Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > General gun discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General gun discussions This is a place to lounge and discuss firearm related topics with other forum members.

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2012, 7:15 PM
Banned

For everyone that orders a gun, why don't you just order online or get it on GunBroker and have it shipped to a "kitchen table" FFL? I do that all the time and have never had a problem.
Old 12-01-2012, 7:29 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I heard they were shut down by the DOJ. Maybe they just have to fix the violations which shouldn't probably take long. If that is true, they should be more forth coming.

They seem like cool guys so hopefully they'll be open sooner than later.
Old 12-01-2012, 7:32 PM
Banned

An ATF/DOJ problem is a strong possibility. I have it on good word the SF Bay Area has been active with audits lately.
Old 12-01-2012, 7:34 PM
Calguns Addict

I hope so too, or I'm sol. I know I'm not the only one on here with firearm purchases that were paid for......and been waiting to receive. Honestly, it's pretty sad to witness. When they were in Milpitas, they were an awesome shop. You could come in and speak to Tim, SJGunGuy, Gio, Javier, and some other folks whom I forget. Their staff changed a little in the short time they were there, but it was a great shop. Not to mention, one with a full inventory.

Last edited by zod; 12-01-2012 at 7:57 PM..
Old 12-01-2012, 7:47 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Daddy View Post
I've got a gen 4 Glock tied up in there. My waiting period was up on Monday, and I came from Monterey to pick it up this weekend... What could potentially happen during this audit, and is it likely that I will still receive my Glock in the near future?
From Monterey? Use Santa Cruz Armory. Great guys, integrity, fair pricing, know their stuff great at sourcing. They didn't have a clue who I was and they sourced the gun I wanted when no one else could or would, at a fair price and in just days. They will be getting all my business.
No, I don't know them personally. Just done tons of business all over the Bay Area
Old 12-01-2012, 9:38 PM
Calguns Addict

Old 12-01-2012, 9:58 PM

What happens if you have a PPT firearm in DROS jail right now?
Due to be released on 12/6/2012.
Old 12-01-2012, 9:59 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 408er View Post
I hope so too, or I'm sol. I know I'm not the only one on here with firearm purchases that were paid for......and been waiting to receive. Honestly, it's pretty sad to witness. When they were in Milpitas, they were an awesome shop. You could come in and speak to Tim, SJGunGuy, Gio, Javier, and some other folks whom I forget. Their staff changed a little in the short time they were there, but it was a great shop. Not to mention, one with a full inventory.
I was actually expecting the old folks from Milpitas at the new shop but man was I wrong when I dropped in.
Old 12-01-2012, 10:55 PM

I am going to add another hypotetical speculation here... could it be a former employee reported something not being done properly at the business in term of paperwork or possibly SSE related(a hot topic lately), and reported and getting audited and they now need to clean up or put in a new process and control before they could reopen the shop?

I was going to drive down there today but luckily someone alerted me to check on Valkyrie on the forum so I called ahead and found it is closed on their voice mail. I was glad that I called and checked ahead instead of driving all the way there and would have wasted time and frustration. Well, paper work can be messy if not done right regulary in the first place and needed to catch up later before any audit. I hope they do reopen soon so we have more shops to shop around here for both selection and better price.
Old 12-02-2012, 12:20 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN ContributorCGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by 408er View Post
I also have a pistol that I've bought and paid for up front. Going on 2 months, with still no update. I have called periodically to ask what's going on, same old sh*t on the excuses. I asked about possibly getting my money back, and they want to charge me a restocking fee?!? Really?!? For a handgun, I didn't get in the first place.
How do you charge a restocking fee on something that's not even in stock!

"A Government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
"Those who hammer their guns into plows, will plow for those who do not."
Thomas Jefferson.
"a system of licensing the right of
self-defense, which doesn’t recognize self-defense as “good cause”
Don Kilmer
Old 12-02-2012, 2:18 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by keenkeen View Post
What color was their aura on these visits? Did you notice if their Chi was off?

It was Red in Milpitas and now brown in San Jose.

Poor choice of words on my end.

I meant they seemed more than willing to help when they were in Milpitas.

My last visit when I did the SSE on the PPQ, they seemed bored.

I think they were kinda teed off I got the PPQ from EBR Works instead of them because they quoted me $1,000 for the PPQ if I ordered through them.
Hi-Power Practical
Baby Eagle 9mm
P99 AS
Glock 43
Old 12-02-2012, 2:39 AM

I'm about 20 minutes north of Valkyrie but I'm in that area once in a while. Anyone can PM me if they want me to stop by the place to see if they are open yet and what's going on.
Old 12-02-2012, 7:17 AM
Probationary Member
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

I'm glad I came across this thread. I've bought from them before when they were in Milpitas and I was going to stop by their new location today to see what they had for lowers. Looking forward to see what develops or if I get too impatient, look elsewhere.

Even when they were in Milpitas, communication wasn't the best but I still give Tim and the others a lot of credit for trying to build a business in an industry with so much scrutiny and regulation. I always thought they were good, knowledgeable 'gun guys' trying to figure out how to make a business out of it. Whether there's new management or not, I hope this is just short term.
Old 12-02-2012, 8:02 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by monorailboy View Post
Good luck...sounds like something has happened. Never impressed with their back alley store feeling and lack of professional courteous staff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by john67elco View Post
Maybe it's an ATF audit?
Stores don't just close down during one of the busiest seasons unless they are being forced to close their doors. No DOJ/ATF audit requires you to close your shop down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubermcoupe View Post
One member had already picked up a lower which means that things are being released. Let’s take a step back before we jump to conclusions.
This further reenforces my last statement. If a store is shut down, ATF either seizes all the guns and arranges for them to be transferee to another FFL for pickup, OR they allow people to do pick ups only, no sales.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfbay View Post
I heard they were shut down by the DOJ. Maybe they just have to fix the violations which shouldn't probably take long. If that is true, they should be more forth coming.

They seem like cool guys so hopefully they'll be open sooner than later.
You don't get shut down by the DOJ unless your FFL is gone/in serious jeapordy. The DOJ gives you a little yellow slip with all your violations that are itemized, and you're expected to fix them. The ATF sits down with the owner and they go through all their books and all the guns on the floor to make sure everything has been logged in and out properly. When they find a mistake, you have to find and correct it. If you make too many violations, kiss your FFL goodbye
/thread.

ΦΑ
Old 12-02-2012, 9:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrara View Post
It was Red in Milpitas and now brown in San Jose.

Poor choice of words on my end.

I meant they seemed more than willing to help when they were in Milpitas.

My last visit when I did the SSE on the PPQ, they seemed bored.

I think they were kinda teed off I got the PPQ from EBR Works instead of them because they quoted me $1,000 for the PPQ if I ordered through them.
$1000 for a PPQ? Does it come with uh....never mind.

Even if they don't have a distributor's volume discount, I'd think they could still match EBR's price and still make a profit.

Last edited by Apec; 12-02-2012 at 9:18 AM..
Old 12-02-2012, 10:57 AM
Veteran Member

eh, the DOJ is probably just doing audits to soak up some OT before Christmas.
Old 12-02-2012, 12:36 PM

If a shop charges $1000 for a $500 item simply because it can get away with it and make a short term business tells me try not to shop there and support other shops that are more principle driven instead. I drove over an hour to two to a couple of shops that are honest to deal with. I get every business needs to make money so no problem but there should be a principle of 10% or 20% and stick to it instead of 100% markup. Once I asked a gas station owner on why his station is always on the lower side of the price and the first to drop the price instead of prolonging more profit when the oil price are higher, and he said he marks up 5 cents (around there) a gallon of what he gets from his supplier no matter if the per gallon price is $3 or $5...what others may be charging more. There was a gun shop in San Mateo tried to charge $125 for FFL transfer and now it is out of business. No wonder it usually had no customer.
Old 12-02-2012, 12:48 PM

I never liked this shop. I dropped by 2 times while they were still in Milpitas. No "hello", no "can i help you?", nothing.... Not too many guns in stock.
Old 12-02-2012, 12:55 PM

Some group is doing audits in the area. Been seeing them in 3 stores so far and the same people. But the shops were open during these possible audits. Assuming their audits as they were reading off S#'s off rifles and handguns. Writing them in black books.
Old 12-02-2012, 1:17 PM

Left a voice message. Inquired about when they will reopen. Lets see if they call me back.
Old 12-02-2012, 1:19 PM
Calguns Addict

Default Open as of 2pm on Sunday 12-2-12

I drove by it ten minutes ago. The iron security gate was open and it looked open, but I didn't stop by.
Last time I was in they had really few guns in the establishment and the place seemed big for the actual amount of retail going on.
Old 12-02-2012, 2:33 PM

I just dropped by and they were closed still. Praying they open up soon. My stuff has been on order for like 3 months now...
Old 12-02-2012, 3:14 PM
Calguns Addict

Doesn't SJgunguy24 still work there? Anyone try pm'ing him?

"While Ruger DA revolvers may be built like a tank, they have the aesthetics of one also,
although I suppose there are a few tanks which I owe an apology to for that remark"
Old 12-02-2012, 3:34 PM

Try "GIO" on this forum
Old 12-02-2012, 4:19 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apec View Post
$1000 for a PPQ? Does it come with uh....never mind.

Even if they don't have a distributor's volume discount, I'd think they could still match EBR's price and still make a profit.
If it came with KY, I would of bitten.

They said there could be a 7 month wait.

I was about to book it with them but when he said they needed the full $1,000 upfront, I politely declined and said I would do more research.

That's when I found out about EBR works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcliff View Post
Doesn't SJgunguy24 still work there? Anyone try pm'ing him?
SJgunguy24 is no longer involved with Valkyrie Arms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickster1269 View Post
Try "GIO" on this forum
Good luck, I tried getting a quote for a p07 Duty and he never replied, emails or PM.
Hi-Power Practical
Baby Eagle 9mm
P99 AS
Glock 43

Last edited by jrara; 12-02-2012 at 8:48 PM..
Old 12-02-2012, 4:30 PM
Calguns Addict

Both Gio and SJGunGuy no longer work for Valkyrie.
Old 12-02-2012, 4:53 PM

I worked at a largish non-chain gun shop for several years, and we never closed for inventory or audit. Inventory was always done on non-busy weekdays (monday-thursday) and generally in the morning unless we could afford to tie up an employee or two for several hours.

ATF inspections never required shutting down the shop, and generally just involved checking all firearm serial numbers against the number recorded on the box and in the books. They just wanted to make sure that all firearms that should be there were there, that all firearms that shouldn't be there weren't, and that all the record keeping and storage was done properly.

My thought is that either they closed for the holidays (doesn't make too much sense, but it's not my store), or they're in some deep doo doo.
Old 12-02-2012, 6:27 PM

I vote deep doo doo! I just started a ppt, the pick up is on 12/6. I ask about the lack of firearms and the guy ( I did not get his name) told me they sold everything and could not get inventory from gun suppliers. I should have walked out, but the person selling me the firearm have driven to meet me.
Old 12-02-2012, 7:11 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

I too have a gun there waiting for the 10 day wait period and I have been sitting on pins and needles LOL

I hope they get their problems sorted out. Not every SSE-friendly gun shop around here is capable of performing SSE modifications on every gun make. For instance, VA is the only local SSE dealer that can do CZs.

I have bought from VA many times before and I never felt I was overcharged. As recent as April, VA's price for an HK P30L was within $50 of Ryan's (Table Rock Arms).

Yes, I miss the old crew from Milpitas too. Javier, Gio, Karl, Felipe and even Maggie! It was more of a Calguns hang out place than a store LOL. I met a bunch of you guys there.
Old 12-03-2012, 8:52 AM

If they do not return my call, who would I call to inquire about my firearm?
DOJ?
Old 12-03-2012, 11:16 AM

I met these guys the day they opened their store in milpitas. The owner and the orginal crew is top notch and their customer service is second to none. I went to this new location to buy an upper but as soon as i walked in, everything that i said about the store has completely gone the other direction.
Old 12-03-2012, 11:52 AM

I was a satisfied customer at their Milpitas location with nothing but praise for Tim and Javier (I think that's his name). After they moved to the Santa Clara location, I visited them back in April/May and they seemed to have a good amount of stuff out on display, pretty comparable to the old shop.

I've been by probably twice since then, recently about a month ago and their displays are empty, walls are bare. Zero pistols in the case, maybe 2 rifles on the wall. Something was seriously fishy back then, and to read about this now just adds to my suspicion.
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles.” - Jeff Cooper, Art of the Rifle
Old 12-03-2012, 12:17 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sully007 View Post
I vote deep doo doo! I just started a ppt, the pick up is on 12/6. I ask about the lack of firearms and the guy ( I did not get his name) told me they sold everything and could not get inventory from gun suppliers. I should have walked out, but the person selling me the firearm have driven to meet me.
If they are closed for inventory audit, the question is why they can't get anymore inventory from suppliers?
Hi-Power Practical
Baby Eagle 9mm
P99 AS
Glock 43
Old 12-03-2012, 1:03 PM

So just curious being one of many waiting for a SSE order... 5 months and counting.

Has anyone actually received a handgun order made through VA in the past few months?

I see some rifles made it through and some lowers but I don't think I saw mention of any handgun orders being filled.
Old 12-03-2012, 1:09 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrara View Post
If they are closed for inventory audit, the question is why they can't get anymore inventory from suppliers?
That's not the right question. They can't get inventory from suppliers because the suppliers are running low. Valkyrie isn't the only shop with this issue.

The question should be: If they don't have much inventory because the suppliers are so dry, what is taking so long for an inventory audit?
Old 12-03-2012, 1:16 PM
Veteran Member

Add me to the list of suckers who gave money to Valkyrie for a SSE order. 3 months for me. I haven't added it up yet, but how many posts in this thread alone for people with money and/or guns in Valkyrie's hands??? I have a bad feeling about this.

"Let me guess... This isn't about the alcohol or tobacco?"
Old 12-03-2012, 1:21 PM

Just dropped by and they are still closed. Trying to pick up 3 guns in jail and my pick up date was 11/30. I will try to drop by once a day and keep everyone informed.
Old 12-03-2012, 1:24 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but I have not worked there since December of last year, so maybe that is why I never responded to people's PM's or e-mails. All PM's and e-mails that went to VA were not my responsibility once I was let go. Sorry for any inconvenience that may of been caused by me being let go from VA.

I wish everyone well and that they have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Old 12-03-2012, 2:09 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc1138 View Post
That's not the right question. They can't get inventory from suppliers because the suppliers are running low. Valkyrie isn't the only shop with this issue.

The question should be: If they don't have much inventory because the suppliers are so dry, what is taking so long for an inventory audit?

Yes, I think that is better worded than I originally intended.
Hi-Power Practical
Baby Eagle 9mm
P99 AS
Glock 43
Old 12-03-2012, 2:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMo View Post
Has anyone actually received a handgun order made through VA in the past few months?
How far back are you counting when you say past few months? I had them order me a Springfield XD-S at the beginning of August; at that time, the display case was still relatively full of guns. I paid up front (in retrospect, a risky move) as they asked, and the gun came in about 3 weeks later. The two times I went back to DROS and pick it up, the display case was near empty. From what others are now describing, it sounds like the case has not been restocked since then.

Statements I make on this forum should not be construed as giving legal advice or forming an attorney-client relationship.
Closed Thread