Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > CONCEALED CARRY/LICENSE TO CARRY > Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calguns Concealed Carry County Information Forum Information on how to get a LTC in yourCounty

Old 09-16-2016, 3:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthem View Post
Wow. 2 years. I must have just got in under the deluge after the December terrorist attack. Called in December, received an appointment for this past August. I thought that was a long time. I met a person last weekend that says he went through the City of Riverside with his request. Not the Sheriff.

Did he have his interview with Riverside PD yet?
Old 09-19-2016, 9:08 PM
Veteran Member
CGN Contributor

Old 10-02-2016, 12:38 PM

FYI, if you've had your interview and are waiting for "the call" I was told that they are currently getting the live scan results back from approximately mid-May, 2016...so roughly 4 months to get fingerprints back.
Old 10-03-2016, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tj3333 View Post
FYI, if you've had your interview and are waiting for "the call" I was told that they are currently getting the live scan results back from approximately mid-May, 2016...so roughly 4 months to get fingerprints back.
CCW unit told me to expect up to 5 months for livescan results! I thought the point of livescan was to expedite the process? And why can I go down and livescan for other reasons (government employment and license, etc.) and it doesn't take 5 months?

I can understand the 2+ year wait due to the limited staff at Riverside Sheriff, but I can't understand why it takes a state computer system (livescan) 5 months to process fingerprints.
Old 10-04-2016, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selfprotected View Post
Did he have his interview with Riverside PD yet?
He did. Riverside also makes you meet with a Psychologist. At least that is what the guy told me.
Old 10-04-2016, 1:52 PM

I'm up for renewal in jan and called the 22nd of sep and again yesterday (oct 3rd), left a message with the ccw unit letting them know I'm a renewal and expire jan. 2017 .
No call back yet and if livescan is 4-5 months out, looks like my 4 months in advance call should of been 6.

Last edited by crash02; 10-04-2016 at 2:36 PM.. Reason: Just went back through the app, didt see anywhere in the renewal instruction where livescan is needed again.
Old 10-04-2016, 3:24 PM
Veteran Member
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash02 View Post
I'm up for renewal in jan and called the 22nd of sep and again yesterday (oct 3rd), left a message with the ccw unit letting them know I'm a renewal and expire jan. 2017 .
No call back yet and if livescan is 4-5 months out, looks like my 4 months in advance call should of been 6.
Send an email,you'l probably get a response within a few hours.

Old 10-04-2016, 3:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guns4life View Post
Send an email,you'l probably get a response within a few hours.
Thank you, I will try that.
Old 10-04-2016, 5:16 PM
This space for rent!
CGN Contributor

Quote:
He did. Riverside also makes you meet with a Psychologist. At least that is what the guy told me.

Which guy?

I did not meet with a psychologist and have not heard of this requirement for Riverside.

NRA life member since 1997
CRPA member
Old 10-04-2016, 7:57 PM

Quote:
Was he successful in receiving a permit through RPD? I have an interview this month and just trying to get a feel for their stance on issuing.
Old 10-05-2016, 11:36 AM

I emailed deputy Aguirre yesterday to schedule my renewal and got November 18th ( my permit expires February 6th) nov 18th is exactly the same day my first interview was 2 years ago ,and just happens to be my birthday... coincidence? Or just good luck?
Old 10-06-2016, 8:53 PM

You got November 18 2016 to renew by Feb. 2017 is that correct?

Thanks

CCW - AZ/CA/NV
Old 10-06-2016, 9:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emc2867 View Post
You got November 18 2016 to renew by Feb. 2017 is that correct?

Thanks
Yes-
thats the date he gave me for renewal - but same date as last time nov 18th interview, had permit in hand February 6th so little shy of 3 months
Old 10-07-2016, 7:30 PM

I have mine in riverside in march 2017. Any advice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-07-2016, 9:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javier1922 View Post

Make sure you have all your paperwork filled out and everything on the checklist that's needed(i.e. passport photos, proofs of residency, 2 separate money orders or cashiers checks,etc...).
You have some time to double and tripple check your stuff.
Old 10-16-2016, 5:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javier1922 View Post

Ditto what crash said. The reason that the interviews are so far out is because they have to spend so much time herding cats. If everyone showed up with all of the Ts crossed and Is dotted then they could complete the interview and send up the packet for processing and signature. The problem is virtually NOBODY has all their ducks in a row when they show up.

Read the RivCo instructions people. Go through them word by word with a fine toothed comb. Know them front to back. And when you show up have everything that you need. Don't wait until the last day and then realize that you need to get 3 letters of reference. Or you've forgotten to get the two checks.

