersy-and-ccws/

Last edited by rice_man; 04-08-2018 at 5:10 AM..
Old 04-08-2018, 11:21 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rice_man View Post
According go Sheriff Gore there have been 186 CCW applications in the first three months of this year. He does not say how many of those have gone completely through the process and have been issued but so far there have only been 6 denials. 2 of those were prohibited by the state and 3 did not pass background check. Not sure of the last one or if his math is off. So basically he makes it sound as if your application has gone through with a decent good cause statement, chances of approval are pretty good.

Source is an interview last week on KOGO radio with Carl DeMaio. CCW discussion starts at about 4:40

https://kogo.iheart.com/featured/the...ersy-and-ccws/
and the CCW part ends at 10:00.

What stood out, beside the raw numbers of applicants (186) and denials (6) in the first 3 months of this year, was the percent approval rate (94%) and saying that when an application is on the fence between issuing and denying over GC, he now says issue it (at 9:00 min). If you keep track of posters re. SDSO, that sounds also like the attitude of the CCW unit re. applicants and their applications: they're no longer looking for an excuse to deny a CCW, but looking for a reason to issue it AS LONG AS YOU'RE OTHERWISE QUALIFIED (e.g., pass background check/GMC).

So, (1) yes, Gore has really changed his attitude & practices re. CCWs and so has the CCW unit. (2) If you're not willing to figure out something -- anything -- that distinguishes you from the average SD resident that could put you at risk (e.g., often go hiking/camping where cell phone coverage is spotty; regularly go shooting with several semiauto handguns, rifles, and/or shotguns and hundreds of rounds of ammunition) AND PROVIDE EVIDENCE/PROOF THAT THOSE THINGS ARE TRUE (photos of you hiking/camping in wilderness; shooting range receipts, gun club fee receipts/membership card, photos of you shooting at that range, etc), you're either lazy or you're trying to make a point and not really trying to get a CA CCW.

And for those who think they're "too principled" to put more than "self defense" as GC and somehow think that will improve things in CA: (1) How does that make you and yours safer?

(2) The NRA got a LOT of states that were on the fence to pass Shall Issue because they could point to states that had already passed it and had no problems with it. The more counties within CA that we get to readily issue CCWs will similarly put pressure on the remaining counties to issue more liberally.

Of course, just as with states, there will be some counties that will fight us to the bitter end. But, since CA CCWs are good throughout the state, the more GGs with CCWs in CA, the better for all of us, regardless of whether we individually have a CCW or not. That's why we also want national reciprocity: to FLOOD CA with out-of-state CCWers (16M nationwide, IIRC). (FWIW Myers, on his campaign website, says he opposes national reciprocity.)

230+ examples of CCWs Saving Lives.

KnifeRights.org/images/KRbanner_468x60-1.gif

Last edited by Paladin; 04-09-2018 at 3:07 PM..
Old 04-08-2018, 4:08 PM

I know how difficult it is to speak as clearly in an interview as one would like to or as clearly as one can write, but taken literally, Gore’s words mean nothing. Comparing a number of applicants to a number of denials in a three month period when the period it takes to process an application is 60-90 days tells us nothing. If he had said 186 applications had been “adjudicated” or something similar, that would be significant, but only a small portion of the people who have applied in the first three months of this year have had their outcomes concluded one way or the other, especially considering the applications are not arriving at a constant rate but seem to be arriving at an increasing rate so that number of 186 is back loaded. Perhaps he is just not a numbers guy, or he just spoke carelessly, or it is intentional subterfuge, we have no idea.

All of this is not a reason not to apply, because it is clear that significant change in approval rates has taken place. I’m just trying to clarify what the numbers mean.

Last edited by MajorCaliber; 04-08-2018 at 4:34 PM.. Reason: typo
Old 04-09-2018, 7:18 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
I know how difficult it is to speak as clearly in an interview as one would like to or as clearly as one can write, but taken literally, Gore’s words mean nothing. Comparing a number of applicants to a number of denials in a three month period when the period it takes to process an application is 60-90 days tells us nothing. If he had said 186 applications had been “adjudicated” or something similar, that would be significant, but only a small portion of the people who have applied in the first three months of this year have had their outcomes concluded one way or the other, especially considering the applications are not arriving at a constant rate but seem to be arriving at an increasing rate so that number of 186 is back loaded. Perhaps he is just not a numbers guy, or he just spoke carelessly, or it is intentional subterfuge, we have no idea.
I believe you are confusing "approval" rate (i.e., they have been provisionally approved pending passing training, etc), with "issuance" rate (% of applicants that have been issued CCWs), which takes longer. Gore used the term "approval rate" in the interview.

Last edited by Paladin; 04-09-2018 at 3:05 PM..
Old 04-09-2018, 7:36 AM
Calguns Addict

One thing is certain for me, this is the best chance I've had in my entire life.. and I ain't gettin' any younger so now is go time. There is nothing to lose and potentially my very life or loved one to save. Hell just yesterday some shirtless anarchy tatted up freak approached my wife and I in parking lot begging for money. The new normal of course.

Old 04-09-2018, 5:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
I believe you are confusing "approval" rate (i.e., they have been provisionally approved pending passing training, etc), with "issuance" rate (% of applicants that have been issued CCWs), which takes longer. Gore used the term "approval rate" in the interview.
It seems to me Gore is confusing them. I suspect you and I are both referring to the same data source, Gore's interview on the Carl DeMeio radio show. Gore said "We had 186 people apply for CCW's in the first 3 months of this year. We turned down 6." He later referred to having a "94% approval rate". I interpret the first part to mean that 186 people submitted applications. Given the 60-90 days it takes for a determination to be made and the fact that it certain seems like the wait time to submit an application has been greatly increasing due to an increasing rate of submittals, I can only conclude that only a small part of those 186 have been either approved or denied at this point.

Now if we knew that out of 186 applications, 6 were denied and 180 were approved, THAT would be 97% approval rate but 6 denials so far out of 186 applications that have come in the door, when most have had no decision, tells us very little numerically.

Old 04-09-2018, 8:34 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
It seems to me Gore is confusing them. I suspect you and I are both referring to the same data source, Gore's interview on the Carl DeMeio radio show. Gore said "We had 186 people apply for CCW's in the first 3 months of this year. We turned down 6." He later referred to having a "94% approval rate". I interpret the first part to mean that 186 people submitted applications. Given the 60-90 days it takes for a determination to be made and the fact that it certain seems like the wait time to submit an application has been greatly increasing due to an increasing rate of submittals, I can only conclude that only a small part of those 186 have been either approved or denied at this point.

Now if we knew that out of 186 applications, 6 were denied and 180 were approved, THAT would be 97% approval rate but 6 denials so far out of 186 applications that have come in the door, when most have had no decision, tells us very little numerically.
I don't "give" you your givens.

In the context of all he said, your interpretation makes no sense. His does. Sure he said there were 6 denials and then says that 2 denials were because they were "prohibited by the state" (whatever that means) and 3 because they couldn't pass the background check. So what happened to the 6th one who was denied??? He also says the approval rate is 94% when that would be true if 6 were denied out of 100, not out of 186, which would be an even higher approval rate of almost 97%

Regardless: he said clearly that none of the denials were for GC.

More importantly, SDCGOPAC has posted in the SDCo. CGSSA thread that "hundreds" (yes, plural), of folks have been issued CCWs since Sept and that NOT ONE has been denied over GC, AFAtheyK. They also posted on their FB page 5 days ago that in the next week or 2 (from then), they'll have a LOT more info on their website's CCW page.

FWIW I'm backing off of SD Co threads because there are really only 2 issues: (1) Has Gore liberalized CCW issuance to where most law-abiding gunnies in SD Co can get a CCW? That has been clearly answered as "Yes!" And (2) Who to vote for on June 5th? That's less clear now, esp given Gore's issuance rate and Myers making part of his campaign promises to fight against National CCW Reciprocity and to fight for removal of all guns and 2nd A RKBA for people merely arrested, not convicted, of DV and other similar crimes (child abuse, elder abuse, animal abuse). (Ck Myer's campaign page under "Issues" and subcategory "Gun Violence".)

My *guess* is that under either Gore or Myers, CCWs should be readily available over the next 4 years. You guys will need them to put the process online to speed up renewals and initial CCWs. The greater the number of SD Co. CCWers, the safer your streets will be AND the less likely a future sheriff will try to go back to restrictive issuance ever again (i.e., require elevated GC). While SD (and OC) should eventually get to ~60,000 CCWers each, I wouldn't feel like your permits are "safe" until you get to at least 20,000. You NEED an online process for that!

The real fight, IMO, in SoCal now is winning LA county (pop. 10M), by electing Bob Lindsey for sheriff. If we can win that, we'll go from just over 50% of CAians being able to readily get CCWs to ~85%

Last edited by Paladin; 04-10-2018 at 6:46 AM..
Old 04-09-2018, 8:53 PM

This might sound like a ridiculously stupid question, but one of the questions is how many tickets/accidents you've had in the past 5 years. How do I go about finding out?
Old 04-09-2018, 9:06 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Someday View Post
This might sound like a ridiculously stupid question, but one of the questions is how many tickets/accidents you've had in the past 5 years. How do I go about finding out?
DMV you can request your record.
https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/dmv/de...ine/dr/welcome

Old 04-09-2018, 10:13 PM
Some Yahoo on the Web
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Someday View Post
Ask your car insurance company. They always seem to know....

Old 04-13-2018, 9:44 PM

OK, next question. I got a copy of my driving record from DMV. I noticed two things right away:
1. no mention of speeding ticket from 3 years ago (I went to traffic school)
2. No mention of no-fault accident last month

Does this mean that I don't have to report them on the application?
Old 04-14-2018, 5:32 PM

List all trafic violations and accidents in last 5 yrs. Tell them traffic school with no record listed so you don't know exact date or cit# because no DMV record and same for no fault accident. I had same on record with a no fault total vehicle and got LTC in 12 weeks. Tell them more, cause chance they know more than you.
Good to see teachers getting involved in their own welfare.

Last edited by marcusrn; 04-14-2018 at 5:35 PM..
Old 04-14-2018, 5:39 PM
Calguns Addict

Front plate missing fix-it ticket I assume is not something to report right?
I was moving, but it's not a moving violation is it?

Old 04-15-2018, 7:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcusrn View Post
List all trafic violations and accidents in last 5 yrs. Tell them traffic school with no record listed so you don't know exact date or cit# because no DMV record and same for no fault accident. I had same on record with a no fault total vehicle and got LTC in 12 weeks. Tell them more, cause chance they know more than you.
Good to see teachers getting involved in their own welfare.
Thanks!
Old 04-16-2018, 1:11 PM
Some Yahoo on the Web
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CessnaDriver View Post
Front plate missing fix-it ticket I assume is not something to report right?
I was moving, but it's not a moving violation is it?
I would report it, just to show honesty....

Old 04-17-2018, 5:53 AM

Just followed up with the clerk yesterday about my application. It has been two months since submittal and he said I was still in background check. Obviously they are really backed up, because I would clear a background in a second.

"Every man dies, not every man really lives!"