Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism > CA Election Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

CA Election Forum Discussion, Planning and Activism for California local elections

Old 06-06-2018, 7:23 AM

Default Cox Needs Allen's Support Now

I didn't care for Cox, I voted for Allen and promoted him to those I could, but we need Cox to win now and I know thats not likely to happen but we must try.

One thing that I noticed was that Allen's people seem to be Allen or nothing (I'm referring to numerous posts online - facebook and the like). I don't know how but that base of Allen supporters that promoted him online needs to help Cox now. If they don't they deserve Gavin. And no one deserves Gavin none of us deserve that.

So how does Cox win these people over? Shouldn't he be getting Allen on board with him some how?
Old 06-06-2018, 7:26 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Hopefully the November vote will be an upset like the Presidential one was. We can only hope. I do believe however that anyone that voted for Allen will vote Cox since the alternative is the same as the Presidential election was.
Old 06-06-2018, 8:21 AM
Calguns Addict

I supported Allen, but come November it's Cox or nothing.

American Marksman Training Group
Visit our American Marksman Facebook Page
Diamond Bar CCW Facebook Page

NRA Memberships at Discounted fee
Old 06-06-2018, 8:29 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mute View Post
I supported Allen, but come November it's Cox or nothing.
Same, its a no brainer. No way in hell I'll ever vote for NewScum.

Don't argue with idiots, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. I don't respond to posts/posters that aren't worth responding to.
Old 06-06-2018, 8:34 AM
Calguns Addict

I agree
Old 06-06-2018, 8:36 AM

Agreed.
Old 06-06-2018, 8:45 AM
Calguns Addict

Voted for Allen and will vote for Cox now. No way I’m voting for a democrat.
Old 06-06-2018, 8:58 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Location: You can not protect the 1st Amendment without the 2nd Amendment........

Unfortunately if you do the math, Cox + Allen's percentage loses to Newsome + Villargosa's percentage.
I am not sure if this holds true using common core math.
Old 06-06-2018, 9:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorFranko View Post
Unfortunately if you do the math, Cox + Allen's percentage loses to Newsome + Villargosa's percentage.
Add in John Chiang and it's a landslide.
Old 06-06-2018, 9:05 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
That's the first time I've ever considered supporting common core math.

Dear autocorrect, I'm really getting tired of your shirt!
Old 06-06-2018, 9:09 AM

I'm glad to see people saying they'll go for Cox now; I personally don't like him much, but believe he can save us from a pure hell of new gun control measures. He can win; but only if all the groups that opposed him now come together. I still read comments on FB of Allen supporters noting Cox isn't good enough for their vote and I'm like - really? Come on man.
Old 06-06-2018, 9:10 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
of course that doesnt take into account the largest party in CA, independents. indies who voted villaraigosa will likely still write in villaraigosa come nov because of just how horrid newscum is...
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by harbormaster View Post
I'm glad to see people saying they'll go for Cox now; I personally don't like him much, but believe he can save us from a pure hell of new gun control measures. He can win; but only if all the groups that opposed him now come together. I still read comments on FB of Allen supporters noting Cox isn't good enough for their vote and I'm like - really? Come on man.
same stupidity we saw with the never trumpers.

Default correct

Using the primary to do that isn't going to be of much help; the general election has a much higher turn out then primaries. Fortunately Gavin will be complacent. There is no big race for the left to turn out for; and so the Republicans just need to reach out and get their people to the polls. Shock the system.

Quote:
Old 06-06-2018, 9:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYT View Post
of course that doesnt take into account the largest party in CA, independents. indies who voted villaraigosa will likely still write in villaraigosa come nov because of just how horrid newscum is...
We might have better luck winning over independent voters who had supported John Chiang.
As much as we all wanted Allen to win, the political reality in CA is that Cox is probably more palatable to moderate independent swing voters in November.
Voter turnout will be key.
Old 06-06-2018, 9:42 AM

I voted for Allen. I will hold my nose and vote for Cox in November.
Old 06-06-2018, 9:55 AM

Another disappointed Allen voter here who will plug his nose and vote for the Chicago democrat in November.
Old 06-06-2018, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrb865 View Post
I voted for Allen. I will hold my nose and vote for Cox in November.
Sadly this.
Old 06-06-2018, 10:13 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Cox spent his whole life as an Anti-gun liberal from Chicago. How exactly do you think he will be any better then Newscum? He is more left then Villaraigosa and has actually run in the past supporting a 23% Federal Sales Tax. Why you all think pasting a R after his name suddenly changes his stripes is beyond me.

Even if he wins we are screwed, we will get more gun control and more taxes, you do understand that don't you? Will it really matter if he only signs 99 gun control bills VS Gavin signing 100?
Will we have another "Republican" Governor like Arnold who added a 100% penalty on income taxes and called it Amnesty?

The guy doesn't even have enough backbone to stick with one party much less to stand up to a Dem majority in CA Congress

Our only hope is that he brings enough Conservative voters out that the Dem's lose seats at both the Federal and State Level in the mid-terms.

You all want him so bad I hope you can live with what you are doing to yourselves if he wins.

I'm not endorsing Gavin but your advocating replacing a California Progressive with a Chicago Progressive and pretending it don't stink.

Quote:
Originally Posted by epilepticninja View Post
Americans vs. Democrats
We stand for the Anthem, we kneel for the cross

We already have the only reasonable Gun Control we need, It's called the Second Amendment and it's the government it controls.

What doesn't kill me, better run
Old 06-06-2018, 10:16 AM
I need a LIFE!!

on the flip side, if newscum wins, can that speed up the demise of CA due to the overwhelming taxes and fees he will enact, and anti-gun laws that an actual revolt will happen?

or at least make the decision for me to move out of state and finally leave this shiz hole.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalSig1911 View Post
Preppers canceled my order this afternoon because I called them a disgrace... Not ordering from those clowns again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrepperGunShop View Post
Truthfully, we cancelled your order because of your lack of civility and your threats ... What is a problem is when you threaten my customer service team and make demands instead of being civil. Plain and simple just don't be an a**hole (where you told us to shove it).
Old 06-06-2018, 10:33 AM

I was having that discussion with someone recently. Do we let Newsom get whatever he wants as fast as he wants in order to fast-track bankruptcy and riots? Or do we still pretend we have hope that Cox can win? So torn.
Old 06-06-2018, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71MUSTY View Post
Cox spent his whole life as an Anti-gun liberal from Chicago. How exactly do you think he will be any better then Newscum? He is more left then Villaraigosa and has actually run in the past supporting a 23% Federal Sales Tax. Why you all think pasting a R after his name suddenly changes his stripes is beyond me.
Ask the CRPA, they gave him an A rating.
Old 06-06-2018, 11:37 AM

Default NRA

Am I wrong in saying you support the NRA? Maybe I am way off base I thought it as you that said we needed to support the NRA? If I'm wrong I'm sorry in that. Since the NRA gives Cox an AQ and Newsom a "F" as grades wouldn't it make sense to vote for Cox?

Quote:

Even if he wins we are screwed, we will get more gun control and more taxes, you do understand that don't you? Will it really matter if he only signs 99 gun control bills VS Gavin signing 100?
Will we have another "Republican" Governor like Arnold who added a 100% penalty on income taxes and called it Amnesty?

The guy doesn't even have enough backbone to stick with one party much less to stand up to a Dem majority in CA Congress

Our only hope is that he brings enough Conservative voters out that the Dem's lose seats at both the Federal and State Level in the mid-terms.

You all want him so bad I hope you can live with what you are doing to yourselves if he wins.

I'm not endorsing Gavin but your advocating replacing a California Progressive with a Chicago Progressive and pretending it don't stink.
The line I bolded above is one I don't agree with much. I didn't vote for Cox in the primary; I wanted Allen. I will be just as angry if Cox signs away any of our rights and he could but I do have more hope he will not then I do newsome.

Last edited by harbormaster; 06-06-2018 at 11:39 AM..
Old 06-06-2018, 1:06 PM

That 23% sales tax was the flat tax plan which did away with income taxes, encouraged saving and would have done all kinds of good things for the economy.
Old 06-06-2018, 3:18 PM

I voted Allen but i will vote Cox come November
Old 06-06-2018, 3:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch705 View Post
on the flip side, if newscum wins, can that speed up the demise of CA due to the overwhelming taxes and fees he will enact, and anti-gun laws that an actual revolt will happen?

or at least make the decision for me to move out of state and finally leave this shiz hole.
Another 'silver' lining to the possible terrible result. Gnuesome will likely push things so radical it may force a Supreme Court case rejecting a ban on SA for instance.
Old 06-06-2018, 4:26 PM

Bottom line is that we need a republican in office. Cox now must be the choice of all cal gunners.
We have a very good chance in November. Power is in numbers!
Old 06-06-2018, 4:48 PM

Quote:

The voice of reason has spoken.
Old 06-06-2018, 4:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mwjakel15 View Post
Bottom line is that we need a republican in office. Cox now must be the choice of all cal gunners.
We have a very good chance in November. Power is in numbers!
But, those numbers... Republicans are a slowly dying species in California. There will not be a Reep Governor until the party gets right on the issues that matter to California voters - immigration, abortion, housing, transportation, and environment. We agitate for firearms rights on this forum, and we have many friends on the left who also support firearms rights... but firearms enthusiasts ignore those other issues at their peril.
Old 06-06-2018, 5:01 PM
Ready fo HILLARY!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skidmark View Post
The voice of reason has spoken.
71Musty is hardly a voice of reason on this issue, talking about a "Flat Tax" as a leftist thing for example (LOL).

The biggest problems I see with any Republican will be turnout and campaign $$$. Democrats have tons of both while the traditional R funders don't like spending money in California and Republicans are outnumbered by probably 10-20%.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch705 View Post
Democrats are the majority here. Why would they revolt against High Taxes, Illegal Immigration, Gun Control etc? They vote for it with a smile on their face.

Last edited by Hoop; 06-06-2018 at 5:03 PM..
Old 06-06-2018, 5:03 PM

Ill vote 4 cox.

Democrats, Liberals, Socialists and all 2016 election losers. We are sorry you are in darkness now. You still suffer from TDS.
Old 06-06-2018, 11:39 PM
Veteran Member

I voted for Travis Allen but will absolutely be voting for Cox in Nov. What the heck other choice do we have?

"Let me guess... This isn't about the alcohol or tobacco?"
Old 06-07-2018, 7:25 AM

Default Disagree

Yes Democrats at the majority here. No doubt. However

A significant percentage of democrats are for gun rights, a significant number of democrats oppose sanctuary laws, and a significant number of democrats oppose more and more taxes.

Those are the three things Cox needs to hammer home to the democrats. He can get 20% or more of their vote and that can make him a winner in November. The issues are on his side. People need to NOT give up on the idea he's a "Republcan" and can't win. Trump couldn't win and despite the never trump Republicans - he did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
71Musty is hardly a voice of reason on this issue, talking about a "Flat Tax" as a leftist thing for example (LOL).

The biggest problems I see with any Republican will be turnout and campaign $$$. Democrats have tons of both while the traditional R funders don't like spending money in California and Republicans are outnumbered by probably 10-20%.

Democrats are the majority here. Why would they revolt against High Taxes, Illegal Immigration, Gun Control etc? They vote for it with a smile on their face.
Old 06-07-2018, 7:27 AM

Default Define the Issues

Cox needs to define the issues. If newsome is allowed to make it about abortion he will win; if Cox can make it about sanctuary stutus, taxes and and even gun rights - he can win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skidmark View Post
But, those numbers... Republicans are a slowly dying species in California. There will not be a Reep Governor until the party gets right on the issues that matter to California voters - immigration, abortion, housing, transportation, and environment. We agitate for firearms rights on this forum, and we have many friends on the left who also support firearms rights... but firearms enthusiasts ignore those other issues at their peril.
Old 06-07-2018, 7:57 AM

Quote:
Cox needs to define the issues. If newsome is allowed to make it about abortion he will win; if Cox can make it about sanctuary stutus, taxes and and even gun rights - he can win.
FPC's Craig Deluz has interviewed Cox. https://www.facebook.com/gunpolicy/v...6034862154961/ Thoughts?

Millennial.

Continuously learning...

Official Firearms Policy Coalition member
https://www.firearmspolicy.org/
Old 06-07-2018, 8:33 AM

It will be hard for a Republican to win in Nov but this year we may have more hope than other years. If the “repeal the gas tax” initiative gets on the ballot there will be more people voting that are fed up with what’s going on in the state. Hopefully Cox can use that to his advantage. Trump and the National Republican Party needs to stay active in this race.
Old 06-07-2018, 8:42 AM

I also voted Allen but I will support Cox in November.
Old 06-07-2018, 8:46 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

Just like everyone, I also voted for Travis Allen. Very unfortunate that we have so many Dems in this state that we seem to always be outnumbered when it comes to voting, but our only option left is to vote for Cox come November.
Old 06-07-2018, 8:55 AM
I need a LIFE!!

I'd pick Stalin over Newsome. I'm all in for Cox now.
Old 06-07-2018, 8:56 AM

Default Cox Needs Allen's Support Now

Same here. Cox on Nov. NEVER ON NEWSCUM. People need to know what he did at SF.

Last edited by Paltik_ko; 06-07-2018 at 8:58 AM..