Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > SPECIALTY FORUMS > Discussions of Faith
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-28-2014, 3:11 PM

my favorite verse is in my tag line...
1 John 4:15 "Whoever confesses that Jesus is the Son of God, God abides in him, and he in God."
Old 05-28-2014, 6:54 PM
Calguns Addict

Too many great verses to count, so I will leave this......

Romans 3:

19 Now we know that whatever the Law says, it speaks to those who are under the Law, so that every mouth may be closed and all the world may become accountable to God ; 20 because by the works of the Law no flesh will be justified in His sight ; for through the Law comes the knowledge of sin. 21 But now apart from the Law the righteousness of God has been manifested, being witnessed by the Law and the Prophets, 22 even the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all those who believe ; for there is no distinction ; 23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, 24 being justified as a gift by His grace through the redemption which is in Christ Jesus ; 25 whom God displayed publicly as a propitiation in His blood through faith. This was to demonstrate His righteousness, because in the forbearance of God He passed over the sins previously committed ; 26 for the demonstration, I say, of His righteousness at the present time, so that He would be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus. 27 Where then is boasting ? It is excluded. By what kind of law ? Of works ? No, but by a law of faith. 28 For we maintain that a man is justified by faith apart from works of the Law. 29 Or is God the God of Jews only ? Is He not the God of Gentiles also ? Yes, of Gentiles also, 30 since indeed God who will justify the circumcised by faith and the uncircumcised through faith is one. 31 Do we then nullify the Law through faith ? May it never be! On the contrary, we establish the Law.

NRA Patron Member
CRPA 5 yr Member

"...which from their verbosity, their endless tautologies, their involutions of case within case, and parenthesis within parenthesis, and their multiplied efforts at certainty by saids and aforesaids, by ors and by ands, to make them more plain, do really render them more perplexed and incomprehensible, not only to common readers, but to lawyers themselves. " - Thomas Jefferson
Old 06-05-2014, 3:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDPatriot View Post
Ephesians 6:10-17 sums up what we're fighting for on this board for me.
^ this
Old 06-10-2014, 6:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 760practicalshooter View Post
John 3:16
New International Version (NIV)
16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
Personally, I like John 3:17 better... thought the whole section around it is AMAZING.

"For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him."
Old 06-10-2014, 8:05 AM

Ecc 9:9
Live joyfully with the wife whom you love all the days of your vain life which He has given you under the sun, all your days of vanity; for that is your portion in life, and in the labor which you perform under the sun.

Jesus said to him, I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.
Old 03-16-2017, 3:44 PM

Daniel 2:22

He revealeth the deep and secret things: he knoweth what is in the darkness, and the light dwelleth with him.
Old 03-16-2017, 4:00 PM
Calguns Addict

Phil 4:8

Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things.

NRA Patron Member
CRPA 5 yr Member

"...which from their verbosity, their endless tautologies, their involutions of case within case, and parenthesis within parenthesis, and their multiplied efforts at certainty by saids and aforesaids, by ors and by ands, to make them more plain, do really render them more perplexed and incomprehensible, not only to common readers, but to lawyers themselves. " - Thomas Jefferson
Old 03-16-2017, 4:40 PM

My favorite daily living verses. I quote/use these more than anyone others for daily living:

Colossians 3:1 Therefore if you have been raised up with Christ, keep seeking the things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. 2 Set your mind on the things above, not on the things that are on earth. 3 For you have died and your life is hidden with Christ in God. 4 When Christ, who is our life, is revealed, then you also will be revealed with Him in glory.
Old 03-16-2017, 8:02 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

John 15:13
Old 03-16-2017, 8:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal326 View Post
Ephesians 5:22-24
New International Version (NIV)

22 Wives, submit yourselves to your own husbands as you do to the Lord.
23 For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior.
24 Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything.
Lol you need to keep reading. It ain't all about us men

The power of Gun free Zones https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=hnBWa_xJz6A

In California we're called "Wacko right-wing gun toting nut jobs with an arsenal" most other states just call us People.
Old 03-18-2017, 1:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWalt View Post
Phil 4:8

Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things.
WOW! That's good!
Old 03-18-2017, 1:34 PM

I like 1 Peter 5:6-7. It keeps me grounded and from getting a big head at the same time. I also put some context around it because it speaks to men about how to act. Great chapter:

To the elders among you, I appeal as a fellow elder and a witness of Christ’s sufferings who also will share in the glory to be revealed: 2 Be shepherds of God’s flock that is under your care, watching over them—not because you must, but because you are willing, as God wants you to be; not pursuing dishonest gain, but eager to serve; 3 not lording it over those entrusted to you, but being examples to the flock. 4 And when the Chief Shepherd appears, you will receive the crown of glory that will never fade away.

5 In the same way, you who are younger, submit yourselves to your elders. All of you, clothe yourselves with humility toward one another, because,

“God opposes the proud
but shows favor to the humble.”[a]

6 Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. 7 Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.

8 Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. 9 Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that the family of believers throughout the world is undergoing the same kind of sufferings.

10 And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast. 11 To him be the power for ever and ever. Amen.
Old 03-18-2017, 10:02 PM

While not in any discovered manuscript prior to the 9th (Latin) or 15th (Greek) centuries, I love the Comma Johanneum in the King James Version:

1 John 5:7 (KJV):

For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

My views:

-I hate being bipolar its awesome.

-Life member, NRA
-10mm. Because .45ACP just doesn't cut it anymore.
-Hold my beer. Watch this.
-Trump. Get some...
-ΙΧΘΥΣ <><
Old 03-19-2017, 7:36 PM
Veteran Member

Song of Solomon 2:16
My beloved is mine, and I am his;
he grazes[f] among the lilies.
Old 03-20-2017, 11:21 AM
From anotha motha
CGN Contributor

Genesis 1:1
"In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth."

Foundational truth of our existence.
Old 03-20-2017, 4:03 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRoberts12345 View Post
Lol you need to keep reading. It ain't all about us men
Yeah....he kinda forgot this part.........

Eph 5:

25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself up for her, 26 so that He might sanctify her, having cleansed her by the washing of water with the word, 27 that He might present to Himself the church [q]in all her glory, having no spot or wrinkle or any such thing; but that she would be holy and blameless. 28 So husbands ought also to love their own wives as their own bodies. He who loves his own wife loves himself; 29 for no one ever hated his own flesh, but nourishes and cherishes it, just as Christ also does the church,

NRA Patron Member
CRPA 5 yr Member

Old 03-20-2017, 5:20 PM
MAN OF GOD
CGN Contributor

Default (John 20:31) God's Word!

"But these are written that you may believe
that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God,
and that by believing you may have life in His name."
(John 20:31)

Dear Heavenly Father, "Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God." I cannot begin to express my gratitude for Your words, so faithfully recorded in Your Holy Bible, that, today, I might experience all the hope, joy, peace, comfort and love that comes from You. We praise You for the examples that You have written down for our warning and also for our encouragement. Thank You for every word, no matter how difficult some of it may be to digest -all of it is for our nourishment. I have grown to love You more deeply because of Your Word - for it is in Your Word that You have revealed Yourself to me and shown me how faithful and trustworthy You are. Those words in black and white have been imprinted on my heart through the opportunities (and difficulties) You have provided to apply what I have learned. You know exactly what I need each day and You put that portion on my plate. Lord, 'whom have I in heaven but You? And earth has nothing I desire besides You. My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.' Thank You that Your word does not return void, but will accomplish what You desire and achieve the purpose for which You sent it. Help us to be faithful about sharing this message and not waste a single moment that we could spend in Your Word. May our lives be a constant testimony of Your grace and mercy to a world in desperate need of saving. Lord, we are grateful in moments like these, which are incomprehensible, where we can find comfort and hope in Your Word. We trust Your ways are higher than ours. We believe that those who sow in tears will reap with songs of joy. We know that You will surround us with songs of deliverance. May Your Words, spoken through Your people, bring comfort and peace to those whose hearts are broken. May Your presence fill the void they are feeling today. In Jesus Name. Amen.
(John 20:31)
Old 03-20-2017, 7:33 PM
Veteran Member

Psalm 144:1
Blessed be the LORD, my rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle;
Old 03-28-2017, 10:58 AM
Veteran Member

This one gave me some strength this last year:

Mathew 6
27 Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life? 30 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith? 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

Trust that God has a plan and have faith.
Old 05-26-2017, 11:29 AM

When I came home from a massive heart attack 7 years ago, I had a near death sentence from the cardiac team that treated me. They were talking about all kinds of radical steps to avoid my being confined to a wheelchair and oxygen for the rest of my life and I had to deal with having only a small percentage of a working heart. In this state, I found several scriptures that strengthened me and led to my healing. Seven years later my heart function has improved by more than 25% and the doctors have no answer for it. I have gone from 6 drugs to 2 and I now mow my 2 acre lot with a 21" mower for my aerobic exercise...Praise God!

Exodus 15:26
And said, If thou wilt diligently hearken to the voice of the Lord thy God, and wilt do that which is right in his sight, and wilt give ear to his commandments, and keep all his statutes, I will put none of these diseases upon thee, which I have brought upon the Egyptians: for I am the Lord that healeth thee

Psalm 118:17-18
I shall not die, but live,
And declare the works of the Lord.
The Lord has chastened me severely,
But He has not given me over to death.

Psalm 27:14
Wait on the Lord;
Be of good courage,
And He shall strengthen your heart;
Wait, I say, on the Lord!
Old 05-26-2017, 11:42 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor