Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > VENDORS > Ammo Brothers
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-03-2018, 2:15 PM
Veteran Member

OP walked in asked directly about a gun he couldn’t buy from the store. The salesman likely gets this a lot and for whatever reason decided he didn’t want to show the customer the pistol.

What the OP should have done was go in, grabbed some ammo, targets, talked about his wife wanting a gun, then said “hey I see you got a VP9, I’m looking at one from a private party, could I see yours real quick?” At this point the OP isn’t just in the store wasting the stores time. Now he looks like a serious shopper and is one.
Old 04-03-2018, 2:16 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalFocus View Post
OP walked in asked directly about a gun he couldn’t buy from the store. The salesman likely gets this a lot and for whatever reason decided he didn’t want to show the customer the pistol.

What the OP should have done was go in, grabbed some ammo, targets, talked about his wife wanting a gun, then said “hey I see you got a VP9, I’m looking at one from a private party, could I see yours real quick?” At this point the OP isn’t just in the store wasting the stores time. Now he looks like a serious shopper and is one.
Bingo. Not the vague, toothless “ok, now I’m pissed and will never come back” nonsense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjsig View Post
You are talking to someone who already won this lame conversation, not a brick a wall. Too bad you don't realize it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lear60man View Post
My transvestite analogy stands.
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterfern View Post
Didn't realize. I try not to be political.
XXXXXXXXXXX
Old 04-03-2018, 2:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citadelgrad87 View Post
Bingo. Not the vague, toothless “ok, now I’m pissed and will never come back” nonsense.

In this case the OPs situation is irrelevant to the overriding premise. Unfortunately in today’s day and age Yelp is relevant. Whether you would like it to be or not... Business, especially small ones can and do live or die because of Yelp. Especially places like the Bay Area. You get a bad rep... and your screwed. Justified or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-03-2018, 2:34 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madmox View Post
In this case the OPs situation is irrelevant to the overriding premise. Unfortunately in today’s day and age Yelp is relevant. Whether you would like it to be or not... Business, especially small ones can and do live or die because of Yelp. Especially places like the Bay Area. You get a bad rep... and your screwed. Justified or not.

I would add that i would discipline any employer lying to customers. Figure a way to say it without being insulting or lying about what the law is.
Quote:
You are talking to someone who already won this lame conversation, not a brick a wall. Too bad you don't realize it.
Quote:
Quote:
XXXXXXXXXXX
Old 04-14-2018, 11:59 PM

You never know. Even if they don't purchase that specific LE only gun, they will come back for everything else, hopefully when they do purchase a gun. Everyone and anyone is a potential customer; maybe 98% of them. Yes, don't molest firearms. Have a maximum amount of guns to be handled if their are customers, etc. Be honest and make a store policy; don't just say "You break it, you buy it". Can you imagine if every sales clerk first asked, "Are you really here to buy this item or not?". WTH. However, good alert sales clerks will know who is a "lookieloo" or not, however that is spelled.
Old 04-15-2018, 7:54 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigchinner View Post
You never know. Even if they don't purchase that specific LE only gun, they will come back for everything else, hopefully when they do purchase a gun. Everyone and anyone is a potential customer; maybe 98% of them. Yes, don't molest firearms. Have a maximum amount of guns to be handled if their are customers, etc. Be honest and make a store policy; don't just say "You break it, you buy it". Can you imagine if every sales clerk first asked, "Are you really here to buy this item or not?". WTH. However, good alert sales clerks will know who is a "lookieloo" or not, however that is spelled.
Apples and aardvaarks. He CAN'T buy the item. No non LEO can. It's NOT an " I don't think he is serious about buying so I can't be bothered"

It's literally "he cannot legally buy the item and I can't sell it to him"

Complete masturbation session. Waste of time. It's like standing at the pharmacist counter and saying "I don't have a scrip buy can I look at the oxy?"
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
XXXXXXXXXXX
Old 05-21-2018, 11:34 AM

I suspect the store response was more of a reaction to some legal issue. I know Turner's has the same policy in place, they don't allow anyone, unless they are LE to touch a LE only handgun.