There are stacks and stacks of pending applications in varying stages of completion all around the CCW office. EVERY time they open the application packet they have to review the whole thing for completeness. If you show up with all the ducks lined up then// they complete the interview, review all the docs, and send the packet upstairs for signature. It is all the incomplete files that take up all their time. There's still only two of them to process all the applications.

Be ready and you streamline the process for Deps. Aguirre and Yezzo, you streamline the process for you, and most important of all, you streamline the process for the next guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmut Shmacher Space Chimp View Post
Where can I get a pair..?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViPER395 View Post
I like it colored
Old 10-17-2016, 9:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboS600 View Post
If you show up with all the ducks lined up then// they complete the interview, review all the docs, and send the packet upstairs for signature. It is all the incomplete files that take up all their time. There's still only two of them to process all the applications.

Be ready and you streamline the process for Deps. Aguirre and Yezzo, you streamline the process for you, and most important of all, you streamline the process for the next guy.
This cannot be emphasized enough. When I called for my appointment, I asked Aguirre what I can do to make the process go as quickly as possible. He told me to have all my ducks in a row. I did. At the interview, he told me my packet was the most complete he had seen in a while, then started talking about the guy that he met with before me, and how he was missing his letters of character reference and checks. Don't be that guy. With the waiting periods what they are, you have PLENTY of time to get your ducks in a row.

I might add; do not bug them (email or phone) with questions you can find out by reading the packets. All the info is there. The only thing that threw me was the CA paperwork says to not fill out certain pages before you arrive. The Riverside paperwork says fill out all the pages of the DOJ paperwork. I had two copies of those pages. One blank, the other filled out. I figured they probably want them filled out, and handed that to him. But I had the blank ones with me just in case.

Finally, buy ALL the guns you want on your permit before your interview. Riverside is not processing adds, so whatever you have at the time of your interview is pretty much what you are stuck with for two years.
Old 10-19-2016, 7:46 AM

I will chime in and agree with this. When I called in January of 2015, I was given an interview date of April 14, 2015. Wait not long back then but I was surprised of such a long wait that the website did not mention. I already had my packet ready to go before I called. I used the next 3 months to review my packet. I did like beachtech and brought filled out pages as well as blank pages as I noted the same discrepancies. I brought copies of things that were not required but they might ask about. I handed them to Aguirre if he asked and he threw out things if he didn't need them. End result, I got my call to pick up my CCW on July 24, 2015. 3 months and 10 days from interview to call to pick up.

Do the extra work, jump through every hoop and be prepared to do everything in your power to make their jobs easier. It's in YOUR best interest.

Don't complain about how we shouldn't have to do all of this because it is our 2nd Amendment right. Just do it. At least we have a fighting chance to get a CCW in our county. I worked with a guy from Tennessee earlier this year who was surprised that I had a CCW as he heard that it didn't happen in California. I could carry in his state with my CCW(have AZ and UT as well) but he couldn't carry in my state with his TN CCW. Go figure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachtech View Post
This cannot be emphasized enough. When I called for my appointment, I asked Aguirre what I can do to make the process go as quickly as possible. He told me to have all my ducks in a row. I did. At the interview, he told me my packet was the most complete he had seen in a while, then started talking about the guy that he met with before me, and how he was missing his letters of character reference and checks. Don't be that guy. With the waiting periods what they are, you have PLENTY of time to get your ducks in a row.

I might add; do not bug them (email or phone) with questions you can find out by reading the packets. All the info is there. The only thing that threw me was the CA paperwork says to not fill out certain pages before you arrive. The Riverside paperwork says fill out all the pages of the DOJ paperwork. I had two copies of those pages. One blank, the other filled out. I figured they probably want them filled out, and handed that to him. But I had the blank ones with me just in case.

Finally, buy ALL the guns you want on your permit before your interview. Riverside is not processing adds, so whatever you have at the time of your interview is pretty much what you are stuck with for two years.

This firearm contains LEAD, a chemical known to cause Great Bodily Injury and/or Death.
Old 10-20-2016, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleighter View Post
Wow. Well...adios I guess.

Well since you seem to be the "guy in the know", did they get a new Lt. yet?

Mark
Old 10-20-2016, 3:31 PM
Veteran Member
CGN Contributor

I got the call today...

