Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > California handguns > Handguns Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Handguns Gallery Post your pictures of your favorite sidearm here.

Old 11-03-2012, 2:49 PM

Default Stainless 1911s with wear marks

I just got my stainless XSE... So how does stainless look after its used? How do the character marks look! Post up pictures!

By the way I haven't even shot it yet and made a tiny idiot mark. F**k! I was careful too!
Old 11-03-2012, 4:11 PM

You put the 'mark' on it before you were even able to send out of of the barrel? That has to be a new record there!

At least with stainless, you can make an attempt at buffing it out vs. bluing or something like cerakote.
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles.” - Jeff Cooper, Art of the Rifle
Old 11-03-2012, 4:18 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparkYZ View Post
By the way I haven't even shot it yet and made a tiny idiot mark. F**k! I was careful too!
Apparently not!

Wait til I tell my Colt friends about this......

You can try rubbing it out with Corrosion X and 00 steel wool. Go with the grain!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal Einstein View Post
You put the 'mark' on it before you were even able to send one out of of the barrel? That has to be a new record there!
Old 11-03-2012, 9:56 PM

It's tiny. I was just making sure it had adequate lubrication before I shot it. It's hardly noticeable once the slide stop is in. The full length guide rod is bit more difficult to take down