Knowing the way California and the DOJ here makes up ridiculous rules and laws regarding firearms, I bet they told the stores that non LE personnel can not touch these weapons. Makes no sense, but neither do most of the Calfornia firearms laws.
Old 05-21-2018, 12:01 PM

Just got back from Sportsman’s Warehouse in Henderson/Vegas. I thought I was in a candy store. Love being able to feel freedom loving handguns to put on my wish list. Oh well, back in downtown HelL A.
Old 05-21-2018, 10:00 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsmithson View Post
Just got back from Sportsman’s Warehouse in Henderson/Vegas. I thought I was in a candy store. Love being able to feel freedom loving handguns to put on my wish list. Oh well, back in downtown HelL A.
Did you mention you are from CA and were completely wasting their time on guns they could not legally sell you?
Old 05-23-2018, 3:39 PM

I had that happen to me on my last visit to ammo bros I just started looking at Glocks and asking questions.... Difference in barrel length from a g34 to a g17L and then i asked to see the 17L and was told no (a very nice I wish I could but I can't no) due to it being a LEO gun. I apologized since I had no idea it wasn't in the roster. Why does one expect to look and touch a gun they obviously can't even buy your wasting your time and your wasting the ammo bros associates time. Ended up buying a G34 after that
Old 05-28-2018, 8:30 PM
Vendor/Retailer

Location: Perris, San Diego, Cerritos, Ontario, Riverside, Santa Ana

Quote:
Originally Posted by lausdeo View Post
I suspect the store response was more of a reaction to some legal issue. I know Turner's has the same policy in place, they don't allow anyone, unless they are LE to touch a LE only handgun.

Knowing the way California and the DOJ here makes up ridiculous rules and laws regarding firearms, I bet they told the stores that non LE personnel can not touch these weapons. Makes no sense, but neither do most of the Calfornia firearms laws.
You are correct. In more than one of our DOJ audits, they have stated we are not to show "offer for sale" any LE guns without first checking credentials.
Old 06-02-2018, 7:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyyxou View Post
I would let like share my experience with not just ammo bro but a number of other gun stores would not let non LEO handle LEO only pistol. In the very unlikely event that during the showing of the firearm, you many damage or mishandling the firearm, their are unable to make you pay for the firearms and transfer it to your name. I believe that is the main reason, it’s not illegal to touch the pistol but more of a store policy to protect themselves.

Wow.

All Californian “Leo only” firearms are nothing more than your run of the mill free state handguns. Absolutely nothing special about them and anyone can purchase them in a free state, even with a California drivers license. All you need is proof of residency in that state. 6 months for Oregon and Nevada. You also have to be living in that state. Lol

It’s just not fair imo for civilians in California.

US Military Veteran 1994-2015
Federal Drug Enforcement Officer 2012-2016

“An assualt rifle by definition is a rapid-fire, magazine-fed automatic rifle designed for infantry use. A semiautomatic Ar15/Ak47 type firearm with a standard magazine release is not considered an assualt rifle”......Paul LePage, Maine State Governor
Old 06-02-2018, 8:21 PM
🇺🇸 Jack-Booted Gov Thug
CGN Contributor

Location: This information has been redacted in accordance with Title 18 U.S. Code § 798

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyHawk View Post
According to that logic, everyone should pass a background check to prove they are not prohibited and are eligible to buy a gun, before handling a gun in a store. And you accepted that as 'reasonable'?

Think about it man.... Just think about it.
NY state handgun law right here - can't even touch 'em without a purchase permit in hand (or FFL/LEO).

-------
Old 06-05-2018, 10:02 PM
Veteran Member

Riflegear wouldn't let me see an off roster gun even durring the SSE days.

I bought an off roster "SSE" 1911 from them years ago, and they wouldn't bring it out to show me til I paid for it first. They brought it out for the paper work to copy the serial number down and verify it was the correct gun, and I approved it blah blah. But only for a min, I literally only got to hold it for a couple seconds and they put it away fast. Salesman said they aren't supposed to bring out off roster guns.

Luckily I dont have that problem anymore after escaping this dumb state.

Last edited by xxINKxx; 06-05-2018 at 10:05 PM..
Old 06-05-2018, 10:14 PM

I love how we have posters in here beating up the OP for just wanting to look at a gun that’s deemed “unsafe” to the rest of us peasants, instead of saying how ridiculous this is. And for some reason we can’t figure out why we are installing fins on our AR’s.
Old 06-05-2018, 10:17 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAXnikgHTK0