Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > THE CALGUNS COMMUNITY > CGSSA Southern California Chapters > Ventura Chapter
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-28-2018, 6:13 PM

Default Anywhere in town to sell guns?

Iím moving out if state next week and need to sell some guns. Havenít had luck in the for sale forums. Are there any shops theyíll buy them outright in Ventura County?
Old 04-28-2018, 6:22 PM
Multi-Tool
CGN Contributor

Greta’s Guns does consignments.

I have not done that with them, just a PPT which went well.
Old 04-28-2018, 6:29 PM

Fort courage does consignments, I’ve seen them do full estates, Tim is great.
Old 04-29-2018, 2:13 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by highmeh View Post
Iím moving out if state next week and need to sell some guns. Havenít had luck in the for sale forums. Are there any shops theyíll buy them outright in Ventura County?
Expect extremely low prices if selling outright to a FFL. Let us know how it goes and what they offer you.
Old 04-29-2018, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Swan View Post
Expect extremely low prices if selling outright to a FFL. Let us know how it goes and what they offer you.
At this point if donít sell I guess Iíd have to surrender them anyway?i canít take them where Iím moving and have no idea how that works otherwise
Old 04-29-2018, 11:21 AM
Veteran Member

Where are you moving to that you cant have your guns! Australia, England, New York?
Old 04-29-2018, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madjack956 View Post
Where are you moving to that you cant have your guns! Australia, England, New York?
Doesnít really matter, but the fact stands I canít take them with me.
Old 04-29-2018, 11:24 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

OP, I don't know what you have or how much you are asking, but there is always a price that people will buy your guns for. Or like you said, just turn them in. Turning them in makes no sense at all. But the guns belong to you.
Old 04-29-2018, 11:29 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Post them here with lowest price you can handle instead of surrenduring for zip. They will sell. What do you have? I went to ventura gun show yesterday if I knew what you had i would have looked and made offer.

Last edited by edgerly779; 04-29-2018 at 11:32 AM..
Old 04-29-2018, 12:19 PM

They’re in my post history. I’ve dropped prices a few times so far
Old 04-29-2018, 5:30 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
At this point if donít sell I guess Iíd have to surrender them anyway?i canít take them where Iím moving and have no idea how that works otherwise
Get the highest offer you can at a shop then list then here for a little more with the condition someone buys them with a minimum of BS quickly. They will sell.
Old 04-29-2018, 7:27 PM

Find out what a dealer pays for a new one and go accordingly on here. And keep in mind the deadline for AW's if any of yours fall in that category.
Old 05-08-2018, 1:06 PM

Yeah man, the dealer will most likely offer you 40-50% of the new price. If you think they'll be paying $800 for a $1000 firearm you're mistaken. It would be a shame if you took that instead of hooking up calguns members.
Old 05-08-2018, 1:50 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimfired View Post
Yeah man, the dealer will most likely offer you 40-50% of the new price. If you think they'll be paying $800 for a $1000 firearm you're mistaken. It would be a shame if you took that instead of hooking up calguns members.
You must shop at some generous FFLs. Most I've seen don't pay more than 20 or 25% unless it's something they really want or need.
Utah CCW Instructor

Offering low cost multi state CCW, private basic shooting and reloading classes for calgunners.

CCW SAFE MEMBERSHIPS HERE

KM6WLV
Old 05-08-2018, 1:52 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I'll offer you about what a shop would. $100 each for your ARs because, there are too many of them available and, like a shop, I don't need them at all. I'll give you $150 for your Glock. I would have gone higher but, it's a .40S&W so, I have zero use for it.
Utah CCW Instructor

Offering low cost multi state CCW, private basic shooting and reloading classes for calgunners.

KM6WLV
Old 05-08-2018, 2:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSACANNONEER View Post
You must shop at some generous FFLs. Most I've seen don't pay more than 20 or 25% unless it's something they really want or need.
Haha, I'm sure you're right. It's pretty sad it's like that.
Old 05-09-2018, 8:59 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Haha, I'm sure you're right. It's pretty sad it's like that.
Why? It's called "business", "free market", "supply and demand", "FREEDOM", etc. If you think FREEDOM is sad, I feel sorry for you. Remember that you don't walk into a store and buy exactly what the store wants you to buy, you buy what YOU want to buy. A store is no different. There's no reason for a store to buy anything they don't want. So, if you walk in with something they don't want or need at that moment and demand that they buy it from you, they are not going to offer much.
Utah CCW Instructor

KM6WLV
Old 05-09-2018, 9:03 AM

Quote:
Doesnít really matter, but the fact stands I canít take them with me.
Yeah, prison doesn't let you take your guns.
Old 05-09-2018, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSACANNONEER View Post
Why? It's called "business", "free market", "supply and demand", "FREEDOM", etc. If you think FREEDOM is sad, I feel sorry for you. Remember that you don't walk into a store and buy exactly what the store wants you to buy, you buy what YOU want to buy. A store is no different. There's no reason for a store to buy anything they don't want. So, if you walk in with something they don't want or need at that moment and demand that they buy it from you, they are not going to offer much.
So by me not liking certain business practices I'm suddenly against freedom? You're jumping to conclusions here haha. There's a huge difference between supporting a free market system and not liking certain business practices. Offering 15% of a firearms value is exploitation in my opinion. It's the same type of practice that pawn shops operate on. They exploit the situations the people find themselves in.

Do I find it illegal? No, perfectly legal. Do I find it exploitive and unethical? Yes I do. Now tell me since you're all in favor of FREEDOM, does that extend to freedom of thought and speech? Or do you only support freedom of business?
Old 05-09-2018, 1:15 PM
Calguns Addict

To sum it upÖ

Just start dropping your prices by $100 (or at least $50) every day (you could even put that in your thread title) and you'll probably end up selling them for more than most gun stores will give you for them even with consignment sales.

Will you get near a retail price for them?...
probably not, but it sounds like you want to sell them quickly.

maybe you could even change this thread title to make it a guessing game on what your AR and Glock will end up selling for. It's a longshot but maybe someone will see this thread and buy your items.

I'm picking $350 for the Glock 40 cal. with the mags and everything and $550 for the AR with any accessories you have.
Old 05-09-2018, 1:18 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
So by me not liking certain business practices I'm suddenly against freedom? You're jumping to conclusions here haha. There's a huge difference between supporting a free market system and not liking certain business practices. Offering 15% of a firearms value is exploitation in my opinion. It's the same type of practice that pawn shops operate on. They exploit the situations the people find themselves in.

Do I find it illegal? No, perfectly legal. Do I find it exploitive and unethical? Yes I do. Now tell me since you're all in favor of FREEDOM, does that extend to freedom of thought and speech? Or do you only support freedom of business?
Offering anything for merchandise that one doesn't need is being generous. I'm sure you realize that if a FFL purchases a firearm from you, they have to keep their investment tied up for 30 days before they can actually sell it. Most FFLs would rather purchase new and turn their funds over several times in 30 days. So, why would one buy a used firearm at anywhere close to wholesale? BTW, what you think 15% is may not be what someone else thinks it is. The best thing is that you can exercise your freedom by not selling it to a FFL if you don't like the offer.
Utah CCW Instructor

KM6WLV
Old 05-09-2018, 1:21 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

^^^ Good advice the ar market is flat right now. I don't see an improvement coming. My hobby for a while now is buying c&r rolling block 22s Stevens and remingtons and rebuilding/ restoring. Sometimes I have to make my own partsI got one for 150 rounds of wolf .223 trade.
Old 05-18-2018, 11:54 AM

Camarillo Gun Store buys, and or consigns