Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Centerfire Rifles - Semiautomatic or Gas Operated Centerfire rifles, carbines and other gas operated rifles.

Old 08-26-2013, 4:31 PM

Default Kel Tec Sub-2000 - legal in CA?

Found a decent deal on a Kel-Tec Sub-2000 (9mm) but don't know whether it is on or off the CA registry, or whether it is even legal in CA? It comes with a 10-round mag, but also uses Sig hi-cap mags which I already own. 1) is it legal to purchase? 2) is it legal to use the Sig hi-cap mags in this rifle, or would that make it an assault weapon by CA's definition?
Old 08-26-2013, 4:57 PM

You need an extended butt pate and a bullet button.if you want to use your high caps then no bb but you need a kyndex wrap around the pistol grip to render it featureless
Old 08-26-2013, 5:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by E Michael View Post
You need an extended butt pate and a bullet button.if you want to use your high caps then no bb but you need a kyndex wrap around the pistol grip to render it featureless
Please forgive my ignorance, but I'm not a black rifle guy, at least not yet. While I understand the concept of featureless, I have no clue which features constitute an "evil" gun. Well, let me restate that, I have some ideas, but I'm sure I can't name them all.

So I'm guessing here... but according to the statement above, I can buy it, but before I take it to the range I need to change or modify the stock, and add a bullet button? Is that correct?

Or if I want to use my Sig hi-cap mags, no bullet button, but I have to modify the pistol grip? Is that correct?

Some more detailed info would be appreciated, because I like the idea of a semi-auto rifle in 9mm.

Thanks...bj
Old 08-26-2013, 7:46 PM

http://www.keltecweapons.com/product/stock-extension/

Thats the stock extension that you need added on before you actually purchase the gun because it makes it the overall length that is required in ca.

http://shop.solartactical.com/KELTEC...N-GRIP-339.htm

that is the thing you would need to not have to use a bullet button. Maybe when I get a chance I can take an actual pic of mine. But you would need both those installed before you buy the gun to make it CA legal.