Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Calgunners in Service
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Calgunners in Service This forum is a place for our active duty and deployed members to share, request and have a bit of home where ever they are.

View Poll Results: Rangers vs. SEALs
Rangers: "Rangers Lead The Way!" 86 22.51%
SEALs: "You can run, but you can't hide". "Justice has been done". 296 77.49%
Voters: 382. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2013, 10:58 AM

Anyone can surprise anyone else. A child with a grenade can take out a whole squad if they caught slipping, happens in every war around the world. No matter how elite, everyone is human and makes mistakes.
Old 05-22-2013, 11:16 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
These two groups specialize in different types of missions. Rangers are experts at conducting raids, ambushes and long range patrols. SEALs are a little more low key and covert. The two forces aren't really comparable. America needs them both.
Army Rangers take and hold airfields. That's what they do better than anyone else.
SEAL's operate on a much smaller scale, and are even more specialized. One on one, maybe I'd go with the squids but only because I've been around them. For what it's worth, (and I may be obviously biased) in terms of sheer ferociousness and heart, I'd take a Recon Marine or even a grunt from a line company to tear either one of them up most any day of the week. The hardest, craziest, and indeed scariest gentlemen I've have ever come to know in my life all wore an eagle, globe, and anchor.
Old 05-22-2013, 11:50 AM

Alls I know is that my Self Defense instructor in NC was 5'4" of badass out of Ft. Bragg. and was a Ranger. His neck was about as big as my thigh, and I don't have small legs. I wish I had asked him more about his time in service.

The thing that strikes me about the SEALS (because its the only ones you hear/read about) and presumably other special forces guys is that they never, ever, quit.

Yes they are all bad mofos, but in my mind the major distinction with the special forces guys over we average Aholes is that they go after their objective, terminator style and you literally have to stop their heart or completely dismember them to get them to stop. They may not be faster, or stronger, or smarter but the job WILL get done, no matter what.

Proud to be an American! And thank you to everyone who serves.
Old 05-22-2013, 1:18 PM
Banned

Actually I think Air Force Pararescue may be the toughest, their school is called "Superman School" for a reason; because even SEALS, Rangers, and Force Recon need to call 911 sometimes.
Old 05-22-2013, 2:58 PM
Calguns Addict

If and when you do enlist. Don't ask lame questions like this. It screams I'm a x-box playing wannabe.
That show deadliest warrior was nothing more then Hollywood bulls...
Old 05-22-2013, 3:09 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormvet View Post
If and when you do enlist. Don't ask lame questions like this. It screams I'm a x-box playing wannabe.
That show deadliest warrior was nothing more then Hollywood bulls...
Again, I was young and naive when I made this thread.

All that I want to do now is forget I ever asked this question and delete this thread.

It honestly doesn't matter who's better, if you fly the Red, White and Blue and bleed Red, you have my thanks!

There's lots of players on the team. Not everyone gets to play "Quarterback". -CEDaytonaRydr

Last edited by RMP91; 05-22-2013 at 3:39 PM.. Reason: Grammar...
Old 05-22-2013, 4:28 PM
In Memoriam

neither, the only winners would be the politicians not fighting, but yet causing the two to fight.
Old 05-22-2013, 4:59 PM

Neither, because this is a trick question. It doesn't account for the scout snipper 1 mile out.
Old 05-22-2013, 6:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMP91 View Post
Again, I was young and naive when I made this thread.

All that I want to do now is forget I ever asked this question and delete this thread.

It honestly doesn't matter who's better, if you fly the Red, White and Blue and bleed Red, you have my thanks!
Dude dont be so self conscious self confidence is one of the major prerequisites for a successful military career.

In memory of Rogelio Antonio Ramirez, August 26th 2007
Saqlawiyah Iraq

"most people quick to go to war haven't seen it."-
unknown

Check out my YouTube page
http://www.youtube.com/user/DJCBX/videos
Old 05-22-2013, 7:10 PM

Quote:
I have been thinking about this match-up for quite a while

If the US Army Rangers were to go up against the US Navy SEALs in either a one-on-one or squad-based fight in which there were almost no restrictions

Who would come out on top? ...

Your thoughts?

A liger, It's pretty much my favorite animal. It's like a lion and a tiger mixed... bred for its skills in magic.
Old 05-23-2013, 5:53 AM
Banned

I'm still waiting on the Rock or Hulk Hogan
Old 05-27-2013, 12:13 AM
Veteran Member

Is this even a real argument?

Even basic 03XX's in the Marine Corps that are fresh out of SOI have equal to if not arguably more challenging training than Rangers.
Old 05-29-2013, 12:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanelo View Post

Even basic 03XX's in the Marine Corps that are fresh out of SOI have equal to if not arguably more challenging training than Rangers.
I don't think I've read a dumber comment on Calguns before.
Old 05-30-2013, 12:25 PM

Seems there's a lot of misinformation on this about the Corps, Rangers, SEALs, and the rest of SOCOM. For one thing, you don't actually need to go to Ranger school to be a Ranger, as I understand it you earn your tab and get assigned to a Bn. but only later, if you choose to continue (as a Sgt. I believe) do you go to Ranger school. From the way I read it it sounds like Ranger school is the Ranger equivalent of Marine Corps NCO school where it's all about teaching young Ranger or Marine about leadership and what being an NCO is all about. Now I'm not saying that Ranger training is nothing, because I'm not but there is a difference between Ranger qualification/indoc. or whatever they call it, and Ranger school.

Another misnomer is the term Tier 1, as I've been given to understand the term has nothing to do with a unit's status but their funding level. So saying that SEAL Team 6 is a Tier 1 unit does not necessarily mean that they're a super elite unit, just a well funded one. However, I imagine that in order to qualify for Tier 1 funding you have to a pretty good unit.

As for Rangers vs. SEALs, it's really hard to say because their missions and training are so different. Rangers are an elite light infantry and in conventional fight would probably do better than SEALs because of their infantry background and training. SEALs on the other hand are more commando oriented and I don't think would do as well in a conventional infantry engagement but would do well in the kinds of stealthy scenarios and raids that they train for.

The best information that I've found online anywhere about SOCOM forces I highly recommend checking out SOFREP.com. The site is run by former SOCOM operators from nearly all branches of SOCOM and they'll give you real info on what the various units do and are capable of.

"We have two companies of Marines running rampant all over the northern half of this island, and three Army regiments pinned down in the southwestern corner, doing nothing. What the hell is going on?"
Gen. John W. Vessey Jr., USA, Chairman of the the Joint Chiefs of Staff
during the assault on Grenada, 1983
Old 05-30-2013, 3:58 PM

Theres always time for Dick Measuring lol
SIG MOSQUITO
22 BOBCAT
795 MARLIN
SPR SPIKES BUILT0
Noveske AR pistol
Old 05-30-2013, 4:51 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:

There's always one...
Old 05-30-2013, 8:14 PM

Quote:

Marine POG's are the same as Army infantry.... Marines ALWAYS are the tip of the spear.... My Marine buddy beat up a ninja..... blah blah blah.
Old 05-30-2013, 10:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riceball View Post
Seems there's a lot of misinformation on this about the Corps, Rangers, SEALs, and the rest of SOCOM. For one thing, you don't actually need to go to Ranger school to be a Ranger, as I understand it you earn your tab and get assigned to a Bn. but only later, if you choose to continue (as a Sgt. I believe) do you go to Ranger school.
You're pretty much correct.

There is a BIG difference between Ranger School and being an actual Ranger. Ranger School is a leadership course. I wouldn't compare it to the Marine NCO school you mentioned. Ranger School isn't a walk in the park but in the end, it's a leadership course. I went to the school, but I was regular infantry. I wasn't a Ranger because of the tab. Nearly anyone can go to Ranger School because, like I said, it is a leadership course. It's a leadership course for and focused on infantry, but pogs can still go.

Rangers are in Ranger battalions and have scrolls. You can be a Ranger without the tab, though all will eventually go (doesn't matter on rank). Anyone who thinks Rangers are nothing special or "equal to Marines" is a ****ing idiot, plain and simple (not directing this at you, just rambling). They often get paired with ODD, arguably the most elite unit in the entire world (so elite the US government still denies their existence today) and you can't be all dicked up like a soup sandwich to work with those guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11Bforme View Post
Marine POG's are the same as Army infantry.... Marines ALWAYS are the tip of the spear.... My Marine buddy beat up a ninja..... blah blah blah.
lold
Old 05-31-2013, 1:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joash View Post
A liger, It's pretty much my favorite animal. It's like a lion and a tiger mixed... bred for its skills in magic.
LOL
Old 05-31-2013, 7:40 PM
Calguns Addict

Drone pilot
Old 06-01-2013, 12:36 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

