Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > POLITICS, LITIGATION AND ACTIVISM > California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

California 2nd Amend. Political Discussion & Activism Discuss gun rights activism and 2A related political topics here. All advice given is NOT legal counsel.

Old 09-15-2018, 3:51 PM

Default CALL TO ACTION for upcoming mid-term election

We can’t change the attacks on our 2A rights in CA unless or until sanity and balance are restored in Sacramento. The November 2018 mid-terms are coming up. We need to rant less on fb and Calguns and TAKE ACTION. Find out who your Local, State, and Federal representatives are. If they are not pro-2A, find out who is and back THEM instead. We need candidates who are law & order Constitutionalists. Pro-1A, pro-2A, pro-border security, ANTI-SANCTUARY STATE. They don’t have to be conservatives, but they must be FISCAL conservatives. Please help by using the letter-writing templates on the NRA-ILA website, and call Governor Jerry Brown 1-916-445-2841 to URGE him to veto all Sanctuary policies. Please like and Share.

John Cox for Governor !!!
https://johncoxforgovernor.com/action-center/

https://act.nraila.org/takeaction.aspx?AlertID=31

https://act.nraila.org/takeaction.aspx?AlertID=30

Regards,

The Always Outdoorsman
Old 09-15-2018, 5:11 PM

He is a Republican on the ballot he has my vote as well as voting for Fineswine to term out the the Anti-American cockroach. I would rather have the useless old predictable lib in office than someone we don’t know how far they will take it.
Old 09-15-2018, 6:42 PM

I received my GOC election picks in the mail today. In looking it over I noticed there are seven Ca. State Assembly seats that have Democrats running with no one opposing them as well as one state senate race. How are we/us going to ever win if no one runs. Is the republican party in this state so screwed up that they can't find one person in these areas to run against the Dem?
Old 09-15-2018, 8:00 PM

Unfortunately all Utah can offer are incumbent Red congressman (Mia Love I hope.) Votes along party lines and Mitt Romney who replaces long time Orrin Hatch.

Last edited by Dan_Eastvale; 09-15-2018 at 8:15 PM..
Old 09-16-2018, 4:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by homelessdude View Post
I received my GOC election picks in the mail today. In looking it over I noticed there are seven Ca. State Assembly seats that have Democrats running with no one opposing them as well as one state senate race. How are we/us going to ever win if no one runs. Is the republican party in this state so screwed up that they can't find one person in these areas to run against the Dem?

It would seem that Republicans don't want to waste their time or money. The Democrats have a strangle hold on California - meaning everybody looses.

Safety Rule #1:
1) Treat all tweakers like they are loaded
Old 09-16-2018, 5:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAOSCLA View Post
We need candidates who are law & order Constitutionalists. Pro-1A, pro-2A, pro-border security, ANTI-SANCTUARY STATE. They don’t have to be conservatives, but they must be FISCAL conservatives.
It's not that I object to any of the things other than "pro-2A" here, but I think there's something to be said for staying focused, and embracing any squishy leftists who like guns and Mexicans, at least within the scope of this forum.
Old 09-17-2018, 9:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by divert_fuse View Post
It's not that I object to any of the things other than "pro-2A" here, but I think there's something to be said for staying focused, and embracing any squishy leftists who like guns and Mexicans, at least within the scope of this forum.
The only leftists who like guns are revolutionary red guard types and they only like them when they're the ones holding them.
Old 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM

If you don't vote BLUE, then you must be a "RED"!
Old 09-17-2018, 1:35 PM

Default CALL TO ACTION for upcoming mid-term election

Only two choices. I'm voting conservative. That means a Republican over any Democrat in a general election.

Liberty, freedom, 2A and the American way is at stake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by GeorgeandSugar; 09-17-2018 at 4:16 PM..
Old 09-17-2018, 3:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.J.F. View Post
He is a Republican on the ballot he has my vote as well as voting for Fineswine to term out the the Anti-American cockroach. I would rather have the useless old predictable lib in office than someone we don’t know how far they will take it.
I will also be holding my nose to vote for Fineswine because there is no doubt the cockroach would attempt to take us where I do not want to go and writing in a conservative could possibly give him some assistance the same way the Libertarian vote lost the Rs some elections.
Old 09-18-2018, 9:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buttfish View Post
If you don't vote BLUE, then you must be a "RED"!
Or a Libertarian... swings both ways
Old 09-18-2018, 9:39 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Have to remind everyone to vote. Election Day isn't a day to go to something else.

We need to hang onto the Senate.
Old 09-18-2018, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weyoun View Post
The only leftists who like guns are revolutionary red guard types and they only like them when they're the ones holding them.
This isn't true, but even if it was, thinking like that won't help you get gun rights. You need to look at outsiders as future friends instead of implacable enemies.

In any case, why would anybody like guns if he wasn't holding them? "I want to make sure my enemies are well-armed" said nobody ever (well, maybe Chesty Puller).
Old 09-19-2018, 8:02 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreggieBoy View Post
Have to remind everyone to vote. Election Day isn't a day to go to something else.
Even easier if you vote by mail. 1/3 already figured that one out. All ballots should be done by mail to avoid the voter machine problems and waste of taxpayer money.

But that would make too much sense.
Old 09-20-2018, 3:09 AM
Calguns Addict

According to lots of sites the democrats smell blood for flipping house and senate.
I suggest we kick in whatever we can to the RNC and other GOP groups to hold our majority in these 2 bodies!
I have and will do more before Nov. FWIW one does not need to make larger contributions to individual candidate’s . If enough people reward our friends with small donations,it can overcome the Bloomberg and soros types.

Yesterday the GOP pulled a huge upset in the Texas states senate. Flipping a district that had not elected a republican for over 100 years!
MAGA!!!!!
Old 09-20-2018, 3:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ja308 View Post
According to lots of sites the democrats smell blood for flipping house and senate.
Did you just say "Hey guys, they're giving away free money at your local prediction market?" Because that's what it sounded like to me.
Old 09-20-2018, 6:26 AM

What have the republicans done for you........ever?

Where is national reciprocity? We have had a clear majority ALL YEAR. Where is national reciprocity? Where is ANY national penalty against kalif,ct, ny, ma, nj for serious continuous 2A violation, constitutional violation in general, corruption, paying off sex claims, bankrupting the country???????

F**k’em all. I have voted in every election since I could but I have no interest in supporting a republican majority that takes me so much for granted they can’t pay me back for my vote in the least deminimiss let alone where it’s important

Republicans are pussies........and at the heart (at best) “our” republicans are just democrap light

As important as this election is I’m not very interested because I / we have been sold out forever and I have no interest in supporting a monarchal jobs program.

“If there is to be a war, let it happen now so that my children will live in peace”

NO COOPERATION AT ALL WITHOUT NATIONAL RECIPROCITY! Period.
Old 09-20-2018, 6:40 AM

I will be moving out of state, tying up loose ends here in Ca the voting week, But Ill make sure to vote red across the board then DD out of paradise.
Old 09-20-2018, 7:33 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fight Now View Post

Where is national reciprocity? We have had a clear majority ALL YEAR. Where is national reciprocity? Where is ANY national penalty against kalif,ct, ny, ma, nj for serious continuous 2A violation, constitutional violation in general, corruption, paying off sex claims, bankrupting the country???????

F**k’em all. I have voted in every election since I could but I have no interest in supporting a republican majority that takes me so much for granted they can’t pay me back for my vote in the least deminimiss let alone where it’s important

Republicans are pussies........and at the heart (at best) “our” republicans are just democrap light

As important as this election is I’m not very interested because I / we have been sold out forever and I have no interest in supporting a monarchal jobs program.

“If there is to be a war, let it happen now so that my children will live in peace”

Reciprocity continues to be a states' right issue.

Move on with your life.

If I could live my life all over,
It wouldn't matter anyway,
'Cause I never could stay sober
On the Corpus Christi Bay. Robert Earl Keene

Heaven goes by favor.
If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in. Mark Twain
Old 09-20-2018, 9:16 AM

Hey Hank

I voted with my feet. Moved to a free state. BUT, when I come to kalifornistan for work I am disarmed and deprived of my constitutional, dare say 14th amendment rights as a citizen.

Not being a captive, subject or *****.....I object. Strongly.
Old 09-20-2018, 10:13 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Hey Hank

I voted with my feet. Moved to a free state. BUT, when I come to kalifornistan for work I am disarmed and deprived of my constitutional, dare say 14th amendment rights as a citizen.

Not being a captive, subject or *****.....I object. Strongly.
We did the same...left California in the late 1980's for TX and ID in 2000.

When I go to California, I do it a bit differently...

If I could live my life all over,
It wouldn't matter anyway,
'Cause I never could stay sober
On the Corpus Christi Bay. Robert Earl Keene

Heaven goes by favor.
If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in. Mark Twain
Old 09-21-2018, 6:55 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:

Mike Bloomberg and George Soros not only approved this message. They have paid for it!
Nice try chump !
Old 09-21-2018, 10:23 PM

I feel sorry for you guys, and to those of you who still fight the good fight, I have much respect for you. I drove out of occupied California for the last time and crossed the River into Free Arizona on May 4th, 2018. I took my gun lock off at the Loves Truck Stop at US (Arizona) 95 and have not looked back since. Drove all the way to the Free State of South Carolina where I bought a brand new construction 4/3 home on an acre in Anderson County, South Carolina for $146K. Sold my place in OC last December. I can shoot on my land, now have my CCW, and enjoy all the benefits. I emailed my former congresswoman, Mimi Walters that I was sorry I couldn't vote for her anymore, and proceeded to explain my newfound freedoms. Not to mention my state liability tax rate went from 13% to 7.3%... Not the best tax state but all in all, it worked out well.

I honestly admire you who keep up the good fight in CA. Keep it up, but it's a losing battle. If you want to move to a free state, AND KEEP IT THAT WAY, feel free to check out the Palmetto State. Very nice!! If you want to bring your liberal politics here, please, STAY in California.

South Carolina is beautiful. Sure we have the occasional hurricane, but we don't have earthquakes. We can carry in the glove box and CCW is shall issue. No 10 day waiting list, no "handgun approval list", no magazine restrictions or that no furniture must comply rule you have with ARs and AKs. Functionless, featureless, whatever you call it...

Seriously though, cheers to you putting in the good fight till the end. I honestly admire and there is no sarcasm there.

Good luck CalGunners
Old 09-21-2018, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by homelessdude View Post
Maybe the Republican politicians are leaving the state.