Letting me know that it's back to the bottom of the stack for me. My birthday was somehow input incorrectly and neither myself or the livescan operator noticed the error(paperwork shows correct) so after a few months of waiting I am headed back to get another livescan and then it's back into the mountain of applications.

Jealous?

I'm about out of songs about waiting so I'm not sure what to do over the next several months...guess I could just STFU and wait(doubtful!) haha

Old 10-21-2016, 11:14 AM

Default Carefully review what the livescan tech puts in

Quote:
Originally Posted by guns4life View Post
My birthday was somehow input incorrectly and neither myself or the livescan operator noticed the error(paperwork shows correct)
I'm sorry to hear that.

It almost happened to me. When the livescan operator had me review it on the computer, there was a random date as my birthday, and I pointed it out to her. She had no idea where that came from. I think it may have been from the previous applicant and the computer mistakenly autofilled it in.

For all others reading this, be sure to carefully verify the info the livescan tech puts in.
Old 10-21-2016, 9:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachtech View Post
For all others reading this, be sure to carefully verify the info the livescan tech puts in.
Let me pile on this one. Be sure to check ALL of your application. Every. Single. Mundane. Detail. My LCP was DROSd as a .38 instead of a .380. I missed it. Aguirre didn't. I had to go back to Turner's and have them resubmit the DROS (on their dime). Check every detail on the application, the letters of reference, the Livescan, the bank statements, police reports, everything. Go over it with a fine toothed comb. Those who are waiting for their interview over a year from now, maybe a year and a half, have all the time in the world to have all of the documentation and have it completed correctly.

Quote:
Quote:
I like it colored
Old 10-22-2016, 6:55 PM

I just took my safety course and qualified with my 4 pistols yesterday. I did mine thru Jerry Woods. It was a piece of cake. I got there at 9:00am and was home in Yucaipa by 3:00. I was nervous about qualifying, and barely slept the night before. But all the worry was for nothing because it was super easy. Not to mention it was just me and one other guy in the class. And he was only in there for half the class because he was just in there for renewal.

While there I applied for Arizonas permit. Arizonas permit covers almost the whole U.S. Now I just have to get thru my interview which is at the end of next month.... FINGERS CROSSED. Damn, its been a long year.
Old 10-22-2016, 10:23 PM

Good luck to you. Woods is a great guy out in Palm Desert!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twodollardoug View Post
I just took my safety course and qualified with my 4 pistols yesterday. I did mine thru Jerry Woods. It was a piece of cake. I got there at 9:00am and was home in Yucaipa by 3:00. I was nervous about qualifying, and barely slept the night before. But all the worry was for nothing because it was super easy. Not to mention it was just me and one other guy in the class. And he was only in there for half the class because he was just in there for renewal.

While there I applied for Arizonas permit. Arizonas permit covers almost the whole U.S. Now I just have to get thru my interview which is at the end of next month.... FINGERS CROSSED. Damn, its been a long year.
Old 10-24-2016, 10:33 PM

I need a little help from you guys that have recently interviewed. I seems like the order of things has changed since the instructions were written. On the day of the interview, I need to bring two money orders, one for the sheriff and one for the DOJ. What is the amount for each money order?
Old 10-27-2016, 1:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twodollardoug View Post
I need a little help from you guys that have recently interviewed. I seems like the order of things has changed since the instructions were written. On the day of the interview, I need to bring two money orders, one for the sheriff and one for the DOJ. What is the amount for each money order?
both of mine were made out to Riverside County Sheriff. one for $95 and the other for $20
Old 11-07-2016, 6:15 PM
This space for rent!
CGN Contributor

I emailed the Deputies on the 4th to set an appointment up for my renewal . Got a reply @ 5:40am on the 5th. My appointment is December 14th.

Great service!

2 years goes fast!

CRPA member
Old 11-07-2016, 6:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimvh2 View Post
I emailed the Deputies on the 4th to set an appointment up for my renewal . Got a reply @ 5:40am on the 5th. My appointment is December 14th.

Great service!

2 years goes fast!
2 yrs goes fast when u have ur CCW, 2 yrs goes slow when ur waiting to turn in your initial paperwork
patrioticarms@gmail.com
562-360-2584
Old 11-07-2016, 6:48 PM
This space for rent!
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrioticarms View Post
2 yrs goes fast when u have ur CCW, 2 yrs goes slow when ur waiting to turn in your initial paperwork
Yeah, sorry brother!

