Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > How CA Laws Apply to/Affect Me
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-18-2017, 7:50 AM

So i gather that the BB will have to stay if registering an underfolder AK?
Calif retards, a bb makes it illegal but you cant remove the thing that makes it illegal...
Old 10-18-2017, 8:39 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nopal View Post
Is that currently being challenged in court?
Not yet to my knowledge, we just found out about it a week ago or so. Eventually, hopefully.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMACA_MFG View Post
Not checkers, not chess, its Jenga.
"The California matrix of gun control laws is among the harshest in the nation and are filled with criminal law traps for people of common intelligence who desire to obey the law." - U.S. District Judge Roger T. Benitez

Old 10-18-2017, 7:47 PM
Veteran Member

I built 6 AR pistols a few years ago and decided to part with three of the receivers. I really didn't need six pistols. they were made from 80% receivers and I added correc identifying info as required by ATF. I then transferred those receivers about a year or so later (after losing interest) through FFLs, legally, as pistols.

I wonder what CADOJ is going to want for manufacturer that originally has my name and identifying info on it. Will they have to apply for a unique serial number too?

Moved this question here. I think more appropriate than other thread.
Old 10-18-2017, 8:00 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wireless View Post
I built 6 AR pistols a few years ago and decided to part with three of the receivers. I really didn't need six pistols. they were made from 80% receivers and I added correc identifying info as required by ATF. I then transferred those receivers about a year or so later (after losing interest) through FFLs, legally, as pistols.

I wonder what CADOJ is going to want for manufacturer that originally has my name and identifying info on it. Will they have to apply for a unique serial number too?

Moved this question here. I think more appropriate than other thread.
I think their policy is that even if a firearm passed through a DROS or otherwise was entered into a centralized registry (post 2014) they aren't going to recognize that serial. Call it a hunch, and we just don't know. But if they have a firearm that has been registered and they are denying them then I think there is also no chance a previously dros'd firearm, although also technically in a centralized registry, is not kosher for some insane reason. Probably just to make our lives hell honestly.

But for the legal eagles: how can you have an actual law like AB857 exempting home builds that have been volreged from needing to apply for a serial and then have SB880 regulations (not the law) calling for them to be marked in their fashion with their number? Seems to be a contradiction, hopefully it is a legal problem for them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMACA_MFG View Post
Not checkers, not chess, its Jenga.
"The California matrix of gun control laws is among the harshest in the nation and are filled with criminal law traps for people of common intelligence who desire to obey the law." - U.S. District Judge Roger T. Benitez