Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > INTERESTS AND ACTIVITIES > Competition, Action Shooting And Training.
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Competition, Action Shooting And Training. Competition, Three gun, IPSC, IDPA , and Training discussion here.

Old 08-27-2018, 1:11 PM

Default Competitive Data - Glock Challange

That "5 to Glock" stage is a Son of Gun. I eat all my penalty points there (getting twice as many down shots on average than others).

Data plotted are my times from this last weekend relative to last year's (since current data isn't posted) Master Stock class.

It's kind of obvious the longer distance stages are going to separate the men from the boys. It just shows here a little more accuracy goes a longer way towards over all placement than picking up a few tenths at the Plates.

I just REALLY fall out of line at 5 to Glock.

I guess it comes down to if one is going to practice anything one should practice distance accuracy.

Last edited by Snoopy47; 08-27-2018 at 1:17 PM..
Old 08-27-2018, 1:34 PM

Was one of the ROs on that bay this weekend. Trust me when i say that most shooters except for the top of the top of the very top, ran right off the road and into the ditch on 5 to Glock.

I rarely shoot GSSF and have only done it at Richmond and Yolo so i don't know how it's set up for other matches at distance across the country but the 25yd target was the killer for many.
Back to owning some of those "polymer" guns.

They see me rollin'
They hatin'
Old 08-27-2018, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkman View Post
.......... i don't know how it's set up for other matches at distance across the country but the 25yd target was the killer for many.
My understanding is the course of fire is the EXACT SAME across the country.

So yea, 25 yards accuracy is a necessity.

I managed no misses (10 second penalty) between all classes, but those three "D" hits cost me 9 seconds in total (3 seconds each) in a single class, and were they "C" instead that would have been 6 seconds better.

I tried to focus on accuracy over time, and it ended up being a wash.

I think my mistake was shooting 5 to Glock LAST, and at the end of the day.

I focused on shooting all stages of fire for two entire classes, took a break/lunch, and then shot the three stages for my final two classes.

Next time I think I will shoot the hardest stage first (5 to Glock) across ALL CLASSES with my two throw away classes FIRST and get warmed up. Then Glock M, and end with Plates.

I was in the mentality of finishing a CLASS before I moved on. But now I realize I shot 160+ rounds already by time I was entering the class I had my best chance of winning a gun in.

It doesn't matter WHEN or what ORDER I shoot the stages/classes. It all gets collected at the end. I just need to shoot the Class I care about the most when I am just warmed up enough before fatigue starts to take effect.
Old 08-30-2018, 5:25 PM

I was listening to a podcast where one of the top GSSF shooters said 5 to Glock was the "make it or break it" stage. I started with Glock M, then to the plates then to 5 to Glock. It didn't matter in my case because I forgot my shooting glasses and the front sight was a blur!
Old 08-31-2018, 11:53 AM
CGSSA Director, LA Chapter Leader, Captain: Calguns.net Shooting Team
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoopy47 View Post
My understanding is the course of fire is the EXACT SAME across the country.
Actually, there are different variations of each of the stages, and it's up the match director to choose which version they would like to use. I use V2 "The Blade" for 5 to GLOCK at the two SoCal matches, but in April, I shortened it to 20yds to help the stage move a little faster. This seemed to work well.

GSSF Stage Variations

Are we going to see you at the GLOCK West Coast Challenge III in November?