Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > FIREARMS DISCUSSIONS > Centerfire Rifles - Manually Operated
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Centerfire Rifles - Manually Operated Lever action, bolt action or other non gas operated centerfire rifles.

Old 11-13-2017, 4:48 PM

Default opinions on cz 527 lux

any of you gents have any expierience with this rifle? looking at one in .223, looks good, i know their .22's shoot lites out
Old 11-13-2017, 4:56 PM
Veteran Member

They're good, but I think they are only 1:9 twist?
Old 11-14-2017, 5:33 AM

CZ 527's are nice little rifles in general. The Lux version has iron sights and a Bavarian style stock which is considered very "European" by most American shooters, however it is designed to work with the Iron sights, which is more the typical old style European hunting standard. I wouldn't worry about the 9 twist barrel as that will support bullets up to 69 grains weight, which if you are hunting, is likely as high as you will need to go for less than deer size critters.
Old 11-14-2017, 5:51 AM

The CZ 527 series are fine rifles with superb set triggers that will shoot a large ragged hole at 200 yards with Fiocchi Extrema Poly tipped 50 grain / .223

The lux version has the European stock as mentioned but the mini Mauser is the same across platforms with the variables being barrel length and stock type

The primary trigger is adjustable...but probably leave it alone and use the set trigger for paper punching

1:9 twist has been standard for several years now

You'd be hard pressed to get a more accurate rifle for the $$$
Just be careful about proper mounting and torque of the action and screws in the stock...or consider bedding the action

If you like the cut of the European lux stock over the American version...
Get it

ESCAPE IF YOU CAN

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

"The Second Amendment ex-tends, prima facie, to all instruments that constitute bearable arms, even those that were not in existence at the time of the founding." - The United States Supreme Court -
Old 11-14-2017, 7:15 AM
Calguns Addict

Default Quality rifles

I'm tempted by their mid range bore offerings in this platform. Ought to make for a really handy, lightweight deer rifle.
Old 11-14-2017, 9:24 AM

I have the American model .223 with the older (slower twist) rifling. It shoots bullets up to 55 gr into itty-bitty groups. Loads it likes go into one hole. I use mine for a walking varmint rifle, though my son used it to take a javelina with a 55 gr Hornady. For varmints, I use 50 gr TNTs, Ballistic Tips or V-Maxs with H-322 powder.
Old 11-14-2017, 11:05 AM

Not exactly the same, but I just bought a CZ 527 American Carbine in 7.62x39. Should arrive tomorrow and I'll probably have it at the range by end of month. Will provide a range report afterwards.

Looking forward to having a 7.62x39 day at the range with my Arsenal Sam7, Vepr Pioneer, and the CZ.
Old 11-17-2017, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by papaboomboom View Post
any of you gents have any expierience with this rifle? looking at one in .223, looks good, i know their .22's shoot lites out
I have a .223 CZ 527 Carbine that shoots MOA or less at 100 yds. Reliable and accurate as well as good looking.