Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated Centerfire rifles, carbines and other gas operated rifles.

Old 02-13-2018, 11:41 AM

Default Are norinco hunters legal in ca?

Hi everyone, as I mentioned before I never paid any attention to the “Clinton ban” guns much, I wondered if the norinco hunter is legal in CA in its original factory version? It looks basically like a mini 30. I think it was the hunting rifle version they came out with. I never realized they made it but if it didn’t have a folding or pistol grip stock, I always just kept walking. Thanks
Old 02-13-2018, 5:23 PM

I just looked at the semi auto long gun flow chart, and "Norinco: Hunter Rifle" is listed under Appendix C AK Series for banned by name

Looks like it's not legal in CA
Old 02-13-2018, 5:27 PM
Calguns Addict

There are some that are not marked "Norinco Hunter" but are exactly the same gun. I just sold one here on CGN a few weeks ago.

It's not illegal to tip for PPT!
Old 02-13-2018, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maulerrr View Post
I just looked at the semi auto long gun flow chart, and "Norinco: Hunter Rifle" is listed under Appendix C AK Series for banned by name

Looks like it's not legal in CA
My friend bought an AK47 like a year ago. Aren't those also banned by name?
Old 02-14-2018, 5:38 AM

So the same gun not marked norinco is legal in CA? The wording on the ban thing worries me like maybe basically anything that accepts an AK mag with release could be felonious IF they “wanted to” stick it to you. Also what did u get out of yours and/or what do they usually go for there IF legal. Thanks a lot. I have a pile of ammo and it’s the best platform ever made for 7.62:39 imo.
Old 02-14-2018, 7:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightBeEatingCrow View Post
So the same gun not marked norinco is legal in CA? The wording on the ban thing worries me like maybe basically anything that accepts an AK mag with release could be felonious IF they “wanted to” stick it to you. Also what did u get out of yours and/or what do they usually go for there IF legal. Thanks a lot. I have a pile of ammo and it’s the best platform ever made for 7.62:39 imo.
$650.00 to $1000.00 for a very nice one.
Check Gun Broker Pricing for a comparison.
Yes they were one of the best factory AKs made available to the US public.
Old 02-14-2018, 7:37 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Bunch a fud on here some from newbies. Look up kasler list and remember it is separate from aw regs.
Old 02-14-2018, 11:10 AM

Edgerly, could u answer the question please if u know. I know a norinco hunter is on the list but is a for example Polytech hunter banned? It passes AW regulation requirement that says pistol grip, flash hider, etc... yes I’m a newbie here, I’ve never lived in CA but thinking of moving, heck I don’t even like the thumb hole stock AKs lol. I have many full feature factory original rifles which I know can’t come and I’m not making them featureless. Sad but it’s ok too.
Old 02-14-2018, 11:15 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Look at sticky for aws flow char the look up kasler list. I have ars and an M1A and ar pistols. I have nothing chink.