I'd honestly *hate* to see such two elite forces matched against each other because it would be an almost assured self destruction. There are many variables in play,true,l but if I was betting my money, I'd bet it on the Rangers in most situations.
Old 06-01-2013, 4:00 AM
Calguns Addict

I lost some, but not all, admiration for Rangers when me and seven other BOOT Marines threw hooks with I don't know, around 25 of the beret'ed beauties in the beer gardens next to our barracks. It was a clean fight at least but they left me mildly disappointed. They thought of us as merely young students and the trouble we got into, which was substantial, was worth the competition.
Old 06-01-2013, 7:53 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarhead714 View Post
I lost some, but not all, admiration for Rangers when me and seven other BOOT Marines threw hooks with I don't know, around 25 of the beret'ed beauties in the beer gardens next to our barracks. It was a clean fight at least but they left me mildly disappointed. They thought of us as merely young students and the trouble we got into, which was substantial, was worth the competition.
This happened.
Old 06-01-2013, 9:00 AM
Calguns Addict

Ft. Lost in the Woods, MO 1997. It actually started at the Waffle House the weekend before. The beer garden incident ended with office hours for us. We ended up drinking with the same doggies we fought with a few weeks later at the post bowling alley. They were alright, just expected more ferocity that's all. But yes, this happened.
Old 06-07-2013, 10:58 AM
Banned

stupid topic.
Old 06-07-2013, 10:59 AM
Banned

There's quite a bit of Marine Corps hate too, what's up with that?
Old 07-09-2013, 9:47 AM

As someone who just ETS'ed from active duty Army, and being stationed at the Center of the Universe (Fort Bragg, NC for you dirty legs) this thread makes me shake my head.
Old 07-09-2013, 10:46 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoatLovin View Post
As someone who just ETS'ed from active duty Army, and being stationed at the Center of the Universe (Fort Bragg, NC for you dirty legs) this thread makes me shake my head.
Seriously, just let this thread die already!

There's lots of players on the team. Not everyone gets to play "Quarterback". -CEDaytonaRydr
Old 07-09-2013, 11:05 AM
Banned

Default Navy SEALS vs. Marine Force Recon

Old 07-13-2013, 9:34 AM

The fact that this thread has gone on for 5 pages makes me very very sad, and the fact that it exists at all makes more than a little annoyed.

There will always be these kinds of silly, immature questions, and we, as senior personnel, or veterans, need to have the where-with-all to sigh, collectively roll our eyes, pat the little FNG who asked it lovingly on the head and tell him to ask it again after he has a little more dirt on his boots. He won't, and we shouldn't encourage new, or aspiring soldiers to act like douchebags.
Old 07-13-2013, 10:07 AM
Banned

^Well said/
Old 07-13-2013, 11:57 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmsenk View Post
The fact that this thread has gone on for 5 pages makes me very very sad, and the fact that it exists at all makes more than a little annoyed.

There will always be these kinds of silly, immature questions, and we, as senior personnel, or veterans, need to have the where-with-all to sigh, collectively roll our eyes, pat the little FNG who asked it lovingly on the head and tell him to ask it again after he has a little more dirt on his boots. He won't, and we shouldn't encourage new, or aspiring soldiers to act like douchebags.
Like I said, I was stupid for making this thread, and I wish it was deleted already!

Old 07-13-2013, 12:13 PM

Where's the answer that says "I know this is a dumb question because I'm not a boot."?
Old 07-14-2013, 11:47 AM

Marine Force Recon
Old 07-21-2013, 12:44 AM

Republicans hands down!!
Old 07-21-2013, 9:01 PM
Veteran Member

Can a mod please delete this thread?

It was completely stupid of me to even think about this in the first place. Your service is honorable and appreciated, no matter what stripes or uniform you wear, regardless of whether or not you've seen combat!

I sincerely apologize to any and all servicemen/servicewomen who have been offended by the content of this thread.

Old 07-22-2013, 2:28 PM

best thread on calguns
Old 07-24-2013, 8:39 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
OK, I think I've seen enough... This was a thread I now regret making.

Any Mods (Or Kes if he's wandering around somewhere :P ) that sees this has my permission to lock/delete/erase this ill-advised thread.
As long as they have your permission

Old 07-25-2013, 2:46 PM

Depends on mission package. Both are good at what they do and both are part of the special operations command. Btw Rangers usually work closely with Seals and other special operations groups as their qrf and to add bulk to certain missions. In a fight who wins I don't know.
Old 07-25-2013, 3:35 PM

It lives.
Closed Thread