CRPA member
Old 11-07-2016, 9:47 PM
Veteran Member
CGN Contributor

Old 11-10-2016, 12:29 AM

It will be well worth the wait when you have your ccw in hand. Hang in there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrioticarms View Post
Old 11-15-2016, 4:51 PM

Default Riverside CCW Good Cause

Question...I've read through most of this thread and wanted to see if anyone has recently been through the process and has any updated tips for my good cause statement. How strict are they?

While I have not had direct threats against my life or my family, there are many occasions I'm traveling in rural parts of the state late at night with my family and or my sons travel baseball team. I know typical Law enforcement response times could be extremely long in these areas.

For work, time to time I have to do property inspections in some pretty unsavory neighborhoods. Iíve been harassed a few times and I felt extremely uneasy and even scared, but nothing to the extent of needing to file a police report.

I have my appointment with Officer Rizzo on Jan 9th! I would love suggestions and tips.

On a side note...I saw something mentioned about needing to turn in bank statements??? Is that a requirement? I saw nothing about that on Riverside sheriff's website.

Thanks!
Old 11-15-2016, 7:45 PM

Its been awhile since i posted in here, but my interview is in 3 weeks. Last i recall there was a gentleman in here that people were using for advice on their GC, who was that?
Rem 700 SPS Varmint .308
FN PS90
FN FiveSeveN

For all your heating and cooling needs in So Cal:
www.all-pro-air.com
Old 11-16-2016, 3:42 AM

Being in rural areas where LE has long response times has been used by some people I know. It would be great if you could expound on that and come up with anything addtional as well. The more reasons the better.

I did not submit bank statements, and I believe that is only required if you are claiming to transport large amounts of money, such as from your place of business to the bank.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwayneyl View Post
Question...I've read through most of this thread and wanted to see if anyone has recently been through the process and has any updated tips for my good cause statement. How strict are they?

While I have not had direct threats against my life or my family, there are many occasions I'm traveling in rural parts of the state late at night with my family and or my sons travel baseball team. I know typical Law enforcement response times could be extremely long in these areas.

For work, time to time I have to do property inspections in some pretty unsavory neighborhoods. Iíve been harassed a few times and I felt extremely uneasy and even scared, but nothing to the extent of needing to file a police report.

I have my appointment with Officer Rizzo on Jan 9th! I would love suggestions and tips.

On a side note...I saw something mentioned about needing to turn in bank statements??? Is that a requirement? I saw nothing about that on Riverside sheriff's website.

Thanks!
Old 11-16-2016, 6:25 PM

Thank you for the info. Does anyone know the gentlemen that helps with Good Cause Statements?

Thanks in Advance!
Old 11-16-2016, 6:57 PM

Quote:
Thank you for the info. Does anyone know the gentlemen that helps with Good Cause Statements?

Thanks in Advance!
You want to speak to Sleighter..... he's the go to guy.

...and make sure you ask to see Dep. Yezzo, not sure if he answers to "Rizzo".

Mark

Last edited by MURRIETA45; 11-16-2016 at 7:13 PM..
Old 11-18-2016, 9:25 PM

Well had my interview with Dep. Yezzo, this week. Very cool guy also Dep. Aguirre. It went well. Now I have my livescan this Tues. Then the class on Dec. 3rd. Then the wait.
Old 11-19-2016, 9:01 AM

Concur on the suggestion to get with Sleighter, very helpful indeed. That being said, my experience is that the deputies have a "how can we make this work" attitude and seem to want us to succeed.

A healthy amount of apprehension and humility is to be expected, but I found the interaction and RSD experience to be pleasant.

Cheers and good luck.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
Old 11-25-2016, 9:55 PM

Quote:

Thanks in Advance!
Sleighter has been very helpful in that area and I would be glad to help also. I was very active on a CCW forum before it folded and helped a few members get their GC squared away for the interview. But as has been mentioned, Deps Yezzo and Aguirre are both very helpful and have the attitude that all good guys should be armed. They will critique the GC without judgement or prejudice and give you their feeling about whether or not it will pass muster. They may even offer suggestions on how to bolster certain aspects of the GC that are germane to the process. From what you've disclosed on your post above you're in the ball park. Just make sure that you describe, in vivid detail, those encounters that you felt uneasy or that your life, limb, and/or property were in peril. You're on the right track if you just elaborate more on some details.

Good luck and don't sweat the interview process. The CCW unit wants you to have a CCW almost as bad as you do. Almost...

Quote:
Quote:
I like it colored
Old 11-27-2016, 7:07 AM

Thanks for the help!
Rem 700 SPS Varmint .308
FN PS90
FN FiveSeveN

For all your heating and cooling needs in So Cal: