Calguns.net  

Home My iTrader Join the NRA Donate to CGSSA Sponsors CGN Google Search
CA Semiauto Ban(AW)ID Flowchart CA Handgun Ban ID Flowchart CA Shotgun Ban ID Flowchart
Go Back   Calguns.net > GENERAL DISCUSSION > General gun discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General gun discussions This is a place to lounge and discuss firearm related topics with other forum members.

Old 10-07-2017, 2:46 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCEquestrian View Post
Thank GOD the republicans control the house and the senate. If the Dems controlled congress and the white house it would be as DISASTER for the RTKBA / 2nd Amendment! Chuckie Schumer can't do jack****... All he can do, which admittedly is what he does best, is stand in front of cameras and "drone on..."
They *did* control the Senate and the White House when Sandy Hook occurred. The AWB didn't get a vote and a watered down bill got only 40 votes.

It's okay to be a pessimist and believe the sky is falling, but we have to keep some connection to reality.
Old 10-07-2017, 3:28 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPun762 View Post
Uhh yes. An AK is much easier to shoot than a shot gun. And what if you encounter several trespassers? There is a video of a shop owner who defends his shop from around 7 intruders with an AR. I am sure he was glad to have that AR. I can squeeze off more rounds with my AK than with my 88. I am also way more accurate with my AK and my AR. And even in CA, I have more rounds in my mag than in my 88. So yes, a good defense can be made for having ARs and AKs.

But there is literally nothing you can say about a bump fire stock that makes it practical in a self defense situation. I am just being a realist. There is no way in he'll bump fire stocks will be spared.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bootstrap View Post
I believe it's prudent to factor into your home/family defense plan enough firepower to adequately defend yourself against several armed intruders.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IVC View Post
There is life outside apartment living. Ever heard of people owning land and living in wide open spaces? There is no substitute for a semi-automatic rifle for home defense when it's a real home.
Apparently some of you didn't get it. Here is this better, /sarcasm/

The point was, try an tell the average joe/soccer mom/fence sitter that you need an AK to defend yourself and home. They will say there is no reason to use one. But yet people are trying to say the same thing about the bump stock.

Stop deluding yourselves that "giving up" the bumpstock is in any way going to gain favor with anti gunners.

Last edited by RobG; 10-07-2017 at 3:31 PM..
Old 10-07-2017, 3:42 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyHawk View Post
Go back and read the proposed Feinstein law. They will go after more than bump stocks. And bump firing has been a thing long before a special stock came around.

This is about banning semi auto rifles. I don't mind throwing the slide fire on the sacrficial fire, but they wont stop there. Next is 3-gun triggers, then all drop in triggers, then short resets, over travel stops. They will never stop.

Someone above said it but it should be repeated. You give them an inch, and they will take a mile.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vvr0rSaFgZE

Well said, the problem with giving an inch regardless of your belief on the 2a, the libs always get the mile. I am in the process of trying to procure full auto right now, and the amount of time and hoops that i have to go through is going to be ridiculous.
Why should we sacrifice anything. Let Cali be your example of sacrificial lambs

M. Sage's I have a dream speech;

Quote:
Originally Posted by M. Sage View Post
I dream about the day that the average would-be rapist is afraid to approach a woman who's walking alone at night. I dream of the day when two punks talk each other out of sticking up a liquor store because it's too damn risky.
Old 10-07-2017, 9:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapperforward View Post
I'm pretty sure I've seen Hickok45 firing a full auto Uzi at targets while riding by on a bicycle that he posted to youtube as a monitized video. Now he has a problem with bump stocks? Lost all credibility.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
Indeed. He even has made it a logo for merchandise. F'ing hypocrite. Shoots all type of NFA stuff but hey, F the bumpstock.
Old 10-07-2017, 9:25 PM

Who came up with the idea that if we legitimize the irrational ban, it will somehow help us?

This is pure insanity. Easily more insane than banning a stock to make sure people don't shoot their guns as quickly as those with belt loops and index fingers.
Old 10-08-2017, 9:16 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Maybe the Nevada guy with a tax stamp and full auto doesn't want to share that enjoyment? Or maybe those things cut into his business?

Rifles are rarely used in a crime in this country. Less than 1% of all gun crimes.

"It's the Indian, not the arrow"
Old 10-08-2017, 9:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimi Jah View Post
Maybe the Nevada guy with a tax stamp and full auto doesn't want to share that enjoyment? Or maybe those things cut into his business?

Rifles are rarely used in a crime in this country. Less than 1% of all gun crimes.

"It's the Indian, not the arrow"
Yup. Libs aren't trouble shooters, we all know that. They are feeling based. When you hit them with facts..*insert Microsoft Windows error tone*
Old 10-08-2017, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IVC View Post
There is life outside apartment living. Ever heard of people owning land and living in wide open spaces? There is no substitute for a semi-automatic rifle for home defense when it's a real home.

Agreed. My wife and I live on a big plot of land. Our motto is that our handguns are only meant to defend us until we can get to our rifles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 10-08-2017, 10:54 AM

It has been beat to death here so I'll just say this ,as sky hawk posted any stock and light trigger can be a bump stock and a spring and clothes hanger will make any stock a bump stock easily so if you outlaw any stock easily converted you just outlawed semi auto guns . I respect anyone's right to disagree with me on this but refuse to recognize anyone who does as a Pearson who's opinion I value on gun matters .

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk
Old 10-08-2017, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogohopper View Post
The problem is giving that inch............................
Exactly, you give them an inch, they take a mile! That's why we have to fight harder because they are going to take it anyhow... But limited. We have to fight people! One day it is this, the next day it is that. How many times has the law changed and been altered since it started?

It is more than just guns. They are making laws out of rash emotional times and they have an agenda.

how about all those who oppose guns and such not have armed bodyguards... or they call a special police with only batons. Why can they be protected and we cant...

Ok, it the type of gun.. Why do I need an AR or a bump stock..? It is overkill and beyond use for hunting. My response is because I want to have it. It is my money and my fun at the range. Why do you need a 100k+ car? Why don't we all have the same car since the sports or luxury cars are over kill for daily driving...

F*** THE LAWMAKERS!!! We are being screwed. Do NOT be tricked to think that sympathy for the victims means that we have to give up something... They want you to feel like a heartless enemy if you want your guns. it is not just the guns, but all of our rights and privilege that they can alter at any time if we let them.

Question... Since when has a law stopped someone from doing something unlawful??? People speed everyday. This guy in vegas was not known to be a threat at all. It is easy to paint people as mental cases... We are in a time where you can be called crazy if you want a gun... but sane if you don't want to identify as a male or female... I don't care what you want to be chromosomes don't like... cant change that... But I guess the "laws" are beyond nature and are always right.

F*** THE LAWS PEOPLE!!! WE HAVE TO FIGHT!!!

When someone wants to do bad, they will with and by any means Add to necessary. They are making the gun the subject when it is just the object. it is too scary for them to think and say that the reality is we have no control over the subject. They are selling a lie people!

WTT my 10RD ASC AR15 Mag... For Magpul Mag...
Or anything else... I can pass it on as well. PM me.

My fishing and Outdoors channel on YouTube http://YouTube.com/JaimeAstin
Old 10-08-2017, 11:51 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

If slide fire bump stocks weren't so ugly, I would have got one. But they are ugly, and impractical. I'd rather jump through the hoops and get an actual select-fire rifle (if I could find one.) But I don't agree on a ban on them. The NRA only called for a review of them. More to it back on the libtards that controlled the ATF at the time of the original review. This shows that gun control does not ****ING work. I hate Democrats. I really do.

- Chris Pike ~ Unwanted World
Old 10-08-2017, 11:59 AM

Soon there will be legally required 10 lb triggers with long travel. Imagine that. If th
Old 10-08-2017, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8MERC124 View Post
yup.
Let them ban a stock and it will be easy to go after any after market accessory like a pistol grip that makes it more comfortable to shoot (in their eyes "quicker" or accelerate firing).

Some people may not give a sh*t about those stocks but with the dems track record they cant be trusted so no reason to give them a ledge to stand on.

This
Old 10-08-2017, 1:02 PM

Give an inch and you wind up with a mail order ammo ban...
Old 10-10-2017, 1:10 AM

Lets read between the lines, and don't buy into all the smoke that the NRA is blowing up the MSMs @ss.

The NRA is trying to avoid legislation, through regulation. The NRA knows the bump stock are legal and do not create a full auto.
If the ATF decides to regulate bump stocks, it will be on a singular item.

Antigun legislation will be reaching far and wide, do you want a weak willed congress to vote on a major antigun bill banning stocks triggers etc ?

This is a chess move, and the pawn has not been taken.

Sit tight and see how it plays out.
Old 10-10-2017, 6:29 AM

Bump stocks allows a firearm to shoot in a near identical manner as fully automatic. I understand their mechanics are different but almost verbatim result. I'd rather they be banned and gain reciprocity.

I still love HickOK.
Old 10-10-2017, 6:44 AM
Veteran Member

Did hickok say that all MGs shoukd also be banned?
Old 10-10-2017, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyHawk View Post
What's next - a ban on light triggers? Banning a loose hold on the gun? Because with a light trigger and the right hold, you can bump fire real nice without a bump fire stock. Bump fire was a thing long before the stock.

These fools are arguing against semi auto rifles and they can't even see it. Slippery slope, here we come...
You're thinking too small..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeyedrider View Post
You're right. They'll taste the blood in the water.
Mark my words. They will go after red dot sights and alike, next.

"Faster acquisition of innocent victims, will have a higher rate of casualties"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysantosauxiliarypolice View Post
Bump stocks allows a firearm to shoot in a near identical manner as fully automatic. I understand their mechanics are different but almost verbatim result. I'd rather they be banned and gain reciprocity.
I live in a shall issue county and have my ccw already. I don't give 2 s**** about reciprocity.. see how that might sting a little?

Matthew Jackson Miller: 8-6-07 to 10-15-07
Old 10-11-2017, 5:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Res View Post
I live in a shall issue county and have my ccw already. I don't give 2 s**** about reciprocity.. see how that might sting a little?
A device that allows a firearm to shoot like full auto or reciprocity. I think we know where majority of support will flock to.
Old 10-11-2017, 7:15 AM
Global Warming Enthusiast
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MosinVirus View Post
It is not about a need for anything on a gun. It is about the gun not being the source of evil.

Once you start agreeing with the logic that something on a gun makes it evil you have already stepped onto the wrong path.

And why did bump or slide fire stocks came into existence? Regulation, wasn't it?
Bingo.
Old 10-11-2017, 7:43 AM

People keep saying "sacrifice bump fire stocks and get reciprocity in return!" We won't get anything in return. The left doesn't compromise on gun control, it's all or nothing until we have UK style gun control. No notice police inspections of our homes for our single shot shotgun and bolt action .22.

Compromising when the the other side refuses to is weakness and they will exploit it.

Bump fire stocks and their usefulness or the fact they are already illegal here is irrelevant. What is relevant is compromising with an uncompromising left.
Old 10-11-2017, 7:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by floogy View Post
People keep saying "sacrifice bump fire stocks and get reciprocity in return!" We won't get anything in return. The left doesn't compromise on gun control, it's all or nothing until we have UK style gun control. No notice police inspections of our homes for our single shot shotgun and bolt action .22.

Compromising when the the other side refuses to is weakness and they will exploit it.

Bump fire stocks and their usefulness or the fact they are already illegal here is irrelevant. What is relevant is compromising with an uncompromising left.
Reminds me of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tERAcHZ8NkU

They'll never stop.
Old 10-11-2017, 9:11 AM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by floogy View Post
Of course it would be, but that's not what's going on at the moment.

The other side doesn't control anything at the federal level, so they can only stomp their feet. We control what bills get a vote and we control what's in those bills.
Old 10-11-2017, 4:18 PM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Location: Where chickens cross the road without being questioned.

Quote:
A device that allows a firearm to shoot like full auto or reciprocity. I think we know where majority of support will flock to.
Except that we will never get that choice.
Old 10-11-2017, 10:00 PM

It's the dumbest fantasy BS. Did any Congressman or representative come out and say anything about bumpstocks for reciprocity? No? Then shut the F up you F'ing idiot.
Old 10-12-2017, 4:24 AM

We're talking about an old dude in the Tennessee sticks on frickin YOUTUBE!?!? Come on guys, he's not our spokesman. Sure, he's got "followers" but is that what we've lowered ourselves to? Approval from "Hickok45"? Seems ridiculous to me.
Old 10-12-2017, 5:11 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

What complete idiot thinks reprocity has anything to do with this?
That anyone could even put the two in the same conversation just shows how far you've gone down the rabbit hole fantasy in you heads, shows how crazy the reciprocity freaks have gotten.
SCREW reciprocity! Get rid of the roster first.
NO RECIPROCITY UNTIL THE ROSTER IS GONE!

"Venezuela didn't fail because they incorrectly implemented Socialism. They failed because they wholeheartedly implemented Socialism."
<Donald Trump>

Last edited by nedro; 10-13-2017 at 6:03 AM..
Old 10-12-2017, 6:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealnickb View Post
Except that we will never get that choice.
Not immediately. If we can get reciprocity for most of the states, the California will soon have to follow. Simply use the same argument as homosexual marriage. By then, hopefully one or two liberals in black robes retires and Trump appoints a couple more conservative judges and eventually California will buckle.
Old 10-12-2017, 6:40 AM
CGN/CGSSA Contributor
CGN Contributor

Quote:
Not immediately. If we can get reciprocity for most of the states, the California will soon have to follow. Simply use the same argument as homosexual marriage. By then, hopefully one or two liberals in black robes retires and Trump appoints a couple more conservative judges and eventually California will buckle.
This is exactly what I was talking about.

"Venezuela didn't fail because they incorrectly implemented Socialism. They failed because they wholeheartedly implemented Socialism."
<Donald Trump>