Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > General gun discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General gun discussions This is a place to lounge and discuss firearm related topics with other forum members.

Old 02-11-2019, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bicky View Post
My point was that, if I lived in a free state, I would rather spend money on a suppressor or an SBR, than full auto. Full auto is fun for five minutes, suppressor makes the whole shooting experience more pleasant.
You do understand that owning class III NFA weapons is also a HUGE investment as well correct?
You know some of us prefer to own weapons that can be sold for far more than we bought them.
So many times people who live in communist states make opinions about Free Americans that are uneducated.
Buying, selling and transferring machine guns makes money.
Old 02-11-2019, 11:55 AM

Im just unpacking from working a gun show here in Northern Idaho where everything is legal, people can buy any gun they want with a handshake and our politicians and laws are as pro gun as they can get.

So for me the original list the OP posted is definitely an important part of living in a free state, the other is the only time you have to deal with those who have no concept of the constitution is when you come here to read.
Not living or ever visiting California again will never put me in contact with said people so there is always that massive positive.

If you crave money or weather over your God given freedom then I have no compassion to what they do to you. Good luck.
Old 02-11-2019, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ja308 View Post
did you check to see who Montana elected as governor or US Senator? 2 democrats! While Montana does have both chambers in republican hands, this can change very easily as we have observed in once free state Colorado.

Your about 12 years behind reality fella, we had D governors for a long time and none of them did anything what so ever to gun issues. Zippo, nada nothing. I lived under them so ya I know. By the way most of the rest of the government is in Republican hands and a MT Demorat is nothing like the "D" pukes you have running your utopia in Kali. Tester, ya he's a piece of chit but you don't see the POS leading a antigun charge do you?

A few years back a marksmanship clinic was offered in Great falls. It was heavily promoted and talked about.
The results were 4 persons showing up and as aside Elton John concert had a couple of thousand !

What is the point your trying to make? Time of the year will determine just how many people you get to any event in MT. Hunting season opener and some schools still shut down same for closing weekend. Where is everyone, oh lets see out hunting or at the gunshow or maybe just maybe they are at roundup.

In short Montana is ripe for democrat takeover just like Arizona is. Mostly because of uneducated, easiliy led doofus's who will not read and not join the NRA.

Again you simply don't understand MT not even a little. There may come a day when the Dems do take over but I doubt it's coming any time soon.

I dont know you but based on some earlier posts by you. I would guess you are NOT an NRA member !

Your right "you" don't know me, and just a FYI I was a NRA member up until their rep told me that they the NRA didnt give a chit about a member of the NRA on the NRA's agenda so "F" the NRA, they lost another one and they didn't give 2 squirts of PiSS about it. Again "F" the NRA. I'm not heart broken over walking away from Calif. Pistol and Rifle ***. either.

It should be obvious any freedom loving person who relocates and is not NRA is a big part of turning free states to anti gun states.
Just what in the hell have "YOU" done for freedom in this country? blame yourself for being to weak to hold up under the attack, don't try to shift your faults onto me or others. Not very much like a MAN. I have done more than my share for this country and it's citizens, I served 3 year in the U.S. Army, I enlisted and I served overseas and in combat along with some other really chity stuff. I spent 31 years bailing two bit *******s like you that did stupid chit out of the bad place they put themselves in, no one dials 911 when they have done something smart. Have a crappy day AH
Old 02-11-2019, 12:02 PM

QUOTE=ja308;22653260]did you check to see who Montana elected as governor or US Senator? 2 democrats! While Montana does have both chambers in republican hands, this can change very easily as we have observed in once free state Colorado.

Your about 12 years behind reality fella, we had D governors for a long time and none of them did anything what so ever to gun issues. Zippo, nada nothing. I lived under them so ya I know. By the way most of the rest of the government is in Republican hands and a MT Demorat is nothing like the "D" pukes you have running your utopia in Kali. Tester, ya he's a piece of chit but you don't see the POS leading a antigun charge do you?

A few years back a marksmanship clinic was offered in Great falls. It was heavily promoted and talked about.
The results were 4 persons showing up and as aside Elton John concert had a couple of thousand !

What is the point your trying to make? Time of the year will determine just how many people you get to any event in MT. Hunting season opener and some schools still shut down same for closing weekend. Where is everyone, oh lets see out hunting or at the gunshow or maybe just maybe they are at roundup.

In short Montana is ripe for democrat takeover just like Arizona is. Mostly because of uneducated, easiliy led doofus's who will not read and not join the NRA.

Again you simply don't understand MT not even a little. There may come a day when the Dems do take over but I doubt it's coming any time soon.

I dont know you but based on some earlier posts by you. I would guess you are NOT an NRA member !

Your right "you" don't know me, and just a FYI I was a NRA member up until their rep told me that they the NRA didnt give a chit about a member of the NRA on the NRA's agenda so "F" the NRA, they lost another one and they didn't give 2 squirts of PiSS about it. Again "F" the NRA. I'm not heart broken over walking away from Calif. Pistol and Rifle ***. either.

It should be obvious any freedom loving person who relocates and is not NRA is a big part of turning free states to anti gun states.[/QUOTE]

Just what in the hell have "YOU" done for freedom in this country? blame yourself for being to weak to hold up under the attack, don't try to shift your faults onto me or others. Not very much like a MAN. I have done more than my share for this country and it's citizens, I served 3 year in the U.S. Army, I enlisted and I served overseas and in combat along with some other really chity stuff. I spent 31 years bailing two bit *******s like you that did stupid chit out of the bad place they put themselves in, no one dials 911 when they have done something smart.
Old 02-11-2019, 12:03 PM

Iím still planning on moving to Texas this year. Yes, the gun freedoms will be awesome, but the thing Iím looking forward to the most is no longer funding a government that pays criminals to not work. A government that in no way represents me or my values.
Old 02-11-2019, 1:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guns and guitars View Post
You do understand that owning class III NFA weapons is also a HUGE investment as well correct?
You know some of us prefer to own weapons that can be sold for far more than we bought them.
So many times people who live in communist states make opinions about Free Americans that are uneducated.
Buying, selling and transferring machine guns makes money.
I'm confused. What does this have to do with my comment?
Old 02-11-2019, 2:12 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bicky View Post
I'm confused. What does this have to do with my comment?
I think he is saying that a person who wants to deal in Machine guns can make money because of the artificial high prices they can command ,thanx to democrat Hughes of NJ who in effect limited the class 3 stuff to existing supply.

It has absolutely nothing to do with your comment about a suppressor being more valuable to you than the NFA guns. A comment I wholeheartedly agree with.

That said the holy grail for all gun culture folks takes place in Free State Kentucky at the famed Knob Creek Machine gun shoot !

FWIW they offer many competitive events featuring,Military Rifles, Shotgun competition,Pistol events and many others.
For those who love free states and shooting, it like the annual NRA conventions should be on every shooters bucket list !

Those who do plan on visiting its recommended that before or after the event, you take advantage of the Jim Beam tasting facility and of course a tour of Kentucky derby Churchill downs racetrack is educational and fun!

Those cal gunners who bring a lady friend should probably check out the Pix hat shop in Louisville. Its where the Churchill Downs Racetrack buy their hats for sale, Pix sells the same ladies hats for half of what they sell for at the racetrack.
When people are forced to remain silent when they are being told the most obvious lies, or even worse when they are forced to repeat the lies themselves, they lose once and for all their sense of probity.
To assent to obvious lies is to co-operate with evil, and in some small way to become evil oneself. One's standing to resist anything is thus eroded, and even destroyed. A society of emasculated liars is easy to control...TD

Last edited by ja308; 02-11-2019 at 3:36 PM..
Old 02-11-2019, 4:50 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by elk hunter View Post
QUOTE=ja308;22653260]did you check to see who Montana elected as governor or US Senator? 2 democrats! While Montana does have both chambers in republican hands, this can change very easily as we have observed in once free state Colorado.

It should be obvious any freedom loving person who relocates and is not NRA is a big part of turning free states to anti gun states.
Just what in the hell have "YOU" done for freedom in this country? blame yourself for being to weak to hold up under the attack, don't try to shift your faults onto me or others. Not very much like a MAN. I have done more than my share for this country and it's citizens, I served 3 year in the U.S. Army, I enlisted and I served overseas and in combat along with some other really chity stuff. I spent 31 years bailing two bit *******s like you that did stupid chit out of the bad place they put themselves in, no one dials 911 when they have done something smart.[/QUOTE]

OMG I will not call you a useless doofus, but will state you are just a little behind the information curve.
Montana elected this man !
https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/19/polit...ntv/index.html
Montana DEMOCRAT Gov. Steve Bullock says he 'would' support assault weapons ban
https://www.apnews.com/4666cb9ccbc944eea4f821b76a9c0a98
Click to copyhttps://apnews.com/4666cb9ccbc944eea4f821b76a9c0a98

Montana governor stands by semiautomatic weapons ban comment
By MATT VOLZ
August 21, 2018
sorry I don't believe you were ever an NRA member and I dont believe an NRA rep told you he didn't care !
Frankly you come off like an army washout! comments all over the place with nothing verified.
Maybe Im wrong but give us the NRA reps name and position.

My criteria is NRA Life, CRPA life, NRA pistol and rifle instructor and US Marine.
I further have cut out all ANTI GUN MEDIA publications,TV,Hollywood. I am also a member of the state Republican Party and the RNC !
Calgunners are free to determine who is more committed to RKBA ! Free state people who do you want, someone with the criteria I listed or a non NRA misguided make up story about the NRA/CRPA ?

In the past you didn't even know what party Montana's governor belonged to and you wrongfully accused him of being a republican ! Deny it and I will do a search a prove you mistaken or a liar.
I just put Idaho on the list of states that can roll too, based on what you have written ! ARMY MAN WHOO HOO
When people are forced to remain silent when they are being told the most obvious lies, or even worse when they are forced to repeat the lies themselves, they lose once and for all their sense of probity.
To assent to obvious lies is to co-operate with evil, and in some small way to become evil oneself. One's standing to resist anything is thus eroded, and even destroyed. A society of emasculated liars is easy to control...TD

Last edited by ja308; 02-11-2019 at 5:14 PM..
Old 02-11-2019, 5:15 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

The way things are progressing in our country, soon there will no longer be a
"free state" as we have defined it. Better to stay and fight than to "retreat"
Old 02-11-2019, 8:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drdanno84 View Post
The way things are progressing in our country, soon there will no longer be a
"free state" as we have defined it. Better to stay and fight than to "retreat"

I predict the fight is going to be when they outlaw things and come knocking on your door rather than it being a shooting war in CA. If thatís the case it will be more like crushing the resistance than an actual fight because letís face it, people are too busy with their lives and what they got than fight for a just cause and chance loosing it all.

Iím a fighter, but I couldnít get anyone to stand up and fight with me. Nor could I fight the fight alone. If you canít see that we have lost CA already with little chance of turning the tide or opening peoples eyes.

The fight is still strong in free states and you have a better chance of winning fighting from a free state than being dominated in loosing battles in a state like CA.

In my opinion the only way to crush California and win it back is to let it devour itself leaving those that made the mess in the first place suffer before they want freedom.

California has civil rights warfare on us, itís time to enact economic warfare on California by taking away funding from the machine.
Old 02-11-2019, 8:31 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Just what in the hell have "YOU" done for freedom in this country? blame yourself for being to weak to hold up under the attack, don't try to shift your faults onto me or others. Not very much like a MAN. I have done more than my share for this country and it's citizens, I served 3 year in the U.S. Army, I enlisted and I served overseas and in combat along with some other really chity stuff. I spent 31 years bailing two bit *******s like you that did stupid chit out of the bad place they put themselves in, no one dials 911 when they have done something smart.

OMG I will not call you a useless doofus, but will state you are just a little behind the information curve.

By MATT VOLZ
August 21, 2018
sorry I don't believe you were ever an NRA member and I dont believe an NRA rep told you he didn't care !
Frankly you come off like an army washout! comments all over the place with nothing verified.

My criteria is NRA Life, CRPA life, NRA pistol and rifle instructor and US Marine.
I further have cut out all ANTI GUN MEDIA publications,TV,Hollywood. I am also a member of the state Republican Party and the RNC !
Calgunners are free to determine who is more committed to RKBA ! Free state people who do you want, someone with the criteria I listed or a non NRA misguided make up story about the NRA/CRPA ?

In the past you didn't even know what party Montana's governor belonged to and you wrongfully accused him of being a republican ! Deny it and I will do a search a prove you mistaken or a liar.
I just put Idaho on the list of states that can roll too, based on what you have written ! ARMY MAN WHOO HOO[/QUOTE]

Just curious, why would you think Idaho would roll?
Old 02-11-2019, 8:52 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomk556 View Post
For me I'd say the biggest is that you're not presumed to be some extremist piece of xxxx in free states.
sounds wonderful

...really despise these smug progturds, would love to bail out of here...
Old 02-11-2019, 11:59 PM

You get to have SBR's and regular capacity magazines

Old 02-12-2019, 1:38 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
The lady doth protest too much methinks!
When somebody keeps denying something to the point where you start to think they actually did it

From Hamlet
"I never borrow your clothes. I have enough of my own clothes that I would never take from your closet... You would know if I borrowed them"

"the lady doth protest too much... Why would you be so passionately denying something you weren't accused of"
Da Fuq?
Old 02-12-2019, 6:10 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombadillo View Post

By MATT VOLZ
August 21, 2018

I just put Idaho on the list of states that can roll too, based on what you have written ! ARMY MAN WHOO HOO

Just curious, why would you think Idaho would roll?[/QUOTE]

My reply,
I think Idaho could roll because of the crummy universities where socialist communist democrats run the information programs.

Because Idaho is prosperous, ignorant people are moving there for economic reasons,(check out hotel employees') and others who have no concept of freedom.

Idaho has cadre of very stupid libertarians, some who own or work at gun shops. As we have witnessed this pack of nimrod dimwits has spilt the vote and elected democrats in close races throughout the USA .

Add in easily swayed low information NRA haters like ELK HUNTER who recently moved there from almost gone Montana and the recipe is there.

The final reason is that the big antigun media in the form of television will eventually con and seduce unsuspecting into their diabolical traps of democrat good/ republican bad.
Old 02-12-2019, 6:26 AM

Moved to Tennessee and all is great except for the ever present fear that the "lefties" will follow me here. So its not all good.
Old 02-12-2019, 6:27 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterb View Post
Da Fuq?
Read the rambling, incoherent, name calling post directed at me in post #97 by audio Phil and you will get an idea why I quoted Shakespeare as a reply!
Instead of trying to reply to that mindless drivel from a bitter NRA hating transplant to Arizona,I used a common quote from Hamlet.

While the explanation written below the quote " The lady doth protest too much, methinks" is not part of the hamlet play.
I used it as an explanation of how the quote relates to a person denying things they were never accused of but are really guilty of !

Many in the gun culture are avid readers, in fact I personally believe a its a requirement to be gun culture.

So explain your "Da Fuq? " as Im not sure what you meant by it ?

Last edited by ja308; 02-12-2019 at 6:30 AM..
Old 02-12-2019, 7:08 AM

Getting back to the question ask by the OP,
For me its pretty simple and does not include guns. Living in a free state means people being left alone to do what they want and live their life the way they want. That means people can smoke, get a grocery bag, get a plastic straw, say what they want, think what they want and not have some government entity or person telling them how to live every aspect of their lives. It is truly a great feeling to be able to walk out of my house and not worry about some clown getting in my face about car noise, taking issue with my political views and being able to get a bag while shopping. Its a pleasure to see people being able to build a house on their lot in a few months instead of it taking years to go through reviews. In free states most people respect other people and are polite regardless of their view on life.

For those that think things they do not like should be regulated and controlled, stay in Cal. You belong here even though you complain about your rights being trampled.
Old 02-12-2019, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KahrMan View Post
Moved to Tennessee and all is great except for the ever present fear that the "lefties" will follow me here. So its not all good.
I moved to East TN , and just let my neighborhood bear get the lefties . Not supposed to shoot the bears , but just feed them the lefties .

The newest leftie neighbor we had got his pets eaten by a critter , when they complained to TWA they were told " Well , The bear was here first" . They have moved out , that was a quick 3 months. They went back north .

Bweise says "I have to say the situation was not at all helped by 22 yr old former Airsoft douches who kept touting here, "But possession is not illegal!" "

Those that live in glass houses should not throw stones , cause I got a sling shot

Fighting on the internet is like being in the special Olympics , everybody wins but your still retarded.
Old 02-12-2019, 11:58 AM

This thread just won’t die.
Old 02-12-2019, 12:44 PM
Calguns Addict

You free state folks had better shut up about how good it is living in a free state.

Those of us who know freedom are already onboard and will work with your and your free state to help keep it free by voting republican, promoting NRA and members councils, boycotting anti gun media and business and of course working with our free state legislature and our PROGUN POTUS and GOP majority in the senate.

Reading the anti NRA,Anti Trump, Calgunners comments every free state would do well to keep this hoard of illiterate, unkempt, uneducated malcontents away from free states.
They are the same types who have destroyed Colorado, New Mexico and have done zero to help California.
Old 02-12-2019, 2:33 PM

Quote:
You free state folks had better shut up about how good it is living in a free state.

Those of us who know freedom are already onboard and will work with your and your free state to help keep it free by voting republican, promoting NRA and members councils, boycotting anti gun media and business and of course working with our free state legislature and our PROGUN POTUS and GOP majority in the senate.

Reading the anti NRA,Anti Trump, Calgunners comments every free state would do well to keep this hoard of illiterate, unkempt, uneducated malcontents away from free states.
They are the same types who have destroyed Colorado, New Mexico and have done zero to help California.

Speechless....
Old 02-12-2019, 2:57 PM

Quote:

By MATT VOLZ
August 21, 2018

I just put Idaho on the list of states that can roll too, based on what you have written ! ARMY MAN WHOO HOO[/QUOTE]

Hey "stupid"ya you the dumb****, how the hell did you turn a D into a R oh I see your stupid. Go get some reading comprehension dummy. I don't believe your a Repub, your way to far left to be anything but a communist. I never said I didn't know what party Bullock or Switzer was that's entirely your recreational drugs kicking in, you need a fix huh bunky.

Please tell me your outfit? what was it? oh I see your part of the Rainbow coalition. Your a yellow coward bastArd. Please do any search you want "fool". I don't give a **** what list you put anything on your a chickenchit yellow coward.

The only thing you have done is opened your mouth and proved just how STUPID and far left of a Stalin you really are. Crawl back in your hole, ya the yellow one cause that's your color. Your one of the few thats made my ignore list Fu^& off stupid.
Old 02-12-2019, 4:09 PM
Calguns Addict

Mods this guy is altering my post and using personal attacks.

Ordinarily I would just respond, but this guy is so over the top with mixing my posts and his comments that a response is not possible.

He should get a time out !
Old 02-12-2019, 4:44 PM

This entire thread should be locked.
Old 02-12-2019, 5:30 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Well, I moved to Washington in time for I-1639
But I still am happy to be out of California. Vancouver is nowhere near as crowded as San Jose. The air is cleaner, roads are better and even the DMV is a positive experience here. We have flashing yellow left-turn lights at pretty much all non-major intersections as in "Feel free to use your own judgement if you want to turn." I love that.
I've yet to run into any of the anti-California stuff everyone warned me about, but then who's going to insult you at the store when you're buying something, right? No state income tax here but also no Prop 13 so property taxes can jump, but folks tell me they have also gone down so I'll hope for that.
Experiencing actual season changes is interesting. Went through my first snow storms and survived and the rain is ...abundant.
Anyway, I am glad to be out of California, even if Washington took a crazy turn left.
Old 02-12-2019, 5:46 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by GW View Post
Well, I moved to Washington in time for I-1639
But I still am happy to be out of California. Vancouver is nowhere near as crowded as San Jose. The air is cleaner, roads are better and even the DMV is a positive experience here. We have flashing yellow left-turn lights at pretty much all non-major intersections as in "Feel free to use your own judgement if you want to turn." I love that.
I've yet to run into any of the anti-California stuff everyone warned me about, but then who's going to insult you at the store when you're buying something, right? No state income tax here but also no Prop 13 so property taxes can jump, but folks tell me they have also gone down so I'll hope for that.
Experiencing actual season changes is interesting. Went through my first snow storms and survived and the rain is ...abundant.
Anyway, I am glad to be out of California, even if Washington took a crazy turn left.
Thank you the report on Washington ,if I understand correctly the eastern part is still really free and like other places its the big cities that drag freedom down with the dumbed down populations.

A few years back we were in Yakima and of course we visited a shooting range and made some new friends.We went to dinner and were very surprised every person we met had a CCW permit and were carrying.
Not sure how Washington issues CCW s but we figured it is lots better than Los Angeles County.
Old 02-12-2019, 5:53 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaman View Post
Speechless....
I didn't quite get what the emoji is. But if its a middle finger maybe you will tell me how I missed the mark on telling free states to never encourage NRA haters to move there.
Old 02-12-2019, 8:02 PM

Quote:
I didn't quite get what the emoji is. But if its a middle finger maybe you will tell me how I missed the mark on telling free states to never encourage NRA haters to move there.

No. I was point to you text body. I agree. Keep free states free.
Old 02-13-2019, 12:12 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Thank you the report on Washington ,if I understand correctly the eastern part is still really free and like other places its the big cities that drag freedom down with the dumbed down populations.

A few years back we were in Yakima and of course we visited a shooting range and made some new friends.We went to dinner and were very surprised every person we met had a CCW permit and were carrying.
Not sure how Washington issues CCW s but we figured it is lots better than Los Angeles County.
Oh yeah CCW took an hour for paperwork, photo and prints plus $50 and it took 30 days to arrive at my house.
Basically it's "Are you a crook?--No Got $50--Yes! We'll process you now."
And you can walk out with your handgun when you buy it when you have the permit. Long guns have no wait, period.
Before I had my CCW, it took 4 days from doing the 4473 till I got the call saying "Come get your Governor"
AND--The store doesn't make you pay until pickup day!
Whole 'nuther world up here.
Some of this will change for the worse if we can't get I-1639 thrown out, but you can still buy AR's etc even if 1639 holds up, It's just a nosebleed to do it so I predict a LOT of AR's getting sold in June this year as 1639 goes into effect 7/1.

Last edited by GW; 02-13-2019 at 1:10 AM..
Old 02-13-2019, 10:59 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by GW View Post
Oh yeah CCW took an hour for paperwork, photo and prints plus $50 and it took 30 days to arrive at my house.
Basically it's "Are you a crook?--No Got $50--Yes! We'll process you now."
And you can walk out with your handgun when you buy it when you have the permit. Long guns have no wait, period.
Before I had my CCW, it took 4 days from doing the 4473 till I got the call saying "Come get your Governor"
AND--The store doesn't make you pay until pickup day!
Whole 'nuther world up here.
Some of this will change for the worse if we can't get I-1639 thrown out, but you can still buy AR's etc even if 1639 holds up, It's just a nosebleed to do it so I predict a LOT of AR's getting sold in June this year as 1639 goes into effect 7/1.
Since the democrats have more control, have you heard any proposals to restrict the good CCW program you have outlined ?