Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > OUTDOORS, HUNTING AND SURVIVAL > Survival and Preparations
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Survival and Preparations Long and short term survival and 'prepping'.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-09-2017, 2:36 PM
Glock19newb Glock19newb is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 39
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default prep bag in car

HI folks

Does it make sense to have a prep bag with a small .22 pistol and ammo in it in trunk while living in LA? I know you can put this in your trunk and in case you get pulled over and searched you can say you are coming from a range but not sure how that would fly. Also does this make sense since a car can always be broken into?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-09-2017, 4:11 PM
Librarian's Avatar
Librarian Librarian is offline
Super Moderator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Concord
Posts: 36,522
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Blog Entries: 6
Default

You have identified 2 problems, and missed one solution.

First, there are no destination requirements for firearms transport in a vehicle, except 'assault weapons', so you don't need an excuse.

BUT, a handgun must be unloaded and in a completely enclosing locked case.

'Can I have a 'trunk gun?' is an FAQ.

Theft from a vehicle is an issue, no matter what kind of gun is kept there.
__________________
[Carol Ann voice]The Legislature is baaa-ack .... [/Carol Ann voice]

There is no value at all complaining or analyzing or reading tea leaves to decide what these bills really mean or actually do; any bill with a chance to pass will be bad for gun owners.

The details only count after the Governor signs the bills.

Not a lawyer, just Some Guy On The Interwebs.


Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-09-2017, 4:36 PM
Dodahdude Dodahdude is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Andover, Kansas
Posts: 1,218
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Unbelievable.......
__________________
One down, four up!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-10-2017, 6:19 PM
FeuerFrei's Avatar
FeuerFrei FeuerFrei is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: sign said "Abandon all hope, ye who enter here"
Posts: 3,837
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glock19newb View Post
HI folks

Does it make sense to have a prep bag with a small .22 pistol and ammo in it in trunk while living in LA? I know you can put this in your trunk and in case you get pulled over and searched you can say you are coming from a range but not sure how that would fly. Also does this make sense since a car can always be broken into?
Having a get home bag (GHB) or emergency du jour bag is a good idea regardless of locale.
I have a ghb in my truck 24/7, 365 and I have a LTC.
The firearm is a personal preference thing IMO.
The theft possibilities are there, but worth considering.
*. 22 might need a re-think if you're looking at effective self defense purposes.
*Caveat, I don't live anywhere near a large city, so you have my sympathy.

Sent using a long string and 2 Dixie cups
__________________
"Find out just what the people will submit to and you have found out the exact amount of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them and these will continue until they are resisted with either words or blows, or with both. The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress."
-- Frederick Douglass --

“I didn’t know I was a slave until I found out I couldn’t do the things I wanted.”
– Frederick Douglass --
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-10-2017, 8:57 PM
packnrat's Avatar
packnrat packnrat is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 3,815
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Post

everybody should have a get home / breakdown bag in there car truck etc.

as for the gun. just remove and keep with you as needed.
as for work. unless you are forced to go through a metal detector or X ray gismo just keep it in a locked container ( does not need to say gun on it. and ammo is legal in same container).
__________________
big gun's...i love big gun's
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-10-2017, 9:10 PM
pennys dad's Avatar
pennys dad pennys dad is offline
CGSSA President
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: CA
Posts: 5,890
iTrader: 195 / 100%
Default

the .22lr caliber is an interesting option.
* Ammo Weight: You can carry 500 cartridge's easier then 500 9mm.
* Recoil: 22lr has no real recoil
* 22lr doesn't have the stopping power of a 9mm but 10 hits is 10 hits
* But the intimidation factor is equal
* 22lr won't penetrate as well as a 9mm

I think its a personal choice but I would choose a 22lr after by G19.
__________________

Here to help

Pennys Dad
CALGUNS Shooting Sports Association
CALGUNS official 501 C3 Non-Profit

Ps 25:4-5 NLT Show me the right path, O Lord; point out the road for me to follow. Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-10-2017, 10:41 PM
el_clingon el_clingon is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Glendale, CA
Posts: 1,551
iTrader: 20 / 100%
Default

A get home bag is a great idea and every vehicle you own should have one. I have a GHB for the wife's car, mine and my truck, all having the same equipment for city use. I have one GHB/BOB that I use for longer trips, such as 100 mile plus.

Here is what I have, the ten "C"'s
1. 50 feet of Paracord
2. 40 liter klean kanteen. also a Jones Stephens 4-Way Valve Stem Lawn Faucet. and life straw
3. ZT folding knife, a fixed blade. and a multi-tool
4. 2-3 bic liters, and a fire striker
5. one or two bandannas and/or a shemagh
6. ~7-10 feet of duct tape
7. Olight M1X Striker Compact light, with 3 sets of CR123 batteries
8. Military Style Ripstop Nylon Poncho Size: 55 x 90
9. Compass, and maps of my local areas.
10. heavy duty sewing kit.

Extra stuff:

I have a medical kit for each vehicle. I have ETON FRX2 HAND TURBINE CRANK AM FM WEATHER RADIO.

Also, a pair of pants, long sleeve shirt, and sweater, two pairs of undergarments and two pairs of socks. and a pair of Merrell shoes. also, a pair of contacts, glasses, and medications.

Also have food, such as I have two MRE's in my vehicle, along with other package food items.

I carry most of my equipment in a Maxpedition Beefy Pocket Organizer Black. and all this in a Cannae Legion elite pack. With all my gear in my pack is weighing at 23.75 lbs. ~26lbs with water.

for the fire arm, I will hold the 5th on that one...
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-11-2017, 7:28 AM
baih777 baih777 is offline
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Torrance
Posts: 3,410
iTrader: 55 / 100%
Default

When I was working. I had a get home bag and I only worked 6 miles from home. But there is a refinery in my way to get home. Always had a plan in case it blew up.

As for a gun. I guess it depends on where you would need to walk to get home.
Also I had a company car, so it could be searched at any time.

At least start keeping a backpack in your car.
__________________
Been gone too long. It's been 15 to 20 years since i had to shelf my guns. Those early years sucked.
I really miss the good old Pomona Gun Shows.
I'm Back.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-14-2017, 9:30 AM
Claytonmarkin Claytonmarkin is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 18
iTrader: 1 / 100%
Default

I've posted this on other threads, and it's obviously just my take on the situation you can feel free to disagree.

I think people spend way too much time thinking about the gun in their survival kit, and way too little on thinking through realistic scenarios. From what I can gather, the only reason I would need to get home without my vehicle was some kind of massive power outage that managed to disable cars, or block the highways. So after sleeping in my office and hoping things have cleared up, I wouldn't set out on my survival hike until day two, when society hasn't completely collapsed yet.

Look at Syria, their country is torn to pieces and people still try and live normal everyday lives. This "walking dead," "I gotta be sneaky because there are banditos everywhere," fantasy hasn't been observed outside of countries that have been war-torn for hundreds of years. Disasters happen, societies collapse, but things don't go all Lord of The Flies in 24 hours.

I say all that to point out that while a gun isn't a bad idea, some of the nonsense being spouted about the scenario at large is laughable. "Carry a 22, you can have 500 rounds of ammo on you." Give me a break, you are going to get into 500 rounds worth of gunfights with a 22 and you think your going to come out the champion?

Guys, get real. If you have a gun you don't shoot a ton, go ahead and include it in your kit, but your main focus in his type of scenario should be your physical fitness. My commute is 25 miles, and that walk would SUCK if I had to make it.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-14-2017, 9:36 AM
blkside's Avatar
blkside blkside is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: TEMECULA
Posts: 1,639
iTrader: 18 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Librarian View Post
You have identified 2 problems, and missed one solution.

First, there are no destination requirements for firearms transport in a vehicle, except 'assault weapons', so you don't need an excuse.

BUT, a handgun must be unloaded and in a completely enclosing locked case.

'Can I have a 'trunk gun?' is an FAQ.

Theft from a vehicle is an issue, no matter what kind of gun is kept there.
What do you interpret this as from the OAG website -

Furthermore, the handgun must be carried directly to or from any motor vehicle for any lawful purpose and, while being carried must be contained within a locked container
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyNorCal View Post
If I'm going to spend money to touch a woman then it's going to be at a Nevada brothel, on Craiglist hooker, or trolling the streets in a camper van.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 12-15-2017, 11:51 AM
danfinger's Avatar
danfinger danfinger is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 301
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claytonmarkin View Post
your main focus in his type of scenario should be your physical fitness.
500 rounds of ^THIS^
__________________
“Reason is the greatest enemy that faith has.”
~Martin Luther
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 12-16-2017, 12:10 AM
kablooie's Avatar
kablooie kablooie is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: LA County
Posts: 321
iTrader: 7 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baih777 View Post
When I was working. I had a get home bag and I only worked 6 miles from home. But there is a refinery in my way to get home. Always had a plan in case it blew up.
i hate that refinery
__________________
Shop at Amazon via www.shop42a.com - up to 15% of all sales go back to Calguns Foundation!
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 12-21-2017, 5:49 PM
Hammertime's Avatar
Hammertime Hammertime is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Молон Лабе
Posts: 2,915
iTrader: 35 / 100%
Default

Physical fitness, water, basic medical supplies, extra prescription meds, warm clothing, food rations, knife, lighters, radio, flashlight. solar charger, water filter, Glock and $200 in cash.

That should have been another tablet God gave to Mosus.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 12-21-2017, 6:43 PM
woolymanx woolymanx is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Ojai California
Posts: 4
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claytonmarkin View Post
I've posted this on other threads, and it's obviously just my take on the situation you can feel free to disagree.

I think people spend way too much time thinking about the gun in their survival kit, and way too little on thinking through realistic scenarios. From what I can gather, the only reason I would need to get home without my vehicle was some kind of massive power outage that managed to disable cars, or block the highways. So after sleeping in my office and hoping things have cleared up, I wouldn't set out on my survival hike until day two, when society hasn't completely collapsed yet.

Look at Syria, their country is torn to pieces and people still try and live normal everyday lives. This "walking dead," "I gotta be sneaky because there are banditos everywhere," fantasy hasn't been observed outside of countries that have been war-torn for hundreds of years. Disasters happen, societies collapse, but things don't go all Lord of The Flies in 24 hours.

I say all that to point out that while a gun isn't a bad idea, some of the nonsense being spouted about the scenario at large is laughable. "Carry a 22, you can have 500 rounds of ammo on you." Give me a break, you are going to get into 500 rounds worth of gunfights with a 22 and you think your going to come out the champion?

Guys, get real. If you have a gun you don't shoot a ton, go ahead and include it in your kit, but your main focus in his type of scenario should be your physical fitness. My commute is 25 miles, and that walk would SUCK if I had to make it.
I would normally agree with you, but look up reports of people in northern california during the fire. Road rage, fist fights over groceries.

Even in little Ojai where I live during the Thomas fire saw people duking it out over gasoline, 4 hour lines, and services stretched very thin. The thin line of humanity is like a hair follicle. You do not get a do-over in life when you come unprepared. After this fire in Ojai I have 5 people (democrats) that I am taking to get their first guns, they saw first hand what their "neighbors" turn into in a crisis.

I didnt even mention all of the people from Oxnard coming up, looting, stealing from evacuated homes, and robbing cars left at the evacuation center with their doors unlocked.

You are absolutely right about physical fitness. Most fat guys cant even sleep on the ground one night without ruining their back. And I agree about needing 500 rounds... That is overkill and not needed.

Last edited by woolymanx; 12-21-2017 at 6:46 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 12-21-2017, 10:22 PM
Librarian's Avatar
Librarian Librarian is offline
Super Moderator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Concord
Posts: 36,522
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Blog Entries: 6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkside View Post
What do you interpret this as from the OAG website -

Furthermore, the handgun must be carried directly to or from any motor vehicle for any lawful purpose and, while being carried must be contained within a locked container
It's accurate - that's out of a vehicle; unloaded/locked case is required for both in or out of a vehicle.
__________________
[Carol Ann voice]The Legislature is baaa-ack .... [/Carol Ann voice]

There is no value at all complaining or analyzing or reading tea leaves to decide what these bills really mean or actually do; any bill with a chance to pass will be bad for gun owners.

The details only count after the Governor signs the bills.

Not a lawyer, just Some Guy On The Interwebs.


Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 12-22-2017, 9:09 AM
Sailormilan2 Sailormilan2 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Bakersfield, CA
Posts: 2,164
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

I agree that anything more than about 50-100 rds is a bit of overkill. Ammo gets heavy quickly.
My weapon of choice is a 1911. Either a Full Size Government model or an Officers Model. I only carry 50 rds, mixed hardball and JHP, as spare ammo.
However, I often have a complete upper with parts and mags to convert to 9mm in the event of the Zombie Apocalypse, or if I run into hordes of blue helmeted UN forces, and I run out of my primary ammo. A complete upper and mags weighs less than a box of 45acp hardball.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 12-22-2017, 12:57 PM
el_clingon el_clingon is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Glendale, CA
Posts: 1,551
iTrader: 20 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailormilan2 View Post
I agree that anything more than about 50-100 rds is a bit of overkill. Ammo gets heavy quickly.
My weapon of choice is a 1911. Either a Full Size Government model or an Officers Model. I only carry 50 rds, mixed hardball and JHP, as spare ammo.
However, I often have a complete upper with parts and mags to convert to 9mm in the event of the Zombie Apocalypse, or if I run into hordes of blue helmeted UN forces, and I run out of my primary ammo. A complete upper and mags weighs less than a box of 45acp hardball.
I never understood why people want to carry 500 rounds of ammo in their GHB to get home. you are not going go to war on the way home. even in a BOB. ammo gets heavy real fast like sailormilan2 said.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 12-22-2017, 3:09 PM
rm1911's Avatar
rm1911 rm1911 is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Soviet Socialist Republic of Kalifornia
Posts: 3,431
iTrader: 19 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by woolymanx View Post
I would normally agree with you, but look up reports of people in northern california during the fire. Road rage, fist fights over groceries.

Even in little Ojai where I live during the Thomas fire saw people duking it out over gasoline, 4 hour lines, and services stretched very thin. The thin line of humanity is like a hair follicle. You do not get a do-over in life when you come unprepared. After this fire in Ojai I have 5 people (democrats) that I am taking to get their first guns, they saw first hand what their "neighbors" turn into in a crisis.

I didnt even mention all of the people from Oxnard coming up, looting, stealing from evacuated homes, and robbing cars left at the evacuation center with their doors unlocked.

You are absolutely right about physical fitness. Most fat guys cant even sleep on the ground one night without ruining their back. And I agree about needing 500 rounds... That is overkill and not needed.


Funny thing, didn’t really read or hear of such things recently in Houston. Of course, the state routinely votes for looting and plundering. So why would we expect them to act differently.

That’s the democratic party platform: we taketh from others and giveth to you. Their stuff is your stuff. And violent force to accomplish this is acceptable and permissible.

I don’t think carrying a gun in ones trunk all the time is a good idea. Not in this state.
__________________
NRA Life Member since 1990

They're not liberals, they're leftists. Please don't use the former for the latter. Liberals are Locke, Jefferson, Burke, Hayek. Leftists are progressives, Prussian state-socialists, fascists. Liberals stand against the state and unequivocally support liberty. Leftists support state tyranny.

Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 12-22-2017, 3:20 PM
Sailormilan2 Sailormilan2 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Bakersfield, CA
Posts: 2,164
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

Interesting specs for the weight of ammo.

http://www.survivalistboards.com/sho.../topics/159381
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 12-22-2017, 3:30 PM
downdiver2's Avatar
downdiver2 downdiver2 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Southern California
Posts: 683
iTrader: 15 / 100%
Default

We live in CA, lets be honest - if an earthquake were to occur, the big one to cause little to a lot of chaos. You need to become the one who survives by making it home. Not in the chaos searching for food, water, and safety equipment.

Trust me! I am making it home. My wife ask why I keep xyz in both cars and I told her "We could be in San Diego, our house and valuables, even our kids (If with babysitters) could be in Orange County - IM MAKING IT HOME".

In my truck I keep a Viair Air compressor, tire patch kit, recovery ramps, tow straps, ammo, water, etc, etc. Its easy in my truck as I have a bed shell and it sits in the front, not taking up much room.

Same with wifes car, minus the offroad stuff.

I have a carry permit, so the firearm I carry will be with me and I have that specific ammo in the car. All my carry arms are the same caliber.
__________________

Last edited by downdiver2; 12-22-2017 at 3:34 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 12-22-2017, 3:36 PM
downdiver2's Avatar
downdiver2 downdiver2 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Southern California
Posts: 683
iTrader: 15 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claytonmarkin View Post
I've posted this on other threads, and it's obviously just my take on the situation you can feel free to disagree.

I think people spend way too much time thinking about the gun in their survival kit, and way too little on thinking through realistic scenarios. From what I can gather, the only reason I would need to get home without my vehicle was some kind of massive power outage that managed to disable cars, or block the highways. So after sleeping in my office and hoping things have cleared up, I wouldn't set out on my survival hike until day two, when society hasn't completely collapsed yet.

Look at Syria, their country is torn to pieces and people still try and live normal everyday lives. This "walking dead," "I gotta be sneaky because there are banditos everywhere," fantasy hasn't been observed outside of countries that have been war-torn for hundreds of years. Disasters happen, societies collapse, but things don't go all Lord of The Flies in 24 hours.

I say all that to point out that while a gun isn't a bad idea, some of the nonsense being spouted about the scenario at large is laughable. "Carry a 22, you can have 500 rounds of ammo on you." Give me a break, you are going to get into 500 rounds worth of gunfights with a 22 and you think your going to come out the champion?

Guys, get real. If you have a gun you don't shoot a ton, go ahead and include it in your kit, but your main focus in his type of scenario should be your physical fitness. My commute is 25 miles, and that walk would SUCK if I had to make it.
Do you work away from home? Do you have a family? How are you going to make it home to them? Riots have occurred in most every natural disaster. And yes, 500 rounds is EXCESSIVE!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 12-22-2017, 7:07 PM
Cactus_Tim's Avatar
Cactus_Tim Cactus_Tim is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: San Diego
Posts: 1,286
iTrader: 7 / 100%
Default

My car has been ransacked twice in La Jolla in the past 6 months and it's getting worse. Vehicles all over my neighborhood are getting broken into constantly.
I can't have anything of any value in my vehicle. Especially something like a GHB or firearm.
__________________
Freedom isn't Free.

Quote:
First thing I would do is jump to a conclusion without all the facts.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 12-22-2017, 7:33 PM
pennys dad's Avatar
pennys dad pennys dad is offline
CGSSA President
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: CA
Posts: 5,890
iTrader: 195 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailormilan2 View Post
Interesting specs for the weight of ammo.

http://www.survivalistboards.com/sho.../topics/159381
Interesting site and chart. Thank you
__________________

Here to help

Pennys Dad
CALGUNS Shooting Sports Association
CALGUNS official 501 C3 Non-Profit

Ps 25:4-5 NLT Show me the right path, O Lord; point out the road for me to follow. Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 12-23-2017, 6:12 AM
Sailormilan2 Sailormilan2 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Bakersfield, CA
Posts: 2,164
iTrader: 3 / 100%
Default

I live in the Central Valley, and my concern for my GHB is water. Certain times of the year water is much more important than too much spare ammo. I usually have attached on the outside of my GHB at least two USGI 2 qt canteens. That's 8#, and 1 gallon of water won't last long. Even with my hand pumped water filter.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 12-23-2017, 10:10 AM
el_clingon el_clingon is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Glendale, CA
Posts: 1,551
iTrader: 20 / 100%
Default

One person's GHB will vary from another. you have to make account of where you live and work, and how far you usually are from home. I live in Glendale and work in West LA, by UCLA, and it is only 15 miles from my home. My wife works 7 miles away from home, but that does not mean that we will be walking that exact miles in a SHTF scenario/disaster. I set up my GHB for a 50 mile trip for two since the wifey and I usually take my vehicle to places. I usually carry 4 liters of water in my car at all times, and food for both of us, but only 50 rounds of 9mm.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 12-23-2017, 10:50 AM
tamalpias tamalpias is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: San Jose
Posts: 1,818
iTrader: 19 / 100%
Default

My wife uses my suv to drive her friends when they go out, i see my food eaten, my water drank, and jacket missing until i mention it and one of her friends will return it. they go out completely unprepared and when night falls and it gets cold they just take my stuff. i guess in a way they are helping me cycle through my stuff but i really love my japanese/korean crackers
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 12-23-2017, 10:53 AM
tamalpias tamalpias is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: San Jose
Posts: 1,818
iTrader: 19 / 100%
Default

as far as weapons just a nice folder and large can of crowd control pepper spray. i work 11 miles from home, during the initial shock of the earthquake i will have enough time to get home while the looters concentrate on the stores.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 12-24-2017, 2:34 PM
pennys dad's Avatar
pennys dad pennys dad is offline
CGSSA President
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: CA
Posts: 5,890
iTrader: 195 / 100%
Default

My GHB is setup for 3 days as well. I have 50 miles to get home and I figure I would need to add supplies along the way. The load out is 100 9mm and 5 mags. I carry an extra 500 9mm in the car for regular day OMW home range stops for practice. No one should depend on a firearm they have not practiced with regularly .
__________________

Here to help

Pennys Dad
CALGUNS Shooting Sports Association
CALGUNS official 501 C3 Non-Profit

Ps 25:4-5 NLT Show me the right path, O Lord; point out the road for me to follow. Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 12-24-2017, 8:18 PM
sigstroker sigstroker is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 4,239
iTrader: 7 / 100%
Default

There's nothing wrong with keeping a gun legally in your car. Before I lived in CA I often had 2 or 3. If you're that worried about theft, bolt down one of those mini-safes in your trunk.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 12-24-2017, 9:25 PM
lordmorgul lordmorgul is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 238
iTrader: 9 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigstroker View Post
There's nothing wrong with keeping a gun legally in your car. Before I lived in CA I often had 2 or 3. If you're that worried about theft, bolt down one of those mini-safes in your trunk.


But do not run afoul of drug trafficking laws regarding trap door and secret compartments in vehicles, do not place something like this underneath or in wheel wells or behind truck seats etc .
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 12-25-2017, 5:33 PM
ChuckD ChuckD is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: San Diego
Posts: 650
iTrader: 2 / 100%
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmorgul View Post
But do not run afoul of drug trafficking laws regarding trap door and secret compartments in vehicles, do not place something like this underneath or in wheel wells or behind truck seats etc .
Isn't California great! Don't keep your gun loaded, don't have it in the passenger compartment, put it in the trunk you'll be OK . . . oh but don't throw anything on top of it or we'll charge you with hiding it!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 2:01 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Proudly hosted by GeoVario the Premier 2A host.
Calguns.net, the 'Calguns' name and all associated variants and logos are ® Trademark and © Copyright 2002-2018, Calguns.net an Incorporated Company All Rights Reserved.