Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > MARKETPLACE > Deals, Sales and Coupons
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Deals, Sales and Coupons Found a good deal or sale? Got a coupon or code? Share them here!

Old 11-05-2017, 6:39 AM

Default Stun GUN, rechargable for $3.82

It is near impossible for us to get a conseal carry liscense. At least we can get our wives and loved ones this stun gun for emergency situations. It's only $3.84 at Amazon as an add on item if you spend $25.

https://www.amazon.com/VIPERTEK-VTS-...g=slickguns-20

Sent from my KIW-L24 using Tapatalk
Old 11-05-2017, 9:46 AM

Does anyone think this thing has enough juice to actually be effective against a motivated attacker?
Old 11-05-2017, 9:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleTap View Post
Does anyone think this thing has enough juice to actually be effective against a motivated attacker?
It has a positive review on Amazon. Only $3.84 as an add on, don't think I can go wrong. Worse case senario, I have a rechargable flashlight. But seriously, my wife is only 5ft and 100lbs. I would feel safer if she had this rather than nothing.

Old 11-05-2017, 10:31 AM

I would say some pepper spray would be a better option?
Old 11-05-2017, 10:39 AM

Not to be mean but is your significant other only worth $3.84?
Old 11-05-2017, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nrai2020 View Post
I would say some pepper spray would be a better option?
same, it's too risky to get close to an attacker.

dude could swat the stun gun out of someone's hand if they're ballsy enough.
Old 11-05-2017, 2:39 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

you get what you pay for...................
Old 11-07-2017, 11:53 AM

Try it on yourself before you decide whether or not it would help your wife any in an attack. Mace is definitely preferred.
Old 11-07-2017, 12:17 PM

I know first hand that these stun guns hurt, but they DO NOT incapacitate an attacker (this seems to be a myth perpetrated by entertainment media). To incapacitate an attacker the electrodes must be a significant distance apart from each other (x number of inches). This is achieved with projectile tasers. The tasers I purchased for my loved ones was the “taser pulse” and “taser C2/Bolt”. I paid around $350. It’s probably better to get the C2/Bolt because it’s not immediately recognized as looking like a gun and is less likely to get you killed in a confrontation or in a pull over scenario.
Old 11-07-2017, 12:29 PM

I have a couple of this and bought them at $11 each. I gave them to my daughter who is out in college. It has good reviews and seems pretty powerful.

I don't trust her yet to deploy mace or pepper spray properly yet.. I need to spend time with her and practice !

1) In close-in quarters, pepper spray mist can affect the user as well if they did not have time to deploy the spray from a safe distance. Especially, if surprised and under duress...
2) User can scenario practice with the stun-gun over and over again and then re-charge the unit via USB port.

Advantage of *some* pepper spray is that the attacker will have colored, hard to remove dye that can be later used to identify the offender.

I guess pepper spray for long distance engagement where the victim has enough time to safely prep and aim for the shot safely and Stun gun for in-close engagement!

Some other people thoughts on the subject:

http://www.charliecourtland.com/2010...or-pepper.html

Last edited by supernachos; 11-07-2017 at 12:33 PM..
Old 11-07-2017, 12:50 PM

Go with pepper spray, much more effective. I have a similar stun gun, I've caught my boys zapping each other for laughs.
Old 06-20-2018, 12:16 AM

apologize for bump an old topic...
1)The effectiveness of those cheap stun guns is that they do hurt like hell but without the arc of the spreading probes they will not have the spread to create a large arc of current so while they may cause pain your "shot placement " is going to be much more important with a stun gun. Picture shooting paper targets with a single shotgun with a bayonet vs a knife and realize the limitations of each.

2) Having both been stun-gunned and taken the ride I will say that being stunned if it is not to the neck or over the heart then dropping the bad guy is almost impossible to do. a good 4-5 second bust on each vital spot for most attackers will not so much drop the target but take the fight out of an attacker. The myth of instant drop of any electronic device is movie magic but for control, through pain compliance, the stun guns are adequate for the propose. In According to State Laws, we cannot ship any Stun Guns or Tasers
to the following states; CT, HI, IL, MA, MI, NJ, NY, RI, or WI

Some years ago a friend of my father's gave his 17-year-old daughter a stun gun Viperteck that maybe best tasers review 2018 for her car for "protection." She drove the car to high school and had to brag she had it. Never pulled it out or anything. Got reported to the principal who called the cops who searched her car and found it. This was 6 weeks before her graduation. Was immediately suspended and no graduation. Would have to repeat her senior year the next year to graduate. The very rich Daddy who gave her the gun hired all sorts of lawyers, sued everybody and lost. The girl took the GED during the summer.

All the best: https://tacticsfaq.com/

Last edited by Jismah; 01-05-2019 at 3:38 AM..
Old 06-20-2018, 2:44 AM
Veteran Member

New member from Iowa bumping a old random thread in deals section hmm.
Old 06-20-2018, 1:57 PM

Me thinking that hitting an attacker with this would just piss him off and make it worse. Buy a real taser pepper spray or a knife
Old 06-22-2018, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla Tactics View Post
It has a positive review on Amazon. Only $3.84 as an add on, don't think I can go wrong. Worse case senario, I have a rechargable flashlight. But seriously, my wife is only 5ft and 100lbs. I would feel safer if she had this rather than nothing.

I don't think your Worse case scenario is the worse!
I was thinking getting stab 25 times getting too close trying to stick a flashlight to the bad guy.

Damn.. didn't see the dates... It's like talking to the wind....
Old 06-22-2018, 10:57 AM
Village idiot
CGN Contributor

Be careful some of these units use the old NiMh rechargeable batteries. At a self-discharge rate of 1 to 2% a day, there is a good chance your significant other will pull out a device with no charge left. Particularly if it has been sitting around for a couple of months.

///oh whoops..wow